100 lb. Club - APRIL NSV's

View Full Version : APRIL NSV's

Sandi
04-01-2010, 10:13 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

ubergirl
04-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Unbelieveable. I pulled the tape measure to 36" around my waist!

MutableParadox
04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I passed on a fast food breakfast.

time2lose
04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
This morning I attended a meeting with several people that I have not seen in a few months. Afterwards, a couple of people commented on my weight and how good I am looking. I know that some people feel uncomfortable with the compliments but I love them!

guamvixen
04-01-2010, 11:37 AM
My new jeans still fit after I washed and dried them! AND...they still fit the same! Woohoo!

Summerblue
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
It's my ONE MONTH new lifestyle anniversary...and I am still here.

I have never lasted at weightloss for more than 2 weeks.

JustBeckyV
04-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Colored eggs yesterday and was going to have 2 for breakfast this morning. Ate one and realized I was too full to eat the other so I put it back in the fridge instead of forcing myself to go ahead and eat it.

ubergirl
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Ran 28 minutes non-stop yesterday. Wore shirt that I bought in grad school that was too small and never fit-- graduated from grad school FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

graceandbalance
04-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I saw my Mom and sister over Easter weekend - they arrived separately, and as soon as they saw me, they both said how healthy I looked, and had I lost weight? I hadn't seen them for months, but I didn't think anyone would notice for ten or twenty more pounds, at least...

WarMaiden
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Tons of comments yesterday from extended family about how I look. My stepmom's sister did a "double-take" at me, reportedly. My father commented that my jeans are baggy (and I just bought these in February, kind of a bummer there). My grandfather called me pretty. It was a good day for compliments!

Today was my 6th day in a row of getting up at 6:30 am without hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock, getting into my workout clothes, eating breakfast, then exercising. I am committed to first-thing-in-the-morning exercise on every day in April, and so far I've had total success, despite being sick with a cold.

Muscles all over my body are definitely showing the results of getting back to strength training in the last few weeks.

I feel awesome.

JessicaDawn
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Yesterday I did 10 minutes on the elliptical machine "running" (as fast as I could go) on level 10 of 12 and didn't slow down or stop once.

I felt like I was going to die after, but 2L of water later, I climbed on the stairmaster and did another ten minutes. Then another 10 on the recumbent bicycle.
I've never done that much intense cardio in one go. :D

2phatinvictoria
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Nsv for me is.. MY boobs are finally bigger than my tummy! yes yes yes!

srr728
04-05-2010, 10:43 PM
after two crappy days i was depressed this afternoon... and chose to sweat it out on the wii fit before work!

JessicaDawn
04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
my back fat is DISAPPEARING!!!
I noticed it today at the gym. Normally it looked like I had tits in the back as well as the front the rolls were MASSIVE :( ...
but now I'm almost straight down, other than my *** :D

Summerblue
04-06-2010, 12:40 PM
My husband asked me today.....do I need new shoes - since I am walking so much.

Now, I know that doesn't sound like a BIG DEAL - but A. he noticed how much I am walking and that it's becomming apart of my life and B. that after starting on March 1st - I am still walking!!!!

YEAH!

beautifulone
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
These are all so great :) :carrot:

My husband asked me today.....do I need new shoes - since I am walking so much.

Now, I know that doesn't sound like a BIG DEAL - but A. he noticed how much I am walking and that it's becomming apart of my life and B. that after starting on March 1st - I am still walking!!!!

YEAH!

Yay! :cheer2: :flow1:

I took face shots of myself today and they don't look half-bad! The scale hasn't been moving much but maybe my body is changing towards my goal anyways.

time2lose
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
My waist is down another inch to 38 inches. Long way from where I need to be (31) but much better than the 51 inch waist that I had when I first started on this journey.

patchworkpenguin
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Small NSV. I just tried on my summer clothes . Nothing really surprising, but it was nice to find some tops I couldn't wear last summer fit now. I packed up the winter/too small clothes to store in the attic, but left a few too small things out that I might be able to wear by the end of the season.

I started this weightloss journey because last summer when I pulled out my summer clothes nothing fit.

Check out my profile picture. Easter NSV= I'm wearing a skirt!

Lyn2007
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I picked up the weights and worked my arms and upper body today even though I was tired. It felt good afterwards!

Terre
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
1. Can tie my shoes without being out of breath
2. No fat rolls on my back anymore. I had 3
3. i can last longer at leg lifts than my kids :) they are 12 & 17
4. My hubby wont leave me alone..wink wink!!

ScarlettDrawl
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I bought a pair of capris for summer the other day, and they are a size 20! I'm wearing them today and if I may say so, I look darn good in them. The scale has been inching down soooo slowly lately, so I needed this.

Also, I put on my wedding set last night. I haven't been able to fit into those rings since I had our first child two years ago.

ubergirl
04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Onederland is 12.6 lbs away!!!!

mmiller2829
04-06-2010, 07:54 PM
We live on a farm... I climbed OVER the horse fence today. (roundpen panels) I also pounded in 3 Tpost all by myself.

srr728
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I worked out after work this a.m........and before work tonight! exercise is my nemesis ;) so im very proud of myself and i like the sore feeling!

WarMaiden
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
As we were walking up the stairs to work together this morning, a female coworker remarked to me, "You must be having to spend a fortune on clothes, you're shrinking so fast! Your jeans are all baggy!"

Heh. I think I haven't really lost much scale weight since I began working on active weight loss again in January (perhaps 5 to 10 pounds), but clearly the strength training and other stuff I'm doing is losing me some inches! I just bought these size 14 jeans in February and I think I may need to get other new jeans in a 12 soon. (Baggy jeans are just no fun.)

calluna
04-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I am wearing size 18 Misses (not 20-something, not Plus, not W!) pants today. And I need to go under the house for my "small clothes" storage bins, as I don't have any nice tops for work that don't fit like sacks.

Progress is being made.

ap90
04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I went to the gym yesterday after almost 2 months and my friend who is a trainer there said my face is practically half the size of her foot! It was a disturbing compliment but a compliment nonetheless lol!

lovemyboy
04-08-2010, 07:36 PM
The pant I bought after dropping about 10 pounds that were tight at first are now falling off of me. :)

Lyn2007
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM
At 234 pounds I had 1 pair of 18 stretch jeans that BARELY fit. Today those are falling off me, I have 2 more 18's that fit way too loosely, and got out the "super tight" 18's today that wouldn't even button 2 months ago and I am wearing them!! 16's soon....

time2lose
04-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Size 16 pants fit now! I bought my first regular size 16's in a brand that does not run big. My Alfred Dunner size 16s don't count because they run at least one size big. I don't know how long it has been since I wore 16s. When I was 21 (31 years ago) I moved into the plus sizes. Of course, sizing was different then.

jigglefree
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I was driving to the store and had my arms extended on the steering wheel and noticed my arms are starting to cut and show definition!!! :strong::lifter:

JessicaDawn
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm a bit of an energy drink freak.
Before starting my new "healthy lifestyle" I had literally 1-2 per day.
Since starting I have had ONE, and it was only 10 calories. Yesterday I was in the grocery store, I picked an energy drink up, carried it around for ten minutes in the store, then swapped it for water and left. Hurray!

CanadianCutie
04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I went for a walk last night, I'd been thinking about going all day, then when the time came I thought I was too tired. But, I put on my shoes anyways and ended up going for a 40 minute walk. I love being in a small town (visiting my boyfriend now, in a place with about 15,000 people, the place I'm from is over 300,000). I'm planning on going again tonight, the weather is so beautiful.

Summerblue
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I joined a GYM and I never thought I would EVER uttler those words.....and not only did I join, but my whole family has been going with me, TODAY marks my one week gym-a-versary!

.....and I love it MORE than I thought I would!

srr728
04-14-2010, 06:52 AM
the past week or so I think of when i'm going to exercise the next day and I actually do it! and i had to remember to take a couple days off.

ScarlettDrawl
04-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I just took my measurements for the first time since I was keeping track before I got pregnant last March. I've lost lots of inches! The most significant losses are -2.5 in. (thigh), -5.75 in (waist!), and -2.75 in (hips) and a total loss of -11.25 in. Yay! I feel pretty good about that since I did have a baby in between!

astrophe
04-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Today I actually kept my sodium down to 2200! UNDER 2500 -- go me! (I'd been struggling to get it down lower than 3000.)

A.

mkyice
04-19-2010, 08:55 AM
What a great thread! It is so inspiring.

I started the C25K program. I just finished week 2 day 2. Did I mention I don't like exercise, and I loath running!

Lyn2007
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
This morning I put on some freshly washed size 18 jeans that were too tight on me last week, and they are almost too baggy now! Wow. I only have lost 2 pounds but I am obviously losing inches too! So excited!

JessicaDawn
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
My 15 year old brother said to me, "wow, you look like you've lost weight"

:) He's sweet.

JessicaDawn
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
screw the last one
I JUST PUT ON MY SKINNY JEANS....
AND DID THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't been able to do them up EVER, I bought them 2 sizes to small!!!!
I had to lay down to do them up and it makes me look like I have a cupcake gut but I dont care I DID THEM UP!!!!! Ten more pounds and I can WEAR THEM done up!!!!!
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Now I'm gonna be late for work rofl

sarcruze
04-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I can actually feel my collar bone and my hip bone now. I'm gonna have some massive hips.lol. I can actually see my jawline reappearing. My new jeans that I just bought r baggy in the legs and butt. YAY!!! I'm feeling better physically

WarMaiden
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Blood pressure today at a worklplace wellness check was 104/62. That is in the low-normal or athlete range. Prior to changing my diet 2 years ago, my blood pressure tended into the pre-hypertension range--140/90ish.

calluna
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Last night I went to a choral concert (I do this every quarter for the children). It was in a high school auditorium with the theater-type seating. I realized after I'd been sitting there for a while that I didn't touch the sides of the seat. At all. Plenty of space. Whee!

I'm going to add another, too. It was a super-hectic day, and there was exactly a one-hour window between pickup time and the time we had to leave for the concert. I ate my big meal at lunch. The kids ate a quick dinner during that time, and mama worked out for an hour. I had to trim the workout a little (no abs, and one less set of reps than usual during the weight lifting portion), but I got 'er done. Then I washed up, changed, and dashed out the door! My priorities are in the right place.

time2lose
04-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Had to dig to find this thread!

Last night I spend 2 hours doing housework and accomplished more than I would have in an entire Sat. when I was at my highest weight. It was not even difficult. Now I am running up and down the stairs, bending and squatting to reach the hard places. It is so wonderful!

Before I would have worked 15 minutes and rested 30 minutes. Getting things done around the house was so hard!

Plus, I can cross my legs! That one was so important to me that I made a new thread for it. :)