Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ April

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ April

EZMONEY
04-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Christian Encouragers :)

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

EZMONEY
04-03-2010, 10:27 PM
HI GALS ~

Already April and Easter is coming tomorrow...HE IS RISEN! :carrot:

Angie and I read parts in Good Friday service as usual, she was the narrator this year and I was Peter...I have read the part of Peter several times before.

Pretty much all the family will join us tomorrow...should be 21...cool....my daughter in law is in Florida visiting her family. Not sure yet if we will have anyone here for Easter dinner or not....we thought about waiting until my dil comes back but about the time she does my daughter flies out to Great Lakes for work for...hummm...I'm not sure how long?...what a dad huh....doesn't always know where his 26 year old married daughter is at all times ;)

Anyway, we we may or may not get together with the kids/spouses tomorrow for dinner...but since we weren't sure Angie and I decided to have fish tacos rather than cook the ham and potatoes, etc.

My son came over today and moved a ton of stuff he left crated in the garage when he got married 3+ years ago....finally...he lives only 1.5 miles away and his house is bigger than mine. All his trophies, sports goodies...etc. Took him all day to go through it...I did my chores and visited with him off and on too...a nice day.

Well...back to the game :)

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-03-2010, 10:37 PM
:lol: Oops ... I posted this in last month's thread; didn't notice the new thread hadn't been started yet, so I copied it in here too! ;)

DON'T WORRY GARY ~ we are REMEMBERING OUR LORD every day this week ... we pray each morning and meal; and in the evening before bed; and with my devotions too.

JESUS is our friend -- faithful and true to the end! We are ever grateful for all He has done for us; He was so brave and courageous. Have been reading daily in my devotions and scriptures (twice a day, I might add) everything that He went through the week before His death.

I really liked the devotion from the Daily Bread today; it was a parallel analogy comparing the diagnosis of cancer (or other serious illness) before, during, and after -- with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. When I got sick about 5 years back that is what it seemed like to me too: the death of our wellness or normality, as we knew it at the time; the burial of our old way of thinking and living; and the resurrection: a new awareness and a better way of living.

There was a huge transformation for me in my spirit and mind -- GOD carried me through it and still is, but showed me so many marvellous things as well: how to be more grateful, and appreciate every second, of every hour, of every day. To stop and smell the roses, to appreciate all GOD's creation, plus all of his beautiful creatures, and of course -- our families and friends. All of this being magnified more than it ever was before ... the grass was greener, the sky bluer, and I noticed so much more than before!

All through those years, the one thing that stands out is that I have been getting even closer to GOD and the LORD, even though I thought I was very close already. Plus He taught me the true meaning and value of Praise; and He showed me this: that GOD is our only true, pure, Abba Father ... and JESUS is our one, true, faithful friend and brother (like no other)! No-one and I mean N0-0NE ~ can compare to them in my eyes now!

You know, I was thinking that our weightloss journies could fit into that analogy too -- the diagnosis: realizing the old way of eating/living was not healthy for us, and making the necessary changes: death to the old ways of thinking and living; the burial: of all our old bad habits; and the resurrection: to a healthier way of eating and living, leading towards restored health ... and instead of leaning on food, trusting and leaning on GOD and the LORD for everything!

Well, didn't mean to write a sermon, but we are ever mindful of all the LORD has done for us at this time ...

We had a busy day, but did take some time this evening to go for a nice drive to the country and enjoy viewing the beauty of GOD's creation here. It was very, very hot here but with a terrific wind so it was nice to go for a drive in the cool of the evening too!

Hope all our friends here had a good day too! Happy Resurrection Day tomorrow ... or HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY! :D

Oh, btw ... my flowers are coming up in my garden today, so I gave them a bit of water too! Rosebud :flow1:

pattygirl63
04-04-2010, 12:03 AM
JUST DROPPING IN TO WISH ALL OF YOU A BLESSED AND HAPPY EASTER AS WE CELEBRATE OUR RISEN SAVIOR AND ALL HE DID FOR US!!!

Bootsie
04-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. I got 3 of my tomato plants planted need to get 10 more in the ground! i planted my spaghetti squash in a pot and I am going to let it grow out of it so I can keep it good and watered. I still have a lot to plant green beans, purple hulls , okra, corn ,squash , cucumbers, melons catolopes and the rest of the tomatoes. I still need to till some more . Sausage is doing better but still off balanced some. My brother is doing better and I sure hope he continues to do better. At least now he is wanting to shave and get his hair cut. He exercises every day now and he does not seem to be upset with me. Thank You for praying and making a difference in my life. I sure am glad I came here.

thinmintintraining
04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
:bunny2::easter3:

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter!! Looking forward to a wonderful service in the morning!! Our God is an AWESOME God!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes, He is Risen -- Our Lord is Risen! Now we know GOD's amazing power ...

HAPPY EASTER!!!

:easter3::easter2::easter:

Karen31
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Ooops! Guess I was lost for awhile! I posted this link over in the March thread! Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
http://www.crosscards.com/cards/holidays/easter/easter-preview.html

Bootsie
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi Karen , you reminded me of Amazing Grace when you said you were lost, love that song! I lost my phone today and just found it tonight and the battery needed charged so did not get to call my brother today.

My goat Blossom still did not have her baby! Hubby thinks she may have triplets the way she looks, never seen a first timer to have an udder as big as hers! She looks like a 3 year old Milk goat!

Sausage is eating better but still not got her balance yet still very good, but it is better. I have a cat that has an abscess on him and i took him to the vet and been giving medicine but it is not curing up yet.

Got 3 of my tomato plants planted but still got about 14 more to go! Also the rest of the garden.

ronni62
04-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi, Everyone! Seems like forever since I've been here. Thank all of you so much for the prayers during the last 3 weeks. DS3 and I came home Friday after finally getting all the business end of things done in Indiana. It was so sad to leave my aunt. She so sad to no longer have a brother and I feel like an orphan, even though my mom is still here, but she was never as connected to me as my dad was, due to her mental illness. He always felt he had to protect me from her moods and irrationality. Still have a lot to do to finalize dad's things, like his 09 taxes and then the '10 taxes whenever forms are out for that, plus find out what my sister wants of dad's things-he didn't have much, but what he had kept was special to him, you know. My home is decorated with items that were special to our family members who are gone, which kind of keeps them close to our hearts.

We did go visit MIL Sunday and took her out for Easter dinner. She starts the hormone chemo today for 5 weeks, I think, but she's doing much better after the mastectomy. Thank you all for the prayers for her, too.

Not much else to say right now, as I'm just feeling so lost. You're all in my prayers. Blessings to all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-05-2010, 08:40 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ had a busy day today ... and cleaned out our back porch more whilst DH was out this AM. Then I started in on what was left in the shed (only one corner) and found a box of my missing books, most of which were healthy cookbooks, etc so was glad to find them. All my cleaning is done out there now. So we got the back yard done and the porch and shed for spring.

Some more of my spring flowers are coming up thanks to the rain showers we had the past 2 nights. Even though it is a bit cooler here, we did have some :sunny: on and off all day today, which was nice.

HI KAREN ~ glad you were found and are back with us in this thread too; I did the same thing too! :lol:

:hug: RONNI ~ prayers still going up for you and yours; it will take some time to adjust and grieve these losses, but it will get easier eventually ... :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ prayers for your cat, Sausage, and for the safe arrival of new baby goaties too ... :D

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up; prayers are still going up for you and yours. Take good care of yourselves ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
04-05-2010, 10:26 PM
My goat had her babies today. I turned her out and she came back to the house to have her babies. She had the first one herself but the 2nd one had a leg backwards and I had to pull it out both are doing great and they got their bellies full that is for sure. They should grow like weeds but boy did she look skinny after she had those two but she did I say get rid of 15 pounds in one day.
Sausage is eating different things but she only wants human food and not canned food. I swear that dog watched TV the other night what they put in that dog food. YUK!

I got my tomato plants all in the ground , two rows of beans planted and my squash is coming up cucumbers, corn, .What I really love is spaghetti squash and it is really growing! I know my tulips are beautiful Rosebud I hope they bloom soon for you. Fixing to have a plant sale and what is left over I will have to find a place to plant it.
My brother sounded better today but every Monday seems like he feels better then he goes down hill.

carolr3639
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Bootsie, I can't believe you are planting your garden already. I don't plant until mid May. Even then once in awhile it frosts late in May. Looks like this year is warmer but it is so unpredictable here in WI. Even if it doesn't freeze, the ground is so cold that the seeds don't grow and sometimes rot. I do have tomato plants and watermelon plants started in the house.

Bootsie
04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Carol that is one reason it is so wonderful about living in Texas! I notice during the Hot summer months y'all are just really getting to harvest your vegetables ,when we have been eating out of ours all winter long. I have been eating on Spinach,onions, turnips and carrots. I plant my carrots in back of an old dishwasher, my husband was going to throw away a vacuum cleaner the bucket kind . I said hold it there! Drill some holes in the bottom of that and put some dirt in it and plant some of that squash you have planted inside. Now he has squash on wheels! He went around back and he has had a commode back there to put inside and he planted cucumbers in it so I know now I will get a new commode when he puts one in our feed store! Ha!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
BOOTSIE ~ good news about Blossom: two healthy baby goaties; and glad Sausage is now eating more regular -- can't blame her really, which food would you choose? ;) She's been a good ole girl, so she deserves a little spoilin' at her age! :D

You know, our local Feed Store just closed its doors for some unknown reason. I overheard someone asking a local politician to have a meeting about this unexpected turn of events -- although I knew something was up becuz the last time we were there, they had no bird seed or even chicken scratch but for a partial bag, which I bought anyways so our birdies had something to eat. It's not good to have to go 80+ miles to get feed for all our farmers and other folks too. :yikes:

We had nicer weather than they predicted today; it got up to 68 F and higher by the afternoon. We did a lot of running around trying to find a vacuum cleaner as ours konked out on us. First, I tried to order one and that turned into a fiasco; so I ended up buying the last one they had at a local hardware store. They had to do a search to make sure they could get me a replacement filter, but it will have to come from the manufacturers now. Things are sure getting complicated today ... :dizzy:

So I got lots of walking in; and I will try out my new upright vacuum tomorrow to see how it works. Got some more totes to finish putting stuff away; now we will be very organized. I also picked up a rolling drawer tower on sale for my miscell office stuff; that will be handy too.

Well, my feet are throbbing and it's time for tea; so take good care folks and hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Sheila7
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello. I am new to this forum and a believer and on this weight loss journey. I am doing OA and have lost almost 60 lbs w/ 50 left to go. I am a wife, a mom and work full time.

Blessings, Sheila

Bootsie
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Welcome Sheila, so good to see you. Hope you stick around.
Rosebud that is odd that your local feed store closed down with no warning. Hope another one moves in for 80 miles is along way to go for bird seed and feed. Do you have any large stores in Canada that handle everything?

Oh Sheila what is OA?

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
:welcome: SHEILA ~ I visited the OA (overeaters anonymous) site a while back and the nearest meeting place was in a city 80+ miles away ... way too far for us to attend, but I guess they can't be everywhere. I'm glad it's working for you and that you have that support system too.

BOOTSIE ~ we used to have a CO-OP Feed Store here, then they changed to Timbermart, and the troubles began. They tried to expand in another small town and it went under and they lost money on that; seems there might have been bad management there. I saw and heard some stuff that really surprised me sometimes; and there was this gradual decline in supply of popular items like gardening, bird seed, dog food, flooring, etc; and an expansion into some other things that were duplication and somewhat risky.

Other stores took up where they left off (ie the tree & plant Nursery). Then they started closing on Saturdays, and I always thought that was a very questionable business decision -- you can't sell anything if you are closed on the busiest weekend day ... :?:

It is too bad becuz they were our best supplier of high quality workwear and blue jeans and for a fair price too, so we used to buy stuff from them every year. I think there was some underlying service and management problems becuz I have seen much smaller towns have successful and profitable Feed and Suppy Stores. Down south they have a Beaver Lumber and Supply; and I think there may be others too, so hopefully another one will come in and start over.

Just stayed home and did stuff around here today; got our new upright vacuum machine put together tonight, so I'll try it out tomorrow. Did some laundry and hung some outside as it was :sunny: with a breeze today. The temps have dropped a bit tonight, but hopefully we won't see any of that white stuff ... :^:

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
:p Oh, I knew that I shouldn't have said it ... dang it ~ we had a huge ***** storm today, already over 3+ inches out there on my patio table ... and it's blowing around out there pretty good too! There was a good side to all thisthough (besides it looking very nice) -- a bunch of birds showed up at our tree and feeders that we didn't see much this winter ... funny how they remembered where to get some food in a storm. We had a flock of junkos and sparrows, plus starlings and doves here all day. It was fun to watch them chasing each other around and all their other funny antics ... :D

Hope you all had a good day today; and ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

Bootsie
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Rosebud a snow storm? That is unreal....need to move to Texas girl! Got our newsletter out today, waiting for Hubbie to do his part, I do the rest. Those birds are fun to watch and the squirrels. I love to watch all the animals. I gathered up some wood that my brother in law sawed up yesterday and tried to sale it at the road but no luck. It is beautiful, might of sold if it was not just cut.It is good BQ wood Mesquite wood. Hope the snow did not freeze your tulips Rosebud.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hope the snow did not freeze your tulips Rosebud.

I know ... I was just thinking the same thing and praying ... "Lord, please don't let my flowers die ..." I was wondering if 3-4 inches could freeze them. I know Marigolds can go through a storm and live; have seen that many times. It's the taller ones, I'm wondering about. Too bad I don't have one of those leaf blower things and go out and blow the snow off the flower beds ... :lol:

PS ~ can't you sell the wood at your store?

ronni62
04-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi, everyone-Not much to say here, but wishing everyone a nice weekend. Managed to get our taxes printed and ready to mail, as well as getting Dad's done-had to do 4 total states and 2 feds this year with doing Dad's taxes too, because he lived in IN but worked in OH. Now, I'll know what I have to do next year for his as well.

Rosebud-sorry to hear you had snow again. At least it won't stick around for long this time of year. Our tulips usually do ok when we get a late snow. Thanks for all your prayers of late-I know it's helping.

Bootsie-congrats on the little babies! They will surely be fun to watch through this spring. But, sorry to hear about your kitty. Pets are special and it's hard when they pass, too.

:welcome2: to all the newbies over the last few weeks! It'll be fun getting to know all of you.

Well, like I said, there's just not much to say here. DS2's knee is healing again and his car repair will cost much less than we were worried about-thank goodness. He's finishing up his school year, but wants no "graduation" party, so we're just taking part in our church's Senior Recognition Day in a couple weeks. All the other parents think we're strange, but the whole huge graduation-invite-the-whole-town -party thing they do here in IA and MN is uncomfortably different than anything we were raised with and since DS2 didn't want to have that kind of party, we just decided to skip it. I guess it's not just the homeschooling that makes us seem weird to everyone else;)

Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.:hug: to all!

thinmintintraining
04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Good Evening All!! I hope you all have had a great week!! I haven't been in in a while but I'm back for now. Got lots to do because of revival at church this weekend but I did want to drop in and leave some good news...

After a month and a half, we finally had our weigh in and measure at Curves. We were measured and weighed on 2/22 which is how I got my starting weight but I didn't start my journey til 3/1 so as of today I am down 21.5 lbs and have lost a total of 12 inches. I am so excited!

I also went to get our taxes done this morning, I was afraid that we were gonna have to pay in but as it turns out, we are getting a really good refund! Praise the Lord!!! Between Curves and DDR for Wii, I'm gonna lose this weight if it's the last thing I do!! :)

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers because I will have a houseful of teenage girls this weekend and one is engaged! Of course in her world, she is the only one that has ever been engaged so....!!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
RONNI ~ thanks for that good news that my flowers should be OK! The :sunny: was actually shining a few minutes ago and the ***** has finally stopped! It was a heavy, wet snow but the roads have melted already. This AM, I cleaned off the front porch while DH did the laneway; but he did it in parts, resting in between. I think you are right -- with a couple days of sunshine, it should be all gone again. Prayers continue ...

HI STELLA ~ what is DDR? I can't recall for some reason ... Congrats on that fabulous success -- we are very happy for you! Prayers that the teeny party goes well: with some bouncy music for dancing, some snacks, and a few ez games ... all should go just fine! :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with glorious weather too! :flow1:

EZMONEY
04-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi GALS ~

I apologize for not posting more...these 14 hour days of work and commute are getting to my posting time...

I do read here daily....I will catch up this week-end...

Prayers and hugs.

thinmintintraining
04-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Rosebud! DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. It's a dancing game that will, if you aren't used to it, work your tail off! :) Literally!!!

Bootsie
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Stella, Rosebud, Ronni and Gary!

Stella you are so lucky to get a wi , I hear it is so much fun, don't think I will ever get one for they cost so much. Unless I got lucky like you, go for it girl! I made a decision today to go back to Outlookministry, First Place. I miss the girls and I lost a lot of weight there. I don't really like their new Bible studies but sometimes you got to do what you think is the best thing to do. I have felt lost since i left there and it is time for me to go home but I am going as a member . That does not mean I will not be coming here because y'all are so special to me too!
My brother has to get a pace maker in next week. I hope that helps him.

Oh Gary love that picture!

thinmintintraining
04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Bootsie - They are lots of fun! I just happened to find mine on craigslist. I would check there if you want one. I've heard of people selling them for gas money so maybe you can find a good deal on one! I personally think it's a great investment for me. If I try to do exercise that I don't like, I won't stick to it. But if it's something I enjoy, I can stick to it easier!

Prayers for your brother!! Hope you all have a very blessed week ahead!! :):hug:

Bootsie
04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Stella , I went on your I think they call it blog and you are so encouraging! I hope I have someone like you for my Leader in First Place. That coconut pie sounds so good. Do you mind sharing that recipe! Or should I say would your Mom share it?

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
BOOTSIE ~ If you think the first place group or club or whatever it is, can help you reach your goals, then why not try them again? It's worth another try to at least see, right? Even if you don't agree with everthing they say in their studies, you may still be able to gleam some help and support there that is beneficial to you. Like they say --"Take what helps you and just leave the rest!" Could you share with us what they did for you that helped you so much -- I am very interested in that.

And, please don't stop coming here to visit with us as we would miss your cheery self very much. I told DH the other day that we just seem to meet some really nice folks here and then they wander away for some unknown reason and we don't hear from them again. With the anonymity of this site, how do we keep in touch with those that we have come to know and like so much? This site is our only link to you. Will send up ^prayers^ that all goes well for your brother with his heart pacer. :hug:

STELLA ~ I am going to go read your blog too, since BOOTSIE liked it so much and she has good taste. What kind of eating plan are you using along with your exercises? Are you calorie counting or what? Did Curves give you the plan outline you are on?

EDIT ~ oh, I read your blog and saw that you are doing calorie counting ...

I am reading a book called "8 MINUTES IN THE MORNING" by Jorge Cruise and it has some good tips in it. I like a lot of the ez exercises in it and that is where I first got the idea to try my exercising in the early AM. I lost that book in a whole box that got misplaced during our move and just found it this week (thank you, GOD); so I am reading it now and am almost done.

It has a premade portion/calorie plan in boxes which is so ez to use; you can just copy them and check off the boxes until you have eaten your allotted servings each day. It is based on a calorie-portion plan almost identical to the one the Diabetic Association uses, with a few variations -- ie he has a treat/craving section and you can have 1-3 each day depending on your weight.

I made up some exercises myself and for some time now, have been doing them upon waking; and this Monday I am gonna start trying some of Jorges' to see how that goes (as it is done on a week by week basis starting on a Monday). All you need is a set of handweights, which I already have and you later add in power walking -- so nothing expensive to buy there.

We had lovely :sunny: today so we decided to go out for a drive -- we went looking at houses that are for sale as we enjoy doing that and also to get some ideas for our little cabin/chalet that we are building on our lot.

Hope all our other encouragers out there have a Marvellous Maunday ... ;)

Bootsie
04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I was going to get the mail at the post office and I passed the Baptist church and on the sign it read Loose weight with God, First place Meeting this Thursday night at 6PM. Just 2 miles from my house and loosing weight is something my doctor told me I had to do. He had put me on an Atkins diet and i had lost 15 pounds, I weighed around 255 when I first started First place. I was walking I thought 2 miles a day but really it was 3 miles a day, my friend mis figured that was walking with me.
I went to this meeting to loose weight, Terri was my teacher and what a wonderful teacher and friend she is. I had no idea what God had in store for me when I entered that door, if I had... I might of been like Sarah laughed my head off in disbelief when God told her she was going to have a baby! Who would of ever believed I could of lost 90 pounds with God, not me! That was not the only thing; I was sorta you might say reborn-ed.
In one and half years God changed me from the inside and out. I got down to 164 pounds. The diet they used, was a diabetic diet and was really easy to stay on and I had no problem writing everything down for Terri. I never thought I would become that close to God . I thought I knew him but i did not until I joined First Place. Then Terri decided she wanted out, and they picked me to run it, well I was not Terri and I did not do a very good job I guess because everyone stopped coming and there was only 5 of us. So I stopped and started going to Outlook ministry on line and they were still using the diabetic diet and I met and learned so much from them, not only about God but what really good friends are like and never have met them.
I had paid to take computer lessons and one lady in the ministry taught me more about using the computer than the people did that I paid to teach me. Then First Place changed to 4/health, well going back now it will be like learning all over again a different diet. Never understood why they ever wanted to change the diet when it worked. I did not have the money to change over and a friend that I had met at Outlook Ministry, sent me the whole kit and would not even let me pay her or for shipping it. She has remained one of my best friends all these years. When I quit several of my friends kept in touch with me from Outlook and some did not but all are special to me.
Before I started first Place Rosebud, I was not a good person, I cussed more than Eddie Murphy , had a temper that could blow in a split second, always ready to whip someone who crossed my path, seemed like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I am completely different now, not even the same person I was , even though I have gained 40 pounds back, I still have not gained the other 50 or should I say 65 pounds back including the weight I lost with Atkins and it has been 9 years. On top of that God changed my soul and yes he is still working on me and I hope he never stops, I am his work in progress. I am sending my 22.50 in tomorrow and going on another adventure with God through Outlook ministry for the next 3 months and pray I get a really good leader. I am buying the book in town on the Bible Study. I will be starting next month so please pray for me, I really want to get back in track, not just with my diet but with God too. Don't worry Rosebud as long as my computer works I will be coming here too, for y'all are special too to me.

And you wanted me to tell you Rosebud, how First Place helped me, it was God that helped me, that changed me, I owe all the Glory to him, First Place was just a tool for him, to fix me with. I need some more fixing he is not through with me, so I am going back, just wish there was one around here to go too.
My brother just called for I let time get away from me and I thought i might wake him up so he got tired of waiting and just called me! Well best go.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
BOOTSIE ~ thanks for sharing your story with us all so candidly -- we can hear where you came from and how GOD has worked in your life in so many wonderful ways! What a great witness this is to others too! I can see why those ladies are so special to you now.

Through Jesus Christ and GOD's Holy Spirit and His power, we can be transformed in our hearts and minds, bodies and souls. I shared in another thread recently that when I got sick about 4 or 5 years ago, that GOD showed me that I could walk even closer to Him than I already was: this has happened more than once in my life.

GOD used the First Place as a tool to reach out to you and to transform your life; and this transformation continues on throughout our lives here on this earth. GOD can use many tools including the bible, church, bible studies, Christian schools; clubs, groups, and organizations; books and devotions, magazines, on-line sites, and of course, friendships to reach out to us and help us in our Christian walk. I think He'll use whatever and whoever is willing to be a tool or lighthouse for Him ...

Like the song goes -- JESUS wants me for a sunbeam, so I guess I'll be one for Him; actually, I love being one for Him and He knows that. We are the salt of the earth and a bright light that shines in the darkness to show others the way to a better life in the here and now, plus in the distant future (in heaven)!

I was thinking that besides the huge spiritual transformation and friendships you made at First Place, that maybe also the one-on-one coaching or leadership helped you a lot, as you expressed that you are praying for a good leader -- so I'll pray for you about that too! Hope your brother is feeling well this week too ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
:broc: Oh, and I almost forgot why I came in here so early; I have the greatest news ... I felt prompted to brave my scale this morning and what a wonderful surprise awaited me -- I have finally broken into the 200's for the first time in over 18+ years! :carrot:

I think over the winter, I have lost at least 15 lbs and maybe more. So all this hard work is finally paying off again and I have beaten another stall or plateau. This has been a long struggle for me with so many physical challenges to battle along the way. Those of you who know me, know all about it. To ignore all the pain and to just keep on, keepin' on no matter what. I just kept tweaking my food and exercise plan, even increasing my food intake until I found what worked for me, and the result ... continued weightloss!

First, I want to THANK the LORD, my GOD for directing me to this site ... I am so grateful for all the help and encouragement I have received from so many special people here at 3FC's and on this special Christian thread too. I am so thankful for all the support, the tips and ideas, and info that I have gleamed from you all too.

I have continued to read books and just finished another great one I must mention -- "8 MINUTES IN THE MORNING" by JORGE CRUISE which is helping me a lot. I do 30-40 minutes of toning exercises upon waking Monday thru Saturday (started with 10 minutes this winter); plus now I am adding 8 Minutes of Weight-Training by Jorge Cruise.

I have always been on the Portion/Calorie plan since I started -- tweaking it as I go; and I just love Jorge's box cards for this same plan. It is the EZiest way to do that plan I have ever found. I was doing this on my PC or in a notebook before using his book. I was blessed to get it through a bookclub for only $2.00 on a special deal becuz of a printing flaw! Haha!

I also love the book called "FOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH" that helped me realize that I needed to add back in HEALTHY FATS to my daily eating plan to ward off cravings (thanks, MOM; RIP). BTW, JORGE's motto is also ... EAT FAT TO GET FIT! :lol:

Anyways, I just wanted to share this huge milestone; it was a big goal of mine to reach the 200's -- and now the next big one will be to reach Onederland sometime down the road, but I have many mini-goals to work on before that (more inches and lower sizes, @ 10 lbs at a time).

So, if you get stuck or stall, or hit a long plateau, just keep going no matter how long it takes; after all, our main goal is to BE HEALTHY for the rest of our lives, right? If we keep eating and living in healthier way, eventually something has to change for the better. I think our body needs TIME TO HEAL and correct itself; and we need time to heal hurts and learn not to use food for comfort.

I needed some time to find other ways to deal with my emotions in a more positive way; and it has been GOD and His Word plus the strength I have gained from the LORD that has helped me the most with that part of the journey. I have been using lessons and verses from the bible, plus songs and hymns to combat any neggies that came my way (ie, negative thoughts, words, or circumstances).

Perseverance is really so very important on this journey -- keep looking and keep trying new things until you find what works for you and your body and your lifestyle; plus keep looking ^UP^ to the LORD for strength along the way! Thanks again ... Rosebud :hug:

ronni62
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Rosebud-:dancer::woohoo::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: Just wanted to say it again!

Bootsie
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Way to go Rosebud!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:

Karen31
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
:bravo:Rosebud---Congratulations!! :congrat::cheer3::woohoo: That is Wonderful News!! I'm so happy for you.

EZMONEY
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ROSEBUD!

Heidi58
04-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm so happy to read this Rosebud! Congratulations! :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone ~ I really appreciate all the support I have received from you all ... :flow1:

thinmintintraining
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Bootsie - Thanks for your kind words! :hug: I pray that you will have a wonderful leader in First Place! Now that I think about it, it seems like I tried that one time but I don't remember what happened or why I quit going! Anyway, I pray that you get all the encouragement and support you need to continue your journey!! Of course you know we will always be here for you! :)

Rosebud - congratulations on your loss!! :carrot::carrot: I'm sure you are so very glad to be over that plateau!!

I was thinking while reading Bootsie's story a minute ago that God truly is the main "ingredient" when trying to get healthy and lose weight! I mean, who better to help and know what's best for you than the One who created you!?! I have pretty much tried everything and every diet there is with the exception of purging!! Letting God take the reigns has been the ONLY thing that has helped me and I intend to continue on with His help and strength!

**BTW - the recipe for that coconut pie is very simple....All you do is use 2 reg size boxes of sf/ff cook and serve vanilla pudding made with ff half and half. Make it according to the pie filling directions(except cut the amt of half and half down by about 1/2 a cup) and add a little coconut flavoring and some shredded coconut. Let it chill until completely cold and put into a reduced fat graham cracker crust, top with ff cool whip and a little more shredded coconut. If you can wait that long, I would chill it for a good hour to hour and a half and enjoy!! :) Since the coconut is the main source of fat, you can leave it out or not use as much. It is the best stuff and much better than the regular fat filled kind :D We have played around with different crusts trying to make it even more ff but your best bet is to just use the reduced fat graham cracker crust from the store!

EZMONEY
04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
hi

ronni62
04-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm so tired today I can hardly move. I just think things are catching up with me. We went to MN to retrieve DS2's car from the shop yesterday-2 hours each way-and were glad that it was only a $388 repair instead of the $2000 we were afraid it would be at first (transmission issues).

DS3 and I have to see the doctor today for ear infection issues. Both of us had been on antibiotics when we went to Indiana when Dad was ill, but still have the same symptoms, so going back to see if we need to try something else. Going to try to get a couple things I need for DS2's senior recognition day at our church while we're out. And, need to get groceries, which is always a blast (heavy sarcasm here, of course).

So, ok, you can all see that nothing interesting is happening here:yawn:, so I'll be off. Hope you all have a blessed day:)

Bootsie
04-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Ronni, think it is catching....not sick but so tired. I got 17 baby chicks today and they are so cute! 3 have black on their backs and oh how fast those 3 are!
They need to be in a chick race! Have two coo coo mar-ans chicks think is how you say it. I wonder why they call them that? I hope I don't have some nut for a chicken! Then some easter chickens and two that are suppose to be two good setting hens. Then i weed eated up at the road under some trees to make it look nice, so tired.

My brother is back from the hospital and they put a thibarator in , don't think I spelled that right. He says he is alright and they are talking about releasing him from the nursing home in 3 to 4 days and the nurses said they had a bunch for him to do tomorrow so he said he was going to eat supper and go to bed so he could get rested up for tomorrow. thank You for all the prayers.

Well gonna see if I can take a nap before doing the work, for I have to stay up tonight and clean house and get stuff ready for the sale this Saturday!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
BOOTSIE ~ PTL that your brother came thru that procedure well; the LORD is so faithful. You having a yard sale? (I forgot) I did two of them in the past; they are a lot of work and I was exhausted too; thank goodness, I had a friend who helped me at the time and I was younger and stronger then. DH wanted me to have one when we moved here but I could hardly walk so I just donated everything to goodwill instead. Prayers that you have a fab day and get some sleep too ... :hug:

RONNIE ~ you need to get to bed too!!! :drill: That an order! :drill: Prayers going up for you and your DS3 that you are feeling better soon. Glad the car repairs weren't too bad too! Take good care of yourself ... :hug:

STELLA ~ yeppers, that pie sounds wonderful; you know we can't get that pudding here in our town (too small). So I make other kinds instead, like pumpkin custard, or apple-fruit crisp. Yesterday, I made some low-sugar blueberry spread; yummy! I had some on a 1/2 slice of lemon poppy seed bread I picked up for DH. Delish!

GARY ~ howdy stranger!!! :lol:

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER MIA's out there; you all must be very busy right now. We went up town yesterday and got some black earth/compost soil for our gardens, plus some onion sets and a few more seeds. I decided with prices of veggies out there, I will grow all the EZ stuff here. DH said he will help me a bit too. This AM, I did the floors: dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and that took all morning (great exercise but tiring, so now I'm resting). WE had leftover roasted chicken and veggies for our dinner tonight. :D

Time for some tea! Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow; and do take good care of you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
I have been studying my First Place 4/health book tonight, I am determined to go along with it and not be a rebel this time. Though i must say I do like weigh down very much and a-lot of what I have learned from the books, is sticking with me. I don't eat unless I am hungry, and I am finding myself not hungry. I thought i was hungry this afternoon , stress getting to me, I just stopped and said just get you some tea your not hungry and I was full. The other night I ate some pecans and I was full and I knew if I ate any more I would feel sick, not only physical but within my soul for pigging out, so i just got something to drink. It says in the FP Book :
Loving God with all your mind means you let him take every thought captive, especially those negative voices that keep you in doupt and despair. This means you have to learn a new way of thinking. The battle of wellness starts in the mind.
I know we are all on different diets or ways of eating
I was wondering how is your new way of eating helped you? Has it gave you more energy, I know it has Rosebud, she is really getting with it! :carrot: She is really encouraging and Stella WOW! She is too!:carrot: I believe I feel stronger in doing everything I do. A garden, plant sale and Garage sale, animals and working at the store keeps me pretty busy! :dizzy: But just curious how is everyone else doing? Please, let us hear how you are doing sisters and brothers, let us encourage each other to stick with it.

MyBestYear
04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi all, just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am a Christian mama who's life has been transformed by a relationship with Jesus Christ.This has been my most successful weight reduction attempt yet because for the first time I have turned it all over to God (my weight I mean). For some reason I never really looked at this as a spiritual battle, the same as every other spiritual battle God has delivered me from -- having that revelation was really big for me.

It seems like something that would have been obvious before (I rededicated myself to Christ in 2004-05 but only realized this fairly recently) but everything is on God's time and maybe I just wasn't ready to recieve it. As always, God waited patiently for me to seek Him and received me with open arms when I did.

Anyway, it is nice to have a place for fellowship within such a wonderful site :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
:welcome: MYBESTYEAR ~ glad you found us over here; yes, it is wonderful to have a Christian thread to chat with others who are on the same journey as us in more weighs than one (couldn't resist that pun). :lol: As BOOTSIE says, we are on a few different plans but we all have the same goal -- to get fit and healthy again, so we can put our best foot forward for the LORD, so2speak! ;)

BOOTSIE ~ oh yes, I do have a lot more energy than before; and if I overdo it a bit, I just take a rest; then haveatit again the next day. Indeed, the LORD is my strength each and every day!

We have :rain: here today and that is good for our grass, trees, and flowers; it's better than what they had predicted (I won't mention that). ;) Have a great weekend everyone ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-17-2010, 09:51 PM
:wave: HELLO THERE ~ boy, it's quiet around here this weekend! I spent the day doing laundry (lots of it; bedding, etc) and we had a lovely center roast pork with lots of veggies for dinner. There is lots left over so I'll just be able to reheat that for dinner tomorrow, so I'll be able to rest really well, as I need to ...

I pulled a muscle in my right lower back again just turning too quickly while making breadfast yesterday; had some pain this AM and now it seems to be getting much better -- prayed about it a lot. We sure have to watch those kind of things as we age ...

Stayed on plan so good that DH and I were able to have some popcorn tonight as our treat/craving for the day. Haven't had that in a while, but it was nice to have something that fits into my plan.

We awoke to ***** this AM, but thankfully it all melted by noon; and they are predicting full :sunny: for tomorrow -- that would be lovely. Take good care folks, and hope you all have a super Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
04-17-2010, 10:16 PM
it is quiet...I will post tomorrow....

prayers....

Bootsie
04-18-2010, 11:15 AM
WELCOME MY BEST YEAR! :hug: HOPE YA STICK AROUND HERE LIKE GLUE!:carrot:

Sorry I was so tuckered out from the sale yesterday I went to bed...made around 87 dollars but my friend oh last just say...she did so much better than me, she has a green house, her tomatoes had tomatoes on them already! They took us out to eat last night which was so nice not having to cook or eat my own cooking! We met a-lot of nice people though. I was happy with what I made and I think that was pretty good for 50 cents and 1 dollar and 2.00 sale. I cut some no thorn cactus in Texas shapes and they sold good. Also my red sage sold really good and I have a back yard full of it ,next year I am going to have a-lot more of that! We learned what the people want to buy so we plan on having it more organized next year.
After eating when I tried to get back in my truck I could not for cramps in the back of my legs above my knees never had cramps there and it hurt so bad never had pain like that worse than having a baby, tears came to my eyes they were so bad. i finally got up in the pick up but still had them and half way home they got out finally. Gosh that hurt!

EZMONEY
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
OMGOODNESS BOOTSIE!...hugs!!

Be back after church........

EZMONEY
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

OK! I am really going to post here :D

I have just been so busy at work, mainly because of the 2 hour commute or more each way, and to top it off I have had to run by my sil/bil's house to do a little drywall work on my way home. It is just a couple of miles off the freeway I drive home on so not too bad. I should finish that tomorrow.

I have been able to jump on 3FC for a few minutes at a time for some quick posts but I can't seem to post substance here that way ;)

I had a pretty easy day today. Angie went for a 5 mile run this morning so I took the dogs out for a quick 2 mile walk, then we went to church...Angie had to play bells at second service today. As service was about to begin I looked behind me to see the crowd and noticed some folks off to the side that are friends of the :p kidnapper :p They lived a few doors up from him as he was growing up, I have chatted with them a few times at my daughter's wedding and a party my daughter and the :p kidnapper :p threw for his mom. I did a small job for them a few years ago, anyway I went to greet them after church. They said that after talking to me about church and religion a few times in conversation and after the wife had attended a couple of Angie's yoga lessons at church with the :p kidnapper's :p mom, they decided to skip their church for a Sunday and come to ours. They said they came last week, Angie and I were at early service, and were so impressed they decided to come back. When I asked them what they thought after two weeks they just smiled and said they think they found a home :) They have been going to another church, a more liberal version of ours, for many years and they just felt the need to change. Glad to have them with us!

BOOTSIE I am glad you had fun and made some $$$ at the sale...but oh so sorry for those leg cramps :hug: Angie and a buddy of mine get leg cramps from time to time, I had read somewhere that Gatorade is good for that...don't remember why but they both said that it seems to help them when they are having that issue.

ROSEBUD Leftover roast is always good :) I hope your back is feeling better today. Angie made some kale chips this afternoon, I mentioned in another thread (veggie) that they won't replace popcorn for me :D

My Best Year ~ Welcome :)

RONNI You sure sound like you could use a break :hug: Boy I tell ya I used to feel that way for so long with business troubles, the passing of my father, divorce, and running so much with the kids to all their events....but it got better! It did take a looooooong time though :D

STELLA ~ HEIDI ~ KAREN and all the MIA's :hug:

Karen31
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone, Well, it looks like the house is going to go just as planned! WHEW!!! We went ahead and bought another 5th wheel RV that is a toy hauler. Now Tim wants to look at BIG BOY TOYS!! Geez, you'd think he was retired or something!!! LOL!! But anyway, for this trip it is going to be wonderful to have a place to stay and also the 8 X 10 garage area to put our things that we left in Colorado. It is a used (2005 Sporstmen) but is in really good shape and we thought a good buy. We will pay it off as soon as we get the money from the sale of the house. Will be nice not having those payments out there anymore.

These are some pictures of the 5th wheel. The last picture is of the "garage" from the kitchen. We can also pull the door down and screen pulls down and it can be a screened in room. Hopefully, we will use it enough. I know we will be making a trip to PA. to visit Tims Dad and family there. And also my son who is still trying to do his thing in Florida. He and his wife have split (she is the one who wanted Florida and now is back in Colorado!) Anyway, he has his son with him in Florida, and she has her daughter with her. Not a good situation but I am trying to let them figure it out. But my goodness, my tongue sure hurts from biting is so much!!

I'm looking forward to getting back here and getting settled for the Summer. I am so looking forward to be able to use the pool. Think we will probably put off traveling too much until this Fall.

Hope everyone has a great night. Take care and I will try to check in more often.

EZMONEY
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Sweeeeeeet Ride Karen!!

Karen31
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks Gary, It is nice to not have to worry to find a motel that will take dogs---Plus they are all my linens and I know they are clean. But I'm too scared to drive the truck and tow it so that is all up to Tim...just too big for me, but I like it.

thinmintintraining
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone!! Been pretty busy this week and have had a rough last few days but all is well and I'm ready to start another week!! I had an issue arise a couple days ago when I checked DH's email to see if this new company was gonna email his check stubs. No check stub but there was an email from one of his ex's! She went into a big spill about why he accepted her friend request on FB and then deleted her off and didn't tell her why, and some junk about how he broke her heart about 17 years ago and that day is still stuck in her head and a bunch of other UNCALLED FOR stuff! I happened to be on the phone with him when I read it and I just broke! I felt like somebody had punched me in the stomach! I know my DH and he has a hard time paying attention sometimes and he wasn't thinking of the consequences when he gave her his email address. Needless to say that I replied to her email (bet she wasn't expecting that!!) and after a phone call from his mother, we probably won't be hearing from her again! I also was told that this was a test from God and I passed!!

I don't know how alot of people believe but the devil is on the loose trying to stick his ugly head in anywhere he can and I refuse to let him into my marriage much less anything else! I don't know how my mother stood some things for nearly 40 years but thank God that a little over 2 years ago, my dad gave his heart back to God and has been serving Him full force ever since!

God is just so good and I even managed to stay pretty much OP through this whole ordeal! I guess because everytime I thought about it, it made me nauseous! It has helped with my determination though. I full intend to follow this journey through to the end!

Well, I have spilled everything now and I'm finished :) I hope you all have a very blessed week! :hug: to all!!

MyBestYear
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey all thanks for the warm welcome :) I am still reading!

thinmini- Yes, the devil does try to come into our lives, especially when we are seeking God... I believe that 100% -- he doesn't bother people who aren't seeking God (they aren't a threat) so if he is messing with you, the only comfort is knowing God has His hand on your life or the devil wouldn't even be interested!

Justwant2be -- Sorry about your back, ouch... praise God I have not had injuries, and thank God He has worked so fast on you -- His power to heal is amazing, isn't it?

Karen, love your fifth wheel! We have a dream of traveling as a family long-term -- we homeschool so that wouldn't be an issue! It is definitely awesome -- my in-laws have a 5th wheel and travel for the whole winter :)

Bootsie - $87 bucks is nothing to sneeze at, that's great!

Anyways, as for me I have been building my blog and just posted a video blog YIKES it was a bit scary but I felt led to do it. I want to glorify God when He transforms me!

I am 1lb away from my mini-birthday goal in May (official weigh-in Friday) so I am very happy PRAISE GOD!

thinmintintraining
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Mybestyear - Thanks!! Ain't it the truth! I also just checked out your blog and vlog (which btw, I didn't know about those either) :) Great video and such encouragement! You mentioned something in your post earlier about God's timing and I believe that's exactly what happened to me. My mother felt definitely lead of God one day last July to come and talk to me about my weight! It seemed like everybody else around me realized what was happening but me! It has been almost a year and March 1st I finally got "serious" and decided to put all of this weight into God's hands. He has been helping me ever since and I give Him ALL the glory and honor and praise because I KNOW without Him, I couldn't have done what I've done so far!

EZMONEY
04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Quick reminder LADIES....

as long as you are focused on Christ that mean 'ol Satan can't harm you!

Rebuke him! He is nothing to us!

Bootsie
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Good Morning! I been out weed eating for 1 half hours, taking a break, then I need to feed the animals . Hubbie is having it cemented in the front of the store, don't rightly know if that is a good idea or not but we will see. I have learned it is best not to even ask questions , just wait and see what his next move is. He said he is doing it to keep the rain out but if he don't put a top on or if the wind blows looks to me it would be worse than ever, but what do I know, and I will not say a word. I thought my bathroom up there was next? Maybe next year..... Water to the store ect...Well best go feed the animals and get back up there weed eating. Getting my exercise today!

MyBestYear
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
The good news is, satan doesn't have any new tricks -- the bad news is, he is crafty with the ones he's got.

He is never going to offer me crack cocaine or have a friend call me to be the driver of a getaway car -- he KNOWS I won't fall for that (and I don't have friends like that)...

...but he knows for darn sure that I like cake and it's always somebody's birthday LOL...

Yes, we can rebuke Him and I do often lol

Thanks for checking out my site thinmini!

Bootsie, you've been working hard it sounds like -- I admire your 'Proverbs 31 woman' behavior with your hubby -- I definitely need to keep my mouth shut a little more with my opinions with hubby... even when I'm right ;) lol

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-19-2010, 11:24 PM
:wave: HI THERE ~ we had a busy, full day; gorgeous :sunny: all day long too! Got our weekly shopping done; didn't need much but veggies and fruit and meat; and did our errands (got lots of walking in today). When we got back, I hoed/raked my last two garden beds to get them ready for seeding and picked up some more summer/fall bulbs so I will have more flowers for that part of the year.

And, my little crocuses are blooming already (for 2-3 days now); forgot to mention that the other day. They are so cute; the yellow ones bloomed first and now some purple ones are starting to bloom today. They are calling for some cold weather tomorrow; hope that doesn't kill them as they are so tiny. They managed to make it through that last snow, so they must be pretty hardy flower, but I'm not sure how the blossoms will stand it; I am praying that they will be totally wrong and we will have warm weather tomorrow instead ... :^:

STELLA ~ good for you staying strong and not over-reacting; sometimes, that is just what they want! You set the record straight as was needed and that is OK.

MBY ~ I agree that we need not be afraid of you-know-who's wiley tricks: just keep on trusting in the LORD: He is our rock, our fortress, our shield, our protector, our strength, etc.... Psalm 18:2

BOOTSIE ~ you did well; and now you know what to do for the next year. DH and I both get those danged thigh cramps: here we call them "CHARLIE HORSES" -- not sure why they call them that, but oh, they sure hurt. It may be from overexertion; then resting and trying to use them again too quickly. They do go away once some lactic acid get back into those muscles.

GARY ~ if that drink helps, it may be the salt and water that is helping ... :shrug: Thanks, my back is much better now; the LORD surely did heal that quickly and I am so grateful! :)

KAREN ~ wowie, that is a nice trailer; that is nicer than some people's houses. You are blessed, so I hope you do use it often; there must be some nice beaches that you would like to see somewhere this summer (although I know that you now have your own pool too). Did I mention that you are very blessed ... ;)

Hope you all had a great start to this new week; take good care. ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

ronni62
04-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Karen-Love the RV! Sounds like fun traveling in that. We still just camp in a tent when we go for that, but long trips are either hotels or family:D We did do a camping cabin trip once through South Dakota-that was fun, but an RV would be a blast-enjoy yours!!

MyBestYear-:welcome2: Nice to meet another homeschooler. What ages are your kids? My 2 boys are 13, 8th grade, and 17 (almost 18), who's soon to "graduate" and head off to college.

Rosebud-you're ahead of me on cleaning out the gardens! I just haven't gotten to that yet, even though the tulips, daffodils, & hyacinths are blooming already and the allium and most of the other stuff, sedum, etc are well on their way. It's been a really early spring here this year. Many of the farmers are already planting corn and that usually waits until 1st or 2nd week of May. I'm planning a major expansion of one of my flower beds by our garage, so I don't have to look at a blank, white garage wall any time I look outside or sit in the back yard. DH just said "Do whatever you want." with some :rolleyes: when I mentioned it to him-lol!

Gary-Glad to know I'm not the only one who's gone through this kind of overwhelming time. Trying to get some rest in between all the other stuff. Hoping my flower beds provide some escape time, if you know what I mean.

Bootsie-glad you had a good sale! Bet those little chickies aren't so little by now, either-they grow so quickly and quit being so cute;). My DH is a little different in that he wants me to tell him if I think he needs to do something differently-only problem is that I have to be very, very careful just exactly how I tell him or he gets really defensive:dizzy:. But, if I don't tell him, he'll get angry if he finds out later I thought there was a better way to do something, so must tread very carefully-lol!

Hi to everyone else, too! Hope everyone is having a nice day! We're trying to get down to business and get DS3's testing done this week, as we are way behind because of Dad's death and being away from home for 3 weeks. I'll have to send a letter to the school district letting them know our test results will be late. They're generally very understanding, as this happened once before when we had the bad car accident. Also, trying to get photos and stuff ready for DS2's Senior Recognition Day at church on the 1st-can't believe we're almost to May already! I was able to get a homeschool diploma for him, so very glad he'll have a remembrance of his school work. He just seems so excited for college and playing college football, even if it's just reserve for the first year! Can't believe he's almost 18-when did I get so old?

Well, if I'm to accomplish anything, I must get in gear here. Of course, I need to check Facebook and do some 'farming' first-lol! Have a blessed day!

Bootsie
04-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Ronni and all, I am dog tired went over to my Grandmothers place that my brother just had to have. I just weed eated the place 1 week before Easter and the grass was already 4 inches above my knees , had to weed eat then mow it! If I had my way, I would build a fence, I would load up a 100 goats and Barbados sheep and turn them in and let them graze it down then reload them and take them home! I will have to go back in 2 weeks and do it again! I am going to see if I can find someone in that area to start mowing it for me. There is some trees and bushes that need to be trimmed also. It was so funny today, I was weed eating and I had gone over there a way before I mowed before Easter to check on things for my brother, and there was this Boxer dog that was going to get me on the other side of the fence. Well I thought they got rid of him because I had not seen him. I was weed eating and seen i thought at first a deer hanging from a tree. I thought to myself well that must be some red necks because it is not deer season. Then it started moving and that dog dropped it was not a deer. Then I seen the dog jumping up and down trying to get a hold of what looked like a steak hanging from a tree and he clamped down on it and was just a swinging, then he would fall and he would jump back up and and clamp on it again and was just a swinging, this time he got the steak down out of the tree! The steak was about 6 foot up in the air but that dog was determined to get it and the way he hung on was incredible, he never gave up!
Then the snails over there are just beautiful and as big as a silver dollar, never seen such beautiful snails in my life!
Then I came back home and weed eated in front of the wood pile and while I was gone a friend picked up all the brush for me and all I have to do is pick up all the wood, that my brother in law cut. I got to make my friend something for doing that, for I had to pay my brother in law and he left all the brush for me to do . Sorta like a cook does not like to clean up after them selves. But my friend did it and was never asked to do it,just seen I needed help!

Karen31
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all the compliments on the 5th wheel. I'm pretty excited to get started and get the house deal all settled in Colorado. It will be so nice not to have to worry about that anymore. Everything is right on schedul there and I am so thankful for that. I will be happy to get back home and enjoy "home" for awhile after all is done. Then I imagine we will take of in the Fall and go see Tim's parents in PA.

It sounds like everyone has been so busy. I have lilac bushes and roses and I'm not sure what all. I know I have black walnut trees, oak trees and maples. One tree in front is called a Crimson Maple and is really pretty. One of the trees that grow around here are called Red Buds-- they are so pretty. I have a lot to learn! Never had flowers before-- the deer kept them pruned back for me! I did have a couple geraniums but everytime they got flowers, the next day the deer would have them gone! The pictures are 1, one of the lilacs I have. 2. not sure what this is-- kind of looks like babys breath, 2. these are the Red Bud trees.

I get excited when I see all these new things! Hope to get a garden planted if not this year, then next.

Well, need to get going. Everyone have a Wonderful evening!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
KAREN ~ those bushes with the white flowers look a lot like SPIREA BUSHES to me; they come in white (most common) and even a nice magenta pink. Most of mine are white, but I have one of the pink ones in our stone garden that I made in memory of our furry babies who passed awhile back. Sounds like you got another lovely property there with many nice bushes and trees already there for you.

RONNI ~ you are starting to sound better; glad you are getting some things done. Sounds like a great idea to put a garden beside your garage; many things grow better when up against a wall of some kind too as the heat helps them and the wall protects them.

BOOTSIE ~ nice you have a wonderful friend like that who helps you. So glad that you are feeling better. It is kinda weird that we were talking about those leg cramps, as DH went out on a hike for over 20+ miles (with some hills) yesterday and forgot his lunch and water; was too far to come back so he continued on -- well, he sure paid the price for it. Last night, his legs went into terrible spasms (severe cramps); but I remembered our talk on here and made him two bottles of homemade Gatorade using lemon juice, salt, sugar, and a bit of honey. Had him sip on that, and do gentle stretching and walking, and had friends praying for him, and by the time he finished sipping the second bottle, he was finally able to fall asleep ... PTL!

I did have to give him a talking to for that big mistake as he has lost some weight and doesn't need to. Like RONNI, I have to tread carefully, as my DH is very insecure and gets defensive too; gotta say things in just the right way ... ;)

WE just had a quiet, restful day at home today; DH rested while I did some light housechores. Have to go do some more catch up; take good care ... ^prayers^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

PS ~ the flowers are OK; we did get a bit of ***** but it melted as the day went along, and it is supposed to be nice tomorrow ... :D

Karen31
04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks Rosebud---I just went and looked up th spirea bush on the net and that is what we have. They are very pretty. Like I said, I have lots to learn about all these things.

carolr3639
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Haven't been here for awhile but find all the posts so interesting. I seem to stick to the IE thread and that seems to be all I get done around here Sorry.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ we had lovely :sunny: for the last day and a half; we went up town and bought a nice lunch and went to a favorite lake and had a lovely little picnic. Our lakes here finally melted this week, so we have been taking every opportunity to go look at them with the sun shining on them -- so very nice! This was our first picnic of the year; and there will be many more to come.

My devotion today talked about not wishing our lives away, but living each moment to the fullest: so I thought this was a perfect day to have a spring picnic. I like this time of year when the weather is not to hot, not too cold, and there's no buggies yet! We are supposed to have a nice weekend, so will have to come up with some plans for that too.

CAROL ~ time on here can fly by so quickly; by the time you read a thread and post, and hour or two can pass. I didn't even come on the net yesterday at all ...

GARY ~ THANKS FOR THE TIP about the Gatorade; that really helped DH a lot this week ... :)

KAREN ~ your quite welcome; I can't wait til my bushes are all as big as yours ...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and great spring weather too; take good care now ... Rosebud :flow1:

MyBestYear
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey all, still reading :) Sorry I don't get in much.

Ronnie, my daughter is just under 5 ...no new blessings yet, but we are trying to give her a little bro or sis... I love homeschooling and plan on continuing as long as it is working for everyone!

Justwanttobe -- your lakes JUST melted! I see you are in Canada, what a whole different world, I am in FL and it is already nearly 90 some days. Thank God we live by the beach and spent a beautiful day there yesterday. Your picnic sounds very nice! I love spring too, although our spring only lasts about 3-4 weeks before it gets HOT!

Karen31
04-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone, We made it to Colorado safe and sound yesterday evening. It was sure an interesting trip! We had winds of 50mph from Pratt, Kansas almost to Lamar, Colorado----talk about fun!! NOT!! And of course it was hitting us broadside!!

These pictures I took as we were coming up Ute Pass and just outside of Woodland Park. I couldn't believe all the snow! They had 12 inches just the night before. So glad that it was pretty much gone by the time we got here and we were able to get the 5th wheel in the driveway! Now if we can get things all taken care of and out of here without getting snowed in.......

I hope everyone has a good Sunday and I will try to get back here later.

Karen31
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the girls enjoying the trip from their car seats!!

maryea
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
don't often drop in here...hope you are all having a good Sunday. It is cool but sunny here today...was suppose to hit 70 but it's been pretty cool in the house. I'm just taking it easy today other than going to church this am. Had a good service. Two comments the pastor said that seem to resonate with my dh:
1. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
2. Marriage was not meant just to make us happy but to grow us up in God.

My dh said he didn't know this this (the one about marriage) and I asked him if he felt better now that he knows. LOL I was just kidding though...we are going on 48 happy years together. Even through the tough times I would never have wanted to be with anyone but him.

Only thing new in my life is that I rejoined Weightwatchers. Only stuck it out about a month last time but it's making more sense to me this time around so hopefully it will help.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
MARYEA ~ yes, sometimes I do ask the LORD what it is that I am supposed to be learning through my marriage becuz we do have some trying moments now and then. I sure am learning about patience and forgiveness, I think. My DH has a terrible time with his memory (even more now) and he will get upset with ME when he forgets something; then afterwards, he feels foolish and apologizes for hasty words, but they have already flown and I have felt the sting ... I keep recalling that Jesus said that we must forgive 7 x 77 times; so I ask him to help me. We had such a moment today which brought me to tears for a few hours. My DH always apologizes for his outbursts but that doesn't erase the hurt or the embarrassment I feel when he yells at me in front of other people.

Some say you shouldn't air your dirty laundry in public, but I don't want to create a false picture of the reality of my life nor my marriage either. We all have our battles in this life -- too many women think that everyone else has such a great partner or marriage, when in reality we have issues just like them. I try to lift my DH and our marriage up to the LORD daily; it is much better than it used to be, but we still have our rocky moments now and then (and usually over misunderstandings). :dizzy:

You are very blessed to have such a wonderful partner and marriage. Mine is a work in progress ~ as is my journey back to good health and they are connected to each other. Today, I slipped and started munching out when I was offended; but then I caught myself and decided to take another kind of action. We finished up our work and came home where I felt more at peace -- by then the LORD sent me some comfort through song, prayer, and distraction ...

I sure could use some prayer for my DH as he deals with the reality that his memory is getting worse every day; and for strength for me becuz it is very hard to be the partner of someone who is struggling in this way and lashes out at me when I am just trying to help him. So I wonder if I should try to help him or just let him fumble along and handle things himself? :shrug: Lord, please send me wisdom ... :?:

Anyways, despite that little blip, we did have glorious :sunny: today so we went to our lot this afternoon and got some things accomplished. We hope to start the floor very soon (beginning of May); and my Dad called and will be up to visit in June sometime.

KAREN ~ those pics are lovely and those doggie seats are sooo cute; Dh loved them! The US is having funny weather this year too ...

MYBESTYEAR ~ yes, becuz we kept having those late snows and cold night temps, the lakes had a harder time melting this year. They may have been melted for just over a week now, I think. Now keep in mind that I not only live in Canada, but northern Ontario as well (about 400 miles south of the James Bay, off the Hudson Bay; in the James Bay frontier as they say). :D

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up. My DH is off on an important trip to the city tomorrow; please pray for safety and angels for a good day for him as he really needs it -- many thanks ... ROSEBUD :flow1:

EZMONEY
04-27-2010, 08:16 PM
HI GALS :)

:^:...sorry for just lurking.....I had hoped to catch up this past week-end but ended up working Saturday in Beverly Hills then going to church and the street fair for most of Sunday.

I have finished the job in 90210 for the most part....there are always changes that will be made. I am off from my company for a little while since I finished Saturday but I have side jobs going on for people that have been waiting for me.

....my boss just called and wants to meet me on a new remodel project tomorrow night at 5pm...so much for my break :D I am blessed to have work...I DO KNOW THAT!! but at my age a break every now and then IS A GOOD THING TOO! ;)

Sunday was Good Shepherd Sunday...I always like that service, the pew Angie and I always...almost always, sit in has the Good Shepherd stained glass window...I just love it! It is hard sometimes to "feel" Him watching over us...but we know He is...what a blessing for us believers :carrot:

Angie is taking a yoga class right now, the ones she teaches at church are really doing well. Pastor said he was "thinking" about joining her class when we left church on Sunday...would be good for him since he is 70 and starting to have a little trouble getting around...he said "I'll join when Gary does!"...I guess he ain't doing any yoga :D

ROSEBUD I am sending prayers up for your DH's memory....it sure is frustrating getting older isn't it :hug: I know how I get "angry" when I can't see small things like I used to...work things like small screws etc. or words...arrrgghhhh...I am always

telling Angie I AM NOT yelling at YOU I am just yelling out of frustration....

she comes back with..."It sure seems like you are yelling AT me!"..:( :mad: :(

complicated.....:hug:

Have a great evening LADIES :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
THANKS GARY ~ I appreciate that you were so open and honest to admit that you have the same struggle as my DH; he says the same as you "that he is really :mad: at himself" ... same issues too: can't find things right in front of him and often calls me to come and help him find it and feels foolish and embarrassed that it is right in front of him and he can't see it even with his glasses on. It's often a color issue too: black on black or light on light, or too small etc. He loses things a lot and I have to help him; thank GOD, that I am good at finding things ... literally!

He was born with a learning and memory challenge (he has all the symptoms of Aspberger's Syndrome), and as he is aging, it is getting noticably worse; so that is scary and frustrating, as you say. Sure is hard being the wife who he wants to help sometimes but not at other times; and I have to guess when it's OK. Sometimes he gets embarrassed if I see or know that he can't remember some things, like how to measure something (manly pride).

Yes, he forgets words too and many, many other things too. Goes up town to mail a letter, but forgets the letter at home (a lot); goes out to the shed but can't remember why he went; loses his wallet and keys all the time; goes to the store and can't remember what for but even forgets to look at the list he has with him and on and on ... it's a daily occurence now.

His mother had Alzheimers and he's terrified that he is developing it too. I know that he is always sorry; and he feels bad that he reacts the way he does. It's like we are both going through the same battle but just on the opposite side of the fence or coin, so2speak ...

I appreciate the prayers; it is comforting to know that others know how we feel. Like I said, we all have our battles in this life, so it's good that we can pray, share, and support each other through them. :hug:

OH, btw -- DH had a safe and successful trip to the city; it was so important to him ... and we are having a good week too, so thanks for all your prayers.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-29-2010, 09:06 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ We've had lovely :sunny: weather all week; what a glorious blessing indeed. DH is doing much better as well. WE went out to our lot mid-week and got some more landscaping stuff done; it's a great time to do this as it's not too hot and there are no buggies out just yet. DH found some really pretty rocks today for my rock garden that look like a kind of quartz and sparkly.

We are just waiting for warmer weather for putting the next layer on the base of our cabin/cottage at the lot. IT was so cold yesterday that we both had to wear gloves on our hands outdoors. We were very tired but we had a great time while we were there.

Today, I was still a bit tired so I just stayed home and rested for the day; and funny that was in two of my devotions today -- to make sure not to overdo it and not make our lives too hectic and stressful.

Jesus would take some time away to a quiet place like a mountain or a beach (Galilee) to pray and commune with GOD; it is really a good way to relax too. Hope you all are having a blessed week too ... Rosebud :flow1:

^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

Karen31
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone, Well, we got the home all taken care of in Colorado and are on our way home. We left our home (used to be) about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. We only drove as far as Lamar, Colorado and stopped for the night. Then this morning we left and drove to Pratt, Kansas. The wind was so bad again that we just decided to stop over and hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Here is a picture that Tim took of Ginger, Sissy and me this morning. I think "us girls" were pretty tired! Anyway, it will sure be good to get back home.

EZMONEY
04-29-2010, 09:34 PM
hi!

Asherdoodles87
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
This is my first time to post in this forum, and I hope it is okay for me to just jump right in. I realized that in order to be successful on my weightloss journey I need to give it over to God. I need to allow him to help me make these changes in my life. I cannot do it alone.

I have been kind of distant from God for a while now. I stopped going to church, reading my bible, and praying. I do not really know why I stopped. I think I lost a bit of faith and was having a hard time accepting God. I had been going to a christian church my entire life basically. I think I felt like I needed to decide on my beliefs myself. Some things happened in my life recently and it caused me to have faith again. I am going to start getting closer to God again. I miss him.

He was born with a learning and memory challenge (he has all the symptoms of Aspberger's Syndrome), and as he is aging, it is getting noticably worse; so that is scary and frustrating, as you say. Sure is hard being the wife who he wants to help sometimes but not at other times; and I have to guess when it's OK. Sometimes he gets embarrassed if I see or know that he can't remember some things, like how to measure something (manly pride).

Yes, he forgets words too and many, many other things too. Goes up town to mail a letter, but forgets the letter at home (a lot); goes out to the shed but can't remember why he went; loses his wallet and keys all the time; goes to the store and can't remember what for but even forgets to look at the list he has with him and on and on ... it's a daily occurence now.

I am dating a wonderful man with Asperger's syndrome. I know that everyone with Asperger's syndrome is different. He doesn't have issues remembering things he wants to do. He's not forgetful, really. He has some social problems like not understanding when to talk during a phone conversation, not making eye contact etc. It's all natural things that are not taught to us. Something else might be going on if your son is very forgetful. I will pray for you and your family. If it is Asperger's lots of people have successful and relatively normal lives. It's supposed to get better with age.

EZMONEY
05-01-2010, 08:21 AM
HI GALS ~ :)

Not much going on here.

Angie and I will take the mutts out for a nice walk this morning....they are all still in bed, I throw the dogs in on her at 6am on Saturday :)

Angie has bell practice at church this morning then we may go to a street fair or something else...a lot going on here in our area....weather is perfect too :carrot:

We tried a new Mediterranean place in our area last night for dinner...I got shrimp kabobs, they were good but for me it felt like more of a lunch place. We plan to go back and try the gyros one day soon.

ASHERDOODLES WELCOME :) and do jump right on in.

Well have a great week-end gals :hug:

Bootsie
05-01-2010, 09:18 AM
WELCOME ASHERDOODLES!

EZMONEY
05-01-2010, 01:26 PM
STOP! And go here ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/200791-christian-encouragers-may.html#post3272300