Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default Darn, fell off the wagon.

So lunch went as planned, until my husband ordered the most delicous looking pie I ever saw.. so.. yes, I ordered myself a pie and shared it with my daughter. I bet the pie had anywhere between 500-600 calories in it. But more important to me than that, was the SUGAR. Not good for my PCOS that I am trying to beat right now. And I most likely have insulin resistance so I'd been better off eating a steak than that!
Really beat myself up about it, and even told my hubby how ashamed I am.
Dinner tonight is a vegetable smoothie! Back on track tomorrow.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

What will you do next time that happens? "Be stronger" is not a good plan--at least, it never works for me. If I am not strong enough the first time, I won't be strong enough later.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

You got right back on track for dinner with a smoothie and that is great! When I go off for lunch I tend to go off for dinner. So, recognize your triggers and you will do better next time. Don't beat yourself up over something you can't fix. Just learn from what happens and move on.

Last edited by Helen ready to lose; 04-04-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

One piece of pie won't do you in. You recognized the problem and are working to make the necessary corrections. Sounds good to me. Take it easy on yourself, and figure out what you could have done differently. Next time, maybe you can have a taste of hubby's pie and not order one. Or he can order his to take home and he can eat that while you enjoy something on your plan. Lots of options and this is an opportunity to learn and greow, not a failure and a permanent fatal error!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...onfession.html

It happens to the best of us. Above is my latest slip up, but because I got control as soon as I could instead of waiting until "Monday" there was no evidence on the scale this morning, no loss either, but in the past my slip ups always ended in gains. Keep on keeping on
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/173/148

Darn those pies! Just think about how yucky you felt after eating that and try to remember that next time you find yourself in this situation. 1 slip up every now and then won't hurt! And whats done is done, don't beat yourself up over it. Just keep on going!
Veronique is offline   Reply With Quote