100 lb. Club - Dr. appt

View Full Version : Dr. appt

Angihas2
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Didn't go well. Apparently, I have a tibial plateau fracture, and if you're going to fracture that area, I picked the worst area. Also, meniscus ligament damage. Since it's still so swollen, not much to be done, but let that go down, then re-evaluate it. Currently, I can look forward to 2-3 months of absolutely no weight bearing in addition to a likely surgery. However, I just don't have time for that? :dizzy: He said expect a 12 month time period before I'm fully recovered. Hopefully when we re-evaluate in 7-10 days time, the swelling goes down enough and we can truly progress. But, let me say, this just flat. out. sucks.

mandalinn82
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Ugh! How frustrating.

I'm going on a year with the same. darned. shoulder. injury, so I know how irritating and crappy this can be.

:hug:

ubergirl
04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

That really is hard news-- especially a leg-- I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear. Hang in there.

Angihas2
04-01-2010, 10:37 PM
No, I wanted to hear, "Oops, sorry, that was a french fry on your x-ray film, not a fracture, you're fine", or something along those lines. What is, is, but really? A TRASHCAN LID TOOK ME OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Beverlyjoy
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear this. I can totally understand how frustrated and scared you are feeling. I am looking at surgery on my posterior tibial tendon. It will be the same timeline as you has mentioned. I hope when they reevaluate - there's a wonderful miracle.

Hang in there.