Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Default Daily weighers and TOM

For those of you who weigh yourselves daily, how does your TOM gain come on? Do you weigh one day as your "normal" weight and then the next day step on the scale and you're up 2 pounds (or whatever)? Or, do you gain in small increments throughout TOM? Like be up .4 one day, then up .2 from that the next day??
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #2  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I am a daily weigher and my weight is typically all over the place due to swelling in my back after exercise (health issues) I do find that I usually start gaining about 5 days before TOM. Around this time I will experience intense cravings for greasy and salty junk food. I will even crave chocolate which is so weird because I have never been a fan of sweets, especially after becoming a t2 diabetic. I am always sure to have a supply of sugar free hard candy available for those days I usually see a one pound gain for a couple days then it will increase to 2-3 pounds throughout, and for several days after my 10 day cycle. For myself, I really only have a good week and a half of down time where my true weight shows. I try to avoid the scale during TOM if I can because it's just a set up for disappointment. It is always great to see a new lower number when it's all over with though. It's kind of like a reward for the nasty stuff us women have to put up with
It's interesting to see how TOM effects people differently as well.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been daily weighing and tracking for all that long, but at least for the last couple of months, the extra weight came on over about 2 days, and then took about 2 days to go away.

I consider anything in the .2 or .4 range, maybe even .6, to be just normal daily fluctuations and unless I see a continuing trend of going up and staying up, I don't really see it as a gain. Even though I am weighing and tracking daily, I still look at week over week stats to see the bigger picture.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm atypical in that I'll gain maybe a pound the first day of TOM, but then about a week AFTER, I'll gain 2-3 lbs. and hold on to it for a few days to a week.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote