General chatter - Drivers license photo

View Full Version : Drivers license photo

lilmomma2011
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
So today I had to pull my drivers license out and I saw my horrible picture! It looks like it was taken by the Department of Corrections all i am missing is my inmate number!! (lol) I also noticed that I am due to have a new license made in August, my goal is too look less prisonerish and more diva-ish (i think i made those words up). My face looks really pudgey in this old picture. It's funny how you can find motivation in the oddist places!! Have a great weekend!

Onederchic
04-10-2010, 07:32 PM
DL pics suck :(

Here is mine when I weighed 330 pounds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/shelspray/omg.jpg

CyndiM
04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Vermont lest you keep your old license so I have a before and an after license :)

Onederchic
04-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't have an after license because well, just because I haven't gotten mine renewed but I have lots of after pics :p :D

mmiller2829
04-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I just would like to FINALLY tell the truth on the weight question. I've lied and said 165 since I was 16. LOL

Onederchic
04-10-2010, 07:47 PM
My license is from TN (though I now live in NY) but anyway, they don't put weight on your license in TN(not where I lived anyway).

mmiller2829
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I live in OH. At one time I weighed close to 400 lbs. When I said 165 the little size 2 girl behind the counter just snickered. I just crepted away...

Onederchic
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Awww *HUGS*

Once when I had an out patient surgery, the nurse came in and asked for certain info, one being weight, for medication dosage I am thinking, and I said 105..I prolly was around 200 pounds at the time lol :|

Viviane
04-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I live in OH. At one time I weighed close to 400 lbs. When I said 165 the little size 2 girl behind the counter just snickered. I just crepted away...

Aww...what a witch! The medial assistant at my doctor's office did something similar when she took my weight, I gave her the dirtiest look I could and she blushed. It took everything I could not to punch her!

My license has said 125 since I was 16 and still does! I don't know why they still require it or let you self-report if nobody's is accurate. I'd like to put my actual weight on my next renewal. Hmmm...that could be a mini-motivator.

Morgan03
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know why they still require it or let you self-report if nobody's is accurate.

Shhhhhhh!!!! Don't give them ideas. If DMV ever gets the budget they just might install scales right where you take your picture ;)

But I assume most cops quickly learn to mentally add a minimum of ten pounds whenever they see a woman's driver's license.

Smiling_Sara
04-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I just would like to FINALLY tell the truth on the weight question. I've lied and said 165 since I was 16. LOL

haha....yep. mine has said I was 180 since I turned 17. I wasn't even 180 then, more like 210.

Elladorine
04-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I was 285 when I lied through my teeth about being 260 for my last license. I got all excited a few months back when I realized it wasn't a lie anymore . . . and it's kinda cool that I'm under it now. I wonder if I'll be able to be truthful the next time I renew. :lol:

SalaamDementia
04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I lied when I got my license when I was 16, I was probably around 240 and told them 220. I'm edging closer to my weight being true on my lisence, which will be awesome!

Its the picture for my work ID that blows my mind. Its a bad shot, but my face just looks so huge. Its odd that I actually looked like that.

amhoffy
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
One of my wake up calls that I needed to lose weight happened from my drivers license. I weighed about 150 in high school, lost weight afterwards, and by the time I was 21 I stayed between 127 and 135. It was very hard to maintain, but the picture on my license actually turned out good and I listed 135. Fast forward a few years and I found myself at 180. I have a South Dakota license but I was going to school in Colorado, so the bouncers looked extra at my ID all the time. One night a bouncer said "wow, you used to be hot! What happened?" I wanted to go home and crawl under the covers and eat a whole jar of peanut butter and marshmallows.

My ID is up for renewal this November. My goal is to be able to say 135 and not lie, and hopefully rock that photo booth.

summerheart
06-09-2010, 01:15 AM
I've had the same license since I turned 16! I was heavy at 16 so in my picture, I'm a chub. Then I lost a lot of weight and nobody believed that it was my license. I actually had someone tell me, "This is not you." I said, "Yes, it is!" and he said, "No, it's not!" So I had to recite my address and birthday to him without looking. Now I'm even heavier now than I was then so I'm sure people still don't believe it's me!

mojojojo
06-09-2010, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=fatarnp;3241683]So today I had to pull my drivers license out and I saw my horrible picture! It looks like it was taken by the Department of Corrections all i am missing is my inmate number!! (lol)

I can relate... I feel exactly the same way about mine :p!

goodforme
06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
In my pic I look like I just ate a bug. Apparently they snapped before my smile got all the way up, and I look like I'm grimacing :p or ate something nasty!

On the other hand, it was taken just before my 30th birthday, my hair was extremely short, I weighed about 180 and now I have different glasses. When I get carded (happens ALL the time) people think I have a fake ID!!:o

I can't wait until the weight is true on my license again. Can't renew until just before my 40th bday, plenty of time!

jigglefree
06-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I think my license says 210. I know I was heavier than 210 when I got it. I haven't been 210 since I was a freshman in college...1983. I can't wait til the summer is over because I will be asking if I can get a new picture and change my weight or I will just say I lost it and pay for a new one. It's not up for renewal til 2015 and I want to have a hot picture on my license.

sotypical
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
My photo isn't that bad; almost nice.
It also say I weigh 145 pounds! Someone was being nice I guess or I REALLY lied when I got it. hahaha

AND hopefully tomorrow I will get a new one (if I pass my road test).

effie12
06-09-2010, 04:52 PM
My current drivers license picture is from when I was sixteen, I look like an elf, haha. I listed 140 as my weight and probably weighed around 145 at the time. Not too big of a lie, right? I have to get a new one in February and even though they usually just put the same weight down no matter what, believe you me that I will be changing my weight! I should be at my goal by then and I feel like there is no reason to be adding pounds to myself on an id!

My old passport picture was the worst, though. 90 degrees, 90% humidity, broken air conditioning in the post office where my picture was being taken. You do the math. I am secretly really glad I lost it. And then there is my school id (so glad it follows me through all four years). I look like a convict. Even my advisor laughed when she saw it.

cocomama
06-12-2010, 05:07 AM
my license pic always catches me with my eyes half open lol! Thats the one im stuck with for the next 10yrs hehe!

fivestone
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
My current passport and license both have the same picture (and no weight listed). I look OK in them, only a little pudgy, but nothing hardcore.

But I got my old passport when I was at about my heaviest and had an awful haircut to boot. So whenever I went through checkpoints on it last year (a good 50 pounds lighter, with a really nice hairstyle), the checkpoint officer would look at me, look at the passport, then look at me and the passport again. He would then turn to the officer next to him, point to my passport and mutter something, and then finally stamp my passport as he shook his head. I was sooooo glad when I finally got a passport that matched more closely with how I looked at the time. But hopefully in a few months, I'll look like the skinnier younger sister of the person in my passport photo! ;)

seabiscuit
06-22-2010, 05:11 AM
don't feel bad- my old DL photo, I looked like I was drunk! Well who wouldn't after waiting 3 hours in the 90 degree heat!

bama girl
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I got my license when I was 16 and very, very skinny (around 100), but Tennessee has graduated licenses, so I got a new unrestricted one when I was 18 and probably around 145-150. It may well be the only good license photo in history. Somehow my face looks pretty thin, I don't look (too) drugged, and I had a normal looking smile and decent makeup and a tan. I did, however, have platinum blonde hair as I went through a phase in high school where I hated my red hair and bleached the crap out of it.

The only problem is that it doesn't look like me now AT ALL, and down here in Alabama, people look at my out of state license and think it's a fake when I get carded for things like allergy meds and 19 and up bars (yeah, you're a minor until you're 19 here. What the heck?). To that, I have to ask, if I were going to get a fake ID, why would I get one that says, in a huge red bar around my photo, "Under 21 until 04-17-2011"? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Haha...

ScarletBloodDoll
06-26-2010, 11:52 PM
I recently had my first ever DL/Permit photo taken - I listed my weight as 200 lbs. I thought I looked amazing - I ended up looking like a bloated chola, I think all I was missing was a bandanna.
Of course, once I get to 200 lbs. that DL/Permit is going to conveniently go missing.

Paramedic
06-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Oi, I don't even think I cool dare to look at my driver's license. I ended up getting mine around 18 and that was probably around the heaviest I've ever been.

It doesn't help at all that I'm always very awkward in pictures that aren't taken by myself, so it kind of looks like I'm half awake and possibly drunk. :o Oh well, it'll serve as a good look back when I manage to lose more weight.