Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default +Weekly Chat March 29-April 4+

Morning Loves!!!!

I slept like crap last night. I woke up at 2 because I had to use the bathroom. Then my cat was driving me bonkers.... and it started storming really bad outside. I couldn't sleep so I started a movie on my computer and looked on facebook on my phone... only to find there were tornado warnings for the next county over and tornado watches for the area so I got freaked out and that made it even harder to sleep. The AC wasn't turned on last night because the parentals thought it was going to be cooler than it was so it was stifling in the house. Which says a lot coming from me because usually they keep it like a meat locker. WHEW. Glad last night is over!!!!

Luckily Mondays aren't so hard to deal with when it's the only day you have to work for the week.

I'm back up to 190.5 (dang I knew it was too good to be true yesterday) but I am DETERMINED to get into the 180s this week!!!!

I don't think I'll be going to the gym tonight unless the weather clears up. I HATE HATE HATE driving in the rain, but I will be doing C25K at home and the resistance bands.

So to those of you that do strength workouts -- what can I do for my arms and thighs? I already knew I had flabby arms but those pictures yesterday showed how bad my "bat wings" are. I took measurements (NSV) and I have lost inches - 3 from my bust, 2.4 under bust, a few from my hips and waist. But I've only lost .5-1'' from my arms and thighs. So anything you can throw out there for me would be appreciated.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL, OP Monday!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #2  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Feral - It's storming pretty bad here, too :C But the rain is only supposed to hang around until Wednesday. And on Friday it's going to be 77 and sunny! Planks are a great strength exercise that work your entire body. I do 5 sets of 30 second planks. I'm trying to work on toning as I go these last 30ish pounds because after 65lbs I've only lost an inch from my arms!

I have SO much to do this week, omg. Today Roy and Scott are coming over to help me test run the cake for my party on Friday and I think I need to go food shopping today because I won't have much time for it any other day. I also have classwork to do and I have to pack for my overnight trip to NYC on Wednesday (and figure out what I'm wearing!!!). Thursday night I'm decorating for the party, and then Friday I'll be cooking and cleaning all day and setting up. I'm excited though!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #3  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Mary - you are such a little hostess!!! I want to be a hostess like you! Everyone should come to san diego!

Feral - the 180's are ALL yours you can do it!!!

I'm off to work... here's to saying NO to vending machines, and lunches out this week!! I'm going for a run after work, and possible kickboxing after that... we'll see how the energy level is....
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Mary - You're going to NYC? Jealous!!!! For your birthday?

The storms last night were bad here. Not so much where I live but there were 8 tornadoes reported across the state last night. I'll admit it... there are things that do NOT bother me but storms really freak me out. I've always been freaked out since I was a kid. Plus I've seen the damage a tornado can do and it's never pretty. I'm so not ready for tornado season to start back up. There's nothing like walking out of your house in the morning to a green, angry sky and you know it's going to be one of THOSE days. I definitely couldn't ever live in tornado alley. I would sleep in the storm cellar every night. LOL

Jess
- YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Last edited by Feral; 03-29-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

God morning Feral .... for sure you will make it this week into 180,s

I will you you guys in the weekly chat I will try to do my best ... take lake an hour to write .... you know my english is not that good , so if any mistakes just ignore them .

Taking about bad sleep ... last week my older daughter had chicken pox and now my 6 month baby has it .... so She just want to be breast-feeding . Lucky us it seen like mild case (pour baby).

As for my I weight today at 134.2 ... just 9.2 pound to make my goal , i can not believe it like a dream .

This week I will try to work more on my exercise I need to make a schedule ,,, some thing like at least cardio 3 time a week and 2 strain training for half an hour, I just want to do thing that I can continue doing ... you know I will love two do 2 hour but i have 3 kids and a husband lol so it is hard to find time .

Well that is for now ...
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

You see what a meant jaja you all guy wrote wile i was writing mine jaja.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #7  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Mary and Feral - It must be storming everywhere right now because we're having some pretty bad thunderstorms down here in FL, too.

My scale told me 220.5 this morning. There's no way I could lose 5.5 pounds in a week so I am chalking this up to stopping my BC.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #8  
Mary

Jess - Hahaha, I love throwing parties

Feral - Yup! My mom, me, my aunt, and my mommom are going up to walk around (I'm on a mission for a new wallet and any nice bags I come across), and go out to dinner and get drinks. I'm excited! I heard about the tornadoes! My friend goes to High Point University in NC and there was a tornado there.

Wfonesca - Congrats on being less than 10lbs from goal!!!

Blah, I'm glad I let my TOM come early because I would hate to be wearing my gorgeous dress and worrying if my tampon needs a change. Oh! I have to take a picture of my outfit for you guys! The lighting's going to be terrible because it's raining, but let me go do that so you guys can see!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Mary - Two words - Canal Street. That is, if you don't mind knock offs.

Feral - Sorry you didn't sleep - You will so get to the 180's again this week.

Wfonseca - Its good that they got chicken pox when they're so young, it will be milder and they'll get over it soon.

Sam - Um, why not!? Maybe you lost a lot of water from the pill, but that's still awesome!

Jess - yeah, me and you, NO VENDING MACHINES

Okay, so I just got TOM which explains the weepfest I had last night. And after all of the complaining I did, I was at 177.4 this morning. Wow. A gain of 0.6 lbs over 5 days of me stuffing my face. I like to over-react. I'm swamped at work today, hopefully I can get through it and get to the gym tonight
Old 03-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello chickies! I just wanted to drop in to say a quick hello and to tell you all that you're doing FABULOUS! There are so many losses in here since the last time I was! You're all doing super amazing! Congrats!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #11  
Mary

Stella - Canal street is my best friend lol. I've been desperate for a new wallet since the one I bought on the boardwalk in the summer is completely falling apart!

Also, I wasn't sure that I was bloated from TOM yet but when I went to take my rings off this morning (which fit fine, some a bit loose, on normal days) I had to fight them to get them off. So bloating? Check. Good, that explains the 2lb gain in one day.

I only get to go spinning tomorrow for this week since I'll be in NYC Thursday so I hope I can get lots of workouts in before the party. At least Wed + Thurs I'll be walking all over NYC so that's lots of good exercise!

I just took pics and am putting them up in the photo album now
Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #12  
flexitarian

S/C/G: 207/142/138

Height: 5'4"

Feral, You can really see a big difference in your pics!! Way to go.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #13  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Star - How are you!? I've missed you!

Okay so I'm not working out later. The lower half of my body is revolting against me, and I have no energy, so CB is coming over for tacos and the Pacific (the HBO mini-series). I have ondemand and he liked Band of Brothers, so I said I'd give this one a try.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella- I'm jealous of CB... I want tacos...

Sam- Take it... I was not happy with my scale this morning... well I didnt gain and I did lose... however I just wanna be in freaking ONDERLAND... ugh

Star- I agree with Stella...we miss you

I dont have time for much more than that... I have been super stressed and going crazy finishing my apps and crossing my T's and dotting all of my I's... seriously sooo much goes into applying for law school... but at least its all done now... now I just get to study some more...great....

I really need to get some studying done today bc I'm going to the boyfriends tomorrow after work so I need to get up and hit the gym at like 6 am before work... ugh... fml
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was busy, though I could have been busier. Went and saw a play on Saturday night. My best friend and I and our S.O. have seasons tickets to one of the theatre companies here in town. It was a nice night out. Watched the play, it was amazing, then out for a drink. Some how we spent the entire evening discussing, religion, politics and private vs. public school! The three things you're supposed to avoid in polite company..... I guess were not all that polite! Thank-fully we were all on the same page for the most part. I'm the lone private school advocate.

Studied, for the rest of the weekend. I have two exams tomorrow. I just wanna be done! I got back two papers today. Got 85% on both, thought I did a bit better as an 85% is only and -A, around here. But won't complain to terribly. Apparently introductions are my downfall.....

I saw 139 on the scale on Friday, but I'm back up to 141.4 today. I was perfectly on plan all weekend, so I know it's water weight, I also started working out again this weekend, but still so frustrating! I've noticed that I'll see a low number, then go back up 2 or 3 lbs, then down a pound then just below the original low number. It's fairly constant. Down, up, down, down seems to be my weight loss pattern! Hope to see the 130's again by the end of the week or early next week.

Apparently I'm the only one with nice weather! It's a bit overcast, but nothing major and 14C, that's 57F for you yannks! :P Not gorgeous, but decent. I'll take it.

Mary - so jealous of NYC one of my fav cities in all the world. I love the energy of the people and the shopping. The shopping suck here in Canada, what I wouldn't kill for a Macy's or a Bloomingdales, or Sasks or Victoria Secrete. We are truly deprived shopping wise here in Canada. On a sad note: the last time I was in NYC I flew home on Sept 10, 2001. Had breaky at windows on the world on the on Sept 10th then took a cab to the airport and flew home.

Wfonesca - You're almost there, you'll see goal in no time!

Feral, I wish I had the rest of the week off. Am definately looking forward to the long weekend though. However, it will be spent writing a 12 page paper....so not the most exciting weekend ever!

Stella, try to get to the gym, you'll feel better!

Better get back to studying for those 2 exams tomorrow. Ugg, I'm so sick of papers and exams.
Closed Thread