Old 04-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default Losing too quickly?

I'm a little bit of a compulsive weigher, I weigh in every morning and evening, just because I'm curious to see what my body is doing, I only ever record on tuesdays and take everything else with a pinch of salt (I've grown to know my body's rhythms and it's comforting).

But I've noticed the numbers are coming down a lot quicker than usual. I'm a little concerned that I'm doing something wrong? I've only really been properly back on plan for two weeks since falling off the wagon for a month, then half heartedly following WW for the month of March. I'm also back to drinking 2+ litres of water a day, which I missed out on when I wasn't really on plan. My points also went down by one a day this week (22 a day instead of 23).

I guess I've just kind of explained it to myself, but I guess I'm looking for a litle reassurance from someone to tell me this is ok and it'll settle down. I've done fad diets before and they never last... I'm just a little worried that these larger losses are something I'm doing wrong and that I'll start gaining when I correct my mistake... but I can't think of anything I'm doing wrong.
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't do WW but each time I start/restart (eek) losing weight it drops off rather quickly at the start and tapers off to a more 'normal' pace after a few weeks/months.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, but keep track of it.

I know for me when I start back on a program, be it weight watchers or whatever, I lose a bunch the first week, sometimes the second week, and then my weightloss will stablize a bit with either no loss or a small gain for the next week and then have steady losses until I hit my first plateau around the 3rd month or so.

Every doctor I've ever discussed weight loss with has told me it's normal to lose over the 2lbs recommended during the first weeks but that after that I shouldn't plan on losing more than 1-2 lbs a week. But everyone's a little different.

So, I would keep track but only be worried if you don't start stablizing. Good Luck!!
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Thanks for the reassurance I'm sure I'mmaking a fuss over nothing, plus I just got my period, so that always does weird things to my body!
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #5  

The last time I was on WW I lost a bunch the first week. It usually slows down as you go along. Weighing yourself too much will make you crazy LOL. From what I know, first thing in the morning before you do anything, go to the washroom (#2 if possible). After that is when you weigh yourself, no clothes, before shower or drink or food. That is your lowest weight for the day. I am starting up on WW again today and have set a once a week weigh in to track. I know it will drive me nuts wanting to weigh myself more, but i'd like to be surprised at a larger number, rather than a pound or 2 here and there.
jesi74 is offline   Reply With Quote