Old 04-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Question he really into me? I have been avoiding going to the gym because of him.

WARNING : VERY LONG STORY

I been going to the gym and normally I just get scanned in by the person in the gym. I never noticed the guy that scanned me in. It's probably been like one or two months now that I notice he has been giving me strong eye contact when I catch his eyes on me he keeps them locked but doesn’t smile at me he just keeps staring and I assume he stops staring once I walk directly pass him.

On his off days he works out and his eyes gazes upon me and I caught that about twice now. When his eyes meets mines I just try to ignore his stare and look away or pretend to drink from my water bottle as I walk pass him just to avoid the eye contact. I really had no interest in him till I have been noticing him staring at me and not letting his eyes drift off to something off when his eyes meets mines.

My interest now is to try to figure out if he likes me or not. What is so funny is that I ran into him at the store yesterday or he ran into me. I was shopping
around and he walked past me and I knew he did not need anything in my aisle cause he just walk past And it's a small store so maybe he saw me in that aisle and just wanted to walk past me and when he knew i saw him he said oh hey! We talked for a brief second and he told me how I always work on cardio either bike or in the pool for really long and he said he is going to work out tonight and I said ok I might see you there then. As he left he later said “hey maybe you can buy me something and give it to me then” I just laughed and said sure. I was shocked to see him at the store. I really honestly had no interest in him (basically I didn’t even knew he existed) till I notice he has been locking his eye on me when I walk past him. I didn’t even end up going to the gym I am trying to avoid him now cause I do not know what to say to him when I see him again btw I am extremely shy that is why I been avoiding his eye contact with me

Last edited by cheerios; 04-17-2010 at 09:18 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #2  
I will make time!!!

Oh I'm sorry, I can relate in a way. I say try to be stronger go to the gym, and if he is staring at you in a non-creepy way just wave and say hi. I think oviously he is into you alot. Just go and focus on your work out don't let a guy mess you your goals! I know it's hard, and I can relate again, but if it were me I wouldn't let even shyness stop me. And if he is bugging you let him know. You should ask him if he likes you, he should say it if he does, maybe he is scared, but you should just ask so you know already, you know? Hope that helps. and don't worry about it, he's not worth stressing out over.

Last edited by SnowWolf; 04-17-2010 at 11:12 AM.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I wouldn't ask him if he likes you. That puts him on the spot. Just keep on doing what you are doing, go to the gym work out, say hi to him. Just be yourself. If he likes you he will let you know.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think he likes you. But the important question is do you like him? You don't have to take just anyone who flirts with you. I mean, you don't sound like you're into him, but I may be wrong about that.

If you're not interested, just be polite. If you are, just smile back and make eye contact.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #5  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

You are all so much nicer than I am. My first thought was "Creep!" and if it were me I would have snapped and asked "WHAT?" already, lol.

Sounds like he's interested in you but if it's making you uncomfortable (I mean, you said you've been avoiding the gym!) why not just ask him?
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #6  

He sounds creepy. Maybe he just doesn't know how to let you know he's into you. If you like him, say hi and smile to make him more comfortable approaching you. Otherwise just go about your routine and don't let him stop you from doing what you want to do. He's not worth changing your life around just to avoid him.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #7  

i don't want to ask him and put him on the spot and make a situation between us weird even though i really want to know. Now when he works at the front desk and if I walk in I just don't know what to say to him usually its just "hey" and "how are you" then I head to my workout. I'm not sure if I like him he has just been on my mind. I kind of hate that I have found out he has been looking at me though because when I see him I have to try to act normal to not let him know that I notice much of his stares.

-Btw he doesn't come off creepy even though he stares it's like an innocent stare
Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Unless he is making you uncomfortable then i would take it as a compliment..

Perhaps he is intimidated by you... thats why he stares lol
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Crazy, I've been in a similar situation but in the opposite role. I work at a pool and there's this cute swimmer who comes in regularly that I've developed a crush on. I'm pretty shy myself and for like a year, whenever he came in, I'd only ever say hi and bye. I finally got the guts to start having conversations with him, but I still don't know him very well, don't know if he's single and can't tell if he's interested in me, so I would never come right out and ask him out or anything. I think it would just create an awkward situation all around. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable going to the gym. You're going there for you, to work out. And he works there, so confronting him would make it uncomfortable for him too.

My point is, keep going to the gym to do your thing, and if you want to figure out if he likes you, just start talking to him in a friendly way. If you notice him staring at you and your eyes catch, send him a friendly smile. It seems to me, either he's a strange dude for staring so hard, or he likes you but is intimidated/shy.

Personally, I've been trying to work on my shyness, and I find it so much easier to chat up guys I'm not interested in. So, if you're not attracted to him, it might be a good opportunity for you to practice flirting Unless of course he gives you creepy vibes in any way, then just keep it strictly business and hopefully he'll take a hint. And if you're unsure whether or not you like him, well, talking to him and getting to know him will definitely help you figure that out.
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #10  

Thanks for the replies girls! I'm glad I can come to you guys to tell you about the situation I am in and you guys offered me some good advice. I will go to the gym today and if he is there I'll fill you guys in with what happens.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #11  
I love trails!

S/C/G: 225/224/140

Height: 5'7"

If I were you I would just smile and say hello the next time you see him at the gym. Maybe he likes you or maybe he is a creep, but either way the best way to find out is to open the lines of communication.
Snuggler888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #12  

I know..I'll try talking to him, but I'm not good at keeping conversations going
Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #13  
I will make time!!!

Try to relaxe and not over think, maybe try to talk to him as if he was a friend of yours so it's not wierd and you'll come off calm, cool, and collected. Hope that helps.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #14  

Ok lol as I was walking into the gym he was walking in at the same time as me! Coincidence or what? As we walked in he said "hey, so you didn't get me anything at that store? Maybe that water bottle your holding is for me, but seems like you drank out of it" I laughed and said oh no..i forgot and I was closer to teh door so i opened it expecting him to go in first and he was like "oh no..no no you go in first" so i just went in and scanned in and left him behind me lol i know i think back that was wrong i should of said something maybe like oh..have a good workout before i went to find a machine. Geez and i will see him tommorow and he is working at the front desk how do i talk to him now since i left him hanging and just headed to my workout?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #15  
I will make time!!!

hmm, that's a tuff spot alright. Maybe just act like you didn't do anything wrong? I don't know. Good luck though! Just focus on your workout.