Weight Loss Support - What did you resist today?

View Full Version : What did you resist today?

abreezies
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I know this thread has been posted before, but here goes again.......I am currently sitting here at work smelling this wonderful cheese pizza that they brought in. I can actually see it from my office. I am not going to eat even one little nibble......lol! I am a calorie counter and have 600 left for a snack and dinner.....this is what I said "no" to today! yay!! Good thing my work day is almost over......lol!

JennieLovesKisses
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Yay you can do it! Just say no! lol

A couple nights ago I was in the same situation but at my boyfriend's house...I ended up having 1 slice and although I fit it into my calorie count for the day it totally wasn't worth it. Pizza is a big weak spot for me.

Priscatip
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I said no to the donuts that a coworker brought in AND dried fruit snacks just a minute ago. Not that the fruit snacks would have been 'bad', but I'm not even hungry, and I'd rather have more homemade alphabet soup for dinner!

Aunty Jam
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
donuts and muffins... and I'm hungry :(

Onederchic
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Uhh...I resisted the urge to slap my bf, does that count? :D

lolajean624
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I resisted the pringles the kids had for their after school snack and the ice cream drumstick my daughter ate last night after dinner. that was tough - i love them.

aneleh
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
I said no to eating the other half of a homemade bagel for breakfast/lunch. It would have put me over the limit calorie-wise for that meal and then I'll be starving for dinner again. No way!

stargzr
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I said no to going to this amazing japanese place near my work and getting this yakisoba dish I absolutely LOVE! Because I know I would have overeaten (aka eaten it all) and instead I ate what I'd brought for lunch. :)

abreezies
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Good job ladies!!

highflyer
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
I resisted eating all of my dinner. I have a problem with eating even when I'm full. So I managed to stop before I really hit that point and was uncomfortably full. I also managed to stop eating a little snack right after dinner. Go me!

Asherdoodles87
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I resisted eating Chick-Fil-A at my college cafeteria today. Instead I waited until I got home and ate.

ChunkySmoo
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I resisted eating pound cake that my bf bought home from his parents house...I'm still forced to look at in when i walk in the kitchen lol

Jo Kittibuck
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I nearly gave in and bought some candy and chips today, thinking that one day off wouldn't hurt me, but I reminded myself that the one day offs were why I've been stalled for so long.

Bombe
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
At lunch time I turned down lasagna and tonight I said no to key lime pie!!

Lori Bell
04-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I said no to a huge pile of breaded and fried Morel Mushrooms fresh from the woods. Oh, how I used to love those little babies. I will stir fry several in a little olive oil in the morning and have a mushroom and asparagus omelette instead... YUMMM I love mushroom season!

BecomingMaggie
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
It was a potluck at work yesterday. It is pretty expected that to participate, you bring something to share. I am always broke, so I don't usually participate. But, apparently it has gotten around that I am too broke to bring in food because I had at least three people come and tell me I could help myself anyway. I still managed to stay away even when my cube mate was eating cake!

abreezies
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
It's so hard when it is right in front of you, especially when you can smell it....that's why I did another blog like this, I was so proud that I did not eat any of that pizza......I even took the leftovers home to the kids and when I opened it up for them I saw a big chunk of cheese laying to the side and so wanted to eat it....thinking....its just a a little cheese.......then my now stronger side told myself......it's just a little piece of greasy cheese with probably 150 cals.......lol....so I resisted.....and thankfully my kids ate all 4 pieces!

oodlesofnoodles
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Heavily buttered toast on buttermilk bread. :drool:

Actually, I had 2 bites. But then I had really annoying stomach cramps while running so I guess I learned my lesson :D

Shytowngal
04-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Free office pizza. Why do offices do this to us?????

abreezies
04-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Chocolate chip chunk cookie........at work.....lol. I'm not sure why work does this. You would think I would have more temptation at home with three growing kids, but lately...work has put me to the test!

oodlesofnoodles
04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Free office pizza. Why do offices do this to us?????

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu218/ThrasherGT/mermaid_man.gif

mkendrick
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I have a big test tomorrow, so I thought I'd treat myself to a rare cup of coffee. I went into McDonalds to get a cup. Basically, I resisted every delicious thing Mcdonalds has to offer, haha. The McGriddles were calling my name! But, I left with my one cup of black coffee, hehe.

ohiofreespirit
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM
i said no to ice cream and got some so so frozen yogurt instead.

TamTam
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
The Scale. I am "Fasting" from weighing in for 2 weeks to break the addiction of daily weigh ins, sooo I get to weigh in this saturday and it has not been easy for the past 2 weeks, but so far so good, and I will do my best NOT to weigh more than every 2 weeks, I am doin IE and taking baby steps and tackling one bad habit at a time, this time it's the scale. God Bless. Tammy

LBLAZY
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
A beautiful chocolate donut. My professor bought the class a huge tray of donuts since the semester is coming to the end. Old me would have been on that eating at least 2! Instead, I thought about the delicious oatmeal I made for breakfast and how my stomach was still full from that! It worked! :)

seabiscuit
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
What a cool thread! :D

I went to McDonalds to get a Diet Coke, and only that, so I resisted all the food there :)

Amy

Alexandra
04-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Safeway's lasagna dish (the generic "hamburger helper"). Used to eat it with most of the grease kept in the meat (and if the grease wasn't there, the dish would get too spicy for my tastes).

Haven't had it in what must be a year, but I've been craving it something horrible on-off this past two weeks.

Though I have a little cheat in resisting it: we don't have any of the mixings in the house :D

sarcruze
04-23-2010, 04:10 AM
I resisted mashed potatoes and a big fat burrito.lol

asharksrevenge
04-23-2010, 04:30 AM
I went to Subway this evening while out of town for a meeting. I used to eat their Meatball Marinara with cheese and extra-extra mayo! Gross! And only pickles too, I didn't even attempt to make it healthy :)

Instead, I chose chicken breast, no cheese and honey mustard (fat free!), loaded with veggies!

abreezies
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I just want to say good job to all of you! Right now...yes........at work once again......and these secretaries know that I love me a cinnamon crunch bagel from panera. So they put some honey walnut spread on one and lay it on my desk (they said that they are being bad so I have to be bad too).........um.....I looked it up and if I ate just half of this thing.....it would be 390 cals.......cannot believe it .....I used to eat the whole thing plus my breakfast. I am having a hard time resisting this one, but that would be my whole lunch!........like oodlesofnoodles put it...EVIL!! lol

Renwomin
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
What awesome successes!

Abreezies, how mean of your co-workers! I would pick up that bagel and return it to the bagel stash saying to whomever put it on your desk "Thank you, but this bagel is almost 800 calories and I don't want eating it to sabotage my efforts." (The implied is.. I don't want YOU sabotaging my efforts.)

I'm not saying you shouldn't indulge every now and again, but it should be YOU deciding when you indulge not your coworkers.

I just resisted a donut from a local shop. A co-worker was walking around offering them to people. Office environments seem to be dieting landmine fields!

corazonas
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I resisted a HUGE piece of quiche lorraine from the market today. And i found out after eating my grilled chicken, balsamic grilled veggies, and spinach salad that i was perfectly fine.

bunnythesAINT
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I went to the movies...twice in one day (I've only done that once before) and BOTH times I only had a diet soda. I mean diet soda isn't the greatest but at least it wasn't a 1,000 calorie mega popcorn bucket.

asharksrevenge
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
I went to the grocery store for the first time since beginning my new diet and exercise plan. I was so tempted by everything there! All the high-fat, high-calorie, worthless prepackaged food. I wanted it all! Instead, I chose well-balanced, nutritious meals with lots of fruits and veggies. As a special treat, I discovered that Jello makes chocolate pudding with no sugar and no fat!

TamTam
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Talked my husband out of going eat at our favorite seafood resturant, weigh in tomorrow, not after Mass after work we will be going, and will have each a cup of gumbo and split the meal.

Beverlyjoy
04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
dh brought home a five pound bag on peanuts roasted in the shell - the little kids in the neighborhood came over to see them. For 30 minutes I cracked and shelled the peanuts and gave them to the children and didn't eat one!

VermontMom
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
abreezies - :congrat: on your DAILY resisting of that oh so tempting stuff!!! And not giving in even to that blob of cheese in the pizza box - magnificent!!

today I chose a lesser of two evils - a pack of the 6 little peanut butter crackers instead of anything from the Little Debbie horrible variety :devil: ( I say horrible but I wanted one!)

seabiscuit
04-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh boy :dizzy:- I resisited DQ blizzards and smoothies, Auntie Anne's pretzels, MickeyD's shamrock shake, what else!?! I think that's enough :carrot:

abreezies
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Daily temptations.....Makes you feel good when you finally have to willpower to say no and be in control!!

energie
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Nothing lol. Today was my "maintenance day". So I had more of what I wanted. It was good too :)

mmiller2829
04-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Sam's Club SAMPLES! LOL FREE SAMPLES! Did I mention NOT fat free JUST FREE! LOL The kids kept telling me "oh Mom these taste TERRIBLE!" as they beg to go back and get just TWO MORE!

My kids are soooo good to me. Lieing and saying all samples SUCKED!

cjdeluca
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I was just at a kid's birthday party and I said no to both pizza and a cupcake. The pizza was easy (it never feels like it's worth the calories) but the cupcake.....it looked so darn yummy!!!

Ciao
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
It wasn't today, but later last night my brother was making a chocolate and strawberry cake for this youth party he was going to. He needed my help mixing, and I helped him and didn't even lick the spoon. Haha. :)

onagain1
04-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Everything! It's been a stormy day here all day. With nothing to do, I'd normally be eating everything in the house. But instead I stuck to the plan and just finished a nice dinner of tilapia, green beans, and roasted potatoes.

aliquot
04-24-2010, 08:55 PM
HIBACHI. I went for low cal sushi instead.

motivated chickie
04-24-2010, 09:02 PM
At an outdoor festival, I didn't eat a thing. I had my water bottle and enjoyed walking around. Now I can have a proper dinner.

shoeluver67
04-24-2010, 09:34 PM
chocolate cake. :-( left over from a co-workers birthday.

JennieLovesKisses
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm resisting left over pizza...its in the fridge and my dad keeps pointing it out to me. O.o

seabiscuit
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Donuts and danishes!

Yesterday, cookies

Yay :D

and it feels SO GOOD! If I do it once, I can do it over and over... keep stayin on track :)

farn00a57
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
yesterday I said no to giant crab stuffed mushrooms with cheese on them and few days ago my family was down and I resisted Papa John's pizza and Dairy Queen!!!! Rough week!!!

shcirerf
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
French Fries! Had salad instead.:D

seabiscuit
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I resisted eating in the middle of the night

aab:dizzy:

oodlesofnoodles
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Delicious home baked banana bread.

jynx
04-30-2010, 05:20 AM
1. Portion controlled my dinner and left some things out that I cooked for my partner - resisted pinching his and having as much as him just for the sake of it (portion control ftw!)

2. A friend of my'n brought a big tub of ice cream and I had NONE :D:D (I live in halls at university so there's always lots of goodies around)

3. Went to see the election debate and we ordered chips for our table, again, not one came near my mouth :D

So proud :D:D

asharksrevenge
04-30-2010, 05:26 AM
I went out with my family to a Mexican restaurant for the first time since I've begun dieting. I wanted to eat so many tortilla chips, but I limited myself to seven (I really counted them, too), and instead of the usual cheese enchilada and chicken chimichanga, I had veggie fajitas with beans, no cheese, sour cream or guacamole. It was rough but my food tasted great and I felt wonderful afterward!

time2lose
04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I resisted the urge to criticize myself, to put myself down for not losing the weight fast enough, for letting my calorie range be 1200 to 1300 instead of being strict with 1200. I resisted the urge to tell myself that the hour long aerobics class was not good enough, that I should have walked afterward.

I find it easier to resist food than to resist the tendency to demand perfection from myself.

Vixsin
04-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow!!! You guys are doing so great at resisting!!!! :) :) :)

I resisted eating the entire SUPER yummy homemade double chocolate cake with chocolate chips AND PEANUT BUTTER FILLING!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! I did try it. I had exactly 1 small bite. I was SO proud of myself. I didn't even feel guilty for having the bite because it was a conscious decision and I didn't cave and eat the entire thing. It felt so good!!!!!!!!

I also resisted eating at night after my son goes to bed. That is a big one for me this week. Some nights I would feel like a herd of cattle grazing through my kitchen at all hours.

Way to go, chickies!!! We all should feel really proud!!!!!

Vortgirl
04-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I resisted the extra large bagels and cream cheese a co-worker brought in this morning! Bagels are one of my many weaknesses. I am very proud that I was able to pass on them, despite the push of those around me!:carrot:

Nada
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I resisted the urge to sleep in and got myself to boot camp at 5:30am

VermontMom
04-30-2010, 10:24 PM
While grocery shopping, resisted getting a small container of the store's Oh-so-delicious chicken salad and bag of potato chips (as I have in the past) and instead got a small green salad with 1 1/2 eggs as the protein.

beaka
05-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Today... nothing. That's the problem. :p

greenfishgirl
05-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Buttery, delicious popcorn! I want some soooo badly!

greenfishgirl
05-01-2010, 01:27 AM
At an outdoor festival, I didn't eat a thing. I had my water bottle and enjoyed walking around. Now I can have a proper dinner.

Good job! Especially when you are so close to your goal. I don't think I could have resisted!

bex
05-01-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm saying no to drinking tonight. I need a really good week this week!

augeremt
05-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Beer! My roommate is sitting on the couch next to me with a six-pack while watching NCIS. I, on the other hand, am contemplating how to eat 700 more calories in a healthy way to keep my day's deficit below 1000. None of my ideas involve beer. And I even went to the liquor store twice today!

There's hope for me :)

Congrats ladies. You're doing awesome!

kirst
05-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Home made burgers
Date Squares
Hummus
Egg Rolls
Juice
and most of all......WINE:(

Ash1ey
05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
A delicious buttery bagel from Dunkin' Donuts... went with my strawberries and cottage cheese, instead. :)

Randy
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
i was invited to a BBQ the other day, and steaks, chicken, kebab; they had it all on the grill. all i had to eat was the garden salad and ONE little piece of chicken. i could have eaten a little bit of everything easily, but i held myself back. i was very proud of myself.

ncuneo
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Yesterday, I was ALONE in the office with a jar of mini snickers a 1/4 of leftover chocolate birthday cake (I didn't have any when we celebrated) and a leftover bag of Chipotle chips. I had NONE of it! I actually didn't even want any of it so I can't pat myself on the back too hard. But had this been a week or two ago when I was having a MAJOR munchy phase it would have been a major problem.

Today I'm home ALONE because we are only working 32 hrs and I wasn't able to get out of the house in the am because we had a repair guy come. I just finished my pm snack and I want more of something...but instead I'm going to go hit them gym then run some errands to get myself out of the house until dinner. Go me!

jendiet
05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
i have been resisting without resisting lately. it seems to come naturally. I was hungry yesterday, and my friend sent me to burger king. I didn't want fries or a burger. It just didn't appeal to me. I was craving tuna with celery and onions instead.

today, we went out to eat breakfast--normally i want crepes loaded with fruit and whipped cream. Instead I had the spinach mushroom omelete. I also had turkey sausage with a bowl of fruit on the side. I couldn't finish my whole meal.

I really PRAISE God for the ability to NOT have those horrible cravings and insatiable hunger! I don't even want ice cream anymore. I am pretty sure the liquid diet and grapefruit--which are cleansing my system--are REALLY helping!

xocessy
05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Today I resisted eating a juicy cheesy chicken chimichanga. It looked good. I know it tastes good. Instead, I had the roasted chicken breast AND I took the skin off. :D

yoyoma
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Woohoo! There was free pizza at work today and I turned it down. :)

05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
My husband had a milkshake in the car, sitting right next to me. And the sick part? I ordered it for him. He offered me a drink and I cheerfully turned it down. :)

bex
05-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I resisted cheese in my soup. I love putting cheese in my soup, makes it sooo creamy and delicious but I know I am drinking tonight so I have to keep my points down!

ElanaRose
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I didn't have my sister's birthday cake -- I had a WW ice cream cup and since I still had enough calories to work it in, a sweet potato :D Dee-lish!

Glory87
05-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Chocolately frosting birthday cake at work. That was a toughie.

starchild
05-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Resisted:

Pizza
One of those large size cookies (oatmeal/raisin)
Small bag of Lays potato chips

Whoo-hoo!

Mikan
05-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Today I resisted ordering a sweet frapp or latte from starbcuks, instead went for a good old iced tea. I also resisted other greasy mall foods and had a small, simple sandwich instead. :)