Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Oooooh Jillians!!!!!! :D

I started counting calories on Monday and messed up 2 of the days so far Yesterday it was pizza at my kids school for a class they had and today...I just ate a small bag of doritos...ACCCCCK! I'm starving, I have a headache and cramps. I want food!!! Help! LOL
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

You can eat a lot of healthy food while counting calories. I'm just curious what are you eating? How many calories are you eating? You might not be eating enough. I have slipped off my plan a few times, but not really due to hunger.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

That's what I was thinking - I mean if I workout like a mad woman, I will be hungrier, but calorie counting is the only thing that keeps me sane.

At your weight, depending on your activity level, you could be consuming 1600-1800 calories a day and still loose a pound a week or so.

Just a thought.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #4  

during my TOM hungry or not, i want to eat every dorito in sight. I feel your pain. maybe get some carrots, they'll help give you that crunch you may need.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you are genuinely hungry you need to eat- just make better choices. At my work when they have parties with food I can't eat I stay away.

Yesterday was a big meeting and some people decided to bring food. I freaked when I saw plates of muffins and chocolate croissants! I was able to go to the nearby liquor store and get a hard boiled egg and an apple for the meeting and LUCKILY my coworker said that someone had brought hard boiled eggs and fruit- I was soooo relieved! Someone also brought an egg casserole that I tried that was DELICIOUS!

Check your calories- you might need to eat more nutrient dense foods.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #6  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Sparkpeople is saying 1200-1500 a day and I'm trying to stay near the lower end but I think its TOM throwing me off
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Quote:
Sparkpeople is saying 1200-1500 a day and I'm trying to stay near the lower end but I think its TOM throwing me off
IMO less is not more when it comes to calorie counting. We don't have to starve to do this. Keep in mind that I am very active but I'm eating 1600-1700 cals a day and losing an average of 1.5 lbs per week. Now all our bodies are different and I realize that not everyone can eat that many cals and lose, but if you can please do, your metabololism will thank you.

That said, for me durning TOM it doesn't matter if I'm eating 1600 cals or 3000 cals I still have MAJOR muchies, cravings and am hungry ALL THE TIME. All I can say is that you just have to hang in there, sometimes I just can't and I have to endulge, but remember tomorrow is a new day. You don't have to be perfect 100% of the time to do this, I've had MANY slips along the way, but I always get back up and dust myself and move forward and it's working and it will work for you to. Good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

At 220 lbs 1200 calories is too little for you. Remember you need to eat to lose weight. And at your weight if you are also exercising AND eating 1200 calories you are creating even more of a deficit.

At 220 lbs your body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain (this is the 100 calories for every 10 lbs). To lose weight the rule I followed from my trainer is eat 75% of what you need. This is enough to lose weight and have enough food. So in your case you can eat 1650 calories a day to lose weight. This isn't set in stone but this clearly shows you need more than 1200 calories- and your body screaming to you it's starving is also proof you need more calories.

So like I was saying you need 2200 calories a day to maintain right- well so now you eating 1200 is giving you a deficit of 1000 calories- then if you are exercising also your body is basically starving so it's holding onto your fat. And eventually if you continue to eat very little your body will canabalize your muscles (which you need to burn calories) instead of your fat.

I don't know if you watch Biggest Loser but last week they explained how when you don't eat enough your body doesn't get enough of the nutrients it needs so that you can burn more fat.

Try eating 1500 calories a day at least for now. I know it sounds like a ton, but filling yourself up with plenty of lean meats, good carbs, veggies, and fruits (not too much fruit), nuts, and so on will help you not to binge and lose control. There are some calories that are better than others. IE one hard boiled eggs (92 calories) vs. a 100 calorie snack pack- the egg is a million times better.

Also - spread them out- 3 meals and 2 snacks, or 6 small meals, or whatever works for you. I do breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner, each night Preparation is key! Don't get caught without something or you'll reach for the bad stuff.

I eat around 1300-1500 a day and lose about 1 pound a week.

Good luck.

Last edited by beerab; 04-09-2010 at 05:22 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Remember too that just because you slipped up and ate Dorritos, you can still get back on track for the rest of the day.

Sometimes just eating a piece of fruit will spike your blood sugar levels and help you feel more full.

I agree with the rest - you probably aren't eating enough calories. I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks while eating around 1500 calories per day (but during that 8 weeks if I had a bad binge day, I would only eat about 1000 calories the day after to make up for it).

And listen to your body, if you feel starving, you need to feed your body. Just make healthy choices. And eat some healthy fat - with every meal - it helps you feel satisfied.
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote