Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #1  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Default Exercise while sick?

Running really I guess, I'm not sure what to do... I really want to get on with the c25k program, I haven't done anything in 2 weeks now since I was in Houston and got sick when I got home. It's mostly in my head with some tiredness and moderate coughing. I've read various opinions about running while sick and am thinking about giving it a go. Maybe I'll restart, do week 1 and see how it goes? I'm feeling like an oversized sloth.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 03-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Jam if you are over the sickness and only have a slight cough you're ready to roll again... Start off where you left off with the c25k and see how if feels and adjust from there if you're feeling it's too difficult.

This morning I went out after 10 days of not feeling well and I did much better than I thought, I even shaved a coupla minutes off my regular time...

Hope this helps keep us posted on your progress and/or what youi decide..
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #3  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

I have had a sprained ankle since Monday and it is still really sore. I am trying to find things to do while this is healing. I'm a big fan of working out with YouTube videos and this seems to be helping. Today a feel very blah though. Not sick, just no energy. Probably from doing the SlimFast thing the last week. Hopefully I can get over this and do something productive today.

On a happier note, I was able to button and zip some jeans I haven't been able to wear in I don't know how long. They aren't pretty, but I'm making progress.

Mini Goal 4: 160 - 48lbs to go
Unrealistic Goal?? 155 - 63lbs to go

Last edited by BrittanieYork; 03-27-2010 at 02:42 PM.
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157 / Ticker / 130

Height: 5'6"

I would say go for it! But if you feel terrible then listen to your body and rest. It's really up to how you feel.

Last week I was also sick. Once I could breathe through both nostrils, I was back on the treadmill running even though I was technically "sick". I think it helped speed up my recovery too.
Tia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #5  
Gotta run!

I haven't ran today... yet, I'm still debating. We went for a walk with the dogs, it was tough for me to keep up to my husband and I kept having to cough Maybe I'm not quite ready for it yet, I usually leave him in the dust.

I have never wanted to exercise while I was sick, what a strange feeling.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  
Gotta run!

Managed w2d1 last night Legs and bum are a little sore today.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on getting through another day running I've read that if it's above the neck, go ahead and exercise, but if it's below the neck, take the day off. Just a rule of thumb I found useful.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #8  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Yay for getting through it! What I was going to say, about exercising in general while sick, is that I typically go for a walk- the better I'm feeling, the faster I can walk, but at least it gets me up and doing something. And if I feel really bad, I walk around the block at 2 mph and call it a day.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #9  
Gotta run!

Thanks guys. Actually I'm thinking I have to take a break, I'm still sick I just finished my antibiotics for my sinuses so it shouldn't be anything I need any more drugs for. So I think I'm going to have to try to get lots of rest over the next little while, go to bed really early and just take it a bit easier. I haven't been sick like this in a long time but luckly I've almost completely stopped coughing, I'm just super tired with a nasty head cold now.