Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/197/140

Height: 5'4

Default need some motivation

Help! I am 5.5 months post-partum. I spent the entire winter in the house, unemployed, lazing araound, playing with the kids (by "playing" I mean coloring, playing dolls, etc, not doing physical things like running around, dancing, etc). I am now only 8 lbs lighter than when I checked out of the hospital after having my son. I am going back to work this Wed. but I am a pastry chef. I am so tired of being this weight- I did WW for a long time and did great but this past couple of years, I just have found that it isn't working for me anymore.

I start off each day with the full intention of eating well and exercising, but then it all goes down the tubes. I just am so not motivated.
What works for you all?
maisiedotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

I'm still working on motivation myself lol. I've just been trying to look at a picture of myself when I was at the weight I want to be again. I'm trying to start every day with the attitude that I want to be healthier, happier and thinner. It's deffinately not easy but its a goal I want to reach. Just don't give up.
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think the structure of having 'work' back in your day will be a boost for you. It's enough of a change that it'll help you make some other changes too. Like the beginning of an era
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #4  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

I imagine the future.

Six months from now, if I stay OP, I could be at least 30 pounds lighter. If I do nothing, I can be 15 pounds heavier. The time will pass regardless. I want to choose a healthier and happeir future!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi maisie After a lifetime of fighting overeating binging and poor habits I did finally lose the weight and have kept it off since august 08.

I put on 45 pounds with my 4th baby, and kept 40 of those pounds for 2 years. Every day I started the same way you describe. It was many months of start for 1 hour then regress to the muffins and cookies and beating myself up. Finally I stopped trying, figured maybe obeisity was my future and I should get used to it. Then, there was a clarity moment for me I and decided that one day I would be ready.

And then that day came and I was ready. I was ready for the commitment that comes with a healthy lifestyle. I started by counting calories and then adding exercise. Then I noticed what types of calories worked best for me. My body could eat more calories if they were the proteins (even high fat), fruits and veggies vs. the grains, (even whole grains).

I'd recommend trying any of the free calorie counting websites like the daily plate or fitday and figure out how many calories you are eating now. Try the bite it, write it method for a day or so. That is a real eye opener!!

Welcome to 3fc and visit often. This place is spectacular I do know I would not be where I am now without the chicks and roosters here!

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-12-2010 at 09:22 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Exercise, exercise, and .... exercise.
I have to make sure I exercise each day. Once that is done, then I don't want to eat the calories back and 'undo' all the good stuff I have done for myself. Exercise keeps me in control (of myself), it keeps me from binging and overeating (ok, not every day is perfect but on average, it's pretty good).
I agree with Susan - hopefully being back at work will help you with having some structure and regular schedule. Make sure you prepare low-cal healthy meals to take with to work every day (as as snacks) so that you don't give in to temptation. Being a pastry chef I imagine the danger is lurking all around you.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

For me, there is no amount of motivation that gets this done. To end the cycle you described, I needed three good days of cleansing my system of sugar. I just buckled down for three solid days and after that, I was good to go. I have no will power...and here I sit five months in and I can honestly say it's easy.

Give it three days. You won't regret it and I think you'll find each day thereafter gets just a little easier.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #8  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Hi! Planning ahead is the key!! Plan your snacks, plan your exercise, plan your meditation time soooo then you stay calm & collected.
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote