Mini-Goals - Why didn't I do this before?!

View Full Version : Why didn't I do this before?!

JennieLovesKisses
04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
March 28th I bought a fabric measuring tape so I can start taking measurements on fitday.com. Well its been almost a week since then and I thought, what the heck I'll see if anything has changed. I was surprised to find I lost:

1/4 inches in my neck
1/2 inch in my bicep
1/2 inch in my chest
1inch in my waist
1/2inch in my hips
1/2inch im my thigh
Forearm and Calf stayed the same.

Now I wish I would have started measuring from the beginning! >.<

and I'm so excited to see what happens next week, haha. :carrot:

mdchick88
04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I've been measuring too... my boyfriend had reminded me that I don't have my weight tattooed on my forehead, and my actual size is what people see, not the number. And, of course the whole muscle-weighs-more-than-fat thing means that while the scale might not budge, your measurements may change while exchanging fat for that much preferred muscle!!

Avezy44
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow! I have one, I never wrote anything down though.. But you've inspired me to do so now, since I am only about a month into this :) My trainer used to take my measurements about 2 years ago when I only weighed 210 and lost 35 lbs and 14 inches.. I wish I never gained it all back (and then some) But inches, I think are so much more motivating than weight. :)

JennieLovesKisses
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
It really is! I actually did a Biggest Loser Challenge back when I went to our local YMCA gym and my trainer used to take measurements as well, but after losing 17lbs during it never seemed like my body stats changed much and I never thought to do that myself until one of my girlfriends made me last week. I think I have such a weird body shape (pear) thats its hard to notice when/where I'm losing this weight.

renstwin
04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Congratulations!

kay lee
04-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I am inspired as well. I'll have fitness usa do them tomorrow.

Ang2877
04-05-2010, 03:21 AM
Wow good job! Measuring is an awesome way to see achievement in your journey!