Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - September 9, 2002

Hi everybody. How was your weekend?

Mine was fabulous. DH and I went with another couple to a lodge located about two hours out of town, next to a national park. We had perfect weather -- biked, hiked and canoed, ate too much and came home exhausted and happy.

Back to reality today. Didn't weigh myself this morning - I can tell by my girth that the news wouldn't be good. Will get back on the healthy eating bandwagon and hope that all the exercise counted for something!

This weekend was probably our last mini vacation for a while. Kinda sad, but I guess it can't all be fun and games.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hiya Susan,
Nothing much here. DP is sitting on a boat about 100 miles off the coast of alaska doing some exciting sampling. The dog, cat and I are holding down the fort. In her latest email she says that she can handle this coastal oceanography, it sure beats sitting at the equator.

I spent a good part of the weekend canning, cleaning out years of tube socks, organizing and gardening. I have no big plans this week but to get my life more organized and finish up a bunch of work projects. I have no desire to go anywhere for the next few weeks, but we'll talk in a few okay?

Sounds like your trip was a blast! Its fun to do outdoor things with one's better half.

Okay, off to do some work.

lala
Old 09-09-2002, 03:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Saturday was basically a blur in terms of things going on. I worked at WW in the morning, had the oil changed in my car, headed to DH's rugby game, from there went to a 50th birthday party...phew! I did well eating wise though so that's a good thing. Sunday was spent getting caught up on laundry and some odds and ends. The weather is still really hot here and I've put off doing the tomatoes until Wednesday when the temps cool down.

Susan Sounds like you had a great time. I know what you mean about being able to tell about the weight without getting on the scale. The heat & humidity really plays with my weight; my rings are tight again.

Lala: I wish I could get DH to clear out some of his collection of shirts/socks...one of these days I swear his dresser is going to explode. When you get a chance don't forget to post the salsa recipe. I'd love to put a few jars up this year

Not too much else happening around here. I'm finally getting caught up with the grade stuff that I've been working on. I'll be even happier once the first of October rolls around
Old 09-09-2002, 07:36 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa- here is the recipe I use.

Zesty Salsa
From Shirley

10 C. chopped, seeded, peeled, cored tomatoes (about 6 lbs.)
5 C. chopped and seeded long green peppers (about 2 lbs.)
5 C. chopped onions (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
2 1/2 C. chopped and seeded hot peppers (about 1 lb.)
1 1/4 C. cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. cilantro, minced
3 t. salt
1 t. hot pepper sauce (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot, adding hot pepper sauce, if desired. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 6 pints.
NOTE: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.
Source: Ball Blue Book
Old 09-10-2002, 05:57 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It was a busy weekend trying to get my new place together. Little by little it is feeling more like home and less like box city.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:49 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Good morning all!

Because of the play I'm in, my weekend was mostly spent at the theater. I did get to the beach once and it was wonderful. There was a good breeze coming off the ocean. Although I am sad when those tropical storms do so much damage, they do give us nice breezes and the surfers love the waves.

I'm still waiting to be interviewed for a WW receptionist position. We'll see.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #7  

Hi everyone! I am trying to stay awake here at my desk this afternoon. Our temps plummeted over night to a cool 62 today. What a difference from the high 80's and 90 that we've been experiencing the past week. I'm not complaining though because I'd much rather have these kind of temps rather than sweating to death.

Lala: Thanks for posting the recipe. I learned the hard way the first time I stuffed hot peppers that you need to wear gloves.

Myra: You'll have things out of boxes before you know it. It's overwhelming at first but once you get done you'll feel good.

Domina: Did you ask your leader about being a receptionist? I went through training for about 3 weeks.

Overall things are starting to calm down just a little. I'm feeling a little better about getting things cleared off of my desk. The bad part is that everything was hitting at one time and I wasn't sure which end was up. I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting things cleared up. I was happy with my weigh in today as I was down almost a pound. Woohoo! I'll take it.

Catch everyone later.

Last edited by MelissaL; 09-11-2002 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:51 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I actually had a great WI today -- I lost 1.2 lbs. despite everything I've been going through and the numbers at the bottom of my post are really my stats. Just 10.2 lbs. to go to goal.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:36 PM   #9  

Myra -

YOU GO GIRL!!! THIS IS AWESOME.

This is just great. Wahooooooooo.

Patch
Old 09-11-2002, 07:57 PM   #10  
si, si signora

HI everyone.

Good on ya myra! Are you feeling better?

Nothing going on here. No motivation today to do anything. I don't think its related to 9/11. Its just being tired.

On a good note, I dropped off a goodly pile of gack at goodwill and another pile of blankets, towels and airline amenity kits to a teen homeless shelter. That felt really good.

Well, off to figure out why nothing is working at work.

oh, I'm reading Susan Hermann Loomis' book "on rue tatin" and it has some amazing recipes. One, for stuffed tomatoes looks like it could be points friendly. I may have to give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow. Like Melissa, I have tomatoes coming out my ears.

lala
Old 09-12-2002, 07:21 AM   #11  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa and Myra--great job!

Melissa, I'm still waiting for my phone interview to be a receptionist. I think there was a paperwork holdup; I'll hear soon.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:26 PM   #12  
si, si signora

hey all.

domina- hopefully you'll get the receptionist job.

nothing doing here, i'm just excited to have the speediest new workstation on the block. dual processors are the king!!!

however, i am in the midst of futzing with proposals, so i'm not doing anything but word processing on this puppy right now. Nex t week, that will be different.

Yikes, I'm still the cleaning and organizing demon. I am not amused at the fact we had a rodent visitor sometime this spring in our basement. I'm debating traps, a zapper or something else. I just don't want to deal with it. However, my basement storage area is looking pretty nifty.

My skirt is tight, but I'm thinking that clean living will be something we'll be doing for a while.

Hope everyone is doing swell. Off to the bank for an errand.

lala
Old 09-13-2002, 08:12 AM   #13  

Happy Friday everyone!!!

This week has gone by pretty fast. I'm getting through the piles on my desk and am feeling pretty good about that. I just wish the boss wouldn't keep bringing more stuff out. It will get done. My goal today is to get the rest of this correspondence/report stuff off my desk so I can leave a "clean" desk for a change.

Myra: Woohoo! Good for you on the weight loss!

Lala: I'm jealous. I wish my house were organized. I've been trying to weed things out and I swear more stuff appears.

My tomatoes are caught up for right now although I'm sure I'll have more to can in the next few days. I have to say there's nothing like fresh canned tomatoes in January/February! The temps here have cooled off considerably and we still haven't had any rain. The forecast is calling for a chance on Sunday but not enough to hydrate the ground. They're saying the trees won't be as colorful this year because of the drought.

I'm getting my hair trimmed at lunch time today and am looking forward to it. Not too much else happening around here. Weekend won't be as busy as last weekend. I'm working at WW in the morning, pick up the kids at bowling and then head to hubby's rugby game. The temps should be comfortable for watching the game.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:30 PM   #14  

Happy Friday everyone. Don't know where the week went, but I'm not complaining.

What looked like a fairly free and relaxing weekend is starting to fill up. We're going to a TGIF get-together after work, then off to see Bowling for Columbine which kicks off this year's film festival, then out to dinner with my sister after the film. We've been invited to dance a local yacht club tomorrow nite. I guess we'll go, altho I'm not all that excited about it. Won't know anyone except for the guy who has invited us. Sunday is free though. Maybe I'll get to read my book.

Congrats to Myra and Melissa on the loss. I'm not going anywhere near a scale for the foreseeable future; I know it will just depress me. I can feel the spare tire around my waist growing, and no end in sight for my injured foot which has prevented me from running for over a week. I can't believe that a short, 30-minute walk in the wrong shoes has wreaked such havoc. Never again.

In any event, I'm really up for another of Patch's challenges. I'm gearing up for Oct. 7th!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Susan
Old 09-13-2002, 03:58 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
I'll chime in for a stress free fun weekend! So, everyone have one.

lala
Closed Thread