Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Feeling bingy so I'm starting this thread instead!

Oh man what a day. I probably burned a kabillion calories but that's no excuse to blow it all on junk food!

To think I started a thread about not being hungry a couple nights ago .

My 2 year old and I went in to Tokyo today because she had some modeling Go-Sees. We rode the train... Standing room only for over an hour each way. Four station changes with lots of walking several stations with no elevators so I had to carry DD and her stroller (all 60 lbs of kid and stroller and stuff) up long narrow stairways... Jeeze, I'm wondering how many calories I did burn?

Anyway... I was stupid and only had some lunch meat and laughing cow cheese before we left this morning. I was too busy all day to eat again and stopped to feed Autumn but didn't get anything for myself. It's easier for her to eat riding than it is for me to eat pushing!

On the way to the last train Godiva called my name and I ordered a small strawberry or something other drink. I only drank half of it because it tasted too sweet and rich... It was just too much. I was proud of myself for tossing it but kinda kicking myself for getting it in the first place. Oh well, lesson learned. I was craving strawberry and it didn't hit the spot.

I came home and ate some brocolli and a couple steamed buns but now I want easter candy... ick.

I should just go to the market and get some more strawberries instead but I'm so tired!!

So there it is... at least I kept my hands/mind occupied long enough to stay out of the Easter stash.

What are you struggling with right now?
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm always pleasantly surprised at how many calories I burn just by moving about. I'm a check-out runner at my work, and in 4 hours I'll have done 11,000 steps and 500 calories.

You're lucky you had a fruit option available to you when you were hungry. Frequently, whenever I'm hungry, all there is is chocolate... EVERYWHERE.

My struggle just now is boredom eating. I'm writing my dissertation (9,000 of 10,000 words now, HURRAY) and I can't sit still. I just want to eat and eat and eat. My new trick for now is replacing snacking with drinking tea.

I made the banana ice-cream that was mentioned in another thread last night (procrastination, again) and it was actually very nice. My BF had left a small scraping of peanut butter in the jar however, but it was still pretty good.

UGH back to work.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Val - first of all - CONGRATS on making this thread rather than binging.

I had a similar problem yesterday. After work I had a bunch of errands to run. I had a late lunch due to work being ridiculously busy, and then after I was most of the way through my errands it was 7pm. I was STARVING... and let me tell you, every bad thing I wanted popped into my head. Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, you name it... I wanted it. Including the fact my mom had made tater tots with my parents dinner last night.

I realized that an emergency snack def needs to be taken at all times.

I got home and THANK GOD my parents had eaten all of the tater tots and hadn't made any for me (yay parents!).... otherwise I would have fought to NOT scarf down all of them.

Make sure that you EAT.... remember, it's not just about healthy foods, this is about a healthy lifestyle and FUELING our bodies... which means we have to make time to eat. I know you and I both had a busy day yesterday, but it's just a reminder that it's important to treat ourselves right as well.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

All of you have done so well! I'm glad to say that I have a similar turnout from my day yesterday. Busy all day but did plan ahead with meals and snacks. Unfortunately, had to have "dinner" at 5pm and realized after my meeting was done at 9pm that my dinner wasn't enough to last me the whole night.I was SO snacky, there was a bag of chips chanting my name... And don't ask me how they even made it into the house! Think it's a leftover from easter. Well, I had a portabella mushroom instead. To be honest, it wasn't satisying but I feel incredibly better this morning for NOT getting my hands on the chips!

It would have been a help if I saw this thread when I was jonesing!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Prepping - you should be so PROUD!!!!!! I woke up feeling the same way (the scale even rewarded me!). The mushroom may have not satisfied you the same way at the moment, but it did this morning!!!! And so much more!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote