Old 04-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default Diet pills?

I have been to a Diet Dr a few years ago and had good success. Only to gain back my weight after my son was born. I am thinking about going to a different doctor closer to my house and honestly, a less expensive one. It is only $79 a month for the ov, app suppressant (phentrimine) and a daily vitamin.
My question is...does anyone else here get app suppressants? Is it like I am cheating? I am tired of being fat and I am tired of being hungry and I am tired of dieting. I know there is no quick fix, but is it wrong to want a little help?
Thoughts please.

Last edited by nassmom; 04-09-2010 at 04:52 PM.
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #2  

I just saw my post and it is NOT supposed to say DIET PISS!!!! I meant DIET PILLS!!!! I tried to change it and it would not work!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

LOL - I fixed it for you
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
LOL - I fixed it for you

Thank you!!! So embarrassing!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #5  

HA! I saw it before it got changed and clicked on it. I thought, "What in the world?"

Glad it got fixed.

As for pills, I have tried many of them. Only Phen/Fen combo ever really worked for curbing appetite for me, but none really worked long term as they didn't deal with the real issue.....I don't eat because of hunger, I eat just because!

I will no longer take them.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #6  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I'm very wary of diet pills because of the side effects/recalls. I've tried a few over the years and then always seemed to be terrified when they get recalled and you hear about organ failures as side effects. Latest scare was hydroxycut...

I agree with Dawn415, you have to deal with the deeper issues or the weight will just come back. I stress eat, I binge eat, I eat just 'cause it's there. I've had to stop doing that and take a look at why. I found that while taking care of my DH and DS's, I've totally neglected me. I somehow got the idea that I wasn't worth the trouble of eating right and exercising. I am worth the trouble! (And so are you!)

I've vowed off the diet pills and alot of artificial sweetners, etc. It's taken a bit longer to lose the weight this way, but I'm alot more confident that it will stay off.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I took them, phentermine to be exact, had great success, lost 100 pounds. Went off of them because i was at goal and my blood pressure was always high. Now...i have gained back the 100+ some, having to start all over and unfortunately, they had a perminant effect on my blood pressure, it stays high now, the doc said "yeah, they can do that"...wish i would have just steered clear of them. It was great to lose 100 pounds, not so great to put it back on, since i never addressed the root of the problem. And of course, every body told me, "you will just gain it back" i thought, hmmm, not me! But sure enough, put it right back on. I learned that hard way, that it is best to do it "the hard way". ;-)
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #8  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

My Ex took diet pills.. and he ended up getting a soft liver.. Which is really awful... and if you taking any other meds be careful.. because they mixed with his other meds.. and it caused him to blackout while driving and get in a accident.. I would personally just stay away from them... people think they work because You still have to change the way you eat and work out...
very scary
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree to look for the root of WHY you are always hungry, could you be someone who has insulin resistance issues and therefore need to be more conscientious of your food choices? Or could you be eating out of boredom or an emotional eater?

I found out that part of my overeating was boredom and the other part was fatigue from my sleep apnea- since then I've taken up more hobbies AND been working closely with my doctor and am on medication to help (not diet pills).
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #10  

Thanks for all of the replies!! I have actually decided to re-join the gym!!! My son is old enough now to go to the kids room and I am really excited about it!! At least I will feel like I am doing something for me. Even if it does not help me lose, I know it gives me more energy. And who could not use more energy???
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I'm proud of you for making that decision.

I, too, am tired of being fat, tired of dieting, and tired of being hungry. I started with trying to cut out artificial / processed stuff from my diet. It ended up that I ate more veggies that way, lowered my sugar cravings and hey - lost weight! I also end up way "fuller" than before.

This has to be a lifestyle - not a "diet".

Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote