Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/199/165

Height: 5'5

Cool Scared of the Scale

Hello everyone, I am struggling with a tiny issue and was wondering if anyone could lend a little advice.

So i've been at this diet and excersie for about 3 weeks now, I've been working out and eating great. I can see a difference, feel a difference and all my clothes are baggy on me. Also my boyfriend said last night how great I look when I was changing in front of him. WHich always makes me feel great.

Now that I have this high, and people can see and have been making compliments I cant bring myself to get on a scale. honestly I still haven't bought one since I weighed myself at the doctors last month. I'm scared it will say nothing has happened, and it will be discouraging.

So how did anyone else handle this, if anyone handled this in the begginning of their journey? Thanks for listening!
springlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Each one is different and you need to do what is helpful for you.

For me denial about my weight (no weighing) and calories (no measuring of recording) caused me to gain 12# over 18 months eating very moderately (one plate, no snacks, no seconds, no sweets for the vast majority of the time). That is only 77 extra calories that my body did not need each day. This time around (I have lost successfully with almost every diet tried except this past one) I needed blunt honesty about how my body reacts with food.

I am also an engineer and DH is a physicist , so I like the numbers and analysis. So it is up to you to decide what is your fit.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  

Who cares what the scale says? If you look great and feel great, and other people are noticing too, then you are obviously doing something right. Don't let a stupid number on a scale get you down!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote