Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/271.5/171

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy sad first week

I'm sad I finished my first official week yesterday and lost only 3 pounds, and I have a lot of weight to lose. I don't understand. On the preconditioning (5days) I lost a lot more. I'm almost to 10 but I'm still disappointed with the results with the plan. I thought once you started the HNS drinks it went a lot FASTER, not slower. I'm hoping it has something to do with me being on my period right now?? Any suggestions? I'm doing 3 HNS, vitamins, mc6, and the oil pills.
brittleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #2  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

Three pounds is still a great loss - nothing to be disappointed with there! I average 3 to 3.5 lbs a week, so I would most definitely be happy with a 3 lb loss.

You may want to do another HNS a day, and yes, when it's that time of the month you can easily retain too.

Last edited by PinkTiara22; 04-17-2010 at 08:24 PM.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

You have lost almost 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks!!! That is fantastic.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I don't think you could possibly lose anymore weight in that time frame without there being something wrong. That is a great loss.. Remember it took time to put the weight on and it will take time to get it back off. Don't worry you are doing really good!

Cheers
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #5  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Nice Loss -- You are absolutely off to a wonderful start! As for hns, I don't know what plan you are on, but max out on the hns. If you can have 5 per day, have 5!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 04-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittleleaf View Post
I'm sad I finished my first official week yesterday and lost only 3 pounds, and I have a lot of weight to lose. I don't understand. On the preconditioning (5days) I lost a lot more. I'm almost to 10 but I'm still disappointed with the results with the plan. I thought once you started the HNS drinks it went a lot FASTER, not slower. I'm hoping it has something to do with me being on my period right now?? Any suggestions? I'm doing 3 HNS, vitamins, mc6, and the oil pills.
Dont be sad on the blue menu it is a stablization menu also called days five through ten. You should now be on the green menu also called day eleven which is the one you will stay on throughout the program. You will start to see a weightloss now. When you reach a plateau where you are not losing are you stay at the same weight for more than three days then follow the directions I have given others below. Do not use the blue menu again when you hit a plateau. Hope this helps you.

WHEN NOT LOSING.. HIT A PLATEAU..THINGS METABOLIC WONT TELL YOU....
What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info
angel35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel35 View Post
Dont be sad on the blue menu it is a stablization menu also called days five through ten. You should now be on the green menu also called day eleven which is the one you will stay on throughout the program. You will start to see a weightloss now. When you reach a plateau where you are not losing are you stay at the same weight for more than three days then follow the directions I have given others below. Do not use the blue menu again when you hit a plateau. Hope this helps you.

WHEN NOT LOSING.. HIT A PLATEAU..THINGS METABOLIC WONT TELL YOU....
What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info
I am not trying to be b_tc_y however, the blue menu is not a stabilization menu it is the second plan after 4 days on the yellow menu followed by the green menu. The gradual process through yellow, blue and green are to help the body adjust to the diet. I have done MRC for 3 years on and off and I have never been told to add more protein to my meal to have a 4 pound weight loss as you are suggesting...I know you have stated MRC wont tell us this, but please when giving very direct advice (not opinion or person experience) do back it up...Thanks

Last edited by GWE140; 04-19-2010 at 07:24 PM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #8  

I have a quick question. They say max out HNS at 5, but I'm on metaslim plus level 3 and i'm supposed to have 6 a day. Is this right? or should I just be having 5?
MissCafren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCafren View Post
I have a quick question. They say max out HNS at 5, but I'm on metaslim plus level 3 and i'm supposed to have 6 a day. Is this right? or should I just be having 5?
You should do exactly what your center tells you...as you are under contract with them and the plan they have you on is for you and your needs. If you have questions just ask one of the counselors for clarification... Good luck.

Last edited by GWE140; 04-19-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default bitterness expressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I am not trying to be b_tc_y however, the blue menu is not a stabilization menu it is the second plan after 4 days on the yellow menu followed by the green menu. The gradual process through yellow, blue and green are to help the body adjust to the diet. I have done MRC for 3 years on and off and I have never been told to add more protein to my meal to have a 4 pound weight loss as you are suggesting...I know you have stated MRC wont tell us this, but please when giving very direct advice (not opinion or person experience) do back it up...Thanks

GWE, Thanks for this response to Angel. I requested a source on this information from angel, but was told a very bitter story about how she and her sister were ripped off and that she knew who I was. Odd. Anyway, it is on the WEIGHT LOSS SLOWED WAY DOWN ON THE GREEN MENU thread if you care to check it out. I have also pasted it in below. --Joy2MeNu

Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu
I am just wondering where you come by this information. Not disputing it, but curious. If MRC doesn't provide this info, what is the source?

Angel's Response:
I know who you are....Do you enjoy working there? Oh by the way I was told that The Metabolic Research Center was Physicians Bariatric previously. Which by the way ripped me off in Indianpolis Indiana before. As matter of fact they took my money and my sisters money then locked there doors. Although my sister lives in Greenwod and signed up there. I also know there APPARENT NAME CASH COW MGT INC. which indicates we/people are looked at as cows.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 04-20-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
I'm curious to hear what you were expecting. Partially because I'm curious what your center told you to expect. The preconditioning weight is mostly water - but 3 lbs in your first week is great. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there. I saw that you posted on my thread about being discouraged - thanks for the support! Let's celebrate our accomplishment instead of being sad.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
3 pounds is great!! You may have some weeks you lose more and some less but they told us you'd lose about 3 a week.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
GWE, Thanks for this response to Angel. I requested a source on this information from angel, but was told a very bitter story about how she and her sister were ripped off and that she knew who I was. Odd. Anyway, it is on the WEIGHT LOSS SLOWED WAY DOWN ON THE GREEN MENU thread if you care to check it out. I have also pasted it in below. --Joy2MeNu

Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu
I am just wondering where you come by this information. Not disputing it, but curious. If MRC doesn't provide this info, what is the source?

Angel's Response:
I know who you are....Do you enjoy working there? Oh by the way I was told that The Metabolic Research Center was Physicians Bariatric previously. Which by the way ripped me off in Indianpolis Indiana before. As matter of fact they took my money and my sisters money then locked there doors. Although my sister lives in Greenwod and signed up there. I also know there APPARENT NAME CASH COW MGT INC. which indicates we/people are looked at as cows.
Joy2MeNu...very WEIRD response from Angel...anyway...3FC is a great site with lots of resources, advice and support for us all on MRC, some of us here have been "old timers" on MRC and others "newbies" it is great to learn how others succeed through the program...but advice that is absolutely incorrect is just not ok in my book.