Old 04-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.6/237/155

Height: 5'5

Wink Zumba

Okay ladies, I am new to 3FC but I am very excited. Already, I spend hours on here looking at everyone's lives, struggles, journey with this weightloss and I am MOTIVATED.
I have been hearing about this ZUMBA dance class/workout session since I had my baby in October 2009. I avoided it because I am STILL scarred from Tai-Bo fad (circa 1999) that I won't even take a kick-boxing class . I did an hour of salsa dancing at my local Mexico Lindo and I lost major poundage (not sure if that is a word) and it gave my body the boost that it needed to get into action for shedding pounds. For weeks now, I noticed the pounds coming off slowly with watching how I eat but when I added MOVEMENT in my life, I am seeing better results and I LOVE IT!!!!. I looked at a blog that mentioned ZUMBA and how much fun it was. I did my research and signed up for my first ZUMBA class on April 17, 2010. Hopefully I will LOVE it and STICK to it even with the time restraints of having an infant.
I will keep you all posted about it. So excited about it!:danc e:

Last edited by Kwilliams2424; 04-10-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: misspelled words and
Kwilliams2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #2  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

I have heard great things about zumba- I have a ton a friends who swear by it! I look forward to hearing about your results from it!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #3  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

I took my first Zumba class a few weeks ago with my aunt, I loved it. Even though I lack coordination and rhythm, I had a blast. It was really fun, and I definitely sweat. Enjoy yourself!
LBLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly21 View Post
I have heard great things about zumba- I have a ton a friends who swear by it! I look forward to hearing about your results from it!
I will keep you updated. I am so excited about it, I am making plans to excercise tomorrow when normally I would have made an excuse to lay around and relax before my week begins. =)
Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBLAZY View Post
I took my first Zumba class a few weeks ago with my aunt, I loved it. Even though I lack coordination and rhythm, I had a blast. It was really fun, and I definitely sweat. Enjoy yourself!
I am looking forward to it!!! I will let you know how I like it. I am a dancer in my heart. I cheered in HS and I have coached cheerleading/dance for the last 4 years so I am sure I will LOVE it!!!
BTW I was looking at your progress and it is PHENOMENAL!!! How long did it take you? Congrats and keep up the good work. You are an inspiration!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE Zumba.....I hope you do too. I can do an hour of Zumba and I don't even have to keep track of the time because it makes working out fun........and it kicks my butt....lol I never leave the class with a dry shirt. I will say.....I have found that it depends on the instructor too. I have tried a few different instructors, and even though they were all good, the one that I ended up liking the most was the one that kicks my butt the hardest! lol It has beena godsend for the beginning of my weight loss journey and it is something I can see myself always doing! There are a range from teenagers to grandmas that take the class that I do. I really hope that you like it! Good luck!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreezies View Post
I LOVE Zumba.....I hope you do too. I can do an hour of Zumba and I don't even have to keep track of the time because it makes working out fun........and it kicks my butt....lol I never leave the class with a dry shirt. I will say.....I have found that it depends on the instructor too. I have tried a few different instructors, and even though they were all good, the one that I ended up liking the most was the one that kicks my butt the hardest! lol It has beena godsend for the beginning of my weight loss journey and it is something I can see myself always doing! There are a range from teenagers to grandmas that take the class that I do. I really hope that you like it! Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! I will definitely keep you all updated!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #8  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE zumba too! I started doing it last september and have gone at least twice a week since (seriously, the only class I missed was christmas! Although I can't say it's the reason I've lost so much weight, I know that I wouldn't exercise as much as I do without it! The best part is that in most classes, there are people of all different abilities, sizes, ages, etc. Good luck!
foresmewithlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #9  
Samantha417

random: that's my birthday!! haha

I've been curious to try it, but I have NO rhythm or coordination what so ever. Keep us updated!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Zumba is a great and fun workout! Even though I'm hardly the most coordinated woman in the room, I have such a blast that I don't usually notice the sweat pouring down my face (TMI yes, but true). I think it makes a great replacement for my usual and boring cardio. I hope you love it!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 327/293/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha417 View Post
random: that's my birthday!! haha

I've been curious to try it, but I have NO rhythm or coordination what so ever. Keep us updated!
First off- Happy Birthday!

Seriously, you should try it! I don't have a class near me, but I do a dvd at home. I spend the whole time tripping over my two left feet, but since I'm alone I don't mind. It's fun! Maybe by the time a class opens up here, I will have lost enough weight and gained a bit of grace to not humiliate myself in front of everyone!
christinesefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185.2/163/135

Height: 5'4"

I love, love, love Zumba!!! It is sooo fun and like others have said, it feels less like a workout. It is my favorite way to burn calories. Just remember to have fun and not take it too seriously!
Amandanrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 294/289/170

Height: 5'4

Im SO excited i just got the zumba dvd's offline i didn't feel up to doing the classes right now nor could i afford to, so i figured the dvds were a good options then i can make a fool outta myself in the privacy of my home let us know if you love it or not!! and welcome to 3fc!!!
kimberb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #14  
Hey Goal, Here I Come! ♥

S/C/G: 282/???/160-140

Height: 5'8

I also have the ZUMBA dvds. I figured doing it in my own home, gave me the chance to be more free with myself than i would be in a class. I can have more fun with it that way. Ive done it only twice so far..and stuck to the basics, and 20 min express workout. im thinking of throwing in the 50 mins workout now and see how it goes! =]

Last edited by JackieL; 04-11-2010 at 08:28 PM.
JackieL is offline   Reply With Quote