Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Fabulous Friday!! Yahoo!

Well, it's not LEGALLY Friday yet ... but I'm sure all of us early risers (me excluded) are tucked into bed and/or relaxing/lounging.

So, my black bean soup is in the crockpot as we (I) speak! I am so excited to try this when it's done 20-24 hours from now. Hahaha! I'll be working tomorrow night, so I won't get to taste it until AFTER class on Saturday.

FYI - I did NOT sort & wash the beans. I'll let you know how my experience is. I like to live on the edge.

Tonights class, as I and another girl found out, was moved to Wednesday nights. So we missed our first class, being that it was held on 9/4. No one notified us of the change.

OK ladies I'm off for the night & sorry about the Friday-thread tease. I'm bad ....

Sweet dreams & morning glories!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:57 AM   #2  

I am sooooo glad it is finally Friday! After the long weekend, this week seemed to drag on forever. I start class next week, so I guess I better enjoy the weekend.

Our group typically goes out for lunch on Friday, so I am hoping they pick some place that Dottie has points listed for on her page. We will see!

Tomorrow is weigh in...cant wait!

Have a great day all.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

8:09 AM ... where is everyone?

Is Jen flying the friendly skies right now? I hope she has a great vacation.

Jayne ... must be @ work! How did that shopping excursion go?

Hi Marcie!!! School started this week for me. I have so much planned in the month of September. I need to make a list!

The Fall is here (well, not technically) but when the school year begins it seems as though everyone gets so busy. Myself included!

I'm off to get out of the house so we don't miss the bus!

Talk to you later!

Ciao!

PS - my soup is cooking away. 12 more hours & it will be done. It seemed a bit thick to me, so I added about 16 oz of water ~ I hope that was OK to do.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:22 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default TGIF!!!!

Morning Deb and Marcie.

Not at work yet, but hope to get in there before the day is over...I have to be ready to go on Tuesday, so not much prep time until then.
The shopping went just great. There is a store here called Herberger's like a Macy's or Dillards or Marshall Field's, and on Wednesday they happened to be having a members only sale, meaning if you showed their charge, you got 20% off everything you bought. Woohooo! I got 2 pairs of pants, two dressy but comfy cotton tops, a denim dress, a sweater set, and a blazer, and everything mixes and matches together. The cool thing is, out of habit, I grabbed a 16 in one of the pants ( I thought I knew my size) and it turns out they are rather large and I will need to go back for at least a 14. That's down another size from my big shopping trip to MOA at the beginning of August...I'll take that! Even though not much poundage is coming off number-wise, I still seem to be losing sizes, so I have to think that maybe I gained some muscle and lost some fat and now that's showing up. So that's all my rambling about my shopping... Last night (already!) there was an open house for all the preschoolers to come in and meet their teachers, so I met about 10 of the kiddos I will have. I've got six classes, so that's a very small number of them, but at least that many will see a familiar face.

Deb, how is Jeremy doing with K? Is he tired out from all the learning? How are the new hours going? Are you still doing class and catering as well as work? I would die if I were you! Let me know how goes the soup...it's so nummy!

Marcie, I craved custard from Ted Drewe's all night last night! That's one of the things I miss aobut St. L. That and eating at all the Italian places on the Hill. Now doesnt' it figure that I'm pretty much a WW lifer when my memories of a place I lived for four years just revolve around food? I have to ask...are they still showing the commercial on channel 4 "Watch for St. Louis, we're on the move" that was shot back in the late 80's? I was in St. Louis three years ago, and they were still then...I was in that commercial. I was the girl at the science center spinning on the gyroscope. My one small claim to fame . I have no idea if you've ever even seen this commercial, but since it's my one and only moment in the limelight, I have to milk it for all it's worth, even if it was shot 15 years ago!

Morning everyone else...post so I can write you all novels too. I am just full of words today, not sure why...
Old 09-06-2002, 09:37 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, I am still here. We leave bright and early tomorrow morning... UGHHHH!! I am off of work at about noon, but that time will be spent running around like a crazy person because I have nothing ready yet!!

So Just trying to get some work finished!!!

Jayne... Yah on the clothes. I am sure I will come home with a new Disney wardrobe!!

Deb, definately let us know how the bean soup is. I want to try that one!!

Good Luck to everyone who has WI..... I will check in when I get back from vacation!!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #6  

Jayne-
I can not recall ever seeing that commercial...but now if I do, I will look for you! Can you believe I have been in STL for 6 years and never eaten on the hill?? I know everyone talks about it, but I have never been there. Sounds like you got a lot of nice new clothes! I can not wait to go down another size and buy some more. I have already gone from a 26 to a 20. Another couple sizes and I will be out of the "plus size" section!

Jen-
I just noticed how close you are to breaking that 200 lb mark! WOOHOO for you!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:34 AM   #7  

Hi everyone-I am here-hanging in there OP-DH and i forced ourselves to go running last night and it felt good-I will hopefully get a lot of exersize this weekend as it promises to be nice out...
I tried on my skinny jeans this AM and they are almost wearable...but i am still too chicken to weigh myself. I plan to rejoin WW next week at a different location-hopefully the leader will help motivate me...
Deb where are you on LI? that is where I am from....Lake grove, suffolk county...Hi to everyone-Jen have a great trip, Jayne congrats on the lower sizes-that feels so good! Where is everyone else????
Lori
Old 09-06-2002, 12:50 PM   #8  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi Lori - I am born & raised on LI. Grew up in Brentwood & I went to NYIT (that's where I work now & am taking Masters classes).
My good friends just bought a house in Lake Grove - they love the area.

I'll let you all know how the soup is! I'm off for my working weekend. From job #1 to job #2. Ugh!

I have PMS and am NOT looking forward to this weekend.

Have a good one!

PS - Lori way to go on the jeans & exercising!

Jen - Have a great vacation! Did I say that already? I need an afternoon caffeine jolt.

I'm going to my "NORMAL" (there's that weight watchers OCD thing again) meeting on Sunday AM - even with no exercise this week & PMS.

Last edited by The Little D; 09-06-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:12 PM   #9  

Anyone have any big weekend plans?
Closed Thread