Weight Loss Support - Holidays + Birthdays = Tempting!

View Full Version : Holidays + Birthdays = Tempting!

Avezy44
04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
So I VERY recently decided to become a vegan. I have never really been one for meat anyways. That's not really my issue, my issue is my sweet tooth. My birthday is tomorrow..and so is Easter = Cake and Candy.. However, I am the one cooking so the only temptation will be the cupcakes. Anyone have any tricks to avoiding sweets? I am having a birthday party next week.. soo... the cake avoiding advice would do double duty this week. Thanks!

:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

utgirl09
04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I gave up sugar for Lent, and I thought it would be hard. The only thing that kept me from added sugar was knowing I could have fruit. It does satisfy my sweet tooth. If I were you I would have on hand some of your favorite fruit. Since I gave up sugar for for Lent, technically tomorrow I am allowed to have added sugars again, but I have no desire to re-introduce them. My tastes really have changed. I am sure yours will too. Plus, I have a couple of vegan friends who do make sweets. I am sure you can google it and find some healthy sweet vegan-friendly recipes .

Happy Birthday!

angelskeep
04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Ummm....if you truly want to do vegan, then you cannot eat butter, or milk or eggs...no cake for you. Cookies neither. No sour cream. None of the stuff that usually goes with the sugar to make all the sweet goodies that are so tempting. Vegans do not eat any animal products at all. Vegetarians often eat animal products but not flesh.

Dunno if that helps or not.

Barb

giselley
04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
I agree with angelskeep above. Vegans are really specific about what they can eat. They totally stay away from non-vegan sweets. I was a vegetarian for about 5 years-- but an ovo-lacto. I got totally fat on rice and potatoes, not on cake though.

Avezy44
04-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Oh wow, I totally thought vegan and vegetarian were the same thing. lol I am so out of the loop. Thanks for the advice :)