WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for April.......

jar1965
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone! We are a great group of girls working hard on losing weight and or maintaining our weight losses. We come here and share our stories! All kinds of stories, weight loss - to our kids birthday parties and much much more! Please feel free to jump right in!

jar1965
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Happy Good Friday everyone!

I hope everyone is well and having great weather like us!

Susan - the holiday will be hard but know I am thinking of you and your family!:hug:

Happy Easter everyone! Thank you all for being here! You really are some of my best friends!:easter2:

auntie
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for starting us off Jeanne!!!

I had off today. Pat took the day off too. We were going to go home but decided to stay here this weekend. I really needed a weekend of nothing! I've been calling Momma 2-3 times a day to check on her. She might be thinking "I wish this kid would leave me alone" :) We are doing ok! Momma is a pilar of strength!!! It's unbelieveable. As for me, I have my moments, I teared up in the car today, cried going to bed last night. It's just so hard to believe that Daddy isn't here. However, I know that he is taking care of my baby!!! My sister is the same way!

Tammy, are you counting the weeks until the wedding?

Tina, glad your surgery is over! I hope that you have no pain once it all heals again!!

I'm not really up to chatting lately. I promise that I will soon. I've also not done so well on my food. I'm actually up a little but I understand why. I'm getting it in gear again!

auntie
04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!! I really appreciate it. Please keep my Mom in your prayers that she continues to do well.

Tina
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Happy Saturday!
Jeanne, thank you so much for starting us off. Hey, I like your tracker. :)

Susan, it's probably good for you to stay put this weekend. You are physically and mentally exhausted.
Yes, you can smile and think about your dad being with Seamus. :hug:
Dori, how are you doing? How was spring break?
Stephanie, Donna, Sis, what's going on?
Marion, have you fully recovered from that "bug" yet?
Maureen, you are way too quiet on here!!!!!!
Is your condo exactly the way you want it? How is that new car?

I really need to weigh on my scales. I know that I've lost some. And, I know that it will want to return when I begin eating as usual. :o I'm making sure that I eat small portions for now. Gas is no fun. (Oops!)
We got a package deal with cable when we moved. Now I can lie on the sofa and watch 5 HBO channels. :lol: Isn't that crazy!
Tammy, what color is your mother's wedding dress? I don't remember if you told us?

Okay, Larry has gone grocery shopping for tomorrow. I can't wait to see what he brings home.
:easter:

maureen kempster
04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone

I'm off for a 3 day weekend-this is when I wished I worked for the government they get a 4 day weekend!! our weather's been fantastic-I think we tied Miami for being the hottest day in north america yesterday(80 F) and it's nice again today-so far today i'm sticking to a good eating program-I tried to go biking for a while but there are so many hills around my place that I didn't manage to get too far-but I did get out walking for about 30 minutes.-tomorrow I'm picking up my mom and we'll have brunch with my sister & her family-I might try and see if I can find my other sister's place by car and visit her in the afternoon.

Susan, prayers are coming your way and for you and your mom. take care of yourself.
Marion, how's the weather in Kitchener? hope you're enjoying your long weekend.
Tammy, you've been quiet-how are you doing?
Tina, my condo is coming along but I would like to change counter tops in the kitchen & bathroom-and sinks, fawcets etc-then of course i'd need new appliances so I have to wait a bit for all that-or find a rich old guy!!! or get a second job(that's probably more likely to happen than meeting anyone)
take care all and have a great Easter

maureen

Tina
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Maureen, if I find any rich old or young guys, I'll send them up your way. :lol:

maureen kempster
04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
:dizzy:Tina-you being from Texas make that an Oil baron or a rancher lol:D

Tina
04-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Oil barons are a thing of the past---along with the TV show, "Dallas." :lol: I'll look for a rancher.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

jar1965
04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
:easter2:HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

maureen kempster
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone
I hope you're all having a Great Happy Easter-It's nice again today-went for a walk and found a bike/walking path not too far away-I am going to buy a new pair of rollerblades - I'd like to know what you all think of treadmills. I like walking but it's so hilly around here that it's not really that enjoyable-do you think treadmills are a good investment or just something else to hang clothes on.

talk to you all later

maureen

Tammy
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi! Remember me? Just too much stupid stuff going on, and I haven't been on here.

Jeanne, I'm sure you have been super busy! I look at the pictures on facebook, and I drool! lol This session at the Y is finishing up, so I'll be done with the aerobics and the zumba. Next session starts the 12th. I'm taking Boot Camp (not actually sure what it is yet) and a Walking & Weights class.

Maureen, hooray for the new car! come and take us a ride!! Sounds like you had some nice plans for the weekend! Hope you enjoyed time with family.

Dori, hope you are feeling better, I just read the post from 3/24.

Marion, hope you enjoyed King Tut and your favorite restaurant! How did Dan's job interview go?

Susan, Lauren has been counting down the days till the wedding on Facebook. She keeps me going.

Tina, LOL to the gas! Too Funny!!!! 5 HBO channels should keep you busy and out of trouble. My dress for the wedding is brown, almost a copper color. I've never figured out how to put pictures on here, so I can't show you.

Tim and Lauren spent the weekend washing up all the gifts from the wedding showers and getting things organized in the apartment. May 15 will be here before we know it! Today they cleaned my enclosed porch. Clean windows are so nice! Maurice and I have been sitting out there some, and now that it is clean I'm sure we will be out there more often.

I restarted my tracker for the zillionth time.
Happy Easter!!

maureen kempster
04-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Tammy,

put the pictures on facebook-then we can see your dress-boy you sound busy-you always make me tired after I read your posts LOL
enjoy

Tammy
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Why didn't I think of that????? Ok, just went to Facebook, and you can all see the dress now. Hope you like it! Hope I don't gain any weight between now and then!!

Tina
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Tammy, great picture. Did you buy shoes to match. :)

going2dabeach
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow.. didn't realize I had been gone so long. It was just two weeks but seems like forever. We have had so much unexpected stuff going on that I haven't been able to handle my "expected" stuff. If that makes any sense. But I'm back. I've stayed pretty much OP but haven't been on the wagon completely. Climbed back up today & am not going anywhere.

Don't know how much I'll be able to post for awhile. We moved & have not had our internet turned back on yet. That's the project for the week. So, for now, I'm posting from work.

Gotta run! Just thought I'd check in & let everyone know I was still around. (I'll have to catch up on the posts in between phone calls & clients. Will "talk" to everyone later!)

Hope y'all had a great Easter weekend.

Tammy
04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Tina, I did get shoes to match. Not a very high heel because I want to be able to walk!!

Stephanie, glad to know that it wasn't just me who hadn't been around!

I've journaled food 3 days in a row now. Drinking my water. I would like to lose something before the wedding, so I reset the tracker.

auntie
04-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Howdy,

Ok, I don't know if I told you or not but I had to go to the Oby gyn for my 6 weeks post op appointment last week. He did blood work because my pre op blood work my blood sugar was up a little, trigcylerides were elevated. So I went last week, did more blood work. Well, I told them to please let my dr (the one that was going to his office and I've gone to for 15 years) know about my dad. She called me today to check on me!!! I just love her!!! She said she wants me to cut out all simple sugars!!! for 8weeks. Then come in for more blood work. She thinks it might start me losing weight too. If it doesn't she said we would talk. I asked her about her continuing see me since she switched offices. She said, get your file over here and of course she had planned on seeing me. What a relief!!!! She knows me so well!! Now she is with the OB! She sent me to him when I was pregnant!

Nothing new here!!! I get evaluated sometime this week. I wish they would just come and get it over with!! However, only 4 days left to do it. :)

Tina
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Good morning
Stephanie, it's great to see you back. :dance: I know all about not having the internet. (We must moved, too.) It helps to have a laptop. :D
Please continue to write from the office. :o

Tammy--good choice on low heels.

Susan, I'm sooo glad you can see that same dr. Not only does she know you, but you trust her.

Marion, how was the trip?
Maureen, Yes to the treadmill. I've had one for about 6 years and I love it. Get your Ipod, or whatever, and walk away.........

Where is everyone?????

I'm still upstairs. I'd better take me and my sore tummy down to the 2nd floor so I can eat something.....still haven't had breakfast.
We bought a Sunbeam hot water maker for up here. This way, I can fix hot tea when I wake up. Neat!

:flow1:

auntie
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Tina, how are you feeling? I think that's great about the hot water maker!

I do trust my doctor. She is really good and really listens. I'll do whatever she says.

I've gone 2 days with no simple sugars! I've cut it all out! So I guess I'm off to a start! I'll let you know.

Tammy
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Susan, that is so sweet of your doctor to call and check on you! have fun with the evaluation. Ha. Good for you for staying away from simple sugars.

Tina, that is a great idea about the hot water thingy!

Long day. Volunteering the next 3 mornings at the Christian radio station. I start at 6:00 each morning, and I'm not sure how long I will be there. I always have a fun time.

auntie
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
OH I forgot to tell ya'll, I had my evaluation today. The deaf ed coordinator came and the assistant principal. Before it was just the deaf ed coordinator but they switched it to the assistant principal this year. My deaf ed coordinator came to help out.

Another thing, I got a call from the deaf coordinator after school. I have to help out with some testing on another campus. Yuck!!!! So the next 3 afternoons I have to go to the senior high to help out. Only because mine is all done.

Mimi4fun
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry I have been missing so much.
I've been walking a lot (17Km this week)and enjoying the fine weather (in between the raindrops).
The spring flowers are blooming so beautiful out and no mosquitos yet.
King Tut was pretty good but not as amazing as the one I saw in 79.
Dinner was great and we all brought home leftovers (next time no appetizers)
Dan has had a few more interested jobs but only the one full time and they are really dragging their heels making a decision.
Tammy the dress is really pretty, does the jacket come off if you get warm?
Tina take care of yourself and please no heavy lifting.
Susan sounds like sticking to no sugars will help (all of us for that matter) glad the family is doing ok. think of you often.
Jeanne thanks for the Easter wishes do you get to take it easy at work for a bit?
Maureen shop around for that treadmill and try it out first.
Stephanie I'll be moving again soon hopefully this is the last one for a while.

Gotta go for an online lecture I'll check in again soon.

Tammy
04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Susan, not fair that you have to help with the testing since yours is done. Boo!!!!

Marion, bringing home leftovers is a good thing! lol to appetizers. About my dress, yes the jacket does come off. I hope I don't get too warm because I hate to show my arms! The jacket isn't too heavy though.

I didn't make it to the radio station this morning. Had to call in sick. Up most of the night. just ate some toast, so maybe I'll be feeling better soon.

Tina
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Morning, :carrot:
Susan, I'm glad you got your review over with. Boo to going some place else. Good luck giving up sugars. Sounds like you are doing good so far. :hug: Still thinking about you and your family.

Tammy, I'm sorry you're yucky. Not a pleasant thing at all. Oh my, I don't like to show my arms, either. I have not been exercising them and it shows. :lol: Shows :lol:

Maureen, have you looked at treadmills yet?

Marion, I hope Dan hears something soon. That is so frustrating for him and you! I've heard a lot about the King Tut exhibit being smaller nowadays. At least we saw it when it was better. (Where did you see it in '79? I saw it in Chicago.)

Jeanne, are you resting?
Dori, how are you?
Stephanie, keep posting from work. :o

I go to the dr.'s for my 1-week check-up. I've got a list of questions to take.

Mimi4fun
04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Tammy sorry you aren't well, something you ate??
Susan at least helping to evaluating others gets you brownie points with the boss.
Tina we saw the exhibit at the art gallery in Toronto both times. It was only about 1/3 the size of the original, and not much gold at all but a lot of stone statues from other pharoahs (sp?) a long wait to get in too.
Why is it everytime I have to wait in line there is some really annoying person with a BIG mouth close by. The guy in front of us never shut up the whole time we were waiting. My boys kept rolling there eyes. and he had bad gas too so it was a long painful wait.
Happy springtime to all. Do you southern ladies get tulips, hyacinths etc to bloom?

jar1965
04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone! Busy busy busy here! Just recovering from the Easter season & rush at work. Jessica is moving into a fix er upper! So we have been fixing up in our spare time and still working hard at staying motivated and OP! None of my old clothes fit anymore!:carrot:

Tina - Hope you are feeling better soon! I'm sorry you were laid up at just a needing time to be up and at it with your new house! I'm sure you are resting comfortablly!

Susan - thinking of you too! Hope you are feeling better!

Tammy - love the dress!!!! I checked it out on FB the day you posted it! The wedding will be here before you know it! Hope you are feelling better and sorry you had to miss your day at the radio station!

Marion - Hi! I have tulips and daffidols up in my yard! And the apple blossom trees are sooooooo beautiful!

Have a good day ladies!

Tina
04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes, we have tulips and all kinds of beautiful flowers down here. Tulips have always been difficult for me to grow because of all the wetness in the yard. But, that was just my yard.
Jeanne, what a great thing about Jessica getting a place. I'll bet you are having fun fixing it up.

