Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Exercise frustrations

Hello! I am so frustrated with exercises or how to arrange them to best benefit my body.

Is yoga, especially Jillian's, stretching or strength? Is pilates strength or stretching? What about barre workouts (like fluidity or bar method)? Those are different than normal strength training. And then I see things like this: http://www.prevention.com/health/fit...0012281eac____ That page says to do the exercise 5 times a week which doesn't allow for rest.

Thanks if you can help me!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/195/135

Height: 5'4

I didn't really want to start a new thread and this looked like a good title. My frustration is that I've only lost 7 lbs. so far and my bike computer is already calculating my normal routine as 20% less effective. My speed and distance are the same on average, but I find it hard to believe that I'm burning a full 100 calories less per trip just because of 7 lbs.

I know all of these calculations are estimates, but given that I get similar numbers on both my bike computer and daily plate, I may need to change up my exercise routine sooner than I planned. I'm a little bummed about this.
ricepapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #3  

I don't have experience with Jillian's yoga, but yoga in general can be both - there are a lot of stretches but I do power yoga and we do a lot of body weight work (planks, chatarunga, arm balances, lunges) and I found that my body changed a lot from doing yoga compared to strength classes. I still can't lift a ton of weights but I'm beginning to see definition.

... which I"m not going to lie... it's kind of cool.
janehung is offline   Reply With Quote