Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: April 5- April 11

View Full Version : Weekly Chat: April 5- April 11

Tejas
04-05-2010, 08:23 AM
:cofdate:

New Pages!

Tejas
04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
A new week and time to move forward, yes?!

Get that Easter chocolate out of the house, and drink that water....advice to myself!

I fly out in a few hours and will check in tonight.

Rhonda

Vickie
04-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm likely to be up two pounds according to the scale. Apparently it's not too smart to eat a big salty ham meal the night before a weigh in! Oh well. I've got JC this morning, cut and color this afternoon, dinner out, and an observation of the puppy obedience class tonight. Busy, busy, busy. Maybe it will work off some of the water and weight. This week I will start back to exercise. A promise to myself.

Where are you going Rhonda?

All of you be well.

sloanie
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey chickies, I hope all who celebrated had a great time with family and friends. We went to my sister's house for dinner and visiting. No egg hunt, though. Most of our kiddos are too old! I finished covering the kitchen chairs and put the pulls on the dressers that I had painted then we got the dining room ready for the floor to be installed. The guys are here right now putting it in, and it looks mahvelous!

I am going to Opryland Hotel this morning, a beautiful and huge convention center, to supervise five students as they compete at the Tennessee Association of Health Occupations Students of America conference. The hotel is only 25 minutes from my house, so we won't be traveling too far. We will be there for 3 days. I will take my laptop, but I don't know if there is free internet. I'll check in if I can. I've got to go pretty soon, so I'll talk to y'all later.

aghiowa
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning ladies! I am glad to be done with the festivities this weekend, and move back into my "regular" routine. I want to work on some housework this morning, and then in the afternoon I'm taking two of my girls to the eye doctor for their yearly exams. Perhaps we will be able to find some frames that will not offend my middle daughter, so she'll actually wear her glasses. (Notice the sarcasm dripping from that comment. ;) )

They have scheduled my dad's surgery for the 15th, which is 4 days before my due date. So most likely he and mom will be busy when I'm having the baby. It turns out he will be at the other hospital in town, so we won't even be in the hospital together. Awww. :) And it would have been so convenient for the family.

Here's to hoping we all have great OP weeks.

Angela

ontarget
04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Good morning. We've already been out shooting this AM. We'll be heading to town to run errands in a few minutes.

Rhonda, have a safe trip. I hope you'll be able to be online while you're away. Please don't be offended by our not being there yesterday. Curtis doesn't do well at gatherings. When we do go to one at Derik's, we go in 2 vehicles so Curtis can leave after a few minutes. He knows he's OCD. I apologize.

Sloan, enjoy your stay. I'm thinking you'll probably have net service. If you don't have it in your room, you'll prob have access to a puter in the business center. I hope so anyway.

Vickie, enjoy your day. I'm sending you ;) ;) for a good WI.

Angela, you certainly have a lot going on around delivery time.

Vickie
04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Ugh......JC said I'm up 2.4 pounds. I am NOT changing my ticker because I am not accepting this. I have a bad eating week coming up but I will do my best to exercise in between and make good choices. When I cannot make good choices, I will eat small portions. And....I'll start getting my 8 glasses a day in again. I think I've been lax.

Why does this have to be so hard?

ontarget
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Vickie, it's a battle, isn't it? Good thing we don't give up the fight. Sometimes I wish there was a magic pill or magic wand. We were probably born 1000 years too early. They may have something in a future world.

Tejas
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm in Toronto for friend's funeral. I'm tired and will catch up with everyone later.

Yes, Vickie, salty foods are awful about putting on the pounds, aren't they.

Sandra, no need to apologize..it was a little crazy with all those people!

Rhonda

ontarget
04-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you had a safe flight. Thank you for being understanding.

aghiowa
04-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay all, can I whine here? I am going to assume you say yes. :)

I am so tired of being sooo huge. I can't bend over, I can't tie my own shoes, I can't walk, I can't sleep...yargh! I know I only have about two weeks left, and two weeks after that I will be questioning my sanity and wondering why I ever wanted the baby out, but right now, I'm just tired of it.

I am so missing my mobility. We went to the library today, and I was exhausted just walking from and to the parking lot. Bleh. Hopefully I will get back to walking very soon after baby, and will never take the ability to walk wherever I want for granted again.

I should be headed off to bed now, after my little pity party. :cry: Thanks for the support you all give me!

Angela

ontarget
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Angela,:hug:

Vickie
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Believe me Angela, I completely understand your pain. Two more weeks and your burden can be shared!

I'm walking around with 268 pounds on me every day. It stinks and I need to get busier getting rid of it.

Tejas
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Poor Angela! DH's daughter is due in early May and she is suffering right along with you. And,her soon-to-be child is breech. They will try to turn her in late April if she is still in that position.

I'm up two pounds also. I agree that it is salty food and, in my case, some indulgences, like sugar! It will go.

I fly back to Texas very early Thursday morning and most of the time here is related to my friend's death. I don't want to accept this reality and I'm glad I chose to come back here. It helps.

Rhonda

Vickie
04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry, Rhonda. I should have realized that the service is where you had gone. I still miss Cindy almost every day. Those two days I spent at her wake and funeral where in my top 10 of hard things to do. I wish I could be there to help you through it.

Vickie
04-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm on program. How exciting is that?

The puppy class was cute last night. We enrolled beginning April 26 although we have to find out about the boardetella vaccine before we go.

ontarget
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Rhonda, I am so glad you got to go. I'm like Vickie and wish there were something we could do for you.

Vickie, congratulations on being OP.

I subbed high school choir today. Didn't do much but I'm pooped.

Vickie
04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Good going, Sandra! At least you worked. I've been shopping online all day. Tomorrow is errands and new glasses for me. I also have to get a gift for our friend.

I need to go eat an orange. YUM!

There may be news with Angela soon. She posted on Facebook this morning that she thought her water broke. We may be Aunties again soon.

Good Luck, Angela!

nancy237
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow , if Angela has this baby early maybe her dad can be there
and enjoy the baby before his surgery!!

And then she will be able to be with her Dad a bit more during his surgery...
She said his surgery is the 15th.

Speaking of surgeries Robin's is getting close (14th)
I don't know what I need to do beforehand other than
clean the house. It will be 10 days after the surgery before he comes home.
(plenty of time to grocery shop & set things up)

I am getting the car serviced .
Can anyone think of other things I should have done this week??

Tejas
04-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Nancy, don't forget to get the snow cleared :rofl:

Coming to these services was a very good idea. Sure, it's tough, but it's good to be with the people who knew her and loved her. And, you Chickies are the best!

Rhonda

nancy237
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Our pollen is so thick it looks like snow..
We had 90 degrees today and the sudden warmth
has given us pollen like never before...

ontarget
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Vickie, I got my last QVC plant yesterday. Right after I planted it today, I noticed they sent me a Hibiscus Tree instead of a Rose of Sharon Tree. I'm just keeping it even though they owe me $5. Life goes on.

Angela's water broke!!! Her timing may be perfect. Please keep us posted.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're able to fly to Toronto when you need to do so. Not everyone could do that.

Nancy, do you have houseshoes and other such for Robin?

nancy237
04-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Nancy, do you have houseshoes and other such for Robin?

He is weird about new things...Did you ever see the show Monk???
It is all in an adorable way but he would never wear houseshoes..

Vickie
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm making final preparations today. I have a gaggle of errands to run but have decided to wait until tomorrow since it is storming and raining all day today.

I'm happily on program although the scale is back u this morning. When will I ever learn to stay off? I have some eating challenges on Friday and Saturday so I need to be good as gold now.

Have a great day!

aghiowa
04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi ladies! Well, I guess my whining did the trick. :lol: My water did indeed break early Tuesday morning. Labor didn't really start automatically, so we took our time getting to the hospital until early afternoon. After walking and walking some more, by about 8pm the doctor said I had to go on Pitocin to get contractions going, since it had been about 18 hours since my water broke. I tell you, I've never had Pitocin during labor, and it is indeed, the Pits! :p But I managed to do it all without pain meds, and Miles Adam was born at 1:10 this morning, 2 weeks early! Yeah, it actually worked out perfectly because my mom had the day off yesterday so she could watch the girls and pick them up from school etc. And Matt brought them in this morning so they could meet their little brother. I think he's a cutie pie, and things are going pretty well, despite the surprises. I'll try to post a pic here:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/MorningwithMommy.jpg

nancy237
04-07-2010, 12:38 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I get to be first to tell you that Miles Adam is adorable!!!

I love the name...

Now we know why you were so miserable the other day...

You just made my day with that picture!!!!!!

Vickie
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
YAY......WOO HOO! I'm an Auntie again!!!!!!

Thank God Angela got here to tell you all since I was about to burst with excitement.

Angela, I'm so happy for all of you. Now your Daddy can meet Miles before he has to check into the hospital himself. How beautiful is that?!

Vickie
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah....how are YOU feeling? That was one big boy you delivered with no pain meds. You are my hero.

aghiowa
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm actually feeling pretty good, all things considered. I got in a whirlpool bath today, which felt divine. I am pretty well stitched up "down there" since I tore in several places, but I'm just so happy that labor is over! :lol: I should be resting but I couldn't resist the lure of the laptop. Plus, I didn't want to be responsible for the explosion of Vickie. :hug:

Angela

ontarget
04-07-2010, 02:24 PM
:welcome: Miles Adam!!!! He is adorable, Angela. And you are my hero, too. I hope you're feeling rested and are mending quickly. Give Miles a hug for me. I'm glad your mom was able to be there for you taking care of the girls. That was important for her and the girls as well as for your peace of mind. Life is good.

Nancy, so you have a "Monk", too. I love it!

Vickie, :woohoo: for being back op.

A gf is coming out in a few minute to fling some arrows with me. I had reflexology this morning. Our taxes are finished and ready to be sent. Life is good.

Vickie
04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Angela and Sandra, I just love you two Chicks and everyone else here. Wouldn't we have a wonderful neighborhood if we all lived close?

Time for zero point veggie soup!

ontarget
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
;)

nancy237
04-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Finally the scales made an honest woman out of me!!!

I have left my ticker at 142 even though the scale slipped up a few weeks ago.

Well today I really am the weight I have claiming to be ...

This has been working for me...

Keeping my calories a bit lower during the day than normal.
Maybe just an apple & yogart for a meal and such.

Then at night allowing myself a bit more to feel satisfied...

Does anyone else do better with a few more calories in the evening...

sloanie
04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Angela, isn't God good? His timing is always perfect!!! I looked at that precious baby, and my eyes flooded with tears. I'm so glad you are done with all the labor stuff, and I too, am a member of your new fan club. Take it easy, and let everyone take care of you as long as you can.

We had a good time at our conference, but none of the students advanced to the National competition. I have to admit that I was secretly relieved. Our National conference is one week in the summer, and I really did not want to go. Oh well, I guess I'm selfish, but sometimes giving up a week of my summer break is not very appealing.

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to be with others who knew and loved your friend. Are you home now? I hope things are going well for you.

Sandra, I love to picture you "flinging" arrows. Maybe one day you will post some pics for us.

Nancy, how about making sure you have special low cal treats that Robin might like? Also, my DH always loves to have lots of movies to watch. In the past, we rented the entire series of 24 and Lost to watch while he was recovering from some of his various joint surgeries. Another thought might be to get him some good tennis shoes to "break in" before he starts therapy if his are worn out. I know they would be new, but he might be in a better frame of mind to break them in before he has his surgery, and having good support will be important for therapy.

Vickie, a chicks neighborhood would be so awesome! I would just love that!!!

I hope you all are having a great evening. I'm planning on resting after the late nights with my students. TTFN

Tejas
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I did so love the picture of Miles Adam. And, what a sight he is. Welcome to Earth little one!

The funeral was today, and it was extremely emotional and cathartic. It was not a staid Toronto event. I spoke, as did three others, and it helped a lot. I return to Texas early tomorrow morning.

Good night,
Rhonda

nancy237
04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Sloan..

Excellent ideas for movies & new exercise shoes!!

sloanie
04-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Nancy, I'm an old pro. DH has had surgery on his neck, back x 2, knee x2, both elbows, both wrists, shoulder x2, and sinuses x2. The docs don't know what happens to his joints; the tendons just start to tear! Oh well, right now we are not planning any more surgery. I really hope Robin does well. Remind us when it's close, so we can pray, pray, pray! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Rhonda, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Angela, have a good night!

beach bum
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I'm back from a wonderful restful Easter vacation.The kids are all back in school and the house is quite again. Everyday there was something to do the first two days I was invited to a seda and the second day I participated in the prayers. Than on Wed it was a movie & dinner[How to train your dragon] in NYC,Walked my heels off,those city blocks are long.On Thursday we went to the Mall and went into one of those stuffed doll stores and came out with a Leo Bear from my DGC to hug when I lonesome. Easter Sunday went to my sisters,and than got ready for my trip back home.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday like I did. Now its back to reality,paying the bills & grocery shopping. But this time around I only gained 2 lbs not like I did on Christmas with an 9-lb gain.

Have to go, will be back later

Vickie
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off and running.

Welcome home Mary Ann. Glad you had a good trip.

Have a safe trip, Rhonda.

nancy237
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Just found some Vita Muffin- Vita Tops at my local grocery store.
I tried the CranBran and love them. 100 calories.. Excellent flavor.

I don't like the super sweet granola bars and muffins so this one is perfect.
On my way out the door in the am a muffin and fruit or muffin and cheese stick will be perfect!!

Tejas
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm back in Texas, with about 2 extra pounds :(

Tonight I have phase 2 of the sleep study...back tomorrow..

sloanie
04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey chicks, so busy today! Ripping up carpet tomorrow and painting baseboards for carpet installation on Monday! I'll check in in the morning. Welcome back Maryann and Rhonda!

Vickie
04-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Off and running. Talk to you all on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

blessedwithsarah
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. And I missed A LOT. CONGRATULATIONS Angela! Miles is sooo cute! God's timing is always perfect -- I hope your dad is enjoying him before his surgery. Is Miles the first grandson for your parents?

Nancy, glad you like the vita tops. I didn't like the chocolate ones, I've always bought the berry bran type ones. If you do like them, check their website, I think buying bulk its cheaper. My store, the box of 4 is over $5. I think on line they are under a $1 each.

Vickie - tomorrow is puppy day!!! I'm so excited for you. You must post pictures of your new baby as well :)

Maryann - glad you had a nice Easter weekend. Now back to reality! At least our weather is getting to be wonderful (with the exception of today).

Well, our Easter could have been better. We were at 9am services and my cell phone starts ringing. I just shut it off and enjoyed Church. When we got home DH asked if I checked who was calling - I did, it was my sister. My mom was going to 8am mass and fell in the church parking lot. She fractured her pelvis. She spent Sunday - Wed in the hospital and is now in a rehab center. She'll be there anywhere from 2-8 weeks. There isn't anything they can do for her but let her heal. Thankfully the fractures were not too bad - just slight. But she is 83. So...... I took dd to see her last night, what a beautiful rehab she is in ! Its fairly new. It looks like a hotel lobby. Compared to ones my Dad was in and also MIL, its night and day. No smell, no hospital feel. The upstairs is a nursing home and its just as nice. Why can't they all be like that???

Well, TGIF. Got to get some work going.

Tejas
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Gee Paula, I hope your mother recovers without further incident.

Vickie, we'll all be waiting for the pictures, eagerly.

Maryann, welcome back. I'm glad that you had a good trip and I hope that settling back in at home comes easily to you.

Sloan, you could start a second career in home renovation, if you could stand it.

We went to see a steam train pull into Denton today. It's #844, on its way to south Texas. What a sight that was, and it was only 2 hours late ;). We were with the DIL and her two boys. We all got a little impatient and the only available food was hamburgers. I should have some kind of snack with me at all times. Well, I hadn't eaten much today, and I have worked out. I'll have salad for dinner and it won't an awful day.

I slept at the sleep lab last night with the mask on and it wasn't so bad. I do believe that I felt more rested. The preliminary results are good, that I had no loss of oxygen throughout the night. I'll know more next week.

:wave: Sandra and Nancy...did I forget anyone?

I hope that you all have a pleasant Friday night.

Rhonda

sloanie
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey chicks, got the carpet up but will wait to pull up the padding and staples tomorrow. I will paint the base boards tomorrow, too. With the exception of pulling up carpet, it has been a quiet day.

Rhonda, seeing the train sounds cool, but I'm sure waiting was not fun :( Your idea of my doing home renovations made me chuckle, but I do think it would be fun to spend someone else's money on decorating.

Paula, I'm sorry to hear about your mom but glad to hear that she is in such a nice place. Hopefully she will be up and at it in no time.

Vickie, do you have butterflies? I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'll check in later.

sloanie
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Is my computer on the fritz or am I the only one to post so far today? Where are all the chicks? I've been busy today as usual. I'm on the couch now, and I plan to stay here. I hope you all are having a good weekend! I'll check in later :)

nancy237
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Everyone must be having busy day..

We have been looking at land and playing with our Grandson...

I haven't been eating very healthy today and I am still hungry...

Angela.. How is Miles doing?????

Vickie
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sorry. I've been very busy with Brodie. He's adorable but a FULL time job. He's in here with me now wanting attention.

I'm not on program but am trying to slow down. It's stressful to have a baby.

He didn't want to be downstairs in the kitchen alone in his crate last night. We brought the crate upstairs and he went to sleep and slept all night. I'll be happy when the potty training and chewing stage is over.

Be well.

Tejas
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi Everyone:

I've just been busy and today is the same. A friend of mine from Toronto arrives this afternoon, and I'm cleaning house, working in the yard, shopping, etc. One of my great nieces has her 6th birthday party this afternoon too, so I don't have much time at all.

Eating is OK. Two of those four pounds just fell off, so it must have just been water. I had eaten some salty Indian food in Toronto.

Our yard is full of Oak trees. Lately there has been pollen everywhere, now we have scads of whatever it is that they drop. I can't keep it swept up.

BBL,
Rhonda

aghiowa
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Vickie, I saw pics of Brodie on Facebook. He's soooo cute! I can empathize with the new baby woes. :D

Miles is doing fine...he is a bit jaundiced however, and we are having to go in each day for bilirubin counts. If they don't improve by tomorrow, he's going to have to go in for light therapy. But, he's a good nurser, is a generally happy little guy (except during diaper changes) and we're getting along pretty well here. I am recovering physically very quickly (yay!) but of course I'm very tired. I am planning a good long nap in a sunbeam for Miles and me later today. Sunshine is supposed to be good for his jaundice, and naps are good for me, so it's a win-win situation. :D

Later,
Angela

beach bum
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Ladies

Sorry for being MIA for a couple of days.Ever since I came home on the long bus ride my neck and shoulder area are hurting me. I had a cortisone shot,but its not my shoulder but in the base of my neck.I going for PT treatments twice a week,and so far they're helping,until the dampness comes back and than it hurts again.This week the therapists is going to put me on the traction machine,and see if its a better treatment than the massage.

Still going out with my new friends but we are having problems with one of them that another woman & I are going to cut the strings a little. Going out every night over the weekend is not apealing to us anymore. The woman really needs some kinds of therapy.She lost her DH 15 months ago and she doesn't want to go forward.In fact we did have an argument at dinner the other night. She pulls every one down,and we don't need that anymore.I ready to leave the bereavement programs as I can except want happened and I'm moving forward.The other lady lost her sister.Both of us are going to continue seeing each other going on daily walks,window shopping & dinner once a week is enough for us.

Watched the Masters since Thursday and will watch the final today.Wish I could play,they just sent me a night school registration pamphlet and they have beginner golf as one of the courses,but with my back & neck hurting I don't believe that I could possibly play.

Have to go rest my bones,see you guys tomorrow

sloanie
04-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey chicks, tomorrow is carpet day! Finally, I'll be able to put things where they go and leave them there :D We will have lots of small projects left to do, but the big jobs will finally be done. It will also be nice to be free of drywall dust and saw dust. As you can see the time I'm posting is late, and DH still has to work on the wood floor :(

Vickie, when do we get to see pics of Brodie? I'm dying to sneak a peek!

Angela, sounds like you are all doing fine. Hopefully the sun and time will get that jaundice to go away. I'm glad you are resting. Sounds like you are being very wise.

Rhonda, enjoy the visit with your friend.

Maryann, sorry you are having trouble with your neck and shoulder. Take care and do what the therapists are telling you. It must be hard to have to deal with "downer lady". Sorry you are having to go through that.

Nancy, are you and Robin planning to build? How much land are you looking for?

I've got to get off here 'cause my eyes are closing. See ya tomorrow.

nancy237
04-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Sloan... it sounds like things are coming along at your house...
You are so impressive with all you get done.

Maryann.. That stinks about your neck hurting.. I bet it is hard to get anything done with that. Maybe the PT Traction will help.

Angela... I hope you got a good nap today.

Vickie... I can't wait to see Brodie...

Rhonda.. the pollen here has been bad too, our deck looks yellow..

I took a long nap in the hammock DH hung for me. The weather was perfect .
70's and sunny...

Hubby has found this land 1 hr into Va and I need to work in NC another 5 years. I think it is crazy because we cannot take care of 3 acres now...
I would be working in NC for 5 more years while he commutes and
gradually does stuff to this property. He wants to get a camper to
put on the land...We want to sell our house which is too big..then
I am not sure how we will make all this work.. Frankly it is too much
to send a kid to college, deal with the medical stuff DH has had this winter,
sell this house, buy land in Va, find a teaching job in NC, figure out where to live in NC smaller til we can totally move to Va.
Is it just me or is that a lot to deal with at one time...???

But maybe if I am working it would be good for him to have a project to work on and we can find a small townhouse that will be easy to care for...
maybe it can work...