View Full Version : Weekly Chat: March 26- April 2

Tejas
03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
New Pages

:exercise:

Tejas
03-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Good Morning All:

There are some posts from late yesterday, if you want to catch up.

Yesterday, I watched my great niece take first place overall in her state-level gymnastics competition. This is the 3rd year in a row that she has been best overall.

Today I'm going to aquafit, buying bookcases and doing some other cardio. I've intensified my core work, using the exercises in the book I told you about a few weeks ago. Yes, I'm trying to go twice a day to the gym, or make sure that I do two workouts of some sort six days a week and walk at least a mile with the dog. She and I walked two miles yesterday.

We went out to dinner last night at the Black-eyed Pea and I did what WW says to do. I placed my order and asked for a take-out container at the same time. I brought 1/2 of my dinner home with me. I think that I will now just have a container with me at all times and quietly squirrel away my food at restaurants. The portion sizes are ridiculously large, as we all know.

BBL,
Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone. Well, after a couple of weeks of not following any plan,, I'm back on SDB/Core today. I pulled out my new SDB book and read throught it last night, I have a list of meals and snacks written out so I don't have to think much. I've been working out steadily but maintaining -- which isn't bad since I've been eating what ever I wanted. Which generally isn't bad, but ice cream, fries, big burgers do add up. So, Today I brought my 2 boiled eggs for Bf, I have tuna with lettuce wraps and broccolli soup for lunch and veggies and dip for snack. No more fried anything, no more chips, and no more crackers!! We had an egg hunt yesterday and my niece who we go to the beach in Maine came. She is back strict on WW and going to the gym. She's my motivation to get back on track.

And due to the egg hunt we have WAY TOO much candy already in the house. No more malted milk balls. (I do love those :) ). The girls had a ball - only 2 of them this year with 94 eggs hiddens. They only found 93. We could not find that last one. It will turn up, I hope.

Getting ready for Easter. I'm hosing DH's family. There will only be 8 of us -- my menu is grilled lamb, roasted potatos, roasted asparagus and mushrooms, maybe carrots as well, I found a recipe for an orzo/spinach salad I'm going to try. It will be fairly on plan. MIL is bringing pies though.

Hope everyone is well. I've been reading and keeping up with you all.

Got to run.

Tejas
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Paula...it's too good to let go that you are "hosing" your DH's family. I bet that you are actually "hosting" them. :rofl: There are some members of my DH's family I'd like to "hose" but not Sandra!

I've done a lot of exercise today but my eating was pretty bonkers. I'll do better tomorrow. I'm good more days than I'm not!

Rhonda

sloanie
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I am about to confess to a very embarrassing thing: I ate 1/2 pound of home made fudge today :?::nono::shrug::fr::stress::tantrum::no::dunno: Nothing else to say.........

nancy237
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Sloan..don't worry..
Fudge eaten Palm Sunday week does not count because
it sometimes has Palm Oil in it.. :hug:

blessedwithsarah
03-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Hosing, Hosting. Same thing, isn't it???? :)

Tejas
03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
You got me there, Paula!

Sloan, you bad, bad girl!! :nono: :rofl: Please, please tell us how wonderful, sweet, smooth and creamy it was!

ontarget
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm very thankful Rhonda doesn't want to hose me. These Texas winds are too strong for me to be standing in them soaking wet. :lol:

Sloan, I love you, girl. Weighing in the 130's, you deserve a little extra something every now and then. And think of all the exercise you've been getting while painting.

I spent the day with 2 lifelong friends. We had a good time that even included a movie. "Bounty Hunter"

Paula, I think ya'll are lucky you just overlooked 1 egg.

Nancy and Vickie, how was your day?

sloanie
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I love you chicks!!

Rhonda, the fudge was wonderful, sweet, smooth, and creamy. In fact, it melted in my mouth and was heavenly. I didn't eat it all in one sitting, but I did eat it all today. The funny thing is that it didn't even bother me! I really thought it would give me a stomach ache, but it didn't.

Nancy, thanks for the info. I did not know that Palm Sunday week fudge did not count. I'll remember that for next year. If you have any more info about candy and special weeks, please let me know ;)

Sandra, you are a sweetie! I'm afraid I would need to paint several more rooms to work off that fudge, but it was really, really good!

It's way past my bedtime, so I'd better go. I'll try to stay op and drink lots of water tomorrow. At least I'm still walking every morning, right?

aghiowa
03-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi all! Well, it's 2:15 and I can't sleep. I made dh move some furniture for me yesterday, and I probably overdid it a bit, because now my hips, lower back, and legs are all achy. Grrr. Plus, he's sick and so is snoring even more than normal. I plan on trying to sleep in my recliner in a bit. Perhaps that will help with the pain.

My baby shower went very well last Saturday. A lot of my friends showed up and we had a great time with great food. I tried to spend a majority of my time chatting, and not eating, and was successful. (Hard because I'm pretty shy.) I now have just about everything I need for this little guy except for a car seat! I plan on going out to get one tomorrow after my doctor's appointment, and then not moving much for the rest of the day. :lol:

My parents did get me a very nice jogging stroller, so I have incentive to exercise after baby gets here. I'm actually excited for the chance to eat better and become more mobile (with the added side effect of being more thin hopefully occurring.)

Here's to hoping for good sleep!
Angela

Tejas
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Angela, I hope you got your sleep. I feel your pain about DH's snoring. Mine, it seems, will do the sleep test, now that I've forged the way.

Sloan, you see that Chickies know a lot. I didn't know about special weeks and candy. And, you knew about Margaritas and having fun. We have a wealth of knowledge on this board. Of course, I don't think WW would validate our views, but "what the hey?" Or, is that "hay"?

I am so frustrated with the scale not moving, but I've got to admit I am really happy with the reshaping that is going on. I have a waist again, and that's nice.

In mid-January I could not do even one real sit up. Last night I did 20. Plus, I can now do what are called V ups. (Don't try this one Angela!) You lie on you back on the floor, legs stretched out and arms out above your head on the floor. Now, here's the hard part: don't fall asleep. No, really, here it is: bring your arms and legs up off the floor and meet them together. Hahahaha :lol: Really, I did 5 of them. And, I read recently that if you did it, it's not bragging to say so.

I begin today with Todd the Terrible (aka Torture Todd), then to the elliptical, then to aquafit. Then, errands and chores related to putting the kitchen back after the painter's work and getting ready for a big Easter meal here.

I hope each of you has a good day!

Rhonda

aghiowa
03-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes Rhonda, no V-sits for me right now! :lol: I can barely sit up regularly. But I know what you're talking about - we used to do them when I was in gymnastics. They ARE hard. Congrats for doing 5! I'm so impressed by the amount of exercise you are doing.

I got some sleep, but not a lot. But I will take it easy today, I promise.

Angela

Vickie
03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks! All my puppy decisions are almost made and I should have a bit of time to catch up with you all on Thursday. I'm off to a survey and then a million little errands.

Any one have any great recommendations on flexible retractable dog leashes?

Have a great day and stay on program! Why am I craving fudge all of a sudden?

ontarget
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I smell fudge!!!! I almost taste fudge!!!! Just kidding. I'm doing all right opwise, but probably am eating too large portions to lose much. I did go out with Aretha Franklin this AM and walked a mile. (4 trips around the perimeter of our property) This afternoon Elvis is going with me. Life is good.

Rhonda, V's? Amazing! I honestly believe you hit the ground running when you retired. Congratulations on getting your body toned and shaped. Your hard work is paying off.

Vickie, what are you researching? When do you get the little fella? I can't remember.

Sloan, did your fudge have nuts? Just wondering. I need to know how to direct my imagination.

Angela, does Melissa know you're about to have a baby?

On a sad note, we found a dead bluebird today. It was right inside the door of its birdhouse. I saw a wing sticking out for a long time so we decided to snoop. We don't know exactly what happened but suspicion an attack by a mockingbird. It's fun watching nature till things turn ugly. We don't know if any of the other bluebirds will come back or if they all flew away. Guess we'll find out before too long.

Meanwhile, sparrows are nesting in 2 of the other houses.

Tejas
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Ahem:

I did 4 sets of 15 squats, holding a 50 pound barbell. That was followed by leg pressing 320 pounds for 10 reps. That was followed by 270 for 25 reps.

Uh huh, Chickies. I did that!

Do I smell fudge too?!

Tejas
03-30-2010, 02:43 PM
How did I mess up this week's dates so badly??? :tantrum:

blessedwithsarah
03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, yesterday was day 1 back hard core on plan. I'm dong SBD -- which is basically core but with low fat dairy rather than fat free. One receipe I found on the SBD 3 fat chick board is called Crack Slaw. Its basically a stir fry of ground meat (beef, chicken or turkey) or chopped poultry or shrimp, with cole slaw mix. What I did was stir fry thin sliced onions and red peppers, added in chopped cooked chicken (had a bag in the freezer or precooked), seasoned with garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Then I thin sliced 1/2 a small head of cabbage (or you can just add in a bag of slaw mix), cook that until the cabbage is your desired tenderness, sprinkled in some red pepper flakes. Then I added in a scrambled egg (Mooshi chicken like) and topped with chopped scallions and some sesame seeds. I then ate it wrapped in lettuce leaves. I must say it was very good. The seseame oil really made the dish. I had enough for lunch today and for the next 2 days. Its pretty much core.

I think its finally stopped raining here. In the past 30 hours we've gotten another 5 inches or rain. Its been crazy. I had to go grocery shopping, hit the Y and then had to take dd to the Drs. Most roads are just about flooded, and ones that really should be closed aren't yet. I have to take DD to karate soon, but I need to go the long way as the usual street we go down is still open, but one section is too flooded for me.

Rhonda, I read in my SDB book the section on interval training. I tried that today on the elliptical -- 2-3 minutes of fast bursts followed by 1 minute of a slow speed. I only did 45 minutes rather than my hour as I then did the weights. From what I read, I'll get more out of an shorter interval workout rather than a steady longer one. At least it will mix things up a bit. I need to try those v sit ups.

Vickie - when do you get the new puppy? Can't wait to see pictures. I love my retractable leash. I can walk and our dog can keep his own pace.

Angela - wow, only a couple of weeks to go!!! How exciting! did you decide on names for the little guy?

Maryann - hope you are keeping dry. The good thing is the weekend is going to be beautiful!

Sloan - I was grazing on easter eggs all Sunday, similar to your fudge. That is one thing I never really cared for -- a bit too sweet for me. Glad you got that out of your system!

Hi Nancy and anyone else I missed.

Well, I have chicken breasts ready to go in the oven tonight. I'll have some brussel sprouts for me and green beens for dd and dh. Friday I need to do a wi, I have not updated my ticker in weeks. Good or bad, its getting updated.

BBl

nancy237
03-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Paula...I didn't know about SBD being lowfat dairy..

Vickie..That is so exciting about the new puppy...

Sloanie...Oh there are many exceptions..that is my problem ..I have
too many LOL Like this one
1) When the kids are home & I'm cooking for them
Also 2) when they are gone and I miss them...LOL

I am spring cleaning and it feels so good to be going thru junk and
cleaning it out....

2 weeks til DH knee surgery...

I am maintaining but cheating too much to lose...I am walking more
which is good.

aghiowa
03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi all! Yes Paula, we've decided on a name, but it's going to remain our secret until he's here. I learned long ago it's better for me to not share baby names until it's a done deal. Otherwise, I read too much into people's reactions and start to second-guess myself. :lol:

My mom just told me today that when they recently did my dad's colonoscopy, they found a mass, and are scheduling him for surgery, when they will also remove his gall bladder. I'm not sure why they're doing that too, but it's a little sobering to realize that my parents are mortal. :/ I guess my dad IS approaching 70, but still...

My plan for tonight is to work on thank you cards from my baby shower. Hopefully that coupled with taking it a little easier today will equal a better night's sleep for me.

Night!
Angela

Tejas
03-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Paula, yes, interval training is the better approach. In fact, a large study has just been released about that...

Angela, sorry about your dad..

night all....

Rhonda

Vickie
03-31-2010, 07:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Jim and I are off for a bit of R & R today before the baby comes. I've finally finished the hours and days of research on every little aspect of this adoption. And, I've ordered everything except the food and the harness. I've a great friend on the Scottie forum who is lending me a baby harness. I won't be eating healthy food today but I will be keeping my portions small.

Have a great day everyone and stay on plan.

Rhonda, you continue to inspire me. I haven't exercised in over a week but I shall starting on Friday.

Angela, I'm sorry about your Dad. All I can say is thank God he went for the test. So many people view that as an unnecessary nuisance. I will be praying for his complete recovery.

Sandra, you are always an inspiration to me. I'm so proud of you for going back to WW. Remember, you only fail if you give up.

Paula, congratulations for getting back on program. I'm not losing much right now but I refuse to give up like last time. I already know what happens when I do that.

Sloan, Mary Ann, Nancy....love you all and will be back soon!

sloanie
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey chickies! I weighed this morning and am down to 134.6! WOW! The fudge diet really works!

Sandra, no nuts, just sugar, butter, and cocoa :dizzy: Sad about the little birdie!

Rhonda, I am so impressed with you! I can't do even one V sit :( You are awesome! I'm glad you got your kitchen done. Do you love it?

Paula, way to go on the SBD. The crack slaw in lettuce cups sounds good!

Nancy, I like your idea of eating when your kids are home and gone! Made me smile. Let me know if you have any more special exceptions.

Vickie, sounds like you've almost gotten things in order. I can't wait to hear about your little darlin'.

Angela, I did not announce my baby names until mine were born either :) I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

I stayed op yesterday, and I plan a repeat for today. I'll let y'all know how it goes! TTFN

aghiowa
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Well, I found out this morning that the mass they found in my dad is on his pancreas, which probably isn't the best of news. He's going in for an MRI this morning to make sure of the placement etc before they try to schedule surgery. This is just so shocking to me because my parents have been so healthy. This is really a first for us.

I am waiting to hear the results of the MRI. I didn't sleep much better last night, what with having to get up to use the bathroom every hour, the aching hips and being so hot all the time. Plus I think I'm getting a cold. Grrr. I think it's a terrible trick the way you get exhausted even BEFORE baby gets here.

But despite all this, the sun is shining, I am going out to hang some laundry on the clothesline, and Life is Good! :)

Angela

Vickie
03-31-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm praying, Angela.

ontarget
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Angela, I am praying, too.

Vickie, I didn't go back to WW. I did get back on a program, though, and have been on it all week. You're so cute about your new baby. I can feel your excitement. Makes me smile.

Sloan, we thought all the bluebirds had left, but we've had one here all day. We still have sparrows in 2 of our houses. I don't know if any bluebirds will reclaim houses or not. We'll have to wait to see.

I got called to sub today. Didn't have to be there till 9:20. Got there before 9:00. The teacher walked into the room at 9:15. The office had made a mistake. They sent me home with 1/2 day pay. Not bad..... Curtis and I were able to go to town and run errands then go to a local restaurant for fish and veggies. Life is good.

I'm supposed to keep the grands after school Friday. Fri night Curtis and I are going to a "church social" for dinner and bluegrass music. Should be fun.

nancy237
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Really excited because our local YMCA just let hubby and I join
for a reduced rate because he is out of work and needs to swim to rehab his
knees...

I need to decide on a good time to go exercise.
It is close to our house so I could drive Robin
when he wants to go and still have my regular time.

nancy237
03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Hubby and I witnessed a guy on a bike get hit by a car today.
We were right beside a car at a red light and Robin saw that
the lady was looking to the left and turning right on red with a
biker right in front of her.
He even yelled out but she hit him ..

Luckily the guy only hurt his leg and I think will be okay.
We stayed awhile and I felt bad for the elderly lady that hit him too,
she was upset..

Vickie
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh...what a horrible experiene, Nancy. But I'm happy for you guys about the Y. Good things come to good people.

nancy237
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Angela..
I just read your post...

I am so sorry about your dad..

I am praying for your dad and sloans...for a complete and fast recovery.
That baby will be great to keep his spirits up, but I know that will be hard on you to have a delivery and newborn and worrying about your dad at the same time.

My mom battled cancer during my last pregnancy and it was weird to
be celebrating a birth and sad at the same time.

sloanie
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
I've been op all day, although I am thinking about reviving the fudge diet again soon :D

Angela, I'm prayin' , too! I know how the emotional roller coaster feels. Let us know how things are going, and don't forget to take good care of yourself.

Sandra, 1/2 day's pay for a little bit of trouble is not bad. Enjoy your church fun on Friday. It sounds fun.

Nancy, thanks for the prayers for my dad. I was horrified when I read your post about the accident, but I was so relieved to read that the guy was not seriously injured. DH and I saw a drunk man get hit while he was crossing the road one night. He was okay, but it was awful to see his body rolling across the hood of the car that hit him. Congrats on your membership to the Y. It's great that it is close to your home. Enjoy!

Vickie, how many days til your puppy comes home? Did you read my post about the Pekingese that my dd rescued? She was really pitiful when she first got here, but she is warming up to us a little. She still runs when we approach, but is interacting with us more when she is sitting with dd on the couch.

Tomorrow is our last day of school before a two week spring break, and I can't wait. Of course, I'll be working on the house, but I'm looking forward to it. GTG to bed. g'night

aghiowa
03-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Okay, some good news...the doctor was pretty amazed they caught the mass so early. It looks like they'll be able to operate and remove it all, and leave enough of his pancreas that he won't get diabetes. The bad news - it is most likely cancerous. But they're pretty certain that surgery will take care of it. They will also remove his gall bladder and spleen at the same time; the gall bladder because he's got the beginnings of gallstones, and I have no idea about the spleen. Maybe they're having a 3 for 1 special or something. :lol: They will unfortunately schedule the surgery for the week before my due date some time, and he will be in the hospital recovering for about 5 days. Too bad it's not the hospital I will be going to! So my mom will probably not be too available to watch my girls during that time. My sister that used to live in town now lives in Germany, and my other one lives 45 minutes away. But I have good church friends here in town that can take them until my sister gets here if needs be.

So, all in all, we are remaining positive that the surgery goes well, they get it all, and he lives for at least another 20 years. :)

Thanks for the prayers guys. I plan on relaxing tonight and doing more knitting.

Angela

ontarget
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Nancy, what a horrible experience. I'm glad the biker wasn't injured any worse. I am glad you and Robin joined the Y. That should help you and Robin a lot.

Sloan, a 2 week break? Awesome! I'm glad you will have some time off.

Angela, that's really good news. Thank you for letting us know.

Tejas
03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
WOW, what a lot on the boards today and tonight.

Angela, that is much better news. The spleen isn't really necessary, as I understand it. So, maybe they're taking it to remove any potential of the cancer spreading.

Nancy, the news about the Y is good. I'm glad you have some options, and I hope your DH benefits.

So, for those of you who were worried, Sandra and I are getting together next week, with our respective DH's and having a visit! :woohoo:

Yes, I love my kitchen.

About exercise: I've decided that I'm going to do the sit ups and v ups every day and see when I can add more. Todd has said that he is adding weight and repetitions every time. The point is to continuously challenge your body by changing things. 500 pound leg presses by my birthday in September!! :rofl:

Oh, do cookies brought to you by a neighbor as a "welcome" have calories? No? That's what I thought. But, on the bright side: I took a container with me to dinner out and immediately put half of my dinner in it. I was fully satisfied with 1/2 a meal.

Rhonda

ontarget
03-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Rhonda, I'm doing the happy dance I'm so excited ya'll are coming to visit. You're right. Cookies brought over have 0 calories. Congratulations on boxing half your meal. Kudos for that!

nancy237
03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Angela..

Thank you so much for keeping us posted about your dad...
That is scary it is cancerous but great that they can remove it.

By May your dad will have this surgery past him , baby will be
settled in and Robin will have 2 new knees!!!

I think that is smart to keep baby's name a surprise. It will be exciting
to announce name and weight .

sloanie
04-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Down to 134 this morning! I'm still counting calories and eating mostly core foods. DS has lost 40 pounds and DD has hit a plateau.

Angela, I'll continue to pray that the doctors do a good job, and that your dad recovers quickly. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your family not being able to help but am happy that you have time to line up the church friends. I'll bet they will be very happy to lend a hand. So many times we want to help someone but don't get the chance. Now they have an opportunity to serve!

Sandra and Rhonda, I'm so happy for you two. Post lots of pics so we can feel like we are there, too!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

blessedwithsarah
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow, lots going on.

Nancy, glad you and Robin were able to join the Y. Scary about the biker. Glad he was OK. Not something I'd want to witness.

Sloan, congrats on your progress! The new Sloan Fudge Diet could make you millions.

Angela, sorry to hear about your dad. Glad the Drs are optomistic. Keep us posted. Try to rest these next couple weeks, the little guy will be here before you know it.

Sandra and Rhonda - glad you're getting together! It should be a great visit. And Rhonda, any food gift is 0 calories -- otherwise, why would someone bring it over? :)

I'm doing really well back on track this week. The scale is moving in the right direction. Tomorrow I'll update my ticker -- right now I'm at where I was when I updated it last. Which isn't too bad - probably lose 3 pds this week. Got to love the first week back on track.

Well, go to run. Have a good day.

Vickie
04-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired but happy. Baby Boy Brodie will be officially adopted on April 10th. We are counting the days.

Sloan, I'm so proud of you! Not only is your house probably look awesome so are you. All that manual labor is paying off double. How is your Dad doing? I must have missed the rescue post. I so admire people who rescue. How fun it must be to win them over. I'm hoping Brodie likes me and not just Jim!

Angela, what a great prognosis for your Dad! It's a bummer that it will make things harder on you. If I lived close, I'd love to help. You are such a nice person, I bet you'll find you have more volunteers than you need. How's your Mom doing?

Sandra and Rhonda, you two are going to tear up the town together. Sandra, I thought you actually went back to the meetings. I guess you must have said you were thinking about it. Being back on program is just as good!

I'm outta here for today. Talk to you all later!

Vickie
04-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Paula, good going girlie! Can't wait to see that new tracker.

Tejas
04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi All:

You will remember that I went to NYC for my God-daughter. Well, as expected, her mother died. Life is rotten at times. She was a lawyer, brilliant, loving, and only in her 40's. She died of heart failure, after contracting bacterial pneumonia, related to her lung cancer (non-smoker). She has two children. My God-daughter is 15, her brother is 11 and has autism.

I was blessed to know her.

I'm staying OP, drinking water and doing my exercises while crying for my loss and the loss of so many others.

Rhonda

nancy237
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Rhonda

That is hard to grasp..why good people go so young .

Good for you for staying OP anyway..Hard to do..
:hug:

I know you will be a big support for your God child.

ontarget
04-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Rhonda, my heart goes out to all of you.

I'm tired today. I subbed at a local high school and even had a boys' soccer class. Large campus--lots of walking.

sloanie
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine how awful it is for those children. I'm praying for all of you.

Sandra, wow! A boys' soccer class? What kind of lesson did that teacher leave for you?

Vickie, dd's new dog wagged her tail at me this morning! I know that seems trivial, but it is a big accomplishment for her. My dad is doing well. He has had his second chemo treatment and has had no side effects, so far. Can't wait to see Brodie!

Paula, I'm starting on my new book "Fudge Your Way to Weight Loss". I was thinking that all of you could write special chapters about "foods that don't count". What do you think?

Hey to the rest of you chickies :D BBL

nancy237
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Sloanie

I love the sounds of that book..

I am starting my list..

Foods that someone buys for you.. etiquette rule
Foods that surround any celebration or holiday.
Foods bought with a coupon
Foods celebrating a weight loss.
Fair food
Vacation foods
All chocolate..it is good for you..

I don't know why my weight ticker isn't moving.

Tejas
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. Her name was Allison, by the way. I decided to do more unpacking tonight. I reached into a box and the first item I pulled out was a gift she gave me. I decided that was her saying "good bye."

Chapter suggestions:

Foods that friends bring over to your house.

Food picked off of someone else's plate. If it's your DH's plate, it is a minus calorie.

Food given to you by a child to share.

I'm sure I'll think of more :lol:

Rhonda

sloanie
04-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I love the suggestions! They made me laugh! I'm sure the book will be a best seller!!! Today is the first day of our two week + Good Friday spring break. :carrot: It's going to be sunny and 80 degrees here in Nashville, Tennessee. I'm getting outside today :D

Rhonda, your gift story made me smile. It's funny how that happens so often after a loved one has left us. Hang in there, I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

I'll check in with you chicks later. TTFN

blessedwithsarah
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Sloan, don't forget Wine -- its really a fruit!

blessedwithsarah
04-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Well, I updated my tracker. I'm actually the same as I was at the end of january --1/29 was the last time I updated it. So, I guess thats a good thing. Its going to be a quiet day here -- dd and I both have the day off. She's having a friend over, I'm going to get our tax stuff together (having them done on Tuesday) and then I need to start getting my dining room together for Sunday. Just need to get the leaves into the table and turn it around. We are only having 8 on Sunday.

Have a good day!

aghiowa
04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Have we mentioned the chapter on eating kids' leftovers yet? (Like crusts of PB&J's and the like).

Putting on a baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law tomorrow, but it's going to be very low key. I am shopping for food for it today and cleaning house tomorrow morning.

My feet have been swelling like something crazy since it got warmer here. It was over 80 degrees here yesterday! But luckily it's supposed to cool down, so hopefully that will help.

Time to get the girls to school,
Angela

Vickie
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm busy, busy, busy finishing up my puppy preparation and getting ready for the holiday. My eating is not stellar but neither is it horrible. I hope you are all well. I've been reading but not a lot of time to write.

Rhonda, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend Allison. Sometimes life just isn't fair. I know exactly how you feel. Somedays I'm just not over the loss of my best friend, Cindy. I try to honor her by remembering her life but sometimes I just feel sad. Our birthdays were a week apart so it's coming up soon. I try to celebrate on her birthday. I hope her children will be well taken care of.

sloanie
04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Angela, you're right. We need a chapter about the "mothers duty" to eat her kids' leftovers! I hope someone is helping you with the baby shower. That's a lot to take on when you are close to delivery yourself.

Vickie, I've been busy today, too. I have prepped two dressers for paint, painted two kitchen chairs, accompanied my parents to a meeting about a house, and now I'm finally sitting down. My eating has been just like yours. Tonight is my anniversary, 28 years, so DH and I are going to sit out on the deck and share a bottle of wine. Not exactly core, but it fits in with the chapter about food eaten at celebrations, and it is a fruit serving :D

Paula, the wine IS a fruit serving, right?

Have a great evening, y'all!

ontarget
04-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Sloan, the teacher left a senior in charge of the soccer team. I was just a warm body. I sat on a grassy hillside watching while chatting with a young player who has a broken wrist. It was good getting to know him. he told me he was a "nerd athlete." He's in the top 10 in his class. I had a blast all day. The kids were wonderful. I do worry about how the chemistry kids did on their test today, though.

ontarget
04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Rhonda, what a beautiful thought. That probably was Allison's saying, "Good-bye."

Vickie, you're going to enjoy your new puppy.

Curtis is extremely allergic to animals, so we don't have any pets. No dogs, no cats--nothing but wild birds. But Curtis is worth it--and when I pet his bald head, he purrs.

Paula, I'm weighing the same now for over a year, but it's about 40 or more pounds higher than it should be. Sometimes I just wish I could accept myself for who I am.

Vickie
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Bad day. Second day of glorious unseasonably warm temperatures. I should be thrilled. Too bad there is a decaying dead something or other under or deck. We can't access under the deck. It's only about 4-6 inches off the ground and has boards around the exposed sides to keep this from happening! Thankfully, I found a guy in my town who will remove alive or dead critters and sanitize. Bad news is he is probably going to have to disassemble part of our deck. He said he'll put it back as good as he can.

Yikes! It stinks SOOOOOOOOO bad.

Hope you all had a better day.

Sandra, that's quite the mental picture you paint. Does Curtis know you told us all that he purrs? How CUTE is that?

Tejas
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Happy Anniversary Sloan...yes, wine IS a fruit serving. Always has been, and always will be. Enjoy.

Vickie, ooh wee, good luck with that mess.

Angela, good luck with the shower. We have about 10-12 coming here on Sunday. I'm just lining up the food and saying "help yourself." And....I'm buying the ham and potato salad from a local Bar-B-Que place. I'm learning how to entertain!

I'm starting to take a protein supplement, powder mixed with water. It can't be Core, but I need more protein according to what I'm reading and what the trainer is telling me. I'll have to watch the calories even more closely.

Also, I've been diagnosed with "moderately severe partial sleep apnea" and I have to have another test next week.
Oh well, I guess I get to wear one of those funny masks. I have a close friend who wears one and he said it made all the difference in his energy levels. DH is next!

Have a good night,
Rhonda

nancy237
04-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I am laughing thinking of what a new person on our forum would think....
" what a great diet with all the foods that don't count... "

I just watched Pretty Woman...Love that movie...

Sandra ..that is too funny about Curtis purring..

Vickie..it was a warm day here also...I finally broke down and found my shorts...
That is awful about the dead animal under your deck. We had a dead animal downwind from us last year and that was bad enough...

Rhonda..are you going to get an apnea mask??? Let us know how that goes...

Night all

ontarget
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Ewwwwwwwww, Vickie. I hope you get the dead critter removed quickly with as little damage as possible. :lol: Curtis knows I talk about his purring. He's all right with it. He just wishes I'd pet him move.

Rhonda, I'm anxious to see you and am hoping to get the jumpstart I so desperately need.

Nancy, "Pretty Woman" is a great movie with a fabulous song.

sloanie
04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Mornin' chicks, I've got another busy day planned. First, I'm going out to lunch with my sister and neice to celebrate my sister's birthday, then I'm going to the hardware store (my second home) to pick up some pulls for the two dressers that I started painting yesterday, put a second coat on the dressers, and cover the cushions for the kitchen chairs that I painted this week........ Is your head spinning? Mine is! I am excited about the decorating part of this remodel, but we still have some work to do on the remodel part. Dining room floor is going in on Monday, and living room carpet is going in on the following Monday. That's why I'm I painting furniture now. I can paint inside and not worry about getting paint on the floor. I've go two end tables to paint, too! I plan to do those next week before the carpet is installed.

Needless to say, my eating is "on again/off again", but I'm still paying attention. In the past, I would use all this "busy-ness" as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. NOT THIS TIME. Being here with y'all has changed all that for me. Even if we fall, we can always come right back here to get lifted up again. I love my chickies!

I'll check in later to see what y'all are up to. TTFN

Vickie
04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
So Trapper Nick removed two possums, both dead. I'll spare you the details. He cleaned up and sanitized with an enzyme. I asked him what to do to keep them from going under our deck and he said to install hardware cloth. There's already solid wood under the deck so I'm not sure how this will help but I'll talk to our handyman.

Since I'm not sure that is going to work, I started researching. I found this product called HotShot. It's available through Amazon and seems like it contains a hot pepper solution. Do you think that it would bother a dog if this were sprayed around the edges of a deck that a dog would have to walk over?

http://www.amazon.com/HotShot-Possum-Repellent/dp/B0006A7EEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1270324936&sr=8-1

Vickie

BTW, he said things burrow under concrete patios so if I hadn't already been told that wasn't a fail safe solution....I'd know it now.

ontarget
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Vickie, my :lol: in my last post was about Curtis' purring not about your critter problem. I hope you knew that and didn't think it was for what you'd posted.

We have worked in the yard today and are both tired and grouchy. I'll catch ya'll later.

aghiowa
04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Eww, Vickie! Glad you got that possum problem taken care of quickly.

The shower went really well. We had plenty of food, it turned out yummy, and it was the right amount. I tried to use my girls and husband a lot during the "getting ready" portion and so I'm not too tuckered out. The girls, in fact, baked and frosted and decorated the cupcakes all by themselves!! It's nice having capable young helpers. :)

I'm off to rest before bed.

Angela

Vickie
04-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy Easter to all who celebrate. I'll be with my family today. I'm up early with my stomach burning. I'm a delayed reaction kind of girl. Jim keeps telling me it's ok that everything is dealt with, but I'm still freaked out about the stupid possum even though it's gone. I hate the thought of another one going under there and croaking. Sigh. Must move on.

I hope you all have a great day. What is everyone doing? I'm going to my Sister's for dinner and to watch my Great Nieces and Nephews have their Easter egg hunt.

ontarget
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Rhonda and Doyle had invited us up for Easter Dinner today, but we were supposed to go to my son's for dinner and Easter egg hunt with the grands. However, they changed their minds about hosting and went to my daughter-in-law's parents about 150 miles from here. Our Easter was low key. We got up this morning, went to Sunday school and church, then went to Dairy Queen with a few other couples from church. It was all right. I'm just sorry we'd already told Doyle and Rhonda that we couldn't come to their house.

Later this afternoon a friend from town came out to shoot a few arrows with me. We didn't hunt eggs, but we did have to hunt a few arrows that landed in the grass. :lol:

Vickie, you'll probably never have another critter under your deck. Try not to worry. And if you do get another, you know who to get to get rid of it for you.

Tejas
04-04-2010, 11:20 PM
We had a good party, but it would have been better if Sandra and Curtis had come up....but, I didn't remember that Curtis is allergic to dogs! Ouch...well, when the weather gets better we'll eat outside, if that will help...

I'm going to Toronto tomorrow...