South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #1  
Be happy.

Default Congratulations Spring Challenge Champs!

These champions stuck with their spring challenge goal and posted til the end! Congratulations ladies!

cottagebythesea
EmmaD
Heidi58
jenne1017
Mmckellen
WaistingTime

You've earned the "Winner" graphic.

(Point totals aren't listed because most didn't total their points this time. )
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Thanks Heidi! The challenge was a great motivator for me (most days) and I was glad to have it. Sorry about not totaling, I didn't know but will do it this time around. And I cannot remember how to add those pretty graphics. Maybe you can add that to the instructions post on the new challenge? BTW - I marked my calendar this time so I would not miss the first day again!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #3  
Be happy.

I'm at school now and can't seem to remember where I posted the instructions last time.

I'll type them up again and post them when I get home this afternoon. It will only take me a minute but it will take more concentration than I can muster up while I'm monitoring snack time in a kindergarten classroom.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Thanks, but I don't think I deserve any "winner" status - I went MIA for like a month in there.

But it was GREAT motivation and what jump-started me back in February. I just couldn't keep it up through the "living at a friend's house" phase.

Things are back on track, I think...

By the way, I just figured out last night how to post the graphic again.
  1. Go to the first post in the challenge, which displays the image - or even easier, you could use the one in my signature!
  2. Select the graphic using the "control" option (I did this on a Mac - this is right-click on a PC)
  3. Select "Copy Image Location" from the menu that pops up
  4. Click on "User CP" at the top of each 3fc page
  5. Click on "Edit Signature" in the left menu bar
  6. Place your cursor where you would like the image to appear in your Edit Signature box
  7. Select the "Insert Image" icon inside your Edit Signature box (looks like mountains and a sun)
  8. Paste the copied image location information in the text box that pops up.
OR
  1. Just copy this html code:

IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8643/sbdchallengeaprilmay.gif[/IMG

(I HAD TO LEAVE OUT THE FIRST AND LAST BRACKETS ON THIS - if I keep them in, the image is automatically converted ...)
  2. Go directly to your Edit Signature Box
  3. Paste what you copied into your signature
  4. Add the "[" at the beginning and "]" at the end of the code.

And someone else posted about this last time, which worked out great for me:
One thing you can do for spacing is add in some symbol (like ~) using "White" color so it doesn't show up against the white background - allows you to spread things out if you want to arrange the icons differently. You basically just have to check it with the preview until it looks right.

Hope that makes sense

Last edited by EmmaD; 04-05-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: don't know left from right
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Thanks Emma! I should have been able to figure that out... I forgot about inserting an image location.

Now I just need to remember to post to the challenge thread tonight
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #6  
Be happy.

Thanks Emma! I wish I could find my post from last time though.... I can't remember which thread we were in when we were talking about it.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #7  
Be happy.

Aha! Mystery solved!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'll want to have 2 windows open. One open to the spring challenge thread, and one for your user CP

Here's all you have to do:

• Go to your user CP (I always get there from the purple bar at the top of the page)

• Choose EDIT SIGNATURE from the list on the left side of the page.

• Back on the spring challenge page, right click on the graphic and choose "copy image location" (that's the wording on my mac, it may be slightly dif wording on a PC, I can't remember right now)

• In the Edit signature box on your user CP page, click the icon to add an image. (To the far right of B I U. It's a yellow box, looks like a mountain and sun in it.) Paste the image location into that box and you're all set.

Click Save Signature (or preview it first) and you're done.

If you want to do a bit more...

•*I usually put 3 white ~ between my ticker and the image because I like a little space between them. But I'm picky.

• I make the image a link to the thread. It makes it easier to find the thread to edit my post every day, and it let's nosy - er interested people check out the thread when they see my posts on other parts of the site, like in the game section. lol Here's how you do that.

Go to the Edit Signature block.
Hilight the whole line of text for the image. (From [URL ] to [ /URL] - but be sure you've got just the image, not the ticker.) Then click on the add a link icon (the world with a chain, up where you find the add image icon). Paste the url of the challenge thread into the box, save your signature and you're done.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  
Be happy.

I PMd the directions last time, that's why I can't find my post.

I'll put a link in the first post of the challenge thread. I copy and paste it each time, so the directions will be there for each new challenge from now on. Thanks for the suggestion Karen.

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-05-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #9  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Ladies!!
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Awesome! We rock!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote