30-Somethings - Week of September 08

View Full Version : Week of September 08

KarenK
09-08-2002, 10:07 AM
Good Morining Ladies. Peanut has me up early because I have to pee all the time!! (See, I'm getting better about this!) I also got some sleep last night and that helps. My allergies and sinuses have been VERY bad and, of course, I stopped all meds. My eyeballs feel like they are going to pop outta my head! :) I've lost 7 1/2 pounds in the past two weeks. I hope that is OK with Peanut. RR/Lauren?

LA: Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. You must have worked that bagel off!!

DH is starving so I gotta go try to make breakfast. The smell of cooking food makes me nauseated. I don't throw up, just feel yucky. We are supposed to go out to dinner tonight with DH's boss. Just thinking about it is making me queasy!!

RoadRunner
09-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Good Morning!!!!

Karen-I dont know your pre-preg weight but loosing is ok if U had a little extra there...I was about 8 lbs over my weight range after the last pg, soo I have gained every time...I am up 8 lbs but sure it will be at least 5 more this month..She thinks I should be up at least 15-20 now that I am 6 1/2 months but never fusses!!!I was up last night peeing also...We should chat!!!:dizzy: Ms Priss sits on the bladder and rolls around and jumps on it all night when I try to sleep on my left side like U R suppose to, so I just have to give in and sleep on the right side and she rests...The nausea-really bad for me in the evenings from the 3rd week until the 14th week...Maybe the difference in boy and girl babies???????Do U have any other children?????Congrats!!!!!

I took the S-Kids to the water park all day yesterday..With that Tropical Depression visiting in the Gulf, the weather was nice and cool..No sun at all...I was pooped after 8 hrs though..SD #1 was angry cuz I refused to do any slides...HELLO--WITH THIS ROUND STOMACH OF MINE?????She thought I was being mean....I told DH that this was the last weekend to wear a non-pg swim suit though cuz the sides were bucking the seams!!!!*L*

WEll, must go have my favorite Cream of Wheat!!!!!Hello all!!!!
Vicki :D :D

LBH
09-08-2002, 01:09 PM
Hi All,

RR- My thing the past few days has been my tailbone. Actually, it's not quite, it's just to the left, and sometimes down the back of my left leg, really painful, hurts to go from sitting to standing, and turning in bed is hard too. Is that something in particular, or just where he's sitting? Although he doesn't sit still very long!! Still only feeling flutters, most of the time, but when I use my hands, I can feel where he is. Tried some Blue Stuff (like Mineral Ice) last night, but it didn't do anything. :(

Karen- So I see you're adjusting...he's got a name already...Peanut?! :D The peeing all the time didn't start for me until probably the start of the second trimester!! I seem to be getting symptoms later than most of the people I've talked to! I'm not complaining! Do believe it when they say to eat crackers, or something bland like that in bed, before you get up! If you have OJ first thing, you may wanna skip that for awhile, the acid bothered me. If crackers don't do it for you, try cheerios, they're fairly bland. Don't worry about the 7 1/2 lbs. You're starting out plus sized, and if you can't keep stuff down...or even fathom eating it, then you're gonna lose. Just try to eat whatever sounds good at the moment, don't worry too much about whether it's good for you or not. Once you start feeling better, you can worry about eating better! How is DH doing?? Hopefully he'll be sympathetic to your needs and eat what you can, or cook his own! :)

I was supposed to go to the mall on the Great Bra Search with a friend today, but she can't go now. Asked DH if he wanted to go to Babies R Us, but he got cranky, so I said fine, do your thing. Maybe I will go myself and start registering!! I did start online!

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
09-08-2002, 04:16 PM
hello all.

I do love football season. I'm ready for it to cool off though and seem like fall.

The Swarzbein Principle book I'm reading is very interesting. I haven't really been following it yet because I don't know how to yet. But I definitely intrigued.

We tried the paint samples we bought on a few walls to see if we like the color - and I love it. I'm so excited to get the house painted. Going to get estimates this week.

Lauren - yes I was talking about candy orange slices. Always been a favorite of mine. :ziplip:

LA - sounds like you really enjoyed the concert!

Karen - CONGRATU LATIONS!

RR - a water park sounds fun.

Have a terrific week everyone.

Rabbit:dancer:

On my way to SLIM ;)

Greekgirl
09-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Hello girls!
I had a really slow start this Monday mo as I went to bed yesterday at about 3 am. This because, over a nightcap, I was watching the finals of the world basketball championships between Argentina and Yugoslavia (and did my nails in between hopping up and down on the sofa). This was such a good game, only in extra time did the Yugoslavs win. I then had to call my friends in Belgrade to congrat them, but most of them were out having a party on the streets... My dad left this weekend, so that was kinda sad, my gran cried a lot, but settled down afterwards. I had a very nice day yesterday: I have an English friend who must be at least as crazy as I am, because we decided to go windowshopping in the center of Athens. Here we have no malls, so this was quite an undertake. We had some breaks (went to visit my other gran, who's 96 but pretending to be 69), and a nice coffeebreak in the roof garden of a large hotel while it was raining cats and dogs for 1 1/2 hours, thunder and all, and then we went home again after shopping from illegal chinese and iranian street vendors (jeans for 5$, frilly shirts for 2$). We both like walking, so we did everything on foot and then went walking on home. We left 12.00 from home and arrived 20.00, dragging our feet. We must have walked almost 10 miles or so in between (!!!), so the day was well spent! after that, a hot bath and foot massage and THE GAME. Today, it's been as though it's written on my forehead: "almost" free woman. I've been called for coffeedates twice today, once by an Italian chef (in view of food, DANGEROUS!) and once by an old friend who happens to be nice company and attractive into the bargain. Schedule (up to now for this week: Monday evening: coffee with Roberto the Italian chef, Tuesday evening, field hockey training (That's you question answered Rabbitand RR, ice melts really fast here most of the time, so ice hockey would be a nogo), Wednesday evening Coffee (ok, maybe a drink) with Dimitri, Th and Fri: who knows????
Karen, I'm sorry and happy for you at the same time. I'm not married so I really wouldn't have known what to do if I were PG! I've always been careful, too, and I feel very ambiguous about AB for non-med reasons. Do you have more kids (can't remember if you told me since I joined the thread)? At least everyone reacts positively, that's half of it! hang in there! Hope the nausea goes away fast!

Lauren, never let a Boss from **** bring you down, imagine her in the morning with stinky breath, hair messed up, all smelly and with wrinkled old underwear, and bleary eyed. She looks like this EVERY day...

LA, seems you are having a better time already, glad you had such a wonderful time at the concert, I haven't been to a REAL concert for years! Keep on going like this! B good with the Food Plan, you're doing it for you! How settling in going in the new hood anyway?

This for now, boss is around....

Love to all

GG with-stumpy-but-sturdy-little-treetrunk-leggies-that do GOOD work!!!

Greekgirl
09-09-2002, 09:56 AM
oops, sorry for the book...

Rabbit
09-09-2002, 01:39 PM
hi all. Happy Monday.

I'm so excited about the painting - have a few appt. the next few days with painters. One of them sounds really great.

Tomorrow I'm treating myself to a facial and a pedicure. Excited about that also. :dancer:

I'm working on having more balanced meals as the book I'm reading suggests. And now that I'm letting myself eat protein more often, I'm finding that I stay full longer. Hmmm . . . :chin:

Greek - loved your book! Sounds like you had a very interesting day AND an interesting week coming up.:)

have a great week girls!

Rabbit :flow1:
513.743 miles

On my way to SLIM!

KarenK
09-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Hi all. I went to Curves even though I was *SO* tired after work and it really helps. I was not as tired when I got home. I even made and ate dinner with no problems. Of course, in an hour from now it may be a different story!! :p (it was the only one with a green face!!)

DH was able to discuss baby names last night, his choice of topic not mine. I told him I was no where ready to think about that yet!! :smug:

GG: Sounds like you have an interesting schedule coming up. Hope you have lots of fun.

Lauren: Thanks for the contact info. I'm booked through the 21st. If your available then let me know and I will give you a call to arrange stuff.

Going to hit the showers now, have a great evening.

TechAlum
09-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Happy Monday All -

I wish sweating really did nock off pounds, because I must have sweated a gallon today!! It is not supposed to be 90+ in Sept in Michigan !!!!! :hot: Anyway, I'm home and I'm tired and I don't feel like cooking, so I'm not sure what we're having for dinner when K gets home later :?: .

GG - I don't need to post my journal here I know what the problem is: too much vino not enough veggies and exercise. Your week sounds like fun, enjoy it :) .

Karen - Glad you're getting used to the idea of being PG. Hope the morning sickness goes away soon. Also before peanut arrives make sure you get your puppy used to baby cries. Ours panic when my new nephew starts crying, and Sat. one started to 'grab for' his foot, luckily K was with him and stopped him. I know my sister went to a class about it while she was pg.

LBH - glad you sounded better. I think GG's idea on the boss issue sounds great!

RR - there is nothing wrong with being a Wings fan, and since I played IM hockey in college I can safely say there is nothing wrong with being a girl hockey player. Actually I'd like to play again if I can ever get my happy :censored: in shape.

Rabbit - Sounds like you're getting back on track. Orange slices are yummy, they're one of my favorites also!!!

LA - There are good ones out there somewhere I'm sure, what I've seen is when you're not looking they show up. Glad you enjoyed your concert.

Well, I'm gonna go put my feet up so they'll stop swelling (love being on them all day :^: )

- Tech :tired:

Greekgirl
09-10-2002, 04:05 AM
pooh! the date went flat. I went to pick him up from work (60 yard long sailing yacht), but his boss (really stinky rich greek, nice though) had guests. Went for 1 drink with another friend to Plaka, touristy area, very nice (little fake "traditional" but it's got a view of the Acropolis, and after all, that's what I came here to live for). Did not make the gym. Got home at 01.00, found the place smelling of bacon and commented on it. That was our exiting conversation with BF for the whole day exept for saying Good afternoon when I happened to cross him outside the apt. yesterday after work. Have to get the courage together to REALLY say what I've been putting off so long, OUCH!

The booze was bad quality. Have a slight hangover today although I had only 1 (they distill it in Albania or Bulgaria or smt then import it illegally, so it's really cheap, then put it in bottles with genuine labels, and you don't notice it when you drink it, but afterwards you DO). O well, today's another day, have hockeytraining and will go out with one of the nicest people I know that's not family (a bit like a father).

The saga continues....

Love to all, hang in there Tech!

Vassiliki

Greekgirl
09-10-2002, 04:07 AM
Karen, I keep forgetting to ask: what is Curves? we don't have it here...

RoadRunner
09-10-2002, 06:04 AM
Goor morning!!!

GG--It is soo funny to read your posts...I wish U could take us all out for a night on the town in Greece....Keep dating..there is a Mr Right around the corner from U!!!!

Well..off to the MD today..Hate the weigh in part...Not like WW when U expected a loss..There is always a gain!!!!Chat later..Have a great day!!!
RR

Greekgirl
09-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Thanx RR! Maybe that'll happen one day, you never know!

By the way, girls, whoever is interested in the glycemic index, there is a link to the full complete medically ok version (free!!!!!!) on www.stumptuous.com, you can download it on excel, it's under IRON, then go to EATING, under carbs somewhere. Check the site, too, there's lots to read and see, even if you don't do or even like weights training. The nutrition part is VERY good!

mwah to all again, as you can see it's a slow day....

elisa822
09-10-2002, 08:57 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm still avoiding the scale because I've just been terrible lately but I'm getting slowly back on track - and so's my husband thankfully. We both "feed" off each other so to speak so if we let each other we can both just fall apart. I was feeling so fat yesterday but it's also that TOM so maybe that has something to do with it. I know I just need a few good days to feel like my old self again so I'm sticking with it. I really need to drink my water again, that seemed to really help.

GG - I hope thinks work out with the BF, at least work out however you want it to. I've been to Europe and I know what you mean about that cheaper liquor - they fool you with the labels but I should have known because of how cheap it was.

Tech - it's also been so hot here too but it's supposed to change drastically overnight and get to "normal" which I think is about 70 to 75. I know that is much more pleasant but it also means fall is coming, which means winter is coming - which I hate!

Karen - I'm glad you and your husband are coming around. My husband isn't really into the kids thing either but I'm still hoping he'll change his mind. It's nice that he wanted to talk about names but I also think it's a bit early. That's just me, I'm very superstitious (sp?) about that. Good Luck and I hope you're feeling okay.

Rabbit - a facial and a pedicure - what a great day!!

LA - saw your post about Rick Springfield - I loved him. Saw him in concert I think 3 times when I was around 13 or 14!! I had such a crush on him - still have his album and ticket stubs somewhere and still know all the words to "Jessie's Girl"!!!

Have a great day!
Elisa

lizzard_h
09-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Good morning,
Man, I'm glad yesterday is over. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in the worst mood I've ever been in (I tried to drown my sorrows in a giant strawberry daquiri but it didn't work). Then I warned DH to stay clear and he only made things worse. Now I'm so mad at him. Part of my birthday present was that he was going to take me to St. Pete for a weekend and stay at a nice hotel on the beach - a nice fun romantic weekend getaway. We were also going to spend a day at Busch Gardens. I've been begging to go there for years. A few weeks ago he invited his mom, stepdad and the two grandchildren they are taking care of (8 & 10 years old). I said that's fine I don't mind but I want to spend the day at BG alone with you so we can do our own thing. Last night he had his mom on the phone and was telling her that we are taking the kids with us to the theme park while they stay at the hotel and chill. I got really upset because this was supposed to be "my day" and the kids are kind of high maintenance and DH acts like a drill instructor when we are watching them so I saw our day being spent with the kids saying "I want to go here, I want to go there" meanwhile DH yelling at them the whole time. So I freaked and told him I didn't want them to go with us so he tells his mom "I'm sorry you'll have to tell the kids my wife is selfish and doesn't want to take them". Needless to say I'm still not talking to him and now I don't want to go at all cuz I feel like a #$%@&. He's totally ruined it for me. Why do men have to be so clueless?????????

Okay, sorry about that ranting but I needed to unload -- thank you!!

Today is going much better. I had my 2nd meeting with the PT and we went over my weight training plan for the next 4-6 weeks. On Mon, Wed & Fri she has me doing 45 min medium intensity cardio and then one set of 25 reps of 10 exercises with weights (five lower & five upper). Tues & Thurs I'm doing 20 min intense cardio and 3 sets of 8 of the same 10 exercises. I was always told never to do weights on consecutive days but she says that since I'm not working them to complete exhaustion it's okay. After 4-6 weeks she's going to give me all new exercises. At this point I'm willing to do whatever she tells me and we'll see if it works. She's my age, really cute, in great shape, and the supervisor at our gym so I trust her. What have I got to lose!!! :strong: :dancer: :cp:

We also took my measurements and fat caliper tests again and since January there was an overall loss and she was happy with the progress I'm making. Now when is my fat butt going to fit into those size 10 jeans??? That's what I want to know!!!!:lol:

Oh well...gotta get some work done.
Liz

"You're never stuck unless you choose to be"

Greekgirl
09-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Hey Liz,

Sorry to see you so upset! Never mind the unloading, that really WAS an awful day! Don't let it ruin your BD though. Give them alternatives and explain why you need to be alone with DH. That might cool down things a bit...
Good going with the program and the PT! Just seen how it's working out, everyone has a different routine and preferences, so just see if this works for you!
I also had a very nice quote for today but I forgot, so: Lots of love and support from dis side,

Vassiliki

Rabbit
09-10-2002, 12:10 PM
hello all!

I had one painter here this a.m. so he is working on a quote. Later today I have a faux painter coming and one tomorrow also. It's going to be so cool to have this done.

Yesterday I did a really really dumb thing :nono: - I ate a bunch of oreos. Never should have brought them into the house. :doh:

Karen - You are definitely the curves queen! :queen: ~ It will be fun thinking of names.

Tech - I've forgotten that you are in Michigan. For some reason I was picturing you in the west. Where in Michigan are you? ~ well, I was more on track until the oreos . . .

Greek - bummer about the date! ~ I've read a little about the glycemic index in the book I'm reading but really don't know what it is.

Elisa - yes, I am definitely pampering myself today!:smug:

Liz - I don't get men, you warn them to beware & they just don't always listen!:shrug: ~ Whoops on the BG trip! I'd be upset too. Greek had a very diplomatic idea! ~ Your program with the pt sounds great - cool about your progress!

better go and throw the oreos in the trash!

Rabbit :cookie:

LBH
09-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi All,

I've found myself in an emotional slump that I am having problems pulling out of. The tears just keep coming!! Tomorrow will be no help with all the 9/11 tributes I'll be hearing on the radio, etc., I'll probably be crying all day. DH & I ended up going to BRU to register Sunday. I didn't want him to go with me, because I didn't want to hear his attitude all day, but he cheered up after we got there. I went to Buy Buy Baby with my mom last night and registered for more stuff. Had fun with it.

DH & I got into it a little last night after work, because he really does not want me to go to a midwife. Our appointment is tonight at 7:00. He is worried because it's our first child, and we don't know what we're doing to begin with. He thinks I'm not thinking of what's best for the baby, just what I want. I tried to explain to him that what's best for the baby is for me to be comfortable! If I'm in labor for many hours, not dilating, tired, in pain, etc., the baby is also going to be stressed. A L&D nurse will be checking me, the doctor will come in at the last minute and catch the baby. If I have a midwife, she'll be there the whole time, she'll check me, she'll help me through the pain, give me ideas to relieve it, and deliver the baby. And of course there will be a pediatrition there to check the baby. What if I have the labor from h*ll and decide I can't go through it again?! I told him just come, armed with questions, and if you're still uncomfortable with her after the meeting, I'll stay with the doctors. I know he's got his mind made up. He'll go because I'm "making him", and he may even ask questions, but when we leave, he'll say he wasn't comfortable and stick with the doctor. That just means I'm going to have to make sure I'm completely armed with every pain relieving, labor helping tip out there! For someone who does soo much online research about things, he sure slacked on this one! :( :mad:

Rabbit- What kind of colors have you picked? Is there somewhere we can see samples?! How exciting, I love freshly painted rooms.

Liz- Sorry to hear DH is being a DA (Dumb A$$). There seems to be a lot of that going around these days... :rolleyes: I would feel the same, just cancel the whole darn thing. On the other hand, you're doing GREAT on the weight loss and program! :cp

Elisa- Glad to hear you and DH are getting back on track. That's great that you feed off each other...as long as it's the right way!!

Tech- Keep Cool!

Karen- I admire you for going to Curves! I really need to get my fat butt back there! I'll let you know about my schedule.

Have a great day all!

Juldiet
09-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi all,

Rabbit, sorry about the oreos....I say as my 5 yr old is bringing me 2 m&ms at a time!! UPS had a promo deal where if you ship so many boxes in a certain time then you get a m&m machine (like a gumball machine) filled with brown m&m's.....guess what arrived today!!!!

I keep walking into my hall bathroom - thinking about moving in there!! It was completely redone 2 weeks ago and I love it!
next on the list is DH's bathroom and then the kitchen!

Just got back from the DR. I saw her husband this time, my gosh he is a huge teddy bear of a man and so sweet. I saw him because she is home on maternity leave - they've adopted another little baby gir. He's letting me move up to 1500 mg. a day of the metaformin....maybe I'll start seeing some results in the weight loss area. It does have me regular - BCPills didn't even have me regular.

We're leaving thursday a.m. for my parents, going to leave the kids there while we do a art show in St Louis. We'll be home the following weekend. Then we'll do another 3 in a row. Then we're done till Thanksgiving weekend. We set up a show Thanksgiving day in Cincinnati (last year we shared a hamburger and salad in the hotel bar for our Thanksgiving Day dinner - will probably do the same this year).

Greek: I think I want to come visit you - you sound so fun and I'd love to experience Greece for a few weeks. First I want to go to Iceland - read a great article about it today at the Drs office.

- jul

RoadRunner
09-10-2002, 09:05 PM
Hello everyone...Well the MD visit went good...I am up a total of 10lbs soo I felt better..I gained 3 lbs last month....I now have to go back in 3 weeks and then she will move me to every 2 weeks..Scarey....in 14 weeks I will be a mom!!!! :fr: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I take my diabetes test tomorrow....

Jul--Sounds like you deserved the gum machine...Hang low on the m&m's... Maybe the increase in the glucophage will make a difference!!!!

Lauren--go with your heart!!!If U feel the MW is the best choice do it...It will be a special time in both of your lives and needs to be stress free for both of U....DH asked me to ask the MD today about the chance of Ms Priss being Mr. Priss..MD said no way!!!I giggled cuz she made the doppler jump off my stomach and pushed on the doctor so hard my belly button jumped when she measured!!!Woman with an attitude!!!!! Well, almost an outie now!!!!!:stress:

Funny note--Dh shaved my legs for me and complained that my raizor was dull and crazy...After he finished the second leg..I realized the cap was still on and all he did was waiste the shaving cream!!!!"A" for effort!!!!
RR

KarenK
09-10-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi all. I just got home from the midterm and Yeeoowwssaa!! was it hard. There were four questions I absolutely had no idea about. Oh well, it's done and over!

I am feeling well today. I don't get sick, just nauseous sometimes. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

GG: Curves is a workout place just for women. It's a circuit with aerobic stations and strengthening stations. You go for 30 min three times a week which I am finding it easier to stick with, especially now. I can make myself go when I'm tired because it's only 30 min. They are closed tomorrow and I don't know if I will be able to make it up on Saturday. Can't go Thursday because it's the big Dr. day (finally). Hope your other date works out!!

Liz: Sorry about DH being mean. Maybe he didn't realize how much it meant to you. It was mean of him to belittle you to his parents, I think that deserves a swift kick in the seat. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Rabbit: Just chunk those Oreos in the garbage and start over Miss Slim!! :)

Lauren: Sorry about your DH too. Maybe it's just a contrary men day. Please don't send that my way, mine is being *so* sweet right now!! :)

Vicki: Too funny about the ultrasound! Sounds like she wants to be a football player instead of a hockey player.

Hello to anyone I missed!! I'm gonna go take a nine hour nap now!!

LBH
09-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Hi All,

Well, we went to the midwife. DH had a chip on his shoulder that I'm sure she noticed, but he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. I forgot my list of questions, but asked as many as I could remember. She's the only MW with hospital rights at my hospital. Unfortunately she did tell me that while they are one of the best children's hospitals/high risk hospitals in the state, they don't bother with things like birthing tubs, just showers. :( The more I read about it, the more I really wanted to labor in water, if not have a water birth. Oh well. There is another hospital nearby that we call the baby factory. It's a community hospital that is great if you're going there to have a baby, and I'm sure they probably have the birthing suites and tubs and all that. They also have a bunch of midwives that work out of there. My SIL's sister just had her 9th child there last week, with a midwife!! :eek:

Anyway, DH's biggest concern is that it's her and this Dr., that's it. So what if she's sick, he's sick, something happens and neither can come for delivery?! She said she's never missed an appointment or delivery. She's never had more than one person in labor at the same time, because she's a small practice. And the doctor also. She said they rarely take vacations, they are both always on call, 24/7. DH finds that hard to believe. I believe it, because they're medical professionals, they believe in their jobs. Does that make sense?? I think the way we left it, after we talked last night, was that he wants me to make an appointment to meet the doctor. He said if I'm comfortable with him, then OK. But I told him that if HE's not comfortable with the whole setup, I'm not gonna do it, because I need his 100% support. So now I have to confirm with him what he wants to do.

What do you all think...honestly? Please be blunt with me, if you think I'm nuts, please tell me and why!

Karen- Hope the midterm went OK. I never liked tests in school. Hope you're blessed with mild m/s too.

RR- Glad the appt. went well. I have gained 13.5 lbs. I wish it was less, but I'm not overly concerned about it, because that's not necessarily alot compared to averages. I really need to concentrate on eating healthier though, because I've realized this past week that I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies in. For some reason my mom keeps saying what if Peter is an Emily?! I'm like, well then, I guess I'll be exchanging all those cute outfits for girl clothes!! She's a nut. I don't know if I'd let DH shave my legs!! :lol: I mean, I may be able to get him to polish my nails, he is an artist, but no, I'd rather have hairy ones I think!! :lol: I have no problems doing that still though.

Jul- Careful with that M&M machine!!

Have a great day all!! And God Bless America!!

Juldiet
09-11-2002, 11:16 AM
Lauren, the birthing center I mentioned before has the tubs and water birth option. A lot of people really enjoy that. The birthing suite at my hospital had great showers with benches and water coming at you from several shower heads. It was wonderful and really helped with the lower back labor I had with Weston.

Do the Curves around any of you have evening hours or sat/sun hours? I looked at the one that is only 4 miles from my house and they open at 8 a.m. close at 5 p.m. and are not open sat/sun. What kind of deal is that?? When I exercise its at 7 a.m. or after 6 p.m. My day is too crazy with grinding product, shiping/packing, bookkeeping, homeschooling 2 kids, etc, etc,etc....(oh and housecleaning too). Speaking of housecleaning I told my husband I was considering hiring someone to come help clean - he told me to hire someone to help with the business stuff instead (but thats the part I enjoy - I don't enjoy the housecleaning so we will have further discussions on this).

RR: Thats too funny on your husband shaving your two whole legs before you noticed the guard was on the shaver!!! My husband had to help with that job but not until my 9th month - I said there was no way I'd show up in the labor room with hairy legs. I have two art friends that have gone natural (legs and pits) they claim its cooler - I think 'gross'!!! I'll keep shaving.

Well, the kids are waking up...I must go forth and conquer the day. - jul

215/175(up two again :(/I want to see 169!!!!!by Thanksgiving!!!

Rabbit
09-11-2002, 11:47 AM
hello all.

Today is my first official day of trying a new program. Makes me a little nervous. But I'm tired of ww and think I need a change. Also the book made lots of sense about all the carbs.

Lauren - My kitchen will be yellow, all the main living areas are going from off white to a taupe color (I'm SO tired of all the white walls) and the master bedroom & bath will be green.

Jul - I'm sure the boys :love: that M&M machine! That would be a scarey thing to have in my house. PS - maybe we should all visit Greek!:) ~ Will you be at the Clayton art fair?

RR - Wow :eek: 14 weeks sounds like no time at all!! ~ Funny about dh and the shaving.:lol:

Karen - hope that midterm grade is a good one. Seems a little early for midterm. ~ The oreos are gone.

God Bless America.

Rabbit

Juldiet
09-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Rabbit: no we won't be at Clayton. Do you know that they get 12,000 artist applications every year for that show? Its in the top 10 art fairs in the nation every year as well. We've sent in our 'yearly donation' but keep getting that reject letter from them. Maybe in a few years we'll finally get one of those coveted spots.

KarenK
09-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi all. Nothing new here for a change!! Tomorrow is the big Dr. appt. I will be glad when it is over. I have this fear now that he will say nope, you're not pregnant and there will be something bizarre wrong with me. (Since we told the parents and all!) I have felt good all day and not near as tired.

Lauren: Glad your meeting went well. At least DH seems more open to the idea. I agree that you need to feel comfortable during the whole process.

Rabbit: Since I am in computer school we follow our own schedule, not a normal one! I've only got 6 1/2 weeks left. Yippee!

Jul: Hot showers while in labor? Sounds good to me. I see I have a *lot* of research to do!

OK all, have a wonderful evening. I'm going to see if I can con DH into a foot massage!!

LA Hopeful
09-11-2002, 10:59 PM
hi ladies,

just stopping by to say hello before the big move. movers will be here between 8-9am tomorrow and i've been packing all week. it still looks like i have so much to do! i'm starting to feel a little :yikes:

i haven't had time to keep up with all your posts but i will definitely read them next week. hopefully my dsl was turned on today as promised. i can't do my work without it! i guess i'll find out tomorrow.

hope you all had a great week and i will catch you on the flip side!

RoadRunner
09-12-2002, 06:28 AM
Good Morning!!!!

La-Good LUck on the moving!!!!Dont stress eat cuz of the stress!!!:sp:

Lauren--I am a plain, simple paranoid person who just wants the traditional MD in the hospital birth...I have to many "what ifs" with water births, etc etc...I say go for what U want. Explain to DH this is what U really want and see what he says..I think he just loves his wife and baby and wants everything perfect to take them home the next day...It is the fear of the unknown....WOW...that crazy pure glucose junk made the baby soo wild yesterday and me soo weird shakey the rest of the day..Sure hope I past or I will be drinking 2 bottles next time!! :o

Jul--My stomach is soo tight feeling, I just wonder what the next 14 weeks are gonna do..Honestly...I could have reached the legs but I enjoy whining and he does anything I need!!!:s: :s:

Karen-Let us know about the MD visit!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
RR

Greekgirl
09-12-2002, 08:15 AM
RR, you are always up sooo early! I can't believe it!

Rabbit, when will you be done with the house? it really sounds exiting!!!! Colours are nice too (as I imagine them in my head)

Lauren, try to make plain to DH that the hospital is close by and you always have the option of going there ANYWAY and anytime you feel like it during the birth, so that he doesn't have to worry about the midwife (how was she anyway? nice?). Take it easy on the becoming mom thing, our moms figured it out along the way, too (and they knew a lot less beforehand), so go with the flow and take advice from all the other moms here (Alas, not me)...Too funny about the razor, this actually reminded ME to shave my legs again!

Karen, I got it! so it's a kind of controlled circuit training! What was the midterm about (and what's your subject again?).

Jul, you're welcome to come and visit, and everyone else too. Just take a BIIIG portion of humour with you: Greeks call Greece sometimes : our very own Banana Republic...
Good luck on the show, seems like you are going to be very busy this weekend! try to keep bad snacks in check, take some healthy bars with you or smt, or dump some extra fruit on the back seat of the car...

Greekgirl
09-12-2002, 08:53 AM
OK, here comes the rest (I keep losing posts when they are half-written, did not want to risk it this time!)

Jul, wanna here a joke? they had their first tub-birthing last month in Greece and were SO proud of it! Like it's never been done before...

Rabbit, forgot... keep to the program, we'll help you!

Karen, forgot, good luck at the DR's!!!!!!When I said subject, I meant: programming, processing...???

LA, good luck!

Here things became pretty crazy the evening before yesterday, when boss called me up to go do a job somewhere 170 kms away the following day! So I called a friend for company and went. Got up a 6 (yuk!) left at 7, and it took me a whole hour to get out of Athens, after that, it was a piece of cake. I arrived at a small village and did the job. By 2.30 PM I'd finished so we went to the appartment (happened to be on the way back to Athens) and went for a swim, and we found a fig tree on the way, in the wild (lots of them about, you wouldn't believe it) so we collected figs too (yummy, only the sap makes you itch). It turned out to be a short swim, because it started to rain. I also had a scare, because in the middle of work my ex-BF (at the moment)'s cousin (still followin' me?) called me in a state and I asked if it was urgent she said yes, it's about BF so I thought he was in hospital or smt (we had this really bad fight, well I did, yesterday where I let rip completely and spilled 6 months worth of complaints in about 10 minutes, actually feel like a feather now). So I called him and asked if he was ok, which basically he wasn't psychologically, but all his arms and legs were still on anyway, and then he asked me if we could have a talk like normal people sometimes, which might be a good idea I think.
I came back to Athens after 6 hours total driving at about 19.00 and went straight to the gym to get rid of stress etc: first step-class of the year was on, lots of fun! then to gran to gossip, then to see my old friend. Got home at 01.00 9again). Tomorrow I have to go again to this place, so I'm calling off everyone, am only going to the gym and gran, and think go to bed early (not even have the talk with you-know-who).
By the way, everyone knows greeks are macho's (right?), but also make fun of themselves about it sometimes, so on Tuesday I was doing weights upstairs, using this thingy for your wrists and underarms, so this (nice) guy I know comes along and says in this innocent way: "Do you know what that exercize is good for in women?" So, stupid me: I go like "eh. no?" and he says "for hand wringing out laundry", and we all ended up thinking up hilarious domestic uses of exercizes (biceps in men: only useful for carrying out the garbage, shoulders in men: good for carrying around bags of groceries and women's shopping bags etc). This while I am reminding the guys (some of them these really huge, pumped up, with tattoos and such, but actually very nice and quiet) that they are all MCP's and that they should take care of the grls that do weights and be polite and nice to them because they would only have each other to ogle at if they weren't there...

I do, feel like a 13 year old brat sometimes, y'all think I should grow up and be sensible etc or just stay a leetle crazy?

Have a nice weekend all, and hugs, I'm off to the countryside again (but working)

Vassiliki

LBH
09-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi All,

So Jim sends me an email yesterday AM to tell me he called my mom after I was alseep. (My mom's a nurse, and has lots of contacts at different hospitals). He asked her opinion and if she could find out anything else. (He and my mom get along great, but he's not the type to go asking for help, especially on a matter like this, so he must've been pretty upset/confused about it). Anyway, my mom talked to him for a 1/2 hr., and said she'd call some of her contacts today. So she did and she called him at work to tell him what she found out. Apparently her contact, which was the head of Maternity at one of the hospitals, confirmed pretty much everything the MW told us. She just said to make sure she's certified in accupunture, before we let her do it. I probably won't anyway, because it involves needles...I don't care how small they are!! Mom said that DH felt much more relieved after their conversation, and much better about the prospect of a MW.

The beef I have right now is that his parents live next door to the Dr. that is head of the neonatal unit at our hospital. He wants to ask his mom to talk to him and get his opinion. I disagree with his mom doing it, only because his mom has never given birth. He and his 3 siblings are all adopted and apparently she freaked when he first mentioned that I wanted to see a MW!! I mean, honestly, who is she to know what's best?! My mom was hesitant at first, until she thought about it, and then did some research. She thinks it's the best choice for me now, knowing how I am. And she explained all that to DH. I think she helped him make sense of it, and helped him understand that I personally need the kind of care that a MW would give...personalized, because she's there purely for me...and our baby. I need to feel secure, which will help with the stress, which will help the baby!

Anyway, I think I just need to make an appointment with the Dr. that works with the MW, so we can consult with him too, then maybe DH will be totally sold.

That's my saga for today. Oh, and my car's in for service again, so I may be back whining later!! :lol:

GG- Girl, you have some wild times over there!! Good luck avoiding exDB. Yes, the midwife was nice, she really took the time to listen, I didn't feel rushed. We spent about a 1/2 hr. with her.

RR- I'm not looking forward to the GTT. I hope I pass, because I sure don't want to drink it twice...and even worse, got more needles!! That's a question to add to the MW list...will she be doing the GTT with me? And any other b/w for that matter?

LA- Good luck with the move!! Come back and catch up when you can!!

Karen- Good luck at the Drs. today!! The MW told us that our hospital only has showers, not tubs. Kind of disappointing, but hey, I think any hot water will probably do the trick!

