Tejas
04-12-2010, 08:28 AM
:carrot:

New Pages

:grouphug:

Tejas
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

My guest arrived safely and we had a good evening catching up on news.
I brought in bar-b-que for dinner and I ate modestly. Three of the four pounds I put on last week are now gone.

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
04-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I will be careful and hope the therapist will be able to manuvour my neck into to right position,can live on pain pills forever.

I lost 1.5 of the 3 that I put on during the Easter Holidays.Happy about that even though candy wasn't involved. I have to stop going out with my new friends to restaurant 3 times a week.

Doctor wants me to keep to a 1200 cal limit to get out of this dangerous poundage that I put on the last 5 months. Hope he doesn't weigh me when I to him this morning.

My new avatar is the bear my grand children bought for me for Easter His name is Leo the Bear.Brought him home and he now on Leo Lounge Chair.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up and I glad that your lost the 3/4 pounds.

Have to get ready for the appointment,will post later

Tejas
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi:

Maryann, love the new bear. It's difficult to stick to 1200 calories and eat out, isn't it? I've been eating a LOT of salad when we go out.

I've been running all day. I made the Peruvian turkey for dinner tonight from the WW cookbook. It was tasty. You just marinate turkey breast in red wine vinegar, olive oil and spices (cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper) for a few hours and bake it. I served it with basmati rice (not core, and I ate only few bites) and veggies. I added a salad and that was a good dinner.

Rhonda

sloanie
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
The carpet is in !!! It is so nice to know that when we move furniture, it will be in its final place. We still have stuff to do, but it is all small. I'm really looking forward to de-junking and using my sister's label maker to set up a more organized system.

Rhonda, have you tried brown basmati rice? It is good, and I like it better than regular brown rice. Have fun with your friend!

Maryann, I love the Leo bear! I hope your neck feels better soon!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great evening!

nancy237
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm going to the Dr in the morning because I have been having weird
heart flutters that I have never felt. It makes me feel like I need to breathe extra deep or cough ...Probably nothing , but I will feel
better to check...
Really bad timing with Robin's surgery Wed.

Spent the day exploring the property we may buy..and finding ticks tonight... I wonder how we played all day in the woods as kids and never got ticks..

Maryann..I have to stay at 1200 to lose... Lately I am doing better by eating 200 calorie mini meals in the first half of the day when I am less hungry..
that allows a few more calories in the evening.
I know that goes against some expert advice but it seems to fit my body
rhythms and I have been losing so I am sticking with it.
I make sure each 200 calorie meal has fiber & protein in it...

sloanie
04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Mornin' chicks! With all of the big projects done, it's now time for all of those little projects that are my responsibility (meaning I will be doing a lot of them by myself 'cause they are more on the decorating side of things). Anyway, I have so much to do that I don't know where to start. I really want to decorate, but there is a lot of clutter that needs attention, too. I know the clutter should come first, but that's no fun :(.

Nancy, let us know how your appointment goes today. I'm praying for you. I'll bet the flutters are just a result of stress related to Robin's big day tomorrow. Also, you might try to cut out caffeine-that's just a free nurse tip from me to you :D

I'm off to de-clutter. Bah Humbug :mad:

beach bum
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the welcome back.Glad to be back to my routine again.This morning I have a mammogram but this time around its not by xray but with digital. They changed the system since I was there last year.

RHONDA-Going to take you advice about the salads when I go out,but I going to stop going out to too many restaurant eating during a one week period. The girls like to to out 3'xs week and I 'm not used to that.

SLOANE-Thanks I'm putting a heating pad on my neck and the pain seems to subside it better than the ice pack. I had my carpet cleaned and what a difference in the appearance in my living & dining room area.The only thing I need is some hunter green throw pillows for the sofa and wing chair and the living room will be finished.

NANCY-Do I know how hard a 1200 c can be. Never thought about dividing the amount in to 3 meals at would be 400 cal per meal.Or 200 200 &
800 for the evening?????? That's doable thanks for the idea. Oh my heart fluttering, it may be stress like Sloane said about Robins surgery,Prays going out your way.

Have a great morning

Tejas
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Nancy, I was thinking exactly what Sloan has said. That's free advice from a public health professor (retired). When I read your post about the possible move I had sympathy flutters! Let's hope your MD says it's temporary stress.

Sloan, I've been here 4 months. I removed clutter before I moved, and there's even more. The stuff multiplies!

I'm off to the Kimball Museum in Ft. Worth with my friend today. But, first, the gym.

Rhonda

Vickie
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey Chicks! No time to stay. Puppy training is not all it's cracked up to be. He's sleeping all night but doesn't want to be in the crate during the day when we need a moment. He whines, then barks, then barks shrilly, then howls. He never calms down until I go in there and sit down next to the crate, ignore him until he stops, and then let him out. I've tried all the tricks about getting him to go in and just stay a few seconds and such but one I lock the door and move away, all **** breaks loose. I'm reading the Whole Dog Journal puppy primer and it says to not let them get too hysterical in there to the point where they eliminate in there or it wrecks their housetraining. Yikes. I'll be at this a while. I keep telling myself that he's only been away from his mama for 3 days and is only a little over 3 months old.

Eating is good. I'm so worked up I'm nauseous and don't feel like eating.

Be well chicks!

aghiowa
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Hee hee Vickie, we lead parallel lives. My little guy wants to be held all night long. During the day he's happy to be snoozing in his bed, but at night, it's a different story. :D Good thing he's so snuggly!

I think I'm going to try to get a bath in today for him...one for me probably wouldn't hurt either! :lol: I already got the dishwasher loaded and 2 loads of laundry folded, so that makes today super-productive. I will also get a nap or two in there for me.

Angela

aghiowa
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Hee hee Vickie, we lead parallel lives. My little guy wants to be held all night long. During the day he's happy to be snoozing in his bed, but at night, it's a different story. :D Good thing he's so snuggly!

I think I'm going to try to get a bath in today for him...one for me probably wouldn't hurt either! :lol: I already got the dishwasher loaded and 2 loads of laundry folded, so that makes today super-productive. I will also get a nap or two in there for me.

Angela

Tejas
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Awww, separated from him mommy. No wonder he's howling. I'm no help. I never crate trained a dog.

Angela, laundry already. Play invalid a few more days! :lol:

I'm tired but I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, doing interval training: 30 seconds at a normal pace, then 30 seconds like a bat out of Hades. I did that for 17 minutes, then stayed a normal pace. It is exhausting!

My friend and I went to the museum, then to the Botanical Gardens, had lunch there, then came home. The Kimball is a unique little gallery, very nice.

Rhonda

nancy237
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Angela

You could try crate training :lol:

I agree with Rhonda.. let everyone do the chores awhile..

nancy237
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I may not respond to everyone because I am
trying to get a ton done tonight before the surgery tomorrow.

We arrive at 6:45 and the surgery is at 8 am ( 5 hrs estimated)

My doctor said today that the palpitations are fairly common and that
caffeine and stress make them worse. He asked if I was stressed and I just
started laughing.."yes every aspect of my life is in transition!!"
I think I am dealing well with it all but I am sure it still affects my body.
He did an EKG and wants to do a few other things to rule out anything serious
but I plan to quit my coffee after tomorrow(gradually over a few days ).
That is something I should have done already because of my trouble sleeping..
Sleeping pills to sleep and caffeine to wake up is not what I want to keep
doing..

I think we are buying the property I posted about before...more on that
later.. It will be 4-5 years before we build on it...

Vickie...would a radio in the room with the crate help..I have heard of that
before....also some people leave a ticking clock to remind them of the mothers heartbeat...

nancy237
04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Maryanne...
this is how I am dividing my calories right now

9am-200 calories (usually egg white scramble or protein shake)

12ish - 200 calories (something with protein & fiber)-sometimes I add benefiber to my soup or drink )

3ish another 200 calorie minimeal

that leaves me 600 calories for a nice dinner and even a 100 calorie treat
after dinner...

