Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #1  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Default WEEK OF APRIL 12th CHAT

Good morning everyone! Happy to start off a new week! Hope everyone has a terrific Monday! It's going to be a beautiful day here, temps in the high 70's!

Last edited by Onmyway; 04-12-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I weighed myself this morning, and it's not as bad as I feared. Time to get serious and get back on the plan.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that this will be a good week.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #3  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

drive-by post. getting ready to head to san antonio, doing the alamo and the riverwalk w/ mom n dad. beautiful weather, sunny and warm. staying on track w/ my food n exercise so far. not worrying about the scale until I go home, though I believe I had dropped a pound before I left charleston.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #4  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Kitteh - Glad it's not as bad as feared. WTG for getting back with the program!

OMW - Sounds like a beautiful day there.

WLW - Enjoy your day. Would like to be there! I've been to Galveston but not San Antonio. Always wanted to see the Alamo

Koala - Yes, Penrith is a Sydney "suburb" so to speak. I thought Canberra was on the other side of Australia. My Australian geography is not what it should be.

Still fighting the fatigue. Hope this gets fixed soon. It's quite irritating. Just found out that another friend of mine has breast cancer. That's 3 this year and it's just April. I really really hate that disease. So I'm not my usually postive, happy self today. I really want to go home and hide under the covers.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi guys! Wow, busy day here, no time for anything but a drive-by. Had an enjoyable weekend. Did okay with my food/exercise. TOM is all off schedule and came this morning, bleh.

Petra-Wanted to note that I tried the Tandoori Chicken recipe and it was delish! I went a bit further and tried to get a complimentary flavor in rice, but the boys didn't like it. I did white rice, chicken broth, curry powder, cinammon, blanched sliced almonds and golden raisins. They don't like raisins so they each only ate one bite. I liked it, though.

Have to get back at it here.....Have a good one ladies!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/214/170

Height: 5' 5"

kitteh—ah, a gift when the scale isn't as high as you think it's going to be. Congrats!

Kathi—great job staying active and eating well while on vacation. Vacations always do me in! I joined this forum AFTER my vacation! Keep up the good work and have fun.

Kim—so sorry to hear about your friend with breast cancer. I'm sure it is really hard for you to hear, and 3 in 4 months is frightening. I hope your day gets better, and that her treatment is as easy as possible.

AnnieDrews—I think that rice sounds fantastic! Email me the leftovers!

Yesterday was a decent day for me:

water—yes; eat well—mostly; vitamins—yes; exercise—yes.

I will continue with the same goals for another week:

exercise for 30 minutes 6 out of 7 days, eat well, drink at least 40 oz of water, and take my vitamins. Each day I will post how I did the previous day. There have been many times I have remembered to take my vitamins, or not eaten something, or gone for a walk just because I knew I wanted to post a successful day. Thanks for the support!

Sue
slroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #7  

Just wanted to stress that my boys DID like the chicken, but didn't like the rice...so half a victory!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

OMW-Howdy howdy and it sounds like a pretty day there. It's in the 50's here right now, not too bad.

WLW-Hope you arrive safely and have a wonderful trip.

Wizzie-So sorry for you and your friend. I wil keep you in my thoughts and well wishes. I can understand wanting to hide under the covers.

Annie & Petra-I made the tandoori chicken too. YUMMERS! For a side, I simmered some dried ancho chiles, then puree'd them, added some shredded zucchini, chopped jarred garlic chinese 5-spice, and cous cous and we liked it. Wanted to do the bulgur and chickepeas, but couldn;t make it fit into plan for the day. I don't like raisins either, so I sustitute craisins for them in recipes. Until now..since Buster ate the sack that fell off the top of hte fridge the other week.

slroth-sounds like you are doing well and staying on plan and you'll be seeing results.

We are still doing stuff in the yard. Well, Robert is. I am trying to get the house ready for tourist season. We store a bunch of craft stuff in the guest rooms during the off season, then have to get it all sorted and moved, do wall painting touchup and clean out the windowsills, etc. The deep cleaning/spring cleaning stuff. I've not been exercising the last ocuple of days, but getting a good bit of activity just doing the chores. It will have to be enough for now. Once the chores are finished, I dont' have the energy to do anything much else.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #9  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Dropping in to let you know I completed my half marathon yesterday. I'm "feeling it today" and dear goodness there were some major hills to contend with, but I got it done.

Will stop back tomorrow for a more regular post.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #10  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

woo-hoo, way to go deb!!!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/214/170

Height: 5' 5"

Deb—Congratulations! That's amazing. I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself.

Yesterday:

Water—yes; food—not so great; exercise—yes; vitamins—yes.

Bad food day...still better than before I was posting here, but I hate that out of control feeling. I brushed my teeth early and put an end to it, but I wasn't particularly happy with myself. I was happy that I didn't let it turn into something worse. And today's a new day.
slroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #12  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning Girls,

Hoping to get a hot stone massage today - my legs will thank me! OH MY GOSH the hills were crazy. They slowed me down, but didn't stop me....even when I wanted to stop, I kept going. It's teaching me that I can finish things I've started...no matter how hard it is, no matter how long it takes, just take one more step - one in front of the other and you'll get there. (sound familiar? weight loss)

I'm signing up for one more local half marathon in May - trying to accomplish 3 in a 90 day period. My next won't be until October - and I'm ready for a big break from longer endurance runs. This May one will challenge me in that the course time limit is shorter than I'd like, but I'm going to push and try to do it anyway. It's a flat course, so I'm hoping with that - it will give me a good chance to get it done. I can do the time I need early on...it's maintaining it when you tire, that's the trick for me! Time will tell...but I decided to at least try it.

Weight wise, I'm up right now, but my muscles are holding water like crazy (think swelling, etc, trying to hold water after so much work)...so I'll get a better read next week. I go to the doc today - official weigh in, but after my March half marathon, same thing happened - up on water, then next week down a bunch)...not focused on weight right now, just healing a body that was strong for me when I asked it to be.

I now know that finishing that first half marathon wasn't just a FLUKE and I deserved it. Silly, I know...but I needed to know for myself, that yes, I am truly an endurance athlete - and it wasn't "just a lucky day"...I worked hard, I trained and I did it. I feel good inside...nice quiet satisfaction. Feels nice.

Last edited by lambchop; 04-13-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #13  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Deb, Not a fluke by any means! You set a goal, you achieved it, even stuck it out through injuries. You are one determined chick! I'm so glad you're giving yourself the credit you deserve, why is it we are sometimes so much harder on ourselves than others? Enjoy your massage!

slrot, Today is a new day! That's the right attitude. We all have moments when we go off plan, it's what we do right after that matters, do we get back on track or continue down the wrong path? Hope today is a better day for you!

angelskeep, I think housework counts as exercise! Owning a B&B sounds like such fun. I bet you meet some interesting people!

Annie, I can sympathize with TOM being out of whack! My periods have been rather messed up lately. I'm scheduled for the Novasure procedure in early May. Good bye periods!

Wizzie, Hope you are feeling better today! Sorry about your friend. I have several friends that have had breast cancer. Sure hope they were able to find it early.

WLW, Enjoy your travels! Sounds like you are getting in plenty of walking!

Kitteh, Glad the scale was not too mean to you! Time to get back to work!

My scale was down 1 1/2 this morning. You may have heard my squeals of delight! Stayed home from work today because I have a horrible cold. Promised DH I would get our taxes finished today. UGH! Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Onmyway; 04-13-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #14  

Hi everybody! It is a beautiful spring day here. Love this time of year so much. Wish my mood would even out. One minute I'm happy and smiling, the next....not so much. Got a lot of things in the back of my mind that I'm trying not to let worry me too much, but they keep cropping up. What will be, will be. Amen.

Let me start by saying to Deb:

You are such an inspiration and I am so glad you are meeting your goals. Just amazing!!

Kitteh-Good for you for getting back on plan! Good reason to weigh consistently and be able to recognize when trouble arises.

WLW-Sounds like a great time to visit San Antone. I've wanted to go, but never have worked it in. Summer is SO hot there. Have fun!

Wizzie-So sorry to hear about your friend. Reminds me that I really need to schedule a mammogram.

Sue-I think your plan sounds like a good one. Increasing my water has really helped me. I drink between 70 and 100 oz. a day.

Angel's-Sounds like fun, but hard, work to keep the B&B going. I'm interested to see your posts as the season starts up. Good luck!

OMW-Woot! on the 1.5 pounds! Hope your cold gets better and those taxes get done!

Anyone heard from Marie or CAT?? Hope they are just too busy or having too much fun to check in.

I know I missed others, too. I'm glad you're all here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-13-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations Deb! You deserve that massage!

Glad the Tandoori chicken was a hit for those who tried it.

There has been more drama with my friend's return from maternity leave than I would have liked. My boss sometimes tries too hard to make everyone happy rather than just making decisions and letting the chips fall. In this case, not everyone is going to be happy no matter what she does.

Went out to eat last night which did not do well for my calorie budget but that's done. I'm supposed to go out again tonight to an educational event. No drug reps involved. I don't go if there are. We'll see how the day goes.

I'm running late today so I better get my act together and get out the door.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote