Old 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/241/145

Height: 5'4''

Smile progress!

I've started doing a weight management program at a local women's health center. I met with the nutritionist a few weeks ago, and today I had an appointment with the personal trainer for a fitness assessment. I have been terrified of the fitness assessment since I made the appointment - I always feel so ashamed and embarrassed about how out of shape I am, and having someone try to assess exactly how out of shape I was... not my idea of a good time.

But... there were a bunch of measurements, and that wasn't so pleasant, but when I got on the treadmill to do the mile walk, it turned out that all the time I've been spending on the elliptical trainer had really done something! The trainer kept pressing the button to make it go faster, and compared to the elliptical it seemed easy. At the end she said my time was great and that my cardio was in pretty good shape, which was amazing for me to hear. That would not have been the case a few months ago.

Next she tested my upper body strength with a bunch of variations on pushups - definitely need to work more on those, but that's why I'm doing this program, right? As an added plus, I got the results of bloodwork and all my lipids and blood sugar are in the healthy range! woohoo!
graceandbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #2  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

WOOO congrats.. im doing the fitness assessment today and im freaking out but it will be okay! Congrats and keeeeeep going!!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

And THAT'S what this is all about!! Wahoo!!! That's better news than any poundage lost!!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That is great news!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote