South Beach Diet - Spring into Action Weekend Beach Chat

Lexxiss
03-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

It appears that I'm the first one up...good for me, I've been missing my early mornings! We have a few stray snowflakes falling right now but they can't stop my flowers anymore. They are springing into action no matter what!

Coffee is flowing freely here, tea water always hot! :cofdate: Sooo........what's on your list this weekend? Stop by and say Hi!

Me, undecided as of yet....I'll get some work done in the office while I plan....I do think a bit of skiing may be on my list. Excuse me for a bit while I "Spring into Action".

Ruthxxx
03-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Good morning! Just up and need breakfast badly because of very low blood sugar. Back in a bit.

Lexxiss
03-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Good morning, Ruth! I hope your BS is heading towards normal by now. I'm looking forward to hearing your weekend report!

TwynnB
03-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Good morning Debbie and Ruth!! My coffee is brewing...

It is amazing how fast all the plant are coming up!! This is the first spring in my new house, so it's fun seeing what comes up.

I have my running garb on. Going outside, since the kiddos don't have school. Oops, just saw the temperature, it's only 22!! Might still go out, it'll probably warm up when the sun is up. I'm going on a bike trail with the pup, so hopefully no attacks today!!

Enjoy your coffee and weekend!

TwynnB
03-27-2010, 07:40 AM
"Hope your "BS" is heading towards normal now".

OHHHHHHH....blood sugar....got it!! ;)

WaistingTime
03-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Ruth and Debbie - So glad you are both home and with us early again:)

Twynn - Enjoy your run. Dress warmly!

Can I really be the 4th person on here! I better type fast.

Busy weekend. DH's 50th today. Our niece and her new husband are coming this morning sometime and staying overnight. We are having a few family over. DS has his indoor soccer post-season game tonight and plans to figure out a way to ask girlfriend to prom there. Oh, he has a practice AP test this morning so I need to wake him up soon!

So... I have been having a mental battle and think I will have a planned cheat tonight. Not cake - I can skip that. But niece wants subs from a local place and their salad with chicken is 1000 calories and I do not want the hassle of being the only one not ordering and dealing with looks and questions. I don't actually want or crave the bread (wheat but surely not whole grain) but I think I would rather deal with that and my guilt than being noticed for not eating. Sigh. We'll see, I am still debating.

Have a great weekend all. Be back when I can.

cottagebythesea
03-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Good morning! :coffee: MMMMmmmmm, Jake makes such good coffee, even when he's sick, which he is today. I just have to make sure not to get his germs! Can't be sick during vacation!

Debbie, thanks for "Springing into action" and starting up the weekend thread. :) Enjoy your day of skiing!

Ruth, I hope things are back to normal after eating something. I woke up feeling hungry today, but am waiting to see if Jake feels good enough to go out or should I just make some oatmeal here at home. How's dear little Jazz doing?

Twynn, it's a frigid 26* here this morning! It sounds like good running weather, though. I'll do my run shortly, but inside, running in place with Sir Wii. :D

So! I guess the day is up in the air until I know how Jake is feeling. I could hear him in the bathroom several times during the night. He's laying on the sofa out on the sunporch watching TV right now. I'm staying far away from him!

I'll sit and sip my coffee and think about what I'm going to do to Spring into Action today. :)

cottagebythesea
03-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Karen, you made it here before me, but just barely! Wish your DH a Happy Birthday from me, and I hope he has a nice day. Good luck on dinner tonight. How about taking the insides out of the sub and eating it like a salad? I think now's the time to stay strong and let your family realize that you are serious about changing your eating habits, but that's just my opinion. Good luck and have a good day, whatever you decide to do.

Ruthxxx
03-27-2010, 08:13 AM
:lol: Twinn, my BS is always normal. :lol: Toast with PB fixed the other BS.

Debbie, I hope you can work in some spring skiing. I miss skiing but am afraid to screw up my knee again.

Waisting, sounds like a good celebration coming up. Your planned "cheat" is not so bad.

Cottage, I'm glad Jake was OK to make the coffee and hope he feels better soon. Do you have another week of "holidays"?

Today is shaping up as cold and sunny again. I miss Spring although I did check out my new front perennial bed and things are sprouting. Today is supposed to be above freezing. Yahoo! Yesterday was darn cold to be outside selling daffodils.

Jazz is feeling much better this morning so obedience class this afternoon is a go. I think he nibbled something nasty when he did his initial tour of the dog yard when we got back from the kennel.

Time for a soak in the tub - the first since getting back. Showers are great but I do love my tub!

Enjoy your Saturday!

cottagebythesea
03-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Ruth, yes, I'm off until the 6th! :D

Lexxiss
03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Good morning Twynn, Karen, and Linda!

Twynn, hope you're out running by now!

Karen, happy BD to DH! Hmm...weighing in on the bread-I'd probably consider providing my own bread or having the salad-dressing on the side. If it's really uncomfortable, I agree with Ruth, it isn't that bad. Whatever you decide-pitch the guilt thing-any choice you make ISN'T worth that.

Linda, hope Jake feels better and for sure don't you get sick!

Ruth, enjoy your soak!

cottagebythesea
03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
I guess Jake is feeling better, as he wants to go out for breakfast. :dizzy:

CyndiM
03-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Good morning :coffee2: The cats allowed me to sleep in again. Good thing because both DW and I have been feeling quite sleep deprived this week.

Debbie - It's nice to see you back in your usual spot in the morning :) Before I forget - thanks for sharing some of your vacation meal planning and implementation with us. It's almost migration season here and we will be away from home on occasion so it's always nice to see what others do in those situations. I also loved your pics and want to visit those places now :)

Ruth - I've always admired your BS ;) It's so nice seeing you in the morning again!

Twynn - Did you brave the cold? I'm such a wimp about that.
How exciting watching your new yard bloom. I bet there will be some fun surprises.

Cottage - Wow, Jake made the coffee even though he's sick?! Wow, definitely a keeper, but obviously you know that already ;)

Karen - I second Cottage's suggestion. It's not the calories so much, you can always work those off on the treadmill, it's the processed grain and probable sugars that would worry me. Good luck whatever you decide. I know you will hop right back on either way.
Hope all goes as well as possible with the MRI. I"m glad you had that looked at and the doctor is taking it seriously.

It's another spring cleaning, cooking, planting weekend around here. DW has a website to finish for a local CSA so she will be working on that all day today. I'm going to make another snack cake using some of my dried strawberry stash. Has anyone tried freezing the cake? I want to do a week of Phase 1 starting Monday and don't want the cake sitting around.

On the work front we actually had some success with the House. The cuts to our agencies were removed for this fiscal year with implementation of the changes moved to the next fiscal year rather than midway through the upcoming year. This gives us time to plan and to work with the Division to find ways to make the process more efficient while still meeting the needs of vulnerable families. Now let's hope the Senate and gov go along with it. Never doubt that making a lot of noise and telling the important stories can make a difference.

Time to get a To Do list started for the weekend. #1-drink coffee. That's something I can fit in ;)

TwynnB
03-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Just got back from my run! It was a bit chilly at first, but great after that. The Reesie Pup had frost on her whiskers!! :D

Karen - I'll often just get the sub, and pull most of the bread off. Most subs have so much bread, people don't question it. I honestly don't like them much anymore!

Guess I have to go to work :(. Then tonight is DS's 7th bday party!!

Mmckellen
03-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning all!~ I'm a bit sluggish today due to wine last night. My husband and I watched "The Hangover" and it just seemed appropriate to drink wine while watching it. I had intended to do a clean phase 1 for the full 2 weeks but now I just feel like moving onto Phase 1.5 because I want to start exercising again, and I find my energy to be a little low when I do Phase 1. So that is where I am today.

We have an egg hunt at my friend's house and they are barbequing after so that will be fun. It looks like a beautiful day but still chilly, high will only be 46 degrees.

Karen - I support planned cheats but personally would never cheat for something I didn't like or wasn't a big fan of! I also say eat the insides and throw away the bread.

tammies00
03-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Morning
It is beautiful and sunny here. Suppose to be in the mid 70's today and most of the week next week. One day it is suppose to get up to 78. It is "flip flop and sandal" season!! I think I will give myself a pedicure today. I don't like to go get my "first" pedicure of the season because my feet need a bit more extra attention. LOL

We are going to be planting flowers in our flower beds today. so we are off to lowes shortly. Need to do some grocery shopping, homework, and housework!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Tammie

murphmitch
03-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Good morning! Up fairly early on the weekend for me. Couldn't sleep last night and finally took an Ambien at 1:30 and slept until 7:30. My beloved UNI lost to Michigan State in the Sweet 16 last night so got to bed late, then tossed and turned. Coffee is helping this morning. Palm Sunday tomorrow is such a long service, trying to decide if I want to go tonight or in the AM. Going to a "Natural Living Expo" with my hubby this morning. Should be fun! Had a good Phase I this week, so I feel much better after last week's eating fiasco. Went to a pizza party last night to watch the BB game, so I made a veggie pizza on TJ's whole wheat pizza dough. It was very good. Limited myself to 2 pieces and I was quite satisfied. Jeans are fitting well again. Hope you all have a great weekend!

CyndiM
03-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Anne - I feel your pain :)

Susanisamom
03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Good Morning you beautiful South Beach Women...

Got the cup of Joe in hand.. got to tend my facebook farm and hope to be listing a few things on ebay to get some extra $.

Treated myself to the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd that skinny little