LA Weight Loss - LAWL Friends and losers April 18-24

luv2clog
04-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Where has everyone gone?? I was on LAWL about a year ago and this thread was so active and was a great support. Well, here I am back again. I started going back to the center about a month ago. I have lost a little but it is slow for me. However, every diet seems slow for me. As I get older it is just harder. I am not going to give in to weight gain! So, come on everyone let's do this together!!

Hoochie
04-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Marie, yes this site is definitely not as active as a year ago. I still pop by once in a while but not as much as I used to.
I was really inspired on this site by a few key people. It seems that losing weight and talking about your feelings is so much easier on here than with your friends at home.
I started over a year ago and was 176 pounds. I got down to I think 160 but never kept at it. Today I am at 168 and still plugging away. The weather has been really nice and with me having a little puppy, it encourages me to walk with her outside which is my plan for the whole week. I just came back from California and loved the weather there. I kept thinking that if I lived there, I would have to be outside everyday because its so awesome! Oh, and there is a fast food joint on every corner there...I would have to excercise for sure if I lived there!!!!
Setting small goals is so important I think.
Anyways, have a great day!

Joan

mj2007
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Marie! Hi Joan!

Good to see here.I stop by every couple of days. i guess some of us got bored with this site...too busy...or don't have enough motivation.

i used to check in everyday for the weekly chatter thread mainly. Chatting with girls here about day-to-day life, offering support, cheering on would help me sneak in some relaxation in my busy schedule and make me smile.

Honestly...these days there is no chatter... the only few people usually here are either looking for answers or plans and not really interested in chatting.While i would like to help people with their problems, I used to be here for chatting and i really do not have time to answer all the questions.

Take care n have a great week!

shortandfluffy
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey ladies.. I haven't posted in a while because I started doing calorie counting instead. So I have been over there a lot trying to figure it out. I did LA several years ago and was successful, but I just couldn't get back into it again.

Seemed harder this time around than before. I don't feel like I can cook meals on my own without the cookbook and felt restricted. I dunno... right now I am debating what I want to do.

Mama Nicole
04-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Hello friends :)
Wow......I haven't been around too much lately...........so sad to see this group come to an end. I have been coming here since my oldest DD turned 16......and she is almost 20 now!!!! Keep the faith girls.......everyone will be back eventually..........and new faces will join. :)

I have not been doing LAWL, but have started doing a very low calorie diet. I won't get into the details, but it seems to be working out for me at this time. I am not giving up...........I turn 40 this year, and I am really determined to get my health in order.

Ok, must get kids to bed...........but I will check in again soon :)

Kimphin
04-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi guys - I have stopped by occasionally, but there were no threads, and I wasn't sure if there was anyone around to read one if I started it!

MJ - I understand what you are saying. There are so many questions, and as much as I know that this site if for help with support AND the program, I don't have any updated materials, so I let others answer that stuff. So much has changed since I joined that I don't want to give conflicting info. I just follow the plan as I have it. (Ha - like I've been following any plan - now that's funny)

Actually, I am back on the horse, or wagon, whatever you want to call it. Vacation is over, I have managed to lose what I gained there, so I am continuing on. I made it back to the gym yesterday, after taking one week after my trip off. How is it that I can get out of shape in 2.5 weeks? I was struggling through the weight class, and I had lower weights than normal. So dissapointing.

Hoochie
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Today is a beautiful day. It's time to get the capris and warm weather clothes out again. The good news is that my clothes from last summer still fit me!!! I went walking last night for just under an hour and it was awesome. My plan is to do it again tonight. My DH wants me to work out with him at home in the basement but when its so sunny outside, its hard for me to resist the outdoors
Anyways, I am loving life right now. I think sunshine does that to me!!!
Have an awesome day everyone!!!!

Joan

JLem311
04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
just wanted to say HI! and that i'm still here!

dja140
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to 3 fat chicks and this thread. I did LAWL about 6 years ago and would like to get back with it. I have been reading the other threads and read where the LAWL is closing. I did loose the weight kept it off for a while then switched jobs, got married, gained a 16yo step son and quite smoking all in about 4 months. Anyway, is this a program that I can do without the clinics? If it is it would be great if I could get as much info and support I can get. I copied the take off program from another thread and want to start is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Debbie

luv2clog
04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Good morning everyone! It was nice to see there are some LAWL friends still around. I asked my counselor at the center where I go here in East Texas about centers closing. She said she has heard people talk about that before. She thinks the centers that closed were 'franchises' and she said the one where I go in not a franchise. I don't understand that...I would think every center would be part of a franchise???? Anyway, she says her boss owns 3 centers and they are very busy and no where close to going under.
MJ - I understand what you are saying...however, I am willing to help anyone who needs any information. Not everyone has a center available and not everyone can afford it. For me, if I didn't go it wouldn't work for me. I have to be accountable to someone and this worked for me before. I just hope it works for me this time and that I stick with it long enough to reach maintenance. Everyone have a great day...stay on program...and we will reach our goal together!

Arkantana
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm still here too just calorie counting or estimating. It seems to be working just as well as LAWL for me and it's easier to stay on top of. Weighed this morning and I'm at 145, really happy about that. Mt initial goal was to be at 130 but not so sure about that now. I'm thinking 140 will be great since I'm 5'7 and I really like my body now except for thr stomach area. I have always had sort of a pot belly but not really sure how to make it go away. I hate hate hate sit ups! Any suggestions? Seriously my entire body is now a 6 except for the waist so I have to wear an 8.

mj2007
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi All

Great to see that the team is back :)

Kelli - Do you have the LAWl cookbook? You can get it cheap from ebay and that book really got me started on healthy cooking.

Nicole - I think every decade is something special...20's were awesome...when I hit the 30's mark couple of years ago it was liberating ...40's should be something great too!

Kim- Missed you! On getting back to shape note...I have a wedding to attend Mid-June and I must get a few pounds off by then and hopefully the loose hanging skin too...ew,gross!

Debbie,Marie- Keep up the good work!

Arkantana- Exercise is the only solution I can think of. I had the same problem hanging skin and tunmmy...then I tried Shred and started Yoga...it helped me fit into "size 4" finally!

Have a great day everyone...and lets keep it rolling :)

luv2clog
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
MJ - your stats are AMAZING!

mj2007
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
thnx Marie :)
Btw....has anyone read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels?It is an amazing book. LAWL plan tells you what to do...but that book gives you the science behind it. A must read for any one trying to lose or maintain!

Hoochie
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree Mj, your stats are amazing. I wish I had your drive and will power!

Arkantana
04-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Mj- Wow a size 4? That is awesome! I will work on the exercise, all I really do is treadmill. I bought the 30 day shred when I started in January but was too out of shape to make it all the way through the first time and I have not touched it since. Maybe I can do it this time.....wish me luck.

luv2clog
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey everybody! We get another day...let's do it right! Last night my boyfriend says let's go get something to eat. I usually 'let's go' but I am very proud of myself...I said no. It sure was tempting, but I stayed on program and was down a little this morning. I have to confess that I do like to eat out and have cut it back to once a week. It is just hard to eat out and not over do it. So, today is going to be another GOOD day on the program. It will work if you do it! Good luck everyone and pretty soon our stats will look like MJ's!

sweetandspicy
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I must apologize for my lack of presence in the chat rooms. I now must admit yes I am busy but more importantly l was absent because I have gained back some of my weight. I was/am embarrassed and felt like I let everyone down. But guess what I am back!!!!I will change my ticker Monday as I totally do not have the heart to do it today. I am eating all my favorite things this weekend and starting my diet monday.

A work friend has asked me to help her. She was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She has to loose weight and follow the diabetic diet. Which from my recent research has led me to see that it is very very close to LAWL. They count things as 1 starch and you can only have so many starches a day. The difference is that it emphasizes that you can have that cupcake once in awhile, just a little more freedom. I will stay motivated as I have some accountability. That is what I miss the most from LAWL. We are going to weigh in every monday and keep our progress logged on a chart in my office.

I am also going to get back to walking and exercising. I will try to post more and I will definately keep using 3fc for inspiration.

Good to see all the familar and new faces.

MJ- great progess way to go. You are truely an inspiration

Joan- good to see you, glad the weather is getting warmer and walking to me is the best exercise.

Jillian- Hey, are you still on your exercise kick?

Nicole- You will do 40 great. Just think what you know now than what you did when you were 20.

Arkantana- I did the shred start to finish last summer. It hurt I was sore, I had some pretty strong language for Jillian Michaels but it was worth it. I also remember hurting while trying to sit on the toliet seat, but it went away quickly.

Luv2clog- will power is the key!!! way to go!!

Kim- way to get back on that horse!! Good Luck

JLem311
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
hey Amy M! yeah, i'm still on my exercise kick..haven't stopped since i started up in June (when baby X was 6wks old!) :) it's become a great part of my life, that i'll never give it up! good to see you back and posting!

i've been just too darn busy to post on a daily basis. things are extremely hectic around here. my DH will be leaving for his deployment within the next few weeks and will be gone for 12 months, so we've been gearing up for that and getting everything prepared.

dja140
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey Everybody,
I finish up with take off today,and I read you can buy the program guides from ebay. Has anyone done that yet? Is there a place where they can be downloaded? If my scales are right and it's not a fluke I will be down 6 pounds. Clothes stll fit the same.

Thanks,
Debbie

Also, how do you get the ticker tape on your posts?

MCMommy
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
First week and down 5.5 lbs!! Feeling great and realizing that LAWL is easy! Hoping that it's not all water weight and I will continue to consistently lose, maybe not 5 lbs every week but 2 a week would be great!

dja140 - you get a ticker after 20 days and 20 posts on the sight...still waiting for mine too!

BarbaraB
04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Debbie, I think you can post a ticker after you have a certain number of posts on this web site.

Amy M, I can totally relate, I've gained back even more of my weight and I'm just discouraged with myself over my weight. I decided though that not trying is not going to result in me just staying where I am though. I think we tend to forget that things could get much worse. So anyway, back to the grind stone... although I've not been following LAWL plan lately. I was reading about volumetrics, and was thinking of trying that.

MJ, I did read the Master your Metabolism book. It was excellent. I do think for me that getting enough sleep is key.

Nicole, I can't believe your oldest is almost 20. I hope she is doing well. My daughter is 21 now, and starting to even act like an adult most of the time. 40 is not so old. If you take good care of yourself, you can feel vital and healthy for another 40 years past that, if not more.

dja140
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info! I have found the meal plans but don't know the portion sizes. Where can I get those?

Debbie

Hoochie
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
So glad to see some of you back!!!!

I know some of us have gained a bit of weight back but maybe we can all get back on track together.
Today, I am 168. I really want to get to 160 so that is my first goal.
I saw a friend of mine today that I hadnt seen in a while and she looked awesome. She told me that she lost 40 pounds so far this year. It really inspired me as she is older than me so I cant blame my age anymore.
I have been walking and not losing anything but my diet needs a little tweaking and then I should be on track again.
Have a great day everyone!

Joan

luv2clog
04-23-2010, 08:07 AM
It's Friday and the weekends are always a challenge! I must stay focused and results will follow. It is just so hard...we are so blessed to live where we have such an abundance of wonderful food. I just wish I knew when to stop without being stuffed! Hopefully, that will come, too. :) I wish willpower for everyone this weekend!

JLem311
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
morning all. a busy friday as usual. lots of errands to run, appointments to go to, etc. nothing going on this weekend for us and it is our last free weekend together too. baby X is turning 1yr old next week and then the week after we have DH's activation ceremony. :( so lots of things to do..and some relaxing in there as well.
hope everyone has a good weekend.

mj2007
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey all

I had a very busy week and looking forward to a relaxed evening. Also I have to go for a WI.

Joan- I did not always have this will power. I felt deprived and miserable. Then I realized that the key is to find something I enjoy so much that I want to make it a part of my life. As for example...someone might enjoy weight-training...I found I liked yoga, pilates. Same goes for food...I try new things if I like them I make them a part of my menu plan...otherwise not no matter how good or nutritious they are because I know they won't make me feel satisfied.

Arkantana- You should really try Shred again...it gets easier after couple of days :)

Jillian- Hope you are making most your time with your DH.

Debbie- - Great job!The portion sizes have changed over years so I am not sure what you are looking for. I don't think it is available anywhere without the plans.

Barbara- I loved the book! Since I read it I have switched to decaf coffee and stopped eating processed food totally and the sleep thing is helping me too!

Marie-- You are amazing, girl!You are doing great. It is just a matter of breaking the habit..i used to love eating out too! But since I started eating very low sodium food, I find restaurant food too salty and I do not enjoy anymore unless it is a fine dining place.But thatz expensive so I hardly eat out...works for me :)

Amy M- Good for you!It always helps to have a buddy. I wish I had one!

Take Care all...and Have a good weekend!

duck2swan
04-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi. Glad to see there are others out there! I just got my bars in the mail and am starting again. It was so long ago & I was on the color (purple) plans. Any idea how I can get that? If not, I understand the serving numbers for the other plan but how much (1/2 C or 6 oz) ? :)

BarbaraB
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
MJ, I watched a documentary on PBS yesterday about the food industry, and now I am even more motivated to eat clean. I started cutting down on caffiene but I have slipped there too. Free coffee at work is really more than I can handle apparently. I need to do more of the green tea and less of the columbian (even though it is the richest kind).

I think I'm going to do a take off on Sunday and Monday. That should help with my behaving over the weekend.

Jillian, oh my... It seemed like it was so long to go and now the deployment is almost here. I was hopeful that we really would reduce troops a whole lot more than we have and that he would not need to go. I admire your sacrifice, and hope it makes you appreciate the time you do get with your DH. Baby X is going to have to turn into Toddler X here soon! I hope your walk goes well. I sort of agreed to go on a Cancer walk here soon... but it is only like 4 miles. How far is the NAMI walk?