100 lb. Club - Saved by my own ineptitude!

View Full Version : Saved by my own ineptitude!

WildThings
03-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Last night I thought I needed cookies. Not really sure why, I wasn't hungry, I haven't had sugar in over a month, it would have put me way over my calories for the day...just really wanted cookies. So I made some. A small batch of peanut butter cookies, only one cookie sheet of them (still would have been way too many). I put them into bake, then started doing other stuff and by the time I remembered they were still baking, I had burnt them all! So the whole tray of cookies went in the trash. I cleaned everything up, put the stuff away and called it a night.

Whew...calories for the day, still intact!

Gracie789
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
:lol: Yay for ineptitude! I swear there must be some greater force out there helping us stay on track when we want to cave, because these things usually happen when we should be saying 'no'. ;)

dragonwoman64
03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
loved the title of your thread, ha.

I've done stuff like that before, I like it when my subconscious saves me. heh heh

tryhardforlife
03-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Classic after a night out in the clubs I craved Taco Bell. We to the drive thru way too crowded so I left. A sign from above.

WildThings
03-28-2010, 07:36 PM
It was actually a relief. I was already feeling guilty about making them. I knew I should, I didn't need them, but I still made them. I would have probably eaten all of them too. Fortunately, the craving is gone, back to my normal program today.

MomtoThree
03-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I love how that usually works, around here it is children needing something.

BeachBreeze2010
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
That's too funny! I can totally relate. Sometimes I think those cravings are just about keeping busy and a little bit about smells. Enjoying the smell of the cookies baking and the routine of something familiar might have been enough. I am "thankful" that I never was much of a baker anyway! LOL!

Amanda77
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Annie beat me to it. lol I was going to say maybe just the smell was enough to kill the craving. Ineptitude rocks. ;)

Michelle98272
03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
At work a few weeks ago, we were celebrating a co-workers birthday. I have a super sweet boss who buys everyone's favorite for their day...the HR girl wanted a triple layer chocolate cake...the gourmet kind that stands about 10 inches tall. It was dark chocolate cake with even darker chocolate frosting covered in dark chocolate shavings.

I passed it up the first go round during our weekly meeting but then it sat, calling my name in the break/copy room. Every time I walked past it to make copies it quietly called to me. "Mmmmiiichhelllllllllle..."

Finally around 3pm when my afternoon slump hits, the string cheese and triscuits that I brought didn't look so good. I felt like I was sneaking around cheating on my boyfriend...I slunk into the break room and cut off a wee sliver of the gorgeous cake. I tend to be a super jumpy person for some unknown reason, my co-worker came in and loudly asked how my day was going...I jumped and the cake flew out of my hands onto the table, slippery frosting side down. I laughed at my jumpiness and my feeling of needing to sneak to have the treat. I told my co-worker that I had almost slipped but she saved me!

I then went to the fridge and got out my string cheese and triscuits. This is the 2nd time that I was "caught" at work in the breakroom with some forbidden treat...that I either dropped the food on the floor or like this time threw it back on the table.

I look at times like those as God being funny and in his joking way, telling me that I really didn't need the junk anyway!!

Sandi
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
You guys are too funny!!!! :lol: