General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Cool Richard Simmons Foodmover

Hello all...

Starting on Monday, I will use the foodmover to keep track of my food choices. I will start at 1200 calorie card. I have over 100 Lbs to lose, currently am at 350.

I am hoping on making some online diet pals who is also doing his plan.

Enjoy your day.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not using the Food Mover, but I am using a similar exchange plan.

I love food exchange plans, because most are entirely compatible, so that cookbooks are usually interchangeable (I collect exchange cookbooks also).

There are several of us "exchangers" here, and we've tried to keep a thread going, but it often gets dropped for one reason or another, so we just pick it up in a new thread, usually (if you search on "exchange plans" you'll find several of our threads).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I like exchanges too, and I have one or two foodmovers for my purses.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #4  
Happy Member

Hi, Lilian:

If you are currently at 350 lbs. you should start with at least the 2000 calorie card, not the 1200 calorie card. This is according to the instruction booklet that came with my Foodmover. Then as you lose the weight you move on down to a lower calorie count. You need to be at about 149 lbs. in order to use the 1200 calorie card.

I don't mean to discourage you on your weight-loss journey, but starting at a too-low calorie card could put you on the road to disappointment.

I lost about 60 lbs. with the Foodmover, it is a good program that can and will work for you.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 04-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Thank you all.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, you know I'm glad I saw this thread on Richard Simmons. Although I don't use his diet, I was always a big fan of his Sweatin To the Oldies videos for exercise.

When videos became obsolete I ditched them. Your thread made me think of them again. So I went into his website and learned there's a new Sweatin to the Oldies #5 DVD. It's available on his website and QVC will be premiering his new weight loss program the end of April. I am posting this in case you who are following his Food Mover system are interested.

I will definitely be watching to purchase the new Sweatin to the Oldies DVD.

Thanks for the thread! I've always liked Richard Simmons and think he's a good person.
dd2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Isn't the 1200 calories known as Blast Off Week in the Foodmover program?
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #8  
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Isn't the 1200 calories known as Blast Off Week in the Foodmover program?
Yes, the first week is known as Blast Off week, and it has a special card in the kit. I didn't follow the Blast Off week myself, and went directly to the card appropriate for my weight at the time.

Blast Off week is a week to get your body changed in preparation for your new healthy way of eating. After this one special week, you then proceed to the card appropriate for your new healthy eating and exercise life.

Many people will repeat the Blast Off week if their weight loss progress hits one of those dreaded "plateaus."

The Richard Simmons program is a great program, simple to use, and it works. May all of us have success as we lost those unwanted lbs.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #9  

Default New Food Mover?

I have a food mover that I bought about 5 years ago.I noticed that the new one is purple is it the same as my blue one? Do you think I need to get the new one? Ann
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #10  
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia54 View Post
I have a food mover that I bought about 5 years ago.I noticed that the new one is purple is it the same as my blue one? Do you think I need to get the new one? Ann
I bought my first Foodmover in 2000. I bought another one, a differently colored one in about 2005. It turned out to be about the same as the one I originally had, so I gave it to a friend in order to help her on her weight-loss journey.

The purple Foodmover might be a bit different than the blue Foodmover, it might have some added quirks or details that could be helpful to you.

I'm not answering your question, am I? No, I'm not. And for your information, my Foodmover is grey.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #11  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I've had grey, gold, and purple. It's basically the same mover, they just change the plastic color sometimes.

I don't pay attention to the books it comes with since I just want the mover for my purses.

So maybe the changes are in the recipes? Like new recipes or something? Someone else will have to comment there.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-05-2010 at 11:43 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #12  

Hi, I am new to this site. My name is Mary and I did the food mover plan back in 99-00 and lost 80 pounds, but then became pregnant with my third child and gained all my weight back plus some. It has been 9 years since then and it is time to do something about this weight. I am ready to get back on plan and feel the food mover is the best way to go. I was never ever hungry when on this plan. I exercised 5-6 days a week when I lost the first time. I would love if I had someone to help along the way. I see no one has been on since April and was wondering how everyone is doing on this plan. I don't like to buy diet food because I am on a budget and it gets real expensive and with Richards plan you can get regular food and use it. I loved how I felt when I lost all that weight. It is just hard to start again. My kids are older now and it is just time to do it. I have been reading all your posts and it is all so encouraging. I look forward to coming here more and more. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,
Mary Lowe
imchrissysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #13  
Happy Member

Welcome, Mary:

Yes, the food mover and Richard's healthy eating and exercise plan is a very doable plan. I am 'maintaining' my weight loss on the plan with success.

Best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey. Feel free to ask questions and hopefully one of us can answer them.

I know it is hard to start again, but if you start NOW, you will lose more weight by the end of 2010 than you would lose if you didn't start NOW.

Keep posting, and we'll keep answering.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #14  
300+ Chick

I restarted the foodmover today..and it is helping me, 2000 calorie card.. I even brought a calorie counter book, so I can close the windows. I also have his videos, which am going to start sweatin to build up on his hour long low impact moves.

I Love him and he makes me laugh. I don't go on his website, can't afford it..and am sad that people don't use his foodmover. I have a gray one and an extra one that is gold. Had brought it years ago on QVC.

I have his Project Me audio cassettes, but don't have a cassette player.Need to find ,so I can listen to him.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #15  
Happy Member

Good for you, Liliann. Richard has helped me a lot in my weight-loss journey, and I know he will be a help to you.

I can't afford his website either. But just keep coming here and we will encourage you onward and downward.

Take it a day at a time, and keep at it. Richard's Foodmover WORKS!!!