Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Kale?

View Full Version : Kale?

PammyFl
04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
We are growing Kale in the garden and I have heard so many good things about it, but not really sure how to cook it... Suggestions or ideas?

mammasita
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
KALE CHIPS!!!

http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=50c7b66939ea71251aa7c7a5fed60a 2b&topic=16634.0

I add chili powder (Ive said this numerous times LOL - yummy!)

astrophe
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Treat it like you would spinach -- soups, quiche, stir fry, whatever.

A.

Jane
04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Kale chips are so good, even the grandkids ask for them! I make mine like this:

Place cooling racks on cookie sheets. Using whatever size bunch you have, remove the stems of kale, leave pieces whole, and coat sparingly with EEVO in a large mixing bowl. Spread leaves on cooling racks, do not overlap. Sprinlke with sea salt. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Crisp and very good!

Natasha629
04-09-2010, 06:18 PM
We are growing Kale in the garden and I have heard so many good things about it, but not really sure how to cook it... Suggestions or ideas?

I just cooked Kale for the time just the other day, and it was delish!
First I toasted some sesame seeds in a frying pan. Remove from pan.
Heat 2 Tsp olive oil and saute 2 minced cloves of garlic(1-2 min) Add 1/2 sliced red onion and saute for couple more minutes. Add small bunch of kale with stems removed and torn into bitesize pieces. pour 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth into pan. Cover and let cook for 4-6 minutes or to desired tenderness.( I like it with a little more bite) When done, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, sea salt, and couple teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Oh, and sprinkle with sesame seeds!

koceank29
04-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Kale freezes very well so if you grow a lot don't fear freezing it. Also, it actually can help to freeze it if you plan on sticking it in a smoothie.

Have fun, its sooooo good!