Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #1  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Default weird obsessive craving

I dont know if anyone will have a similar problem here, but I thought I would share and see if anyone has any advice. For the last year or so- I have been OBSESSED with kitkat bars. I have no idea why!! I never liked them that much as a kid- but last year I seriously became addicted to them. I think I had at least 4 a week. It is probably what contributed to my 2009 weight gain of about 10 lbs- most of which I have lost.

However, I am still plagued with thinking about them all the time. Everytime I binge- it's usually because I am wanting them- but not allowing myelf to just go buy one. And I don't want just one- I want the kingsize 400 calorie ones! Every once in a while I will cave and buy one- but I just want to stop craving them all the time! Anyways- I don't know why on Earth I have developed this fixation, does anyone have a suggestion of how to get over this!! I feel so dumb!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds more like a mental craving more than anything else.

I'd write down the times you get the craving and how you are feeling in general at those times. Are you sad? Bored?

Don't feel dumb
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #3  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Yes, I've been obsessed with many foods in the past especially candy. There was a time when I could pack away 3,000 - 5,000 calories worth of chocolate in a single sitting. Yeah, it was that scary. I'm much better now, but I don't ever try to eat candy anymore. It's not worth it.

My strangest food craving are Bacos. Love them to death, but I would eat an entire jar in a sitting, which is gross. I still allow myself Bacos, but only at salad bars and not at home.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #4  

beerab- i think you're right about the mental craving..i will have to pay more attention to the next time I become absolutely fixated on it..

motivated chickie- I shudder to think about the calories I have also put away in previous chocolate "episodes"..Yikes! Candy should be a controlled substance..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

This might help... buy a kit kat bar, eat only ONE of the bars, and then put the rest into the garbage disposal.

It'll help sate some craving without making too big of an impact. I recently bought some of my favorite cookies and I knew I was starting to eat too many so I put them down the garbage disposal. Sure, I craved them for a day or so... but then it went away.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Don't feel dumb! Kit-Kat's are a huge trigger for me.

How about mini-Kat-Kits (the ones that are 80 calories)? Would you be able to stop yourself at just one?
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #7  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Before I started dieting at 173 lbs. I used to sit every night and eat a whole pint of Hagen-Daz chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I have not had any since I started dieting( thank god) 19 mo. ago. I still think about it and want it so much. I won't buy it, I refuse!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #8  

i don't think i would be able to stop at one, or one piece!! I think I need to ban candy. It is the worst trigger! I just destroyed my parents candy collection..GRRR!!! who keeps a drawer full of candy at home and rarely touches it!! I am going to have to ask them to get rid of it or hide it in their room. I feel bad. Thanks for all your support- I'd feel like a nut without you all!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #9  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Don't feel dumb!
I rememebr I used to have big chocolate feasts, I mean even though I was aware of what calories I was eating, I could eat a while bag of chocolate raisans, minstrels, malteasers- easily 1,500 calories without even forcing myself to think and stop! No wonder I was so chubby *facepalm*

I had cravings for jellybeans not so long ago, but for me, it was important NOT to cave in to an extent...I personally know that I wouldn't be able to stop at just a few, so I refuse to let myself buy them. Next time you're getting the urge, stop to think about what it is exactly about the kit kat you want so much...it might help you realize that there's nothing extraordinary about them, certainly nothing worthy of breaking your fantastic run of weightloss!
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Chocolate has always been an issue for me as well. Not buying it or keeping it in the apartment is never the problem because ever since I've been on my own I don't buy ANY junk food. But when I'm at work that's a different story. There's this one pharmacist I work with who does nothing but eat cookies and candy (and surprisingly he's extremely skinny!). But he always has containers set out with chocolates and is always telling everyone to go ahead and have some. Well for most ppl that's 1 or 2 pieces....for me it's the whole bag/bowl/whatever. This is what happened to me on Monday in fact. He had a big of mini snickers bars and other chocolates. I ate so much I was sick to my stomach. I had been doing well with not bingeing at work but Monday just turned out to be a "I don't give a crap" day. So yeah, you're not alone in how much you crave the chocolate....I'm right there with ya

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote