Alternachicks - Movin' Our Booties! Exercise Support

Sojourner
09-10-2002, 08:45 PM
See, I like change and newness... so I am starting another new thread.

This is how it is... I hate to exercise. :mad: I hate going to the gym. I hate the idea of exercising, even if it is something I actually like doing (like walking). BUT, the reality of the situation is that I MUST get my bootie moving in order to drop the pounds for good. So, I need support and encouragement and inspiration to stick to an exercise plan.

I recently purchased three exercise videos: Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners, Afro-Brazilian Cardio, and Chi Energy for Beginners (t'ai chi). All three are great workouts for someone out of shape and are really FUN! I actually enjoyed all three tapes.

:cb:

What are the rest of you doing for exercise?

Of course, sex is actually my favorite exercise and the only one I do regularly. :s:

mauvaisroux
09-10-2002, 09:59 PM
I walk to work and back home everyday. It is a twenty-five minute walk each way. I am planning of going back to my Bellydance classes on Saturday mornings starting in 2 weeks.
I also bought a book on Pilates but still have to read it:shrug: which I will do in my copious amounts of free time;)

ellis
09-11-2002, 05:02 AM
hello darlings.
I'm dedicated to going to the Y at least 3 times a week. For at least an hour. And as I'm at an all-time high, I'm going to do more stuff around the house and less napping. My energy level is WAY down, and I know it's synonymous with being fat and inactive.

Lamorgan
09-11-2002, 05:14 AM
I have to deliver newspapers 6 days a week, and I'm walking it again as it has become too dark in the morning to bike. Walking (I walk fast) really helps me maintain most of my weight loss from last year. I also don't drive, and bike around town for errands. Next Tues. I start Yoga, to nurture my slightly bent out of shape spirit. I don't like the gym either.

Never liked sweating much, on purpose...

Oh! I almost forgot. I'm registering Hubby and myself for a Sacred Circle Dancing weekend on Oct. 5th. We'll be dancing all weekend and eating yummy vegetarian food. Circle Dancing is great for all ages, sizes and skill. You choose your comfort level, John prefers the difficult fast ones and I like the slower meditative ones...

Just hope there is room.

L

Wanttolosealot
09-11-2002, 06:48 AM
I walk at least 3 times a day, but really try to get in five to seven days. Very rarely seven! When I can afford to get started at the gym I will go three times a week to start. Need to get this fat butt movin too.
Virginia

Sojourner
09-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Tonight DH convinced me to go for a speedy 3 mile walk. We had a discussion the other day and agreed that if I walked the 5k in the upcoming local marathon then he would run the 1/2 marathon. Oh, did I forget to mention that dh is Mr. Athlete and teaches cycle classes several times a week and bodybuilds and was recently certified as a personal trainer? :dz: So... I know that I can physically do a 5k (which is a little over 3 miles) but I am terrified that I will come in dead LAST. :lol: The race weekend is just a few weeks away so I really need to get my rear in gear. Of course, last night dh went out and ran seven miles averaging about eight minute miles... no problem... even though he hasn't run all season. :devil: I on the other hand dragged my bootie through three miles and I was lucky to be under EIGHTEEN minutes a mile. :rolleyes: Well, I guess I have to give myself credit for just getting out there and doing it. Who knows... maybe next year we will both run the full marathon!! :dizzy:

Anyone else want to set some fitness goals??

Sojourner
09-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Today I only did my 20 minute t'ai chi tape, which I really enjoy. It is not an intense work out but it is great for toning and I feel so energized when I am finished. I may go for a quick walk yet tonight.

:strong:

ellis
09-13-2002, 07:36 AM
Sojo, you're doing great!
I'm going to the Y this morning. Third time this week. I've got really good muscle pain in my chest and upper arms, and I'm proud to say that I can now walk on the treadmill without holding on.
Hey, even if you ARE last on the 5 K, the thing is that you'll have DONE it! And the next one will be easier. And your DH will be so proud of you... and so will we!

Fitness goals... let me think about what I could do... maybe there's a walk or something coming up...

xoxo

squeaker
09-13-2002, 07:44 AM
I am horrible about sticking to fitness goals. I have a much easier time controling what I eat. I have tai chi tapes at home, I will dig those out. I like to walk and ride my bike, but I haven't felt like doing that much lately. I am going to do a 5k walk in a few weeks. It is for the American Heart Association. A few of us from work are walking in honor of our co-worker (and friend :))'s husband who had a heart transplant a few months ago. He is doing well I am very happy to say.

Sojourner
09-15-2002, 02:09 PM
I haven't exercised all weekend, however, last night I was out on the town with some alternachicky friends and danced like a crazy fool for quite awhile. Of course, this probably only burned off the... ummm... slightly excessive amounts of alcohol that I consumed. :o But we sure did have fun. Plus I was quite the hottie in the new outfit that I purchased yesterday. I am happy to report that I am sliding into size 14 skirts and pants. And I actually purchased a shirt at a juniors store! Granted it was an X-Large... but I was thrilled. PLUS I even got hit on by a few guys (whom I quickly sent packing) :rolleyes: , despite the fact that I was out with some really thin, stunning women. So all in all it was a great night. Now the plan is to get back on the exercise track sometime today. I still feel like a zombie so a brisk walk may have to wait until tonight. :hypno2:

ellis
09-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Sojo, you burning babe you!!! And sliding into a 14... whoooo hoooo!!!
Okay, keep up the pace and the good feeling... get exercising again, sweetie...
xoxo

mauvaisroux
09-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Whooohoo! Way to go Sojo you bodacious babe you! Congrats on the size 14:cp:

Kudos to all you chickies who managed to exercise this week:cb:

I swear I am starting my exercise plan this week...really:)

Lamorgan
09-17-2002, 11:17 AM
Started a weekly Yoga class. Every Tues from 9:30 until 11.

I'm tired and limp.

Lois

ellis
09-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Yay, Lois!!!
go girl!!

katrinabgood
09-17-2002, 08:36 PM
4...count 'em...4 days in a row of exercise! I don't want to brag and get cocky about it, but MAN! those endorphins are flyin'!

WHOOOOSSSHH!

ellis
09-17-2002, 09:18 PM
yip yip Kat!!!
Brag away!!

mauvaisroux
09-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Way to go chickies!:cp: Keep up the good work!

soozie
09-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Girls still didn't get to the gym....gotta go tomorrow and break my streak of not going. .. then get readdicted to going...does that make sense??? Help help someone drag my fat *** to the gym and tie me to a moving treadmill...well, not really, but you get the idea!
Soozie

Sojourner
09-19-2002, 02:23 PM
I just returned from a 3 1/2 mile walk... it took me all morning to convince myself to go. The 20 minute t'ai chi tape seemed much more appealing. Plus, I was horrified the moment I stepped outside because even though it is only 75 degrees the humidity must be at 100%. :cry: And I DO NOT do well in the heat. But regardless, I made my way out of my neighborhood, over the bridge and off of my little island, through the park, along the lake and all the 100 year old mansions, swung past the light house, back through the park, and headed home.

Right before I made it to the light house, I see this woman cruising toward me... you know... one of those hard core walkers with head phones and spandex and a sport bra and a tan and thin and muscular. She was really moving, much faster than me. :rolleyes: My first thought was to really hate her and her fast moving skinny butt. And then, as we drew closer I suddenly noticed that this speedy woman was at least 60 years old!! If not older!! Boy, did I feel stupid. She came cruising towards me and with a smile on her face said "Better get this done before the rain comes!" and zipped by. I thought... man, if she can do it what the heck is my excuse? How pathetic was I for feeling sorry for myself this whole walk... and here zips by a lady over twice my age who could clearly kick my bootie in any athletic event? And then as I rounded the next bend this little old gray man is his trousers and button up shirt and thick glasses is taking what is probably his daily morning walk... now he is moving s...l...o...w... but he must be eighty-five years old. So what do I honestly have to complain about? So, with that reality check in hand and a major attitude adjustment, I picked up the pace and finished my walk with a new determination. That 5k walk is just a couple weeks away, and I am really going to do it.

I mean really, what excuses do we have? :?:

Sojourner
09-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Reality is setting in on me that the 5k race is this Saturday. What was I thinking??:eek: I looked at the 5k times from last year and am getting nervous... I really don't want to come in last. Well, I just dragged my butt around an approximate 5k course and with a little bit of running I can do it in under 45 minutes... which means I should come in somewhere near the 3/4 mark of overall times (the slowest being around an hour). Hopefully I can run a little more during the actual race, since that really helps on the time. I am having second thoughts but as they say I am going to "just do it!" :o

Wanttolosealot
09-26-2002, 03:56 PM
YOu go Sojo-grrrl
That is great 45 minutes! They would be picking me off the pavement if I tried to Run a race. Walking is my pace so far, however, I am hoping by next year to be running. Good for you! Please let us know how you make out on Saturday. We will be cheering for you.
Virginia

Jogger
09-26-2002, 06:10 PM
It sounds like everyone is really getting into the exercise mode. Exercise is the one area where I don't have any movitvation issues. I get up every morning at 6 and jog 4-5 miles. It really invigorates me throughout the day and gives me time to just think and focus. Then after work I lift weights 3 days/week and do either a bike ride or yoga on the other days. There is nothing like the feeling of being strong. If I don't do ab and back work at least 3 times per week, my back is suffering.

Sojo-I ran my first 10K this summer and it was such an adrenaline rush you wouldn't believe it. It takes a little bit of building up to, just start slowly, and you can do it.

I believe that a little bit of exercise helps me to compensate for the delish food I love so much. The hardest part is getting going, getting myself up off the couch. :)

~Julie:angel:

Wanttolosealot
09-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey chicks,
Just got back from the gym. Worked my legs tonight, back last night and arms Tuesday, it feels fantastic. I love the feeling of pumping those weights and building up sexy muscle. I love muscle, drives me crazy, especially in a woman. Sorry went off track there for a moment. I may take tomorrow off or go in and do a light over all work out. I always start off with cardio, and tonight was the first night for the cross trainer, wow, that is a wicked piece of equipment. What a workout.
Anyway enough rambling on, hope you are all enjoying yourselves and livin life.
Love, Live and Laugh

Virginia

Kaylets
09-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Your posts have been all so motivating!!

Is there room for one more??

ellis
09-26-2002, 08:38 PM
Sojo, you go, girl!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!
Use us as your mantra. We'll all be thinking about you...
xo

Soozie... get to the gym girlie...

ellis
09-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey Jogger and Kaylets! Welcome to the club of non-losers. I mean losers...

Virginia, don't you just love the gym! I'm going again tomorrow...

Kaylets
09-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome-

Am still "getting fit" -- Just upped the morning stationery bike from 15 minutes to more- Almost forgot that "rush" when your heart is really working--

Also think I am seeing a real difference in how my day is less stressful if I can get the heart pumping in the am.

We have rain here on the East coast tonight and are very glad for it as we have been on drought restrictions. Supposed to rain nearly all weekend. Makes me feel so clever to have the bike in the basement!

I am also easing myself back into some weight training as I know its great for bone density.

Does anyone have a plan that alternates activities to keep the calories burning? I keep seeing articles suggesting that once the muscles "know " what excercise to expect there will be less calorie burn because the muscles learn to burn calories more efficiently. I am wondering, do you alternate daily, weekly, by season ??

Sojourner
09-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the support and encouragement... I really need it. I probably only jogged six or seven minutes total but it was enough to get me under 45 minutes. Plus I think I kind of hurt my foot/ankle but nothing too serious. I popped a few ibuprofin and don't feel a thing anymore. I'd skip the race except I've told too many people that I am going to do it and I would feel silly backing out. I have a friend who is like that... constantly talking about all these events she is going to do and then never does them. She brags and boasts about supposedly training for a marathon and then backs out.... it drives me nuts. So I'd hate to do the same thing... although I'm hardly bragging about it as I have this intense paranoia about coming in dead last. But hey, at least I will be out there trying. :p

Wanttolosealot
09-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Sojo- It does not matter if you come in first, last or somewheres in between as long as you are happy with yourself. Don't worry about what others think, if your ankle is hurting and you feel you could do it more harm, than don't run. Regardless of what you decide I wish you well.
Virginia

Wanttolosealot
09-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Hi Kaylets, and welcome to this wacky group!
Virginia

ellis
09-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Sojo... tomorrow is your big day! We'll be thinking about you.
You know what... you're never last if you finish. It's the ones who DIDN'T do it that are last. Keep your chin up, hon.

Jogger
09-27-2002, 07:05 PM
Sojo-Have a great time tomorrow. I am really proud of you for going through with it. Just think of all the people who don't even try to do a 5K. You are a winner already, and I know you won't come in dead last--all those people still sitting on their couches are the ones in last place.:smug: Good Luck.

Kaylets-You asked about alternating exercises. What I have done with my weight lifting routine, is just do the reps in a different order. It is amazing how much harder those first couple of weeks are without increasing the weight or addding to the number of reps. I also alternate seasonally. In the summer I jog and bike outside. During the winter months, I do kickboxing, step aerobics and yoga inside where it's warm and dry. :)

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep active and stay healthy.

~Julie

mauvaisroux
09-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

Welcome Kaylets and Jogger!

Good luck tomorrow Sojo! The point is to win something for yourself, it may be a boost for your self confidence or a sense of pride for saying you were going to do this and actually carrying it through.

I am going to bellydance class tomorrow morning-can't wait to get moving :hyper:

Sojourner
09-29-2002, 01:03 AM
I did it! My first 5k! I was nervous and worried but I did just fine. I managed to run about 7 minutes and walked the rest of it. I think my time was 46:13 which is right about where I hoped to be. The rest of the day was spent limping around as my legs and feet are really sore. My right foot/ankle was still bothering me and still hurts... actually feels like muscle cramping. Thus I am off to my jacuzzi for a little water therapy and relaxation.

BTW, I really appreciate the support here. I don't think I actually would've followed through with the race if it hadn't been for all the encouragement! :)

Now tomorrow my husband is running the half marathon... which looks like it will be in the rain. :rain: Now I get to go stand out in the wet cheering him on tomorrow... but thankfully I don't actually have to run one step!

Kaylets
09-29-2002, 06:01 AM
Sojourner- I am so impressed!! GOOD FOR YOU!! Isnt it great to know you did it! When you watch your husband today it will be a different kind of "bystander" - one that knows what each step feels like- -- rather than " something I can't do" -
and PS, have you ever tried magnesium for cramping? especially leg cramps? 2 200mg will work almost w/ in 24 hrs- DH tried extra potassium for years, his doctor suggested magnesium, it was amazing how fast it worked!

Jogger, thanks for the tips- I was thinking a lot about the seasonal aspect-- guess we're both on the same page !

We didnt do much except for walking yesterday. DH and I went to Cirque du Soleil in Philadelphia and walked a few city blocks. I think I'll try and get on the bike once I'm done posting. Also need to do some gardening- the sunflowers need cutting down and I have some Iris bulbs I need to plant.

have a good one!

:genie:

ellis
09-29-2002, 07:22 AM
Sojo, congratulations!! We knew you could do it!!
I like what Kaylets said about your outlook on watching your husband run today. It's so true. You're one of them! And you're just going to get better and better.

Cirque du Soleil! Aren't they fantastic!!

I only went to the Y twice last week, but I'm determined to get there 3 times this week.

xo

Wanttolosealot
09-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Three cheers for Sojo! You did it! Congratulations girl! We knew you could do it.:jig: :cp: :cp: :cb: I bet next year you are running right beside hubby in the half marathon. You can do anything you set your mind to.

I made it to the gym again last night. Ten minutes on the thread mill, about four of those minutes I actually jogged. It felt great! I have not been able to get these fat legs moving so fast in a long long while. Then I did five minutes on the cross trainer. That really exhausts me, but I love it. It really works all your muscles at once. Then it was off to the weights again, I have already moved up to a heavier weight and I like the feeling I get, pushing up those last few reps, when your body is so tired but you just have to do it.
:barbell: :strong
Enough rambling again, take care all

Virginia

Sojourner
09-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was 382 out of 435 5k participants... but I would say 300 or so of those folks were runners. I am feeling pretty proud of myself and very inspired... especially after watching the marathon runners today. It just amazes me that people can be in such great shape. Hubby did wonderfully... finished the 1/2 marathon in 1 hour and 48 minutes, which is great considering he only ran a few times this summer. Today the top female marathon finisher (from Hungary) broke the local marathon record and won a $10,000 bonus! She finished in 2 hours and 38 minutes... amazing. There were all sorts of people out there... big, small, thin, overweight, young (10 years old), old (80 years old!), fast, slow, disabled... over 3500 participants. Then there was the wheel chair/hand crank participant who just had a kidney replacement a couple months ago... he did the full marathon. It was so inspirational and motivating... next summer dh is going to run the full marathon and I want to at least go for the 1/2... who knows... maybe the full! Right now my short-term goal is to work up to running the entire 5k.

:dance:

(that is me doing my victory dance)

Wanttolosealot
09-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Got this booty movin again today at the gym! Uped my weights and went for 25 minutes on treadmill instead of 20 minutes. SOjo, once again way to go girl and tell DH congrats too okay, he really did well, and next year will finish the whole marathon.
Virginia

katrinabgood
09-29-2002, 06:17 PM
GO Sojo! GO Sojo!
What an accomplishment!!
Congratulations!

Sojourner
09-30-2002, 05:33 PM
So my new fitness is goal is to be able to run an entire 5k by the end of the year:

October 31: run 1 mile
November 30: run 2 miles
December 31: run 3.1 miles (5k)

Anyone else want to set some new fitness goals?

:D

Kaylets
09-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Woke up on time but just couldnt get out of bed for almost 45 minutes. One of the dogs got into something last night and was up and down what seemed like a dozen times needing to go out.

If I get my heart pumping at night, I can't go to sleep so, tomorrow am is the soonest. And I am going to make that a priority for sure because I just didnt feel right most of the day. Foggy I guess is a good way to describe it.

Hmmm, excercise goals-- well, QVC has been showing the Total Gym for two days now -DH said last night "let's research this" and by 7 am we were buying one. Our basement has low ceilings so the traditional gyms don't fit. Its the one Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley endorse-
Its easy to get the gym on the weekends but I really need that morning boost in between making lunches,etc.

Anyone else have one?

mauvaisroux
09-30-2002, 10:47 PM
:cp: Way to go Sojo! You did great! :cb:

Ellis-sounds like you are committed to that gym-good for you! :cp:

Belly dance class was a blast! It felt so good to get back into it.
We will be dancing with the zills and getting some stick training this session too, I am so excited :dance:

ellis
10-01-2002, 05:25 AM
Kaylets, that thingy sounds great, but I have no idea what it is. What is it? :D When are you getting it? Bet you can't wait! Don't use it to hang your clothes on.

Mauvais, you're belly dancing again! That's great!

My DH is going to come to the gym with me one day this week. It should be a riot. :cb:

squeaker
10-01-2002, 05:10 PM
:cb: :cb: woo hoo!!!! Rock on all you exercising chickies!!!!

:mouse:squeak

Kaylets
10-02-2002, 07:35 PM
I sure hope this new "Total Gym" doesnt become a clothes rack- but then, come to think of it, I'd still be getting excercise by having to go downstairs to the basement to hang the clothes on it !!:lol: :lol:

Good news is that the morning bike ride and treadmill must be working because yesterday I tried on and bought SIZE 14 pants because THEY FIT!!!!!!!!

Yes, I realize that's not that big a deal to some but to me, its a great improvement from where I started 2 yrs ago- I kept a pair of jeans - they hang outside a closet as a reminder- they're a size 24-Womens --

Guess the hormone thing has the weight hanging tight to the midsection- in years past, legs and hips were last to go- but eventually, it will all balance out!

Until next time! and maybe I'll find the Total Gym website and share.

Wanttolosealot
10-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey Kaylets
Way to go, I yearn for the day to fit into a 14, I am currently in a 24 so I completely understand your accomplishment. That is fantastic! YOu go girl!!!
Just checking in to say I made it to the gym tonight, had a great workout and tried the rower tonight after the treadmill. I like it, cool peice of equipment, work lots of different muscles at the same time.
Headin for the shower girl, have a good night!

Virginia

Sojourner
10-03-2002, 12:29 PM
I just returned from a speedy 5k walk/run (my usual route) and I think for the first time I am actually experiencing that mythical "exercise high"! I didn't think it really existed... but I'm telling you, the endorphins and all the good chemicals are pumping and I feel great... literally almost high! After a month of forcing myself through exercise and dreading every minute of it... I am actually finding myself enjoying it now. I hate to admit it, but exercise does seem to be a real cure to depression. This is a MIRACLE! Plus the scale went down another pound today... WHOO HOO!!

:cb:

ellis
10-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Kaylets, that's a great idea hanging up a big article of clothing. Maybe I'll hang up a big one with a small (future fit) one beside it...

Virginia, we're all very proud of you going to the gym. I love the rowing machine, too. Listen, I just can't picture you as a size 24. Are you sure? You sound much smaller. You sound so together... like you haven't a care in the world. :D

Sojo, I'm so glad you hit that "high"! Isn't it wonderful? I used to run everyday (in the olden days), and I loved that ephoric feeling.

I went to the gym with DH today. We had a great workout together. I showed him all the stuff I've been doing. He was impressed and very supportive and we had a lot of fun. I'm thinking of upgrading my membership to a family pass. I wouldn't always be able to work out at the same time as DH, but even having a "date" there once in a while would be fun.

So I've got in my "3 trips to the gym this week"! :cp:

GO GIRLS!!! :cb:

Sojourner
10-03-2002, 01:41 PM
I am so proud of all the folks here heading to the gym or walking or doing videos or belly dancing or exercising in any way... this is great! :D It is so difficult to get motivated and even more difficult to stay on track. We can do it!

Ruthxxx
10-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Well......my big accomplishment today was being able to tie my walking shoes so there is hope! I am taking Miss Lucy to another Obedience Training series tomorrow and that will have to count as exercise too!
We sure as heck do not have a gym here in Delta but I am checking out the Y in Brockville. Seems a shame to drive 35 mins for a 30 min workout and then drive 35 mins home! There is no frigging way I could do that daily or even 3 times a week in winter. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

ellis
10-03-2002, 05:18 PM
I dunno, Ruth. Once you slap down your money, you feel the urge to go. And once you get there, it's a lot of fun. You won't believe this, but somethings I think I could just spend the day there. There's a little restaurant downstairs. We usually get a coffee and a banana after our one hour workout and then leave, but I usually feel like going back in for another 1/2 hour workout! I think it's addictive. I could be wrong. Don't let me influence you. :D

Kaylets
10-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Hello all!! Thursday is one of my favorite days of the week- almost no matter what happens, its doesn't have as much impact because its so close to the end of the week.

I'm not sure I'd drive that far for long either- money or no money-
Maybe if I was going w/ a friend and even taking a class- I guess riding w/ a friend and chatting both ways would be fun- but winter is tough too-
Maybe a mall is close by ? And if so, maybe there's a walking club? or even in then, in the mall, you can go at your own pace.

I know after my Dad had heart surgery, one of his "perscriptions" was to go to any store every day and walk around the store. Cart was optional -- He now does all the grocery shopping but again, its not where but what we are doing.

Myself, I need convenience and variety- We have a treadmill and bike ( both secondhand) in the basement and the Total Gym arrived today. DH is bowling or it be in the basement already.
So if we're short on time, weather stinks, whatever- . DH and I also try to incorporate a little extra walking in parking lots, stairs instead of elevators, etc. We both still have a long way to being "fit" but are goal is to enjoy the journey- We are currently looking for a yoga and/or tai chi class and I am determined to finally learn how to swim.

I read somewhere that once we remember our bodies evolved to be used we will then celebrate how well we can walk, cycle, etc, etc, the same way we applaud our star atheletes.

I rely on that that " excercise buzz" to jumpstart my morning. Everything seems easier.

And it doesnt take much to get the heart pumping- at least not at the level I'm at!!

Wanttolosealot
10-04-2002, 08:11 AM
I am so proud of everybody. We all seem to be doing something active! Ellis I am right there with you on the addiction thing, if someone would have told me last year that I would have to tell myself it is time to leave the gym, dont overdo it, I would have said them to be crazy. But I get in there working out, and I feel high. I love the rush I get, I love the tightness in my muscles I feel after a good workout. Its great!
And yes I really am a 24 however, some articles of clothing I can get in a 22. I am hoping by Xmas someone will buy me something sexy in a 20. And for the record I am not always bubbly and have it together, but it is getting much better since I am beginning to like myself better. For a long time I did not like myself, but I can honestly say for the most part I do like myself now.
Take care all and TGIF!
Virginia

ellis
10-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Phew! Glad to hear I'm not the only nut addicted to the gym, Virginia. :D To think I've been too intimidated to join all these years...
Send us your address and we'll send you something sexy in a 20 for xmas. ;) You're going to be there in no time!

Kaylets, I know it sounds a bit much driving 30 minutes to the gym. My mom started doing it about 15 years ago, though. It's about a 40 minute drive for her, but she doesn't mind it at all. She just feels so good that she's doing something for herself, so it's not a sacrifice at all. She's 77 now, and she LOVES going. Occasionally in the winter she'll have to miss a session because of the weather, and boy, is she resentful!! :lol:
She meets me at the gym twice a week, and we have a lot of fun together. She's my inspiration... she's in much better shape than I am, and I'm going to be just like her. :yes:
Sounds like you and your DH are having fun getting in shape together. :) You're doing great, girl!

Ruthxxx
10-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Welllllll.......I can't figure this addiction thang! Ellis, I admire your Mum's tenacity but her driving conditions are usually better than mine in the winter. I do know where she lives.

I am going to check out aqua-fit in Brockville, however. I love swimming and think it may help this blasted shoulder problem.

Today I walked an hour with Miss Lucy at Obedience class - starts, stops, circles and stuff but I was moving! I might do my Leslie Sansome tape #1 this afternoon but not if Harry is wanting to watch a frigging baseball game! I need my own TV!

ellis
10-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Don't you just hate these people who push push push, Ruth darling? ;)
Don't they plough the roads out there?
Aqua fit... I wish I could do that. I'm deathly afraid of water.
Hey... great walking, Ruth! Can we keep kicking your butt?
xo

morningglory
10-06-2002, 08:37 AM
I would really like to try belly dancing. That sounds really fun. I try to walk, but with my busy schedual lately it has been very difficult. Work has been killer. I feel very bad about not doing this. I am still new to my lifestyle change and feel bad about not doing so well. I really need to get my act together.
morningglory

katrinabgood
10-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Don't waste your time feeling bad, morningglory... Cut yourself a break. It's hard enough adapting to a new way of eating...just try to sneak in a 10 minute walk. Tell yourself that's all you HAVE to do, and you may be surprised by the fact that you'll WANT to do more. Once you get started, it's a great feeling! Anything that you can do is better than nothing!

I am getting my money's worth out of my gym membership lately. Yesterday, I didn't get over there though, so I pulled ol' Billy Blanks off the shelf and did TaeBo for 1/2 hour. I forgot how much I like that!

ellis
10-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Gee Kat, imagine that. Last night I lay on my bed and watched an hour of Billy Blanks. :lol: Going to the gym tomorrow...

Kat's right, morningglory... you can definitely squeeze in a ten minute walk, and before you know it you'll be craving more. (hard to believe, I know...)

Wanttolosealot
10-06-2002, 07:27 PM
I got to the gym this afternoon. I had'nt been there in three days, so it really felt good to work out and sweat. I will try and get there tomorrow too. Sometimes it is hard as hubby has things he needs to do as well,. but fortunately my gym is open from 5am to 12 midnight,so I should be able to get there sometime.
Virginia:)

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Sounds like you are all doing really well with you fitness plans! :cp:

Morning glory-I highly recommend bellydancing, it is so much fun!
You don't need special equipment or exercise wear for it and once you get started you can pick up some middle eastern cd's and do it at home.

I am going to start pilates this week, just the basics to get myself started.

ellis
10-06-2002, 08:13 PM
Midnight, Virginia! That's wonderful!

Mauvais, have fun with the pilates! I've never tried them, but I'd like to at some point. You go, girl!!!

Ruthxxx
10-07-2002, 05:50 AM
Well, I walked everywhere yesterday: to Church and back, to the Office and back, to the grocery store and back. The dogs are happy and I am starting to enjoy it.
Now, we will see what today brings.

Wanttolosealot
10-07-2002, 06:50 AM
Way to go Ruth. MOve that body! Soon you will be craving the exercise.
Virginia

ellis
10-07-2002, 07:47 AM
Ruth, that's great!!!
Keep it up!!!

:dance: :cp: :rain: :cb:

Ruthxxx
10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
But I sure as heck ain't joinin' no durn gym!

ellis
10-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Fine. Be that way.

Sojourner
10-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I am back from another walk/run... my usual route which is around 3 miles. I think I am up to running about 2/3 of a mile. I probably could have run a whole mile but I am trying to pace myself. My goal of running a mile (of a 5k) by the end of the month isn't too far away. I will do it!

(that is me running a mile...)

Wanttolosealot
10-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Sojo- WOw, you are really doing great girl! I can only run for about 40 seconds to a minute now at a time, but I am increasing the number of times in my 20 minute walk that I actually run. It does feel great to even make those little accomplishments, so you are really doing well.
Keep up the great work, you will soon be a lean , mean(not really), running machine.
Virginia

Sojourner
10-07-2002, 09:39 PM
I just read about a method to help increase your tolerance for running... alternating walking and running. For example, walk 5 minutes, run 1 minute,and repeat throughout the entire time. Evenutally you increase the running minutes and it gets easier and easier.... like walk 5 run 5 and walk 5 run 10. You get the picture. The shorter times make it manageable and increases your aerobic capacity. So even if you can only run a minute this would work!

Wanttolosealot
10-08-2002, 06:28 AM
I will give it a try thanks!
Virginia

ellis
10-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Oh... Sojo I wondered about that... thanks for the info. I've seen big girls doing that at the gym, and I keep thinking, "Well if they can do it, why can't I?"
I'm going to try it in a couple of weeks. When my heel spur stops acting up. ouch.

katrinabgood
10-08-2002, 01:27 PM
ellis...too bad WATCHING him doesn't burn as many calories!

Today is my 7th DAY in a row, of exercise!
Can't weigh for weigh in tomorrow...

Wanttolosealot
10-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Just got back from the gym. Had a good workout. Tonight is TOPS, so I wll see if my weekend slurging totally screwed me up. However, I am building muscle too, and of course muscle weighs heavier than fat, so who knows.
Virginia

Sojourner
10-10-2002, 01:57 PM
I just did my new Pilates video and that thing kicked my as:censored: ! Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the 60 minute tape. This is my first time trying Pilates and it was more difficult than expected... manageable but definitely a work out! I can see how Pilates can whip those muscles into shape! Now I have discovered several new muscles in my mid-section.

On a happy note... I am down 1 1/2 pounds so far this week! Now I just need to stay focused through the weekend...

mooz49
10-10-2002, 02:56 PM
You gals are doing great with the exercise so I though you might like to read all about the benefits. I walk and do linedancing myself but feel that I should be doing more.

50 Reasons to Exercise

by Monica Neave

1. Burn calories
2. Increase your metabolism
3. Lose weight
4. Lower your body fat
5. Lower your bmi
6. Prevent weight gain
7. Build muscle & get stronger
8. Increase endurance & stamina
9. Feel energized
10. Increase self-esteem and confidence
11. Feel & look healthy
12. Look younger
13. Burn your fat clothes
14. No more starving yourself
15. Enjoy all types of food without gaining weight
16. Improve circulation
17. Relieve stress
18. Reduce anxiety levels
19. Alleviate depression
20. Prevent injuries
21. Reduce low-back pain
22. Strengthen joints
23. Alleviate or prevent migraine headaches
24. Alleviate or reduce pms
25. Improve immune system
26. Sleep better
27. Improve balance & coordination
28. Improve posture
29. Increase or maintain flexibility
30. Lower resting heart rate (gives your heart a break)
31. Lower or control blood pressure
32. Reduce total cholesterol
33. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides
34. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease
36. Reduce the risk of cancer
37. Reduce the risk of stroke
38. Reduce the risk of colon cancer
39. Reduce the risk of breast cancer
40. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes)
41. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
42. Live a longer and better quality life
43. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
44. Quit smoking with less trouble
45. Live an independent lifestyle as you age
46. Increase your pain threshold
47. Feel the rush of endorphins
48. Participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem
49. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like
50. Get complimented on a regular basis

ellis
10-10-2002, 06:51 PM
went to the gym today with DH. He wanted to spend extra time doing some weights, so I decided go back on the treadmill for another 10 minutes. I RAN FOR 8 MINUTES!!! I'm so proud of myself!

mauvaisroux
10-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the inspiration Mooz! :)

Ellis-way to go! :cb:

I was at Walmart on Tuesday and bought a Pilates tape. It has 3 different workouts on it. The first one is for 10 minutes. You can do only one or all three if you want. I thought this would be a good way to get started especially since I want to work out in the mornings and don't have time for a full hour workout.
Wish me luck! :D

ellis
10-11-2002, 06:53 AM
Yay Mauvais!! Get to it, hon! You can do it!
I think 10 minute bites of exercise are the best!

Wanttolosealot
10-11-2002, 07:47 AM
Ellis, running for 8 minutes! Wow, you go girl! I can run for two or three intervals of 1 to 1 1/2 minutes now. But 8 wow!
Virginia

ellis
10-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Virginia, I KNEW you'd appreciate that! Thank you. bow.
Actually, I was going to tell you, sweetie... I was so inspired by you doing it!!
I didn't run very fast, but it felt great. We're going to be babes, Virginia. :D

Speaking of babes, where the heck is that little Dentrassi? Are you walking and crunching, hon?

Sojourner
10-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Way to go on the running Ellis and Virginia! I have to get my bootie back out there one more time this week. My abs are sore this morning from that Pilates video. Three exercise sessions for the week down... one more to go to reach my goal of four.

ellis
10-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Sore abs... don't they feel great, Sojo!? Keep it up, girl!!

Wanttolosealot
10-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Ellis, you are da bomb baby! Keep it up you are doing so great, and your whole attitude seems to have changed. You sound great!
On this Thanksgiving, of course I am thankful for the usual and very important aspects of my life , like my hubby, kids , family, friends and my health, but I am also thankful for all of you.
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
Virginia

Kaylets
10-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Hello all!

Look out world!! There's no stopping this group!

Isn't it great how fast you progress even when its in small steps?? Gives a whole to meaning the expression "The hardest step is the first one"
Everyone is really moving along so well that I feel as though its made it easier for me, " I'm catching your draft" as they say in car racing. Perhaps I can return the favor later.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celeberating Monday. Here in the states, we celebrate in November- Makes me curious, did we borrow the holiday or ....???

We had almost 3 days of wonderful rain-- we are still on drought restrictions but at least everything is green again. So far have just putzed around enjoying that rainy Saturday feeling. But now that I'm so motivated, I'm going to go finish the book I'm reading ( Lake News - Barbara Delinsky) on the stationery bike.

This am showed a 1lb loss - hoping the "Total Gym" motivated that plateau I've been on the past 3 weeks- Hope that 1lb stays lost!!

Thanks for the 50 reason list!! I plan on posting it on the fridge--
May borrow that list to post on some other threads too!!

Take care all!!

Wanttolosealot
10-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi all, can someone please tell me about Pilates! What is it, does it hurt, I have no idea!??
Virginia

mooz49
10-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Hi all - good to see that everyone is doing great.

Kaylets - I don't mind if you borrow the list as I borrowed it from the internet somewhere too. The more chicks that it helps the better.

Here is some more:

Ten Top Tips To Tip The Scales Your Way

By Moss Greene ©2002
CREATE YOUR OWN VIRTUAL REALITY.
Do you think of yourself as fit or fat? If your answer is fat, anything you try to do to change that will be a futile struggle. Learn to imagine yourself as slender, fit and energetic. When the “fit” vision dominates your thoughts, you will easily start to become what you imagine.

EAT NUTRITIOUS WHOLE FOODS.
Permanently changing the way you eat to a healthy diet of low fat protein, fresh fruits and vegetables and 100% whole grains is the best way to reach and maintain your optimum weight. Add natural whole food nutritional supplements and you’re on your way to slender, buoyant, vibrant good health.

ELIMINATE HIGH GLYCEMIC FOODS.
Processed grains, sugar and other carbohydrates that cause a high glycemic response are the biggest saboteurs of your weight management plans. The resulting insulin release causes you to store fat and crave sugars. Follow my Glycemic Response Guidelines for the best results.

DRINK PLENTY OF PURE LIQUIDS.
Clean water is the perfect drink. Eight glasses a day is a good basic guideline and helps you to feel full. If you want something sweet to drink, you can always add several drops of liquid stevia (a sweet tasting non-caloric herbal extract) to either herb tea or lemon water.

MOVE YOUR BODY. BUILD MUSCLE.
Exercise and a good lean muscle to fat ratio helps to keep your metabolism working optimally. It also benefits your bones, heart and your whole body. So move it as much as possible. Walk, garden, ride your bike, climb stairs or pump some iron. Exercise, or just be active in any way you can that makes you feel good.

INCREASE HIGH FIBER FOODS.
Besides being good for your intestines, your heart and for protecting you from certain kinds of cancers, fiber also makes you feel full and satisfied. If you need more than you’re getting in your diet, try adding a daily fiber drink of unsweetened psyllium and mixed nutritional fibers.

CUT OUT BAD FATS, ADD GOOD ONES.
High levels of saturated fats, processed vegetable oils and trans-fatty acids, are bad for your health. Plus, they add empty calories to your diet. Stick with small amounts of organic butter for cooking, virgin olive oil for salads and eat more fish and whole grains for the good quality omega-3 and omega-6 oils.

ENJOY DOING IT YOUR WAY.
Studies show that most of the people who are successful with weight management adjust whatever plan they are using to suit themselves. If your program says have 5 meals a day, but 4 suits you better, then do what works for you and what makes you happy.

HAVE A SIMPLE ORGANIZED PLAN.
When you find out what works for you, work your plan. Find recipes you like. Have healthy foods available at all times. When you go to a restaurant, take your favorite salad dressing and fruit along for dessert. Stay on top of your program.

FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON.
Guilt, self-pity and irritation have no useful value. When you stray from your plan, don’t waste any time feeling bad. Talk yourself into feeling positive about your action instead of negative. Then get right back on purpose. Remember, you deserve to be fit, trim and healthy.

mauvaisroux
10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info Mooz!

Well I walked a lot this past week and went to dance class so I think I did okay.

Virginia-pilates is a program of stretches designed to tone and elongate your body. I don't know that much about it as I am just starting out.

Ellis-I found my quote again so I am no longer posting naked :lol:
well not that you can all see me but I swear I am wearing my leopard print pjs;)

mooz49
10-14-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi gals.
Mauvaisroux - what sort of dancing do you do? I go linedancing twice a week and it is great fun. Pilates sounds good.

Anne

Ruthxxx
10-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Well, yesterday I walked for an hour - half an hour in the pouring rain. Duh! Am going to do it again today but in dry weather.

Wildfire
10-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Kaylets, I followed this link yesterday from msn, thought you might like to read it.

http://www.historytelevision.ca/monthlyFeatures/thanksgiving/

ellis
10-14-2002, 09:03 AM
That's better, Mauvais. I was sick of seeing you naked. :D

The last two days I have stood on my feet for a total of about 20 hours baking pies and other assorted damage. That's gotta be good for SOMETHING!
Tomorrow I'm going to the gym with DH.

mauvaisroux
10-14-2002, 09:57 PM
Mooz-
I have been taking belly dance lessons for almost two years now. I actually performed in public with my group last December- it was fun but really nerve racking! I had never done anything like that before but I bit the bullet and did it. I was very proud of myself for getting up the guts to do it. I am usually shy and self-conscious about getting up in front of people and performing or doing any public speaking.

ellis
10-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Just got back from the gym. I can barely walk. As well as the usual, I ran for two, 8-minute sessions on the treadmill. I feel good and bad all at the same time.

Wanttolosealot
10-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Ellis you are my hero hun! You are doing so well. I went to the gym this afternoon, and my little cutie pie workout partner called and wants me to go to the gym with her tonight, so I think I will just work on my cardio and maybe a few more leg presses tonight. I love going , once I get there I do not want to leave.
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Way to go Ellis:cp: You are doing great, keep up the good work!:D

I snuck in an extra walk today as I had to go to the Courthouse to pick up some stuff for work. It was beautiful out and I had a great view of the canal while walking. Then I cut through the park and got to admire all the fall foliage. Walking on the grass and feeling the crunch of leaves under my feet reminded me of being a kid and playing in the leaves :)

Sojourner
10-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Way to go Ellis! That is outstanding progress!

I must confess that I haven't exercised in several days. :( Sigh... I don't understand why I won't make healthier choices everyday. Guess I need to change that today.

Ruthxxx
10-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Raining here all day so I did not get out for "walkies". Tomorrow?

mauvaisroux
10-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Today I got in an extra 20 minute walk on top of my usual two 25 minute walks:D

ellis
10-17-2002, 05:31 AM
Thank you, Virginia and Mauvais. bow.
You're both doing great as well!! Keep it up!! :cb:

Went to the gym again yesterday. Only ran a total of 11 minutes (first time is always the easiest), but I'm very happy with that. And I've started doing squats with the weights.... hoping to get rid of some of the smoosh on my thighs. It's got to start going soon... my thighs are KILLING me!! ... must stop eating so much, though...

Wanttolosealot
10-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Ellis, Let me know how you make out with the squats. Thats funny because I was just saying to a friend last night that I need to start doing some squats too. Well, gotta get ready for work, Take care and will chat later,
Virginia

ellis
10-17-2002, 07:32 AM
Virginia, I'm using this weight thingy at the gym for the squats. It's got the bar on a big stand thingy. There's a padded thingy for your shoulders, and you sort of stand under the barbell, stand up with it on your shoulders (releasing the clips on the barbell), and then you squat. It's perfect because your form remains in the proper postition because the barbell is enclosed in the stand. It sounds terribly confusing the way I've described it, but your gym probably has something similar. I'm only putting 10kg on each side of the barbell right now. It's enough just to squat. My aching thighs.... :(

Sojourner
10-17-2002, 01:46 PM
It sounds like you are describing a "Smith machine". Usually they are in the room with the big weights and the bulky men.:rolleyes: My husband is one of those crazy weight lifting men and has taught me how to use all of those machines along with the free weights. You will see fast results doing squats on the Smith machine... plus it is much safer. A couple other great exercises are doing lunges while holding hand weights (mega leg workout) or doing dead lifts with a straight bar (back and some hamstrings). Have fun hitting the weights!

ellis
10-17-2002, 02:37 PM
That's it, Sojo! At our gym, there are several weight rooms. The one we use is less used than the one I call, "The BIGBOY Room". :D
Yes, the lunge thingys are great, too. I'd forgotten about that one... thank you...

Wanttolosealot
10-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Thank you ladies, I will check it out very soon as I am getting ready to head to the gym now.
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-17-2002, 07:26 PM
I managed to go for a 30 minute walk after supper :)

Kaylets
10-17-2002, 09:13 PM
I am OFF TRACK!!

Tuesday and Wednesday was so tired when I woke up, I stayed in bed an extra 45 minutes-- no bike, nothing. Then, Tuesday evening, TOM arrived ( Guess I should have seen that coming)-- so tired and a few zits -- but, then again, first TOM in about 2 mos, I didnt know when I TOM would show up again.

soooo, you do what you can, and that's that.

Wildfire, thanks for the link -- some of the promos for upcoming shows looked really interesting but I couldnt find anything about Thanksgiving- They do a "this day in history" -- maybe I missed it?
And Wildfire, didnt we meet on some other threads ?? Great to see you again!!

Time to get tomorrow's work clothes ready--- Take care all!!

katrinabgood
10-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I have been exercising like crazy! I try to get to Curves everyday, if not, it has been 5 days a week. I've also been back to the gym quite a bit, aquacize classes mostly...It feels real good and I have lost 8lbs in the last 2 weeks!

Sojourner
10-18-2002, 12:02 PM
still........ haven't............exercised.............

Someone please drag me off my butt and get me moving.

Wow Kat... eight pounds in two weeks!?! That's amazing. I'm still trying to lose eight pounds all together.

mauvaisroux
10-18-2002, 12:48 PM
What exactly is curves and do they have in Canada?

mauvaisroux
10-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Saturday am-went to dance class and had an blast. We danced for an 1 1/2 hours and did several songs in which we danced with veils and sweated our butts off. My arms are killing me today :lol:

Kaylets
10-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Wow- I wouldnt have lasted 30 minutes of belly dancing-

I need to get back on track after taking nearly the whole week off-

I'm ready- two new books for the stationary bike and DH 's been keeping the Total Gym warm!

ellis
10-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Went to the gym this morning. Could only run for 6 minutes total.
I met a babe of a trainer there who reminded me that the weight I've gained is most likely muscle. Which made me feel a LITTLE better, but I've got to get my act together this week with regards to eating.

Congrats to all you exercising girls, and for those of you who are stuck, GET YOUR BUTTS IN GEAR!!! :drill:

Kaylets
10-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Hello all!!

Twice this week so far, back on the Total Gym- really feels good-

Here in the US we change time - in the fall, the clocks go back an hour.... its my favorite- you wake up at your regular time and your awake an hour early--!! Its great. Of course, you do adjust quickly but it does make a big difference for me.

We are so glad the "sniper" has been caught- two men -- in a blue car- Someone saw a white truck the first time, but there's so many trucks-- I'm sure there were white trucks each time--

Just makes you wonder, what was going on in their minds.

anyway-- enough of my ramblings-

hope everyone is doing well-

Take care :genie:

Wanttolosealot
10-24-2002, 09:18 PM
yes what a relief they finally captured them. SO many innocent lives lost. Very sad!
Virginia

Wanttolosealot
10-25-2002, 08:28 PM
Went to the gym tonight and was able to run for over 2 minutes out of 20 on the treadmill. Have I would like to slowly but surely increase this. Who knows maybe next fall I will be able to run a 5k like Sojo. I have also increased my weights for a heavier workout. I am feeling stronger every day.
Virginia

ellis
10-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Good for you, Virginia!!
I went to the gym this morning. Worked out for my usual hour. I've set 5 minutes as my minimum "run time". Today I ran for 9 minutes straight, then another 1-1/2 minutes after a walking break.
If I could only eat properly like Virginia. :(

Wanttolosealot
10-26-2002, 03:51 PM
Went to the gym around 3pm today. Worked my back, and shoulders. 10 minutes on crosstrainer and 10 on rower. Rower works all your muscles too. Feels good.
Virginia

Kaylets
10-27-2002, 08:19 AM
One of my favorite days of the year! I love this Standard Time Change!! In the fall, you wake up feeling rested and the clock says you still have an hour till you have to get up!! - Have done a load of dishes and laundry, been to the grocery store,( and parked far away!) ate breakfast w/ DH- posted to some family and friends, carried out the trash....! Is there anyone on the planet who(m) I've missed?? :lol:

Just got the word from QVC that our third Total Gym Instructional tape which was on backorder will be here shortly. I'm excited because there are more "pilates" type moves and I've been curious about Pilates for awhile. Thursday did "Day 3" of the tape we already have and would have been lost if DH wasnt there to lend a hand to help me turn, etc- My balance is way off kilter yet -- I'm sure next time will be much smoother-

Running !! I am inspired! But may I ask what type of Undergarment you're wearing? I sometimes ache just going up and down stairs if I'm not wearing a good bra--Even 2 minutes sounds like it might hurt.

Till next time!

:genie:

ellis
10-27-2002, 08:33 AM
Kaylets, I'm glad you're having a good day. :)
I wear a really good sports bra. I'm not very big in the chest, but it can still really hurt if I'm not wearing "my one good bra". It's got a lot of support and "non-movement" in it.
I HAVE heard of some larger women wearing two sports bras at the same time...

katrinabgood
10-27-2002, 11:04 AM
I took a Kickboxing class at the gym. Never took it at this gym, but I have taken it before. I'm sure the instructor took one look at me and thought..."Uh oh...hope my CPR skills are up to snuff!" She did come over and ask me if I had any experience with this, I assured her that I did. She stressed the vigorous nature of the workout and told me that I could modify the moves to suit my own level of fitness. Okay, honey...thanks! I think that she was very surprised at how well I could keep up. Don't judge a (BIG) book by it's cover! What a great workout, though...I was pouring sweat, but not in a bad way. No CPR necessary!

ellis
10-27-2002, 11:18 AM
Kat, good for you! That damned instructor...
:wave:

Kaylets
10-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Doesn't that instructer know who she's dealing with? Did she get bumped on the head?

:lol: :lol:

You know how everybody's afraid of getting sued---

I guess its understandable, but you showed them!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!

And you kept your cool too!

Wanttolosealot
10-27-2002, 05:12 PM
WaY TO GO Katrinabgood,
You showed that _____________ instructor! Even us fat chicks can move(speaking of myself). I had an awesome leg workout today. I feel good, and I knew that I should. I feel nice like sugar and spice. Sorry did not mean to sing to you.
Way to go everyone, Love and hugs to all
Virginia

flower
10-30-2002, 12:58 PM
I walked a 1/2 hour. Brrr... it was cold. But by the time I reached back to the house my pits were all wet, and off went my grumpy sweatshirt. My cheeks and legs are still cold but I can feel all the blood whooshing around. Tomorrow here I come!

ellis
10-30-2002, 01:11 PM
Flower, good for you!!! :cb:
Don't catch a cold...

Sojourner
10-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Well, even though I haven't exercised for the last couple of weeks, I still met my goal. Today I did my 5k route and I ran one mile of it... ok, jogged one mile of it very slowly but I did it! So now by the end of November I want to run two miles, and then the end of the year run 3 miles (5k). Have to get back on track with exercising starting today! :D

flower
10-31-2002, 08:06 PM
I didn't walk but I did plant 6 dozen flower bulbs in 35 degree weather. I then tripped over the curb and skinned my knee. So no walk. But I pulled weeds for an hour instead. Progress!

mauvaisroux
11-01-2002, 03:32 PM
This thread is now closed. Please post on the Exercise support thread titled Moving Our Booties in November :)