Weight Loss Support - Finally hitting rock bottom

View Full Version : Finally hitting rock bottom

ohiofreespirit
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
i keep telling myself i need to lose weight. i even mean it when i say it, i know i do but today i took a good long look in the mirror and was shocked at being this big. It's not who i am. She's not the woman i know, that person is under there somewhere. i realized today there is no easy way to lose weight, i'm going to have to work hard. i'm going to have to sweat. i'm going to have to look at myself in that mirror during aerobics. i am going to have to face the hard work ahead of me. It's not going to be pretty, i'm going to have to sweat and be out of breath. There may be some tears at what i have done to myself. i will have to face the embarrassment i feel when people see me. i must realize that food is nothing more then nourishment so that i can live. It's not meant for me to stuff my face full of.

i posted a few weeks ago that the pieces are coming together. Today, the big, fat ugly one fell into place.

natamars
04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
As you achieve your goals, they will mean so much more because of how hard you've had to work for them. For some people it is very easy to stay thin. For probably all of us on this board it is not. And because of that, every victory is so sweet - hitting mini goal weights, fitting into certain sizes, being able to go on planes and roller coasters. Losing is hard and maintaining is hard. But being uncomfortable in your body is even harder.

We all hit that rock-bottom point that brought us here. Mine was seeing pictures of myself from behind. That's the worst part - it all gets better from here.

rea
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi Ohio,
I have been where you are for some time. Today is day three of sane eating. The pain of continuing my behavior was almost more than I could bear. I need this website and people like you who are new and have to struggle with the consequences of overeating. I want to know others are doing this too and have the same struggles. I have 87 lbs. to lose. We can do this!

rea