Not for everyone but it has helped me stick with 1200 calories.

nancy237
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Aren't I just the forum hog tonight :joker:

Tejas
04-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Hog away, Nancy. That's interesting about how you spread the calories. I would find it hard to do with just 200 calories from 9AM to noon. But, then again, I work out in the mornings normally. But, I think what you've worked out looks good. Is it working?

Good luck tomorrow, and with your stress issues. If it's too hard to cut out all caffeine, cut it in half to start. That might help.

SO, good night all...

Rhonda

ps: Sandra, have you disappeared on us?

ontarget
04-13-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm here. I've just been running in circles. I worked yesterday. Today I worked in the yard over 3 hours. I'm working rest of the week. This will be the last week I work this month as we have 2 trips coming up between now and the end of the month. One of the trips is family-oriented; the other is the Local Qualifier for the State Senior Games (so I'm training). I trained from 6:30 till after 9:30 last night.

All that said, the main reason I haven't posted for a couple of days is because I'm feeling guilty about not being on program. If I disappear for a few days, it will be because I'm trying to get my head on straight.

Please bear with me.

Vicki and Angela, I am happy for both of you. Get rest when you can.

Nancy, I hope you get a good report at the doctor's. I am like the others and think it's stress-related.

Maryann, I am proud of you for being ready to graduate from your support group. You're a strong woman.

Rhonda, have a good visit with your friend. I'm proud of you for working in your exercise. Very impressive!

I'm not depressed. I'm just busy and am trying to figure out what I want to do about this excess weight. I'll get it figured out.

Have a good evening.

Vickie
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired, tired, tired. Brodie is a doll and worth the trouble but I can't wait until the housebreaking is done and he doesn't have to be watched constantly. He's bonded with me and barks whenever he can't see me. I'll be going out today to break him of that a bit and give the two boys some time to bond.

I'm on program but no exercise. Except for running after the puppy, that is.

Be well and I'll pop in when I can.

sloanie
04-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Vickie, I have found loads of great info on housebreakingbible.com. It has very specific directions and also a message board where you can post questions for the trainers. I have posted several times, and they always answered within about 24 hours. Maybe you could get some good info there. One thing I do with Pippi is called "umbilical training". I have combined it with the advice on the housebreakingbible site. Hang in there, you know how awesome your little guy will be when the training is done!

Sandra, I'm so happy to see you here. I want to hear from you even if you are not op. I love to hear about how you are doing with your weight loss efforts, but I love your "life stories" even more. Since this is the end of my second year here, I feel like you are part of my family, and I certainly don't stop communicating with my family members if they are not losing weight! Keep posting, I miss you!

Have a great day, y'all!
Have a great day, y'all!

beach bum
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM

Just checking in to let you know I'm still around. In 15 mins I have another PT for my neck & shoulder area. The heat certainly makes a difference comparing to the cold compresses I was using originally.

Nancy,your way of counting calories looks familiar as I remember a woman at the WW meeting doing some thing like that but only using a larger amount of calories for her range. Sending prayers your way for this mornings surgery.

Sandra,Thanks,Its sound mean,but I can't stand the negativity going around the bereavement group meeting room anymore,its doesn't seem like some of the woman want to move on.One of my friends that I met there is feeling the same way.

Picked out just a few posts that I answered as I have to go, will post when I get back.

sloanie
04-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Nancy, I am praying for you and Robin all day!

Tejas
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, good luck to you and yours, Nancy.

Maryann, I have a suggestion, which you have already thought of. Don't go to the group!! If it brings you down, or doesn't give you what you need, there's no reason to be there. Surviving a partner's death is really tough as it is without being surrounded by negativity, no matter who is being negative.

I have a big eating challenge to overcome tonight. We're going to a steak house that is really well known and the food is delicious. AARRRGGHHHH....I'll be really, really good!

Rhonda

sloanie
04-14-2010, 10:14 PM
As I'm writing this, I'm getting a pedicure from a professional cosmetologist, my DD! What a treat!!! I worked all day organizing and pulling out things to take to Goodwill. Things are really taking shape :D

Nancy, I'm still sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Rhonda, good luck at the steak house.

Tejas
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
A pedicure...heaven. I'm gonna go get one. Thanks for the idea.

I could have done better at the steak house, but, still, it wasn't ridiculous, so I'm OK.

Nancy, I hope you have the energy to post tonight or tomorrow morning. We're all thinking of you.

Rhonda

beach bum
04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Good Morning ladies:)

Another beautiful day to be walking along the beach,so I going to take advantage as over the weekend we are expecting rain.

Going out to dinner tonight and my friend & I are going to talk to the other two and tell them what we expect from them and if they don't improve we will leave them to fiend for themselves. Both of us are fed up with the negativity.

Tomorrow afternoon I going to be with my choir friends to play our canasta card game.

RHONDA-I agree with your 100% and that's exactly what the other lady and I plan to do.I went to the Out Back Restaurant with my DD & SIL and I ordered a OUTBACK SPECIAL for 12 oz I asked them to cut it in 1/2 making it a 6 oz smaller steak than what was on the menu.

SLOAN-Enjoy your pedicure,never had one.

blessedwithsarah
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone! I had my pedicure on Tuesday....must be the weather. Need to have pretty toes to wear my new shoes.

Maryann, if the group is negative, don't go. Its hard enough to get over a loss, you need positivitiy in your life. Not negativity. If you feel like a group would still help, find a new one.

Nancy, good luck to DH. Please let us know how he made out.

I'm struggling with any type of plan right now. Why do I do this to my self? I keep trying, I guess thats the important thing. I did great yesterday -- all day. Until 9pm, I ate 4 chocolate easter eggs dd had left over. Why, I don't know. UGH!

On some good news, my mom is doing better. She got the OK on Monday to move around her room with her walker. She was thrilled not to have to ask someone to walk with her to the bathroom. She should be a few more weeks. They tried her with a cane yesterday, she was not ready. They'll try again next week. I think if she can move around steady with a cane, go up and down the stairs, she should be able to go home. I think she was lucky it wasn't worse -- after all she is 83.

Well, got to get some work done. Just wanted to stopy by.

Angela and Vickie -- how are your new baby boys?

aghiowa
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Sloan, I thought about cutting my toenails yesterday. Does that count as a pedicure? ;)

Paula, my little boy is doing great. At his dr appt today, his bilirubin levels are down, so the jaundice is getting better. He's gained 5 oz since his weight check Monday, and the doctor was really impressed with his muscle tone.

Today was my dad's surgery. I don't know anything yet, but he should be out and in recovery by now.

ontarget
04-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi there. I'm here. I have one more day to sub this week then I'm off till after May 1.

Maryann, I hope your dinner conversation goes well. Sometimes people don't realize they're being negative. I'm glad ya'll are confronting them.

Sloan, I'm scheduled for a pedicure/manicure next Tuesday. I'll bet your tootsies look great.

Angela, I'm glad your little fellow is doing so well. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, I guess you're enjoying showing Cowtown to your friend. Have fun.

Paula, I'm dusting, too.

We're going to watch our grands play softball in a few minutes. Life is good.

aghiowa
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
My dad did great in surgery...they thought they were going to be taking him to the ICU afterwards since it's such an involved surgery, but he's doing so well they took him straight to his room. I guess he's being the model patient. :) I'm not surprised. He IS a Boy Scout, after all. They think they got the whole mass cleanly out and mentioned something to my mom about how it doesn't really look like cancer. They will know more after they do the pathology, but seems like good news all around to me!

Angela

Tejas
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
That's great news about your dad, Angela. And, Paula, it's good to hear that your mom is improving too.

My friend has headed south to look at bluebonnets and see the Hill Country, as we call it. I'm getting ready for a party here Saturday for the neighbors. I'm too tired for this! :rofl:

I did the elliptical and the bike today but for only 30 minutes total. I've got to increase that time. Tomorrow morning brings Todd and aquafit.

Have a great night everyone.

Rhonda

ontarget
04-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Angela and Paula, I'm glad your parents are doing well.

Rhonda, you've been burning that candle, girl. Get some rest.

Tejas
04-16-2010, 07:04 AM
OK, Sandra, I rested last night :lol:

I just read "Lost 32# in 6 months" on the Goal! section of the boards. I recommend it to you all. She makes it clear that "a failure to plan is a plan to fail." She also lost her weight without much exercise, but sticking to around 1200 calories.

My weight just wouldn't budge from 179-182 the last few months. This morning I hit 178, and I will consider that a breakthrough and keep going. I have been able to move down from extra large blouses to large ones. I don't worry about pants too much because I have just great peasant hips and have worn extra large pants even when 10 pounds lighter. I'll get down to large eventually.

I bought the Mayo Clinic Diet book from their website. It is a great review of just about everything. According to their data, my BMI is still in the "obese" range, but 10 more pounds off would move it down. I need to lose down to 140 to be "normal." In other words, 39 more pounds need to come off. Well, OK then...but I might settle for 20 more off!

I don't think most of you would need it, but you might check it out when it comes to your local library, or recommend it to someone just starting this journey.

The book says this for women to lose at one pound a week:

if you weigh 250 or less, eat 1200 calories a day
if you weigh 251 to 300, eat 1400 calories a day
if you weight 301 or more, eat 1600 a day

I'm off to see Torture Todd today, then to swim, then to shop for party supplies.

BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
04-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! How exciting to hear that Paula's Mom and Angela's Dad are doing SO well. Now we just need a great report from Nancy's DH.

Rhonda, the Mayo book sounds good. Maybe I'll get it from the library when I have time to read again.

Sloan, you are working so hard. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Sandra, I'm on program too but it's not easy. Seems all I do is related to puppy lately. Nothing for Mommy.

Brodie is doing great. He does let me be on the computer a bit. I'll see if I can post a picture. I have a large mp camera and I don't know how to resize so it may not let me post it.

sloanie
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey chickies! Yesterday, I took the day off from work and had a girls day with my DD, sister, and niece. We started the day with one hour facials (at a local aesthetician program for $20.00) then shopped and had lunch in a little historic town right outside of Nashville. We ended the day with DD having a friend over for drinks, and of course I had to indulge. Today is chemo day for my dad, so I'll be busy with that today. Spring break is almost over :(, but summer break will be here in about six weeks :carrot:

Angela, good news about your dad and your baby boy. I hope you are still focusing on yourself and trying not to do too much.

Paula, glad to hear about your mom. I, too, am having crazy eating. I focus on calories/core then have nutty binges at night. I'm up and down with the weight. I'm frustrated but with myself, not any specific eating program! Why can't we just do the right thing?

Sandra, glad to see you here again. It must be nice to be able to sub then take a break when you want to.

Rhonda, I needed that 1200 calorie reminder. I also like the quote about planning. DD and I had that conversation yesterday. If we plan, we are always way more successful.

Maryann, I like your spunk!!

Nancy, I'm praying that Robin is doing well and you are getting rest so you can take care of him when he comes home! Let us know how things are going.

Vickie, I use my cell phone to post pics. I take the photo then send it to my e-mail and save it to my computer. Then I can post the photo here. You might try that if your camera gives you problems. Is Brodie getting settled? It sure takes a long time doesn't it?

I'm off to be with my parents for the chemo. My mom has already told me and my sis that our beds are ready for tonight. I think she is scared my dad will get sick, and she won't know what to do. I'll try to check in tomorrow. Have a great day, y'all!

beach bum
04-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Rainy days are back again,so it back to riding my bike some time today before or after my canasta card game.In spire of the rain I had my Physical Training Session this morning,and once the doctor gives the therapist the ok He will put me on a traction stimulator and get my neck/shoulder pain gone once and for all. Can't wait until that happens.

PAULA-Its not the group in general but the few woman I met and became friendly with. One woman is just like me that moved on the other two are using us like a crutch.Even my therapist said I was doing great after such a short time of being alone. I'm not saying that you don't talk about your loneliness once in a while but not every single day.

SANDRA-Oh we had a great dinner and no talking about the DH's at all. But these woman want to go out to dinner every night also because of there loneliness and its getting expensive.We talked them out of it. Lets hope they take the hint.

Have to go,and have my dinner before I meet my friends for Canasta

Tejas
04-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Quiet tonight....that's good as long as no one is sneaking late night snacks :)

bex
04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Its weird to think its night time where you are Tejas! Its 2.50pm here. I'm at work. And bored so wanting to eat but sipping my water and spending my time on here instead!

blessedwithsarah
04-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi everyone! Just had the best breakfast -- ever make baked eggs? I sprayed a small oven proof pan with butter spray, put that in the oven to heat up. Once hot, cracked in 2 eggs, sprinkled it with a greek seasoning mix. Then into the oven for about 5 minutes (had it at 425). toasted up 1 slice of whole grain bread. Put the eggs on top of that. The eggs were nicely cooked, yolks still a bit runny. YUMMY. I've already been to the gym today -- had to cut it short as DH needed to leave at 8. Got in 35 minutes. Better than nothing.

Angela, so glad things went well with your dad. How long until Patholgoy results are in? I hope soon.

Sloan, how is your dad doing? I hope he's dealing with the Chemo OK.

My mom is continuing to progress -- she was practicing stairs and daily tasks in therapy yesterday. If I had to guess, she should be there a couple more weeks. I finally spoke to her last night -- I tried for 2 days. She is never in her room, which is good. I'm hoping she may consider a retirement community rather than staying in her house. Its fairly isolated. But, we'll deal with that later. I'm glad she is happy at the hospital.

Well, got to shower and get dd to gymnastics. Its vacation week here - -I'm off Monday - Wed with her. Monday there are 5 of us going into Boston on the Train to the Children's museum. Two adults, 2 7 year olds and 1 9year old. Should be fun. Have a good day!

beach bum
04-17-2010, 09:00 AM

Its a raining out today so there won't be any walks along the beach or anywhere this morning. Had a wonderful afternoon with my canasta friends of course my team lost.Will met up with them again tomorrow.

RHONDA=Just read about your posting that a 250-lb should eat 1200 per day to lose 1 lb. That's every little isn't it,even though it came from experts like the Mayo clinic.????? Oh yes I know the BMI list to well, it says I obese also until I reach 140,but my doctor says I'll never reach it,so he suggest going down to 150 instead. I still be in the obese charts but he says I would be healthier.

SLOANE-I have to be spunky as I'm alone and must protect myself,no matter what. None is going to put anything over me any more.

PAULA-Going on my trusty bike this afternoon as I got lazy when I came home last night,gave my mouth exercise :lol3: as I was on the phone all night long.

ontarget
04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
:welcome: Bex. I look forward to getting to know you. Where do you live? I'm in the same time zone as Tejas (my cousin, too).

Paula, thanks for the tips on baking eggs. I may try that. I've never used Greek seasoning. Is it easy to find at grocery stores or is a specialty ingredient?

Rhonda, congratulations on being down to 178. And also congratulations on being down another clothes size.

The lady I am training with and I are eating 1200 calories a day. Well, I just started Thursday. She's been doing that awhile and is down around 25 pounds. She's having a garage sale today. I'm buying a food steamer from her. It's raining down here today, but I'm going to train anyway. I need to be used to shooting in rainy conditions just in case it's raining at A&M the end of the month when we're competing.

Vickie, I am proud of you for doing so well. I'm watching for photos.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good time with your friends. Curtis and I have a signal we use when one of us (usually him) is getting negative. We'll say, "It's a beautiful day." Maybe you and your friends could have a good talk, laugh, and get a signal. You could say that it applies to all of you. Maybe that way the two who are having trouble with moving forward wouldn't feel singled out and might be more receptive to being more positive. Just a thought.

Sloan, your girls' day out sounds like it was a blast. I'm glad you got to unwind and have some fun before your father needed you. I hope all went well for him yesterday and he's not having too much trouble.

Got to go. We're heading to town. Did ya'll notice I changed my signature? You all should have told me "It's a beautiful day," when I was whining the other day.

Love to you all. Have a wonderful Saturday.

nancy237
04-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Everything went well with the surgery and Robin is progressing everyday.
The first night after the surgery was a difficult one but after that we have seen
improvement everyday.

I am staying at the hospital with him around the clock except to rush home to shower & feed the pets.

I have learned to sleep in those crazy hospital recliners!!

He will move to a Rehab on Monday and I will only be allowed to visit at night so
I will post more then.

I will have to catch up on everyone else's post later..

Vickie
04-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Sloan and Nancy....great news! Angela, any lab results yet? How are you and Dad and Miles doing?

ontarget
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Nancy, I'm glad Robin's doing well. Remember to take care of yourself, too.

aghiowa
04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Vickie, we probably won't hear any results on my dad's mass until Monday or Tuesday. Miles and I (and family) are doing well. I actually went out for a walk with my mom and her dogs today. I'm pretty tired now! It's been a while since I exercised.

Angela

Tejas
04-17-2010, 11:25 PM
pooped....we had a great neighborhood party at our house tonight. Believe me, I wasn't even close to Core or 1200 calories today. Yes, Maryann, 1200 is NOT a lot of calories...very tough, but doable. I did spend an hour at the gym today, working out. I hope that helped my transgressions tonight.

Bex, are you joining us, or just cruising? You're welcome to hop on board here.

Sandra, you got a free whine here the other day....just accept it.

Bedtime, Chickies...

Rhonda

Vickie
04-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We are doing well here. Brodie takes a lot of attention from both of us but we are managing. Tomorrow he is likely to be alone is his crate while we go to JC. It will be the first time and probably traumatic for him. We'll only be gone about 45 minutes. That should be a good test.

Maybe we'll try today for a shorter time. He has some kind of weird parasite that seems to be causing him a wee bit of trouble. Besides that we are all happy and tired.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had a great time. It's ok to have a big calorie day once in a while. I've been really close to my 1500 calories this week. Probably more like 1550. No real exercise unless you count chasing and playing with a puppy.

Let's see if you can see my Facebook link to Brodie's Puppy album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34321&id=1341020218&l=360a4520b9

beach bum
04-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a great morning at church and than at brunch with my friends but I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me as I feeling awful.Hopefully I'm not coming down with something.

Nothing new, except for my weight is hovering over 172=172.5 and back to 172 again,Hope it doesn't go up tomorrow at my official W-I. I think I'm doing everything right,drinking my water 80=96 oz and exercising 30-45 m and trying to eat around 1200c. Trying to find out what I'm doing wrong I looked over my past food journals I found that when I was eating more 1400c I was down in the 160's. It it a possibility that I do need more calories.

SANDRA-Thanks,we tried that already and its not working. My friend & I think they are retrieving backward instead of going forward. I met a woman at church this morning that goes to my bereavement group a month after I started and she's on her way to recovery. I really admire her,because its rough the first couple of months but then you try to move on. My friend & I are going out with this Thursday for dinner and see if they got stronger now that they don't have us to lean on day after day. Lets hope so, as I like these woman but not their negativity.

NANCY-So Happy to hear everything went well with Robin's surgery.

RHONDA-I know it doable,as it worked for a couple of weeks for me now I hoovering over a number and I can't get down not matter what I do[portion control,water & exercising]. Going to do down on my carbs, thinking of starting the CORE again.

VICKIE-You have a cute doggy,hope that he doesn't have a parasite in him.I heard people with puppies put a alarm or reg tick tock clock next to the puppy and than he will think its his mothers heartbeat. Just a thought.

Have to go, going to watch the end of the golf game.

sloanie
04-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey chickies, chemo went well for my dad on Friday (thanks to y'all for asking about him). I talked to him today, and he had gone to church with my mom. I'm really happy about how well he's doing, so far. In addition to being with him on Friday and Saturday, I've "rejuvenated" the hard wood floor, painted three large plates to coordinate with some art that I have in the breakfast room, and painted six picture frames black to hang with black and white photos in an grouping for the family room wall. There is still so much to do, but my house is finally looking more like a home again. My eating has been crazy, and my weight is bouncing between 134 and 136. I think the fluctuation has a lot to do with sodium, but my food choices cannot be helping.

Paula, sounds like your mom is doing very well. This might be a good time to approach her about some kind of retirement apartment or something. I'm glad she's getting better.

Angela, sounds like things are going well with you. I'm keeping good thoughts and prayers for the biopsy news.

Rhonda, a neighborhood dinner sounds fun! Did you make the food or was it pot luck?

Sandra, I like the signal you and Curtis use. What a great idea!

Nancy, I was glad to read the good report about Robin's surgery. I'll bet he'll really make big strides when he gets to the rehab center. Are you worn out yet?

Vickie, I looked at Brodie on your facebook link. He is so precious! How much will he weigh when full grown?

Maryann, I have been aiming for 1200 calories of core foods for a couple of weeks. Some days I'm able to stop at 1200 and others I go a little higher. I agree with the quote that was mentioned earlier about planning and how important it is. It always goes better for me when I plan ahead and leave some calories for snacks.

Hey Bex, come by again and let us know how you are doing!

My DH is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow, so things have quieted down around here. Since tomorrow is my first day back to school after a two week break, I think I take the rest of the evening to rest and get ready for the week. I hope you all have a great Sunday evening!

Vickie
04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Mary Ann, it sound like you will come out of your group with at least a couple of good friends. That's awesome!

Sloan, glad to hear your Dad is doing well and actually went out today. Great news!

Brodie will be 19-22 pounds when he is full grown. He was 7.5 at last weigh in.

sloanie
04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Vickie, thanks for your kind words about my dad. It sounds like Brodie will be about the size of my DD's pekingese Holly. She is 14 pounds and seems very heavy next to my 5 pound maltipoo, Pippi. Do y'all have a yard for Brodie to play in? He looks like he might be very frisky! I know you are gonna have a great time with him. Does he have a favorite toy?

ontarget
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Rhonda, you're a great entertainer. Your neighbors are lucky to have you and Doyle in the neighborhood.

Sloan, that's wonderful news about your dad. And I hadn't realized your spring break was 2 weeks instead of 1. You're lucky.

Vickie, I saw your photos of Brodie. Cute little fella for sure.

Maryann, I agree with Vickie. You've made some new friends. That's good.

Angela, I hope your dad gets good news.

The next couple of weeks will be whirlwinds. I have monthly appoints 2 days this week; a quick visit with a former classmate who now lives in Pennsylvania but is in the area for a few days; training sessions with a lady from Cleburne (and Curtis, of course) for the Senior Games next week; and a trip to Austin. We'll be home one day next week before we go to Texas A&M for the Senior Games. Guess all this will help keep me active. I won't be in the rocker much. :lol:

All of you have a wonderful Sunday evening. I'll be back tomorrow to see how things are on your ends of cyberspace.

Tejas
04-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I took a peek at Brodie...he's a cutie.

Sloan, the dinner was a mixture of potluck and us providing. We bought all the Bar-b-que and the drinks, and I made potato salad. But, people had been very casual about saying what they were bringing (or not) so I actually had everything available. I had to have the family over tonight to eat leftovers!

I didn't go to the gym today, and I didn't exercise. I went to church, napped, did laundry and warmed up leftovers! I'm tired!!!!

I'll get us started in the morning before I go see Todd at 8 AM.

Rhonda