Old 04-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Default Differnt kind of NSV

So last weekend for Easter I saw several relatives that I haven't seen since Christmas or before. We all live in the same city and within 15 minutes of each other, but rarely see one another. Sad I know! There were lots of comments on my weight loss and my newish short hair. I appreciated the complements.

Mom my had lunch with two of my aunts this week. Both of them said how good I was looking and how nice I looked on Easter, that the colour of my top was amazing. However, both my aunts (separately!) said to my mom that not only did I look good, but I just seemed so happy.

For me that's a huge deal. I was in a not so good spot last Easter, I was unhappy with work, gained a lot of weight, and going through a rough spot with the bf. I'm pretty sure I would have been diagnosed with clinical depression had I spoken to a professional. It was not a good time.

Until my mom told me what my aunts said, I hadn't given it much thought. But my aunts are right, I AM HAPPY! I feel good, I'm in control of my life and things are good. It took hearing it from someone to make me realize it! So here's to being happy, it's something I haven't felt in a while and I like it!!!!!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! The loss is great, but being genuinely happy is the best!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #3  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yea I sometimes think the emotional gains that come with the physical loss is the best thing! You just have so much more confidence in yourself and how you look and it shows.

Congrats hunn!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

being happy is a wonderful feeling. I heard the same thing from people about 2 years ago when things took a turn for the better after a few miserable years. I was nice to know that my happiness was so visible!

I am happy for you!!!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #5  
The Last 10lbs!

Woohoo! Well done you!

I'm also from Calgary, but I'm living in England at the moment. I hear it's been pretty warm there recently. I don't know about you but a nice day puts me in a good mood too!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #6  
fra

S/C/G: 231/xx/150 [105/xx/68 kg]

Height: 6' [183 cm]

I'm so happy for you! It is the best thing to start from weight loss and turn many other things around with it :3 for the better!
fra is offline   Reply With Quote