Rabbit- How did the new program go yesterday? I love your color choices! I wish I could paint my whole apt. I had a hunter green BR at my mom's house, with Laura Ashley type flowered wall paper above the chair rail. I loved that room! And I love that taupe color your talking about...if it's the same in my head as your LR!! I would do ours in that color. And the kitchen too! A nice bright yellow kitchen would be really inviting.

Jul- Oh, I hope the hospital has those nice showers with the multiple heads. I'm soo jealous when I watch HGTV and they put those showers in people's houses!! :lol: My SIL was telling me that they closed the birthing center that her sis went to, because of insurance purposes. They considered it too much of a liability. That's why her sis goes to the other hospital (baby factory) with the MW now. They do have the birthing suites there, but they're soo busy with babies that her sis was just in a regular room the whole time! The Curves I was going to started out with just 8-12 and 2-7, until membership built up, then they stayed open all day, then they opened on Saturday from 8-12 and I think finally Sunday 8-12 also. Not sure if they've expanded again.

LBH
09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
OMG!!!

I just got off the phone with the dealership, my freaking car needs front wheel bearings and hubs...at $495.00/ea./parts & labor!!! :eek: :yikes: Plus the darn hazard switch for 145/parts & labor!! :yikes:

The guy is checking to see if my extended warranty will cover it right now. Said he'd call me back...

Where the heck am I gonna find $1200.00 to fix my darn car!! That's a paycheck for me...on a good pay period!! :cry:

LBH
09-12-2002, 01:04 PM
OK, thankfully my extended warranty will cover it!! I was really sweating it there for awhile!!

They will pay 90% of the bill, I have to pay a $50. deductible and tax, plus the 10%. They also said my brake fluid is contaminated and needs to be flushed (something that supposed to be done every 40-50K or something?) So that's another 109.95. I have a coupon for 10% my service/parts bill, so everything will cost about 275., instead of 1200.!! WHEW...

KarenK
09-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi all. OK, it is now official I am 7 weeks pregnant tentative due date 5/1. Mayday baby? If so I would have to give it some fantastic druid/pagan name! Especially if it's a girl. From the research I have done though, I must be having a boy. No m/s, just from last week when I think I made myself sick from the surprise. Since Tuesday I have not even had indigestion. Not that I'm complaining!! I enjoy NOT throwing up.

Greek: I love your posts. I have come to look forward to them. You are always having such fun. I am in school for computer programming and I hate it. :) :) I only have 6 1/2 more weeks to go. Yippee.

Lauren: Whew, I'm glad for you that your car is covered!! Now I have to consider a new car because I have a new Cougar. There's no way I can get to a baby seat in the back of that thing!! I am glad that DH is feeling better about the midwife. My visit today was pretty slam bam thank you mam. My opportunity to ask questions was when he was drawing my blood splayed out on the table with a nekkid butt and all. I was pretty put off by that. His introduction was walking in and saying "Well, 7 weeks pregnant tentative due date May 1st". I was like, hello to you too!

OK, guess everyone is about to puke from all this baby talk. I'll shut up now. :)

Rabbit: Way cool on getting your house painted! I would love to have mine done, but we are working on getting the outside done. Our foundation is peeling BADLY.

Gotta go get ready for school. Have a great evening all!!

Rabbit
09-12-2002, 05:29 PM
wow - we are on page 3 this week!

My first day of the new plan went fine. I have trouble getting in the protein and fat that I am supposed to - I have never been much of a fat eater. So that's an issue to deal with. It is hard to cut back on carbs. But I think it will be good for me.:^:

Jul - no I did not know that about the Clayton art fair. We have been before, it's pretty cool.

Karen - Official congratulations to you! My ds was born May 7th. ~ And congrats on the 6 1/2 weeks of school to go.:D

LA - good luck with your move!

Greek - I think it will take a couple of weeks to get done. ~ good luck on the big talk.;)

Lauren - acupuncture! I didn't know they did that. ~ I think the paint will really warm up the rooms. ~ glad you car bills were not so bad.

I went shopping today and I actually bought a few Christmas presents that I happened to find.:)

gotta run!

Rabbit:flow2:

RoadRunner
09-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Congrats Karen!!!!!!HEy..My little girl can have 2 boyfriends online now if it is a boy!!!!!
RR

LBH
09-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Hi All,

RR- LOL!! Already planning her future!! What if she doesn't like Jersey boys?! :confused:

Rabbit- Does the plan allow any carbs?? Apparently accupuncture is a new thing they do. I believe the context in which she was refering was different ways to make a breech baby turn...because we were asking about that. The woman my mom talked to said that a lot of woman are not wanting to do it, but the ones that are, are having excellent results!

Karen- Congrats! Is this the regular guy you've been going to, or a new Dr.? My Drs. office doesn't take blood, they send you downstairs to the lab. Personally, I'd rather get it over with in one office, but now while I'm sprawled out naked on the table!! :yikes: When will they do an U/S? Do you know if your insurance pays for 2 of them?

Follow up on my car - It's fixed, but they found a new noise...I need 4 new tires!! :eek: He said the noise of the wheel bearings was masking the tire noise. I can't believe I need 4 new tires, but he said at almost 53K miles, that's not bad. I said I haven't put tires on a car in years!! Back in my early 20's when I had to ask mom for tires for X-Mas and B-Days every year it seemed!! :lol: Oh well, time to start watching the papers for sales. Oh, I still don't have my car. He said that he had to fax the bill to the warranty company, and they had to fax back approval, so it would probably be today. That was fine with DH, it'll be easier to p/u tonight.

I went bra shopping last night. It's very depressing normally, but with these big things, it's worse!! :( I did get two more of the one I have, I like it because it's got gel-cushioned straps. Bali makes it, I think. And Macy's was having a big sale, so I paid 21., instead of 30. for each.

I'm running out of clothes to wear too. The maternity ones I bought are a little big yet, but my fall clothes are kinda tight. Frustration...

Have a great day all!!

elisa822
09-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Wow - all the baby talk is great - it doesn't bother me at all. If you PG people want you could open your own thread but I love listening to it - except for the scary parts anyway!! Congrats to everyone and I hope things continue to go well for all of you!

Karen - I'm so happy that it sounds like you and your husband are looking forward to it now. I know so many people that had trouble getting pregnant that it's nice to hear of someone (who's not 20something) who just got a nice surprise!!

Lauren - glad your car was covered - it's crazy what it can cost sometimes. I keep taking my car in to be checked because it's a 1993 and I can't afford a new car so I hope it lasts forever. It does have quite low mileage so I guess that helps. It has 100,000 km which I think is about 60,000 miles.

Rabbit - good luck with the new program. Even though I stall occasionally on WW I still like it. The problems are mostly because I slack off but I still like that I don't have to drastically change what I eat because for me it would never last long term but I hope it goes well for you. Even if it only helps give you the push you need, that's good too!

GG - sounds like you had a crazy but not too bad day - other than the BF stuff. I'm glad you got it all off your chest and your swim and the fig tree sounded like so much fun. I love your late night stories since I'm usually sleeping by 11:00!

As for me - I did finally get on the scale and it wasn't as bad as I feared. I had gained a couple of pounds but I was so worried it would be so much more. I'm still really hungry but I'm making better choices so things are getting back to normal. I think my DH and I are taking a nice long bikeride tomorrow if the weather holds so that will be fun and good exercise.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Elisa

Rabbit
09-13-2002, 12:39 PM
hello!

Lauren - oh yes you can have carbs on the plan, just not as many. you're supposed to balance your carbs. ~ the info on the midwife is interesting. ~ Bras are so expensive!

Elisa - I still like ww also, just needed a shake up I think. And I think I need to pay more attention to the carbs I eat, didn't realize how much I relied on them.

have a great weekend all. got to run to the dentist.:tape:

Rabbit

RoadRunner
09-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Good Evening!!!!

Rabbit-Hope the dentist appointment went great!!!!

Have a great weekend!!Off to bed, really tired!!!!
RR

KarenK
09-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Hi all!! I got a great book today What To Expect When You Are Expecting. Going to spend the weekend reading. Also got a book of nursery rhymes to read to peanut! Did very well eating today. I made good choices. Yippee!!

Rabbit: Ouchee on the dentist. Hope it went well.

RR: Or she can have one boyfriend and one girl friend!! I don't know why I think it's going to be a boy, I just do. DH has already picked out a boys name....Alexander Jason. He wants to call it AJ!

Lauren: He is my regular doctor. I've only been to him a couple of times. He was so nice the first time and spent lots of time with me. Then, when he REALLY (least in my opinion) spent some time with me he rushed me through like a car on the assembly line! I tried to find a midwife but the one listed in my insurance book had a wrong number :(.

OK, off to read my book. Have a great evening.

Rabbit
09-14-2002, 02:14 PM
HELLO! :flow1:

I had a cavity filled at the dentist yesterday and also my permanent retainer put back on. It fell off last week. It's always something with my mouth!

RR - glad you are getting plenty of rest.:)

Karen - oh that is a great book! What an exciting time for you. That's a cute name dh picked out. Do you plan to find out the sex? A lot of people do these days, I kind of like the surprise!

It is certainly amazing that so many of you are pregnant at once!:cloud9:

gotta run - it's a beautiful day here - have a great weekend.

Rabbit :flow2:

RoadRunner
09-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Karen--I knew from the beginning it was to be a girl..Just felt it inside!!!I have been up since 2am with Ms Active Mover here!!!I think the glucose was too much for me and her after my test that it made us both kookie!!!

Well, off to relax in the tub and maybe complete the scrapbook!!I am at August!!!!!
RR

LBH
09-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi All,

Karen- I have that book and I look at it about once a month, but I haven't gotten much out of it. Another great (funny) book is the The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. It's hilarious. I read it before I was PG...I should go back and read it now. There's a free book you can get through State Farm Insurance, called the Mayo Clinic...something. It's a huge hard cover book, and it's really good. I'll try and find the link for you...

KarenK
09-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi all!! Wow, am I tired today. I slept for 10 hours last nite, took an hour long nap and feel like I could go to bed right now. I ate pretty well today so I am happy about that. I weighed today and my scale must be screwey. It says I have not gained any weight, but even my fat pants are tight. That's jeans. Maybe I should stick with elastic waist pants. Surely a week can't make *that* much difference. I was wearing the smaller jeans last week with no problem!! :)

RR: Hope you had fun in that bubble bath.

Lauren: I've enjoyed some of the stuff, other stuff I'm going to take with a grain of salt. It was recommended reading from the doctor.

Rabbit: Yuck on the dentist. You had to have a permanent retainer? Is that common? When I got my braces off they gave me a top and bottom retainer but of course they were lost years ago. Course, that was when I was in the 6th grade. Goodness, I hate to even think of how long ago that was. Hmmm, 25 years???? ugh. Wish I hadn't done the math.

Have a great evening all.

LA Hopeful
09-15-2002, 01:21 AM
oh my gosh you guys, i'm so depressed. the house is an absolute disaster. :( the landlords went from a sweet little old couple to slumlords overnight. everything is breaking, the house is filthy (they claim it was cleaned "top to bottom") and they won't fix anything because there is an "as-is" clause in my lease. i can't walk around barefoot because of the sticky floors and dirty carpets. there is dust everywhere. the blinds don't work. half the windows wont open. the half that do open have holes in the screens so bugs fly in. i'm so upset with myself for getting into this situation. i've never had such a horrible experience and i've rented close to 10 different places in the last 10 years (unfortunately i move a lot).

someone mentioned not eating out of stress... it's the total opposite for me. i haven't eaten hardly anything in 3 days. i have no appetite because i'm too depressed over these deplorable living conditions. does anybody have any suggestions? a friend of mine mentioned checking with city hall and reading up on tenant's rights. i just don't know what to do. my lease is for a year and i have no idea if there are any legal ways to get out of it. i'm at my wit's end and i've only been here 3 days!!!

anyway sorry for the book! i'm just :?: right now. i have no idea what to do.:cry: