Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1  
chick on a mission.

S/C/G: 163/159/140

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy No Support

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if this turns into a mini-venting session. So, I've been on my weight loss journey for two months now. I've lost 6lbs. I'm currently going through a rough patch i.e I'll lose a pound, gain it back etc. My biggest problem is a major lack of support at home. Today was my weigh in day, and yet again, I stayed the same, which I was so frustrated about. I'm eating well, I'm exercising and I'm just feeling hopeless at this stage.

When I came home and my family asked how I did, I just got the usual "Oh what are you complaining about?" spiel. What I really needed is for just one of them to tell me that I was doing good and that I shouldn't give up.

I stupidly got depressed and ended up binging on half an easter egg

I just feel a bit low. I'm finding it so hard to stick with this and guess I just need some support. I'm so frustrated and now, feel worse after eating that easter egg
Charmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #2  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

AWW! Then allow me to stand in for your family: You're doing great!

And secondly have you tried telling your family what you need to hear--like you just did to us? They may not know that they are negatively impacting you!

Keep your chin up. It can be done, and YOU are doing this!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you are doing a great job. keep at it and you will get there. i know how you feel with the support at home, i don't have any either, not iin a bad way though, all my family is 2 1/2 hrs away from where we live and have no real friends here. we will all support you here and tell you are great you are and how great you are doing.
keep it up
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #4  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Support is very important but don't let the lack of it at home deter you from making goal. You will find plenty of it here. You can do this and DO NOT quit.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

We'll be your support! Sorry you are having a rough time. Keep going, it'll get easier, and six pounds is a great start. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

So sorry it's rough right now, but you're making such good changes! Keep it up and the scale will get moving in the right direction soon.

3FC has been invaluable for me in terms of support, when the people around me didn't exactly give me what I needed.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Sometimes people are well-meaning but they don't know what the right things to say are. Like above, try telling them at a separate time than after weigh-in. "I appreciate your support, but after weigh-in, I am always a little sensitive and would really like to hear you say x."

It may be that they really are not well-meaning and unspupportive, but at least give them the chance to help.

A lot of people in RL, don't "get" what we are going through and they have no clue what to say/do when we talk about this huge part of our lives. I think that's where the boards can be really helpful. We are all here for you!! We understand the details of this and can relate. Keep coming here and posting like this anytime you want!

And - you are doing a fantastic job, don't quit and I am sure you will be seeing the results you want very soon!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

You can do this! it will be difficult at times, but you have to put yourself first. ((hugs))
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #9  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Aw, I can imagine how hard that can be to hear. But 6 pounds is great! You are doing something wonderful, and every single pound counts! Your family may not understand how to offer support around this, and if you can talk to them and explain what you need to hear then that might be a good idea, and if you may not be able to then know that we are here for you!! (well, we're here for you either way ).

Hang in there and keep up the great work!!

(Btw, better half an egg than the whole egg, right . It happens. What's more important is what you do after eating something off-plan.)
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Six pounds is great! We'll support you if you family can't or won't. Keep up the good work, stick to your plan as best you can and it will all work out. Don't eat the other half of that egg! You don't need it. It cannot give you a hug. We can!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Whenever you feel like eating, think about what it is you are really carving. Support, sleep, someone to talk to...and then see if you can get that instead of reaching for food. If you are able to ask for and receive the things you really need, then you will feel much better than if you use food as a substitute to having yoru needs met.

It's gonna be okay!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Hi! I'm happy to say I don't have this problem. My mother is one of the most supportive people I know, and my super skinny sister is the same. But I can say that in life in general, communication is always a great starting point. So I agree 100% with the people encouraging you to talk to them about it. You may be suprised at their reaction. (In a good way, I mean.) If they are unwilling to change or try to be better, then there's not much you can do, except trying to ignore it and find support elsewhere. (Like here!)
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote