South Beach Diet - Fiber?!

View Full Version : Fiber?!

04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere for this but after sifting through some of the search results I'm still uncertain of where it is (over 500 results o.o).

Obvious fiber is necessary to being "normal", my question is did anyone find that in phase one you had to supplement? the 25 grams of recommended fiber isn't happening with my food plan even though I'm eating more veggies then the food plan says is the minimum. Or did you not supplement and find that even below the 25g reccomended everything was a ok.

Also, if you did supplement, what brand/flavor do you recommend?

CyndiM
04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Beans and high density vegetables are the secret. They also really fill you up and keep you full. I usually get twice the RDA of fiber

TallGirl
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Yup, lots of beans and veggies and I didn't have any issues. I've never counted fiber grams, even before SBD. I just aim to eat as much as I can and choose higher fiber foods whenever possible.

jenne1017
04-03-2010, 12:47 AM
I did supplement and used SF Fiber Choice chewables. Taste decent, nothing to drink either ;)

Heidi58
04-03-2010, 06:25 AM
I used the Fiber Choice SF chewables too. I used them before South Beach anyway but had to increase when I was doing phase 1.

Water, water, water makes a huge difference, too.