I'm having a very hard time not cleaning the floors and basins, etc. Hopefully, I'll be up to it soon.

auntie
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi ya'll,
Just a quick post. Well I went over to the other campus on Wednesday to help out. Got a lot done. Came home, I had dinner with an old friend at a Mexican restaurant. I ate 6, yes only 6 chip.... no rice either. I just ate the meat!

At 2 am, I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up. Stumbled to the bathroom. Luckily nothing happened. I took some medicine that I had. Got back in bed, and tossed and turned. It hurt to lay on my stomach. So when I got up for work, the room was spinning. I sat down on the bed and then tried again. I said to Pat "I'm NOT going to work today." I called in. I NEVER and mean NEVER call in sick. I go if I'm sick or not. I sleep until 2 pm, took a shower and then slept the rest of the day in the chair. I had a fever of 101. Pat was going to have dinner last night with someone he has known a long time. He is a doctor. He told Pat what I had was a 24-48 hour bug. When Pat came home, he had me a small milkshake. I hadn't eaten anything all day long. It stayed down. I called yesterday afternoon and said I wouldn't be in today either. Today I feel better, still no strength or energy. Ready for a nap. I've been awake about 3 hours.

Tina
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi,

Susan, I'm so sorry about your "bug." Feeling sick is one of the worst feelings.

I had a good dr. visit. He removed the strips (no staples this time) and said to take lots of Advil to get rid of the soreness. I'll have to take a lot! :lol:
Exercise----nothing but walking--don't feel like anything else anyway.
I can lift 15 lbs, instead of 10 lbs. I guess I need to carry around scales.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend. Larry has to work all day tomorrow. I'll be lonely. He's off Sunday. Maybe he and David will come home from church by way of a seafood restaurant. :)

jar1965
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Morning Ladies!:coffee:

It's a cool but a beautiful sunny day here! I am scrubbing baseboards, windows and curtains today! I love spring cleaning!:dizzy:
Later I am going to Jessicas to do some work at her house. Her dad is laying a new floor in the bathroom today!
Bob goes into work at 3 today and doesn't come home again until tom. mornign at 7! Urgh! I hate when he is on doubles! It makes for a long day!

Well I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP! I have been pounding my water down while cleaning! I'll letcha' know how I do tomorrow.

:dust: (weekend willpower dust!)

Tina
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Hello, hello :D

It's a nice rainy day here. (Did I say "nice" to rain? :o )
Jeanne, I wish you'd come on down and go over my marble floors. It'll still be awhile before I can do that. I'd like to go over bathrooms and the entryhall. How much would you charge????? :lol:

Susan, are you still urpy?

Everyone have a great weekend.

:hug:

auntie
04-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi,
Jeanne come to my house and clean please :D

Tina, I'm still urpy!!!!! I feel better today but not great. Ate a little but not a lot. Had more energy but not full speed yet. Just enough that Pat is forgetting that I'm sick!!!! I think tomorrow I'll feel pretty good. I'm sure it doesn't have to do with any of the stress I've been under either. I swear Thursday, I slept 24 hours straight!!!!!

Off to get some water! It's the only thing that sounds good.

maureen kempster
04-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Good morning all

Jeanne did you get all your cleaning done-I like what the place looks like after it's cleaned, but I don't like doing the cleaning!!
Tina, how are you liking your new place and is everything unpacked? Still waiting for pictures.
Susan, hope you're feeling better today.
Marion, how's the weather in Kitchener? It's sunny right now but a bit cool here.
I picked up a treadmill on tuesday. Since wednesday I've been doing 15 min at 5AM(or when I get up) 15 min when I get home and 15 min before I go to bed. Today I upped the session to 25 min when I got up. I vary the programs. Now what I'd like to know is will that be an okay way to use it or should I just wait until I come home from work and do a longer session. Does it matter as long as I'm on it and moving?

I have to do a bit of work from home(they gave me remote access to my office computer) so I'll be back later-have a great day

maureen

Mimi4fun
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
No I think its better if you break it up that way you won't get so bored and its only 15 minutes or so, easy to fit in.

I'm studying organic chemistry and biology this weekend, I'm going to write a test on Tuesday with hopes of getting into another program.

Tina
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi all,
I've heard it both ways. Some people think it's best to break it up into several treadmill sessions. Others think the only way to burn fat is to do at least 30 minutes at a time.
Mimi, you sound so energetic. Good luck writing your test. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Everyone have a great Monday.

Ladybug2680
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello ladies. Seems as though I've been gone for ages. Last week was Spring Break for us and it was beautiful weather. We left Wednesday to head down to Justin's parents. Got in a little bit of exerices, but by Saturday my throat was killing me. We headed home Sunday and I found myself in the ER. Extremely sore throat, chills, and a fever. I'm sure I have strep, but the dr wouldn't do a test because he said they aren't that reliable for adults. Gave me a 15 day supply of antibotics and sent me on my way. Had a follow up with my regular dr today and he said that sometimes reflux can cause sore throats and such so he has put me on Zantac at night along with Zyrtec for allergies. I have also been experiencing migraine headaches more frequently (1 or 2 a month) so he put me on a low dose of Topamax. He wants to see me back in 6 weeks to discuss the Topamax and sending me for a head scan. Overall, I'm doing great though.

Susan - Sorry to hear you've been sick. Sounds like the bug I had a few weeks ago. Nasty stuff.

Tina - Glad that you're settling in nicely. Don't over do it.

Mimi - Good luck writing your test. I hope you get into your program.

Maureen - I like being able to work out in small increments. Helps me to stay focused and not dread it.

Jeanne - I love Spring cleaning as well. In fact after I finish posting I'm going to start on some.

Well ladies I will run for now. Talk to you all later. :dance:

Tammy
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Marion, I groaned when you said that about being stuck in a line with a Big Mouth person! When tim and I were at Disney last year, we were in the ride "It's a Small World". A man whisted the entire time during the boat ride, and he was loud and out of tune! It was awful!!! Organic chemistry and biology? I don't want to help with that.

Susan, hope you feel lots better! I feel better, then I feel icky again. Just weird.

Tina, be careful and follow the doctor's orders so you get back to "normal" soon. lol

Jeanne, you said you would be at my house to clean stuff on what day and time????

Maureen, cool about the treadmill! I don't think it matters how long because it all adds up. At least that's what the gal at the Y told us one day.

Dori, feel free to stop by my place when Jeanne is here to clean. I'll treat you both to dinner.

I'm off to meet a friend for dinner, then I have Bible Study tonight.

Ladybug2680
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Tammy and Jeanne - What part of Ohio are you in? I will in Canton this July.

jar1965
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Dori - I'm an hour from Canton!!!:D We should meet!!!!!!!

Tammy
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm on the other side of the state, maybe 3 1/2 hours. I can drive there and meet both of you! When in July will you be in Canton?

Today was my first day of class for this session. I took a break from things last week, and I guess I shouldn't have. I felt like I had never taken a class before. My heartrate was up to 189, and it took forever to get it down below 170. I don't know why mine goes up so high so fast. I've talked to the doctor about it, and he isn't concerned. I'm supposed to have a walking and weights class after the first one, but I had a chiropractor appointment today. Thought I should take a shower before I went to the appointment. lol

Tomorrow I am going on another casino bus trip. It's a mystery casino trip. She won't tell us where we are going. We know what time we leave. We don't even know for sure when we get home. She's a stinker!

Hope everyone is having a good day! It's sunny here, but it really isn't that warm.

Ladybug2680
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure about the dates just yet, but should know by the first of next week. I will keep you informed. :)

Tina
04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi,
That's not fair. :(:(:(:( I want to come, too.

Mimi4fun
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Good and Bad news

Bad News; Dan was diagnosed yesterday as being diabetic, so eating for him will have to change. Hopefully if he looses a bunch of weight his blood sugars will normalize but for now its meds.
Good news; I was accepted into the parttime Support worker to Practical nurse program at the college. I will be going 1 day a week all year long for a couple of years then one term full time.

maureen kempster
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
sorry to hear about Dan(that's your son right?) but like you say if his weight drops he'll probably normalize. Good on your program. You'll do it
Well, I'm on week 2 of treadmilling-I'm up to 25 minutes, 3 times a day-I vary the program. So hopefully it'll help in the weight loss.

I've got to do some work from home so I'll see you all later

take care

maureen

Tammy
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Tina, come on up!!!

Marion, wow to Dan going on meds right away. I hope that weight loss will help him. Congrats to you on the new adventure you'll be starting!!!

Maureen, good job on the treadmill!!

auntie
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I want to come too!!!!!!

Mimi, congratulations!!!! How exciting! I'm sorry to hear about Dan. Tell him to take care of himself!!!!

Maureen, good job exercising.

As for me, I'm just as of today feeling normal!!! Ok Ok.... whatever, normal is for me! I have energy again. I even gave blood! I got home and now Pat is running fever. So far he isn't dizzy! If he was, he wouldn't tell me :)

I am doing good not eating simple sugars. So far no weight loss yet. I'm hoping it will help with my tricglyerides.

Tina
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I, too, am so sorry about Dan. How is he taking the news? Wow, good for you becoming a practical nurse!
Maureen, you are really going to be needing new clothes soon. All that exercise will wittle away the inches.

jar1965
04-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee: TGIF! Did I say TGIF!!!! Urghhhhhh, so glad this week is over!

Marion - :carrot::carrot:Woohoooo & sooooooo proud of you!!! You go girl! I've always wanted to do that!:carrot::carrot:
I do believe that if Dan drops the weight, things will straighten themselves out. But in the meantime - make sure he takes his meds and eats right!:hug:

Tammy & Dori - Yes, lets make this work! Soooooo exciting!!!

Tina - We want you to come too! And everyone else too!!! booo!:hug:
When we do, we will make sure to get pics and post them! I'm sooooo excited! hahaha, I'm so corny!

Susan - I really wish you guys could come too! Maybe someday we will all have a "meet our 3FC friends" day! We should book a cruise. hahhaha!
So glad that you are feeling "normal"! Good for you! Sorry Pat is feeling under the weather!

Maureen - Wow....you go girl!

Well everyone - have a wonderful Friday! I can't wait for it to be over! I really had a hectic, tiring week! I did feel better after zumba, but just can't shake the sleepies!!!! :yawn:

Tina
04-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Morning all,
Jeanne, this group had seriously discussed meeting in New Orleans. Then The Hurricane blew in and ruined NO.

Glad it's Friday for everyone.
Susan, I'm so glad you are feeling better but Boo to Pat getting sick. It's almost impossible not to catch something from the other person.
Tammy, I thought you were going on a mystery trip. Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday?
Maureen, you go girl!!!!!!!
Mimi, how long have you planned on your new career? My aunt was a nurse and always hoped I would be. Not for me!
Dori, I'm glad you had a good spring break.

Nikki, where are you girl?
Stephanie, get on that work computer and post. :)

It's early and I'm still feeling the effects of that pain pill I took. :lol: Maybe I'll just get a cup of hot tea and go back to bed before my shower.
Ta..Ta..

auntie
04-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Yesterday my class just gets back from a fieldtrip to Walmart (It was a quick trip) and one of my students doesn't look well. My assistant took him to the clinic and he threw up!!!! He went home. Then today, one of kids' mom text me and said that my other student was sick! Yesterday afternoon, we cleaned all surfaces with disinfectant and I opened the windows. I'm taking extra vitamin C!!!!!!

I have to tell ya'll this no simple sugar thing..... is making me NOT hungry at all! It's strange!!! I'm not complaining. I don't have cravings either!!!

jar1965
04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
:carrot: Down 4# this week!!!!! I wegh 220#!!!! I'm sooooo excited! :carrot:

Tina
04-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Good morning,
i hope everyone had a great Saturday.

Has anyone been to a Starbuck's lately? I actually got out for a few minutes yesterday (even with great soreness) and we went to Starbuck's. I ordered my mocha frapp only to taste something horrible.
They said that they no longer use corn syrup. Wow :dizzy: What a bad taste without it.

How many people cook on gas stoves? How many on electric?
Which do you like the most?????
I have not cooked with gas since I left home. Now I have this beautiful GE Profile gas range. It's going to take a while to get used to it.

Have a great Sunday!

jar1965
04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Tina - I have had an electric range for about 7 years! But for 21 years before that I cooked on gas! I can say I like my electric range and am use to it now. BUT I LOVED MY GAS stove! hahah!

Have fun with it and so glad you got out yesterday!

Tina
04-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Jeanne, we were posting at the same time. Congratulations on that wonderful loss!!!!!

jar1965
04-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks Tina! I'm sooooo excited to hit 220 that I've been dancing around the house smiling! hahah!

maureen kempster
04-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Way to go Jeanne-keep it up(or should I say down??) Tina, I've never cooked on a gas stove, but I've always heard that anyone who has cooked on them just love them-
I'm still working on the treadmill everyday-3 times for 25 minutes each time-I'm on day 10 and I've managed to lose about 2 lbs. So, I'm happy.
I'm going to see 2 cats that are being given away. I want my cat to have some company. i'll let you know how that turns out

have a great sunday all

talk to you later

maureen

jar1965
04-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks Maureen!

Hi everyone! So yesterday I weigh out a nice portion of milk chocolate at work. (just because I had to have some) 3 oz. - ate it with my yogurt and then went to add it to my tracker......... 3 OZ. IS 10.5 POINTS!!!!!!!! lesson learned here.........check the points value BEFORE you eat it! hahah! Its all good. Bob & I WALKED uptown for dinner with friends and I had lemon cod = 3 points and 2 cups of cooked broccoli = 0 points. I dip my broccoli in honey mustard. So I had the points to use.....but....stilll....

anyways.........

hope you all have a terrific tuesday! Stay OP! Drink your water and shake those bootys!

Mimi4fun
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Jeanne; great news about the weight loss. Sounds like you have the points principle down right (an indulgence is counterbalanced with a non indulgence)
Great news and great work!
Maureen; sounds like you love your new treadmill, I know what you mean about going up and down hills, I find them hard on my knees and back.
Tina; sorry the coffee sucks without corn syrup but there is a big backlash going on about using corn sweeteners due to the fructose content, metabolises in your liver as a blood fat. I'm sure you will love your new gas range. The temp control is so much faster than electric, all the pros use gas.
Susan; hope you don't get it, maybe something in the cafeteria?

as for going into the nursing I have wished that I could do it for the last 10 years, but couldn't afford to take 2 years to go to school with no income coming in. I just found out about this new bridging course from one career to another on the Friday I got right on the phone and was officially accepted on the following Wed. So its off to school for me starting in May.

Tammy, Dori and others I may have missed updates from enjoy your spring.

PS. Dan and I are going to the endocrinologist tomorrow morning his blood sugars are still high so I am crossing my fingers that he won't need to take insulin. He has been eating well and exercising so I hope that will help with the battle.

auntie
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi all,

I still don't have much energy but I think it will come back on June 5 when school is out!!! I think my life is just catching up with me. I think with all that has gone on!

Mimi, there is a bug going around at school. I think it just hit my room! Hopefully, I won't get it again. I'm excited about your new program!!!

Tina, how are you feeling? how's the new place?

Jeanne, Can you order chocolate and have it shipped?

Tammy, the big day is coming soon!!! Is everyone excited?

Maureen, how is the treadmill? That is great all you are doing?

Nikki, how far along are you now?

jar1965
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Susan! Yes, we do ship!!!! Not too much in the summertime tho. I can get you out something if you like. Just private message me on the barkus fb page.

maureen kempster
04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone

Just a quick hello(& good night!!)-Susan hope you're feeling better soon-Tammy, you must be extremely busy with all the wedding festivities-don't forget to post lots of pics-Marion, is your course on line? Tina, how are you feeling these days? How's the condo coming along-it sounds great. I didn't get up in time this morning to use the treadmill so I just finished 45 minutes of a fat blast program-I was sweating when I was finished- I just can't even go one day without using it or it'll end up as a clothes hanger.
By the way, I picked up the two cats on sunday-they're both black and white-they're around 2 years old and brothers-their names' are Bob and Pete-my other cat's name is Jack and he's also black and white!!! They're starting to check each other out with a bit of hissing and growling now and then but i think everything will quiet down soon(I hope) I can hear a bit of fighting outside my door as i write this!

well see you all tomorrow

maureen

hope we all have a great day on program tomorrow

Tina
04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Sorry I don't feel like getting on here much now. I am actually feeling a little better each day. It's little things like being able to sit down on the sofa and get up off of it without pain.
I am still very, very sore in one spot. No Fun1!!!!!

I'm not journaling but try to count points most days.
More posting later, I promise!
:hug:

Mimi4fun
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Tina, sorry you are still in pain. Please take it easy and eat "good" foods.

Dan isn't going on insulin, we will be seeing a nutritionist and doc prescribed an hour of exercise every day. Dan has lost 5 pounds this last week and walking (fast) every day. Yesterday he got his blood sugar down below 10 (I think 180 in Americanese) so some progress being made.

Tina
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks, Mimi--I'm glad Dan doesn't have to take insulin. That's great news!
How's everyone else doing today?
Tammy, you are very quiet
Susan, do you feel back to normal yet
Jeanne, I know you are gearing up for Mother's Day
Dori, how are you doing
Maureen, have you measured to see how many inches you've lost with all your walking? I have not been able to decorate my new townhouse. I haven't even been able to keep it the floors clean.
This surgery business is the absolute PITS!!!!!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend.

jar1965
04-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi ladies! Its a nice morning here. Cloudy and we are to get rain for the next 5 days tho! Yikes!:p

I walked several miles last night. I felt so good when I got back!:carrot:

Anybody have any plans for the weekend?

Well have a great day and stay OP! Heres a little shake of weekend dust! :dust:

maureen kempster
04-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Good morning all

just finished 35 min fat blast on the treadmill-lots of sweating(I hope that's a good thing!!)-had a bath, breakfast and now my coffee. Nice easy way to start a saturday morning-My younger(45 yr old) sister's in the hospital for observation-apparently she has pneumonia and she's not responding to the anti-biotics so they did tests yesterday to see why-she's really drained. So I'm heading over there to see her. Then hair cut-we have an awards dinner for work this coming friday-cocktail gowns-it's in the officers' mess-so very up scale-not my cup of tea at all-but we have no choice we have to attend. I bought a dress last week now I need shoes-I also bought my tickets-I'm going to edmonton for my week holiday in may(21 to 29) I wasn't going to go but it's a good seat sale so I'm going-I do miss my sons and also my old co-workers. So, now I'm excited.

I've lost a few pounds but I've been weighing in at home on sunday(at least marking down the weight on sunday)
I hope everyone has a great day and I'll be back later

happy saturday
maureen

Tina
04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Happy Saturday all! :hug:
Jeanne, I'll bet it was nice walking like that. Good for you.

Maureen, you are really enjoying your treadmill. Mine is very old and doesn't have the different settings. I loved the one at the apartments because I did either the cardio or the weight loss program. Wow, going to a fancy dinner. Please post a pic of your dress. We want to see it!!!!!!

Tammy, how are you doing? Haven't heard of peep out of you. The wedding is getting close. :)

Susan, how are you? Did Pat get over his yuck?

Mimi, tell us what all is in your fridge now. I love to know what healthy things people eat. Maybe it'll give me some ideas. :o Yesterday, I spent a whole dollar for a small piece of watermelon. They are NOT in season yet but it looked so good and healthy. :lol:

How is everyone else doing?????????

I am regaining my strength and am not as sore at the incision. A good thing!
Later...

Tina
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
testing here

Ladybug2680
04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Overall doing well here. We are in the middle of giving our standardized test to our K-8 students. It makes for a long week for both students and teachers. I didn't lose this week and wasn't expecting to because of what I ate. It's okay though. I'm having a better week so far and planning for a bigger loss next week. Hope everyone has a great day. :dance:

auntie
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
We are in the middle of TAKS testing too! Yuck!!! Luckily my kids are all TAKS ALT so we finished it earlier in the month.

Nothing new here!

Tina
04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Happy Wednesday :D
Dori, it's great to hear from you. Good luck with all the testing.
Susan, It's good you're testing is quick. How are you doing my friend? :hug:
Jeanne, how is your daughter's apartment?
Tammy, we miss you when you can't post. :(
Mimi, how is Dan?
Maureen, tell us all about your kitties.

Nothing much going on here. I get up, take a shower, eat a healthy breakfast and then go walk at a grocery store. Exciting life, huh! :lol:

Tina
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Happy Thursday!

Tammy
04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi. Just haven't felt up to posting or even reading sometimes. Last couple of weeks have been weird. Lots of dizziness and shakiness. Went to the doctor finally. EKG is normal, all of the bloodwork is normal. Waiting till after tim's graduation and wedding to see if that might be causing the problems because of stress. sounds weird, but I know with the fibro, stress can do strange things. I've tried to go to classes, but I start getting lightheaded and have to quit. Even just getting up and walking to another room in the house makes me dizzy sometimes. I'm keeping track of my BP and glucose levels when those things happen to take back to the doctor.

I'm going away with a couple of friends on Saturday to get together with even more friends. We'll come home on Sunday. The following weekend is graduation, and the weekend after that is the wedding.

Sorry for not being here.

Mimi4fun
04-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Tammy, Sounds like you may have some kind of virus. Try to take it easy, but I know with all that is going on it must be hard. Remember to stay hydrated!!
Tina, are you feeling any better?

Hi to everyone else!

Dan is feeling a lot better and finally has blood sugars within the normal range (most of the time). He starts his new job today, part time in a nursing home.
Monday is my first day of class, so I am pretty excited, taking it easy here too as I am not feeling the best this last day or 2. Sounds like most of us have spring fever.
Have a great weekend everyone.

jar1965
05-01-2010, 07:26 AM
****STOP****STARTED THE NEW MAY THREAD! SEE YOU THERE!!!****