Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Default ugh okay..i can do this,right?

alright i posted a few days ago that me and hubby went out to dinner and it was in my flex....Well that night i kinda just ate what i wanted, i didn't go overboard like i said but still came close, then Saturday i did well all day except i baked cookies and ate 4...yes 4 of them....then today i went to golden corral and i dont even want to know how many points i had there..i tried to be good but i just couldn't in a place like that..i didn't get anything fried though at least!

Anyways im realizing i wasn't ready to go out just yet, We have been going strong for 3 months without any screw up and i just blew myself away this weekend...i know the whole get right back on but im scared that now im gonna be tempted again like i was last time i went out.

I dont really know what im looking for with this post, maybe just some encouragement and support...im feeling pretty low and upset with myself..i really didnt need to go overboard 3 days in a row.
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Im sorry, but this happens to me all the time. I try not to think about it too much considering what's done is done, and you can't take anything back. just jump back on that diet wagon and keep on truckin'!!

As for the you not going out, if you feel that you have no will power when you go out then for the first few weeks, months however long you feel that you wont be able to turn away temptation!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

This was a huge reason why I could never lose weight in the past, because DH and I would eat out all the time. Each time I thought, since I'm eating out and paying all that much for a good dinner, I should get what I want.

The best thing you can do, which it sounds like you know, is to get back on plan asap and please don't beat yourself up.

The only way I'v been able to deal with eating out now is that my plan is pretty restrictive - low fat, low cal, low carb, and I can't let up the leash at all when I go out. I don't even look at the items that I know I can't have - I spend most of my time looking over the nutritional info brochure and deciding what kind of salad I want and how to modify it!

LOL, I never thought I'd be the girl that orders salad at a restaurant (I used to think, go big or stay home! Mmm country fried steak...) but I am now. It's surprising, but forcing myself to eat on plan while at restaurants really opened my eyes to the choices I used to make. Eventually I hope to be "good" 4/5 times and let up the leash 1/5 times I go out after reaching goal.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

The past is the past, focus on the future.

So maybe you gained back a few pounds...so it might take you a few weeks more to get to your goal weight. You're not dooming yourself to failure, you're just lengthening the amount of time it will take to get there.

Every time I want to go out to eat, I try and remind myself "is it worth the extra week to get to my goal?"....and sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't....idk, it just helps me to think about it that way.

You're not doomed to fail. You CAN do this. We all indulge a little too much every once and a while, you are not alone.

So you might have gained 2 or 3 pounds. That just means you need to work a little bit harder and be a little bit stricter for a while to make up for it =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I totally feel your pain. I know there are a few of us on here that prefer to "stay in our box" because it's comfortable and we aren't tempted.

I have the hardest time when I'm travelling. It's not that I don't KNOW what choices to make but temptation just gets the best of me.

First of all, I would say avoid buffets. Those are ridiculously hard to control yourself at.... especially because most people feel like they need to get their moneys worth.

Try to plan. I typically do better if I know WHERE I am going to eat and am able to look at the menu online. That way you can look up calories (if you're on WW or calorie counter). Also you go in knowing what you're going to eat and you aren't overwhelmed by the choices or tempted by whoever you're eating with.

Don't feel bad - I think all of us have been where you are. I just had 3 weekends like that, but I'm back on the horse, just like you will be too. The important thing to remember is just because you have a few horrible meals doesn't mean you need to continue to make bad choices. You don't have to continue to "damage" yourself. It may take a week to balance yourself back out, but you can do this.

This is why we're here.... to support each other.

Last edited by Feral; 03-29-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #6  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

going out to eat seriously sets me back. i try to look up calorie counts online for whatever restaurant we end up going to, but sometimes i still order something different. i'm trying to be more restrictive. i know its okay to have a cheat meal once in awhile - but that doesnt mean i don't feel bad about it. i have to work on that! lol
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Thanks everyone so much...got back on and doing good today....before i would have just said forget it but i was able to get back on without trouble..i am tempted by everything but i know its not worth it..i only gained around .6 pounds and i think alot is water weight so maybe i will get lucky!
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #8  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Try to plan. I typically do better if I know WHERE I am going to eat and am able to look at the menu online.
Definitely! I do this whenever I can; even if you aren't looking for calorie or nutrition info, just thinking about it ahead of time when you're still logical can help you make a good choice.

The other thing that helps me is to set a limit of how often you'll go out. In our house, it's once every Saturday-Friday week (or less). Doing this makes it so that you can't let a whole weekend (or week) go, which makes it easier for me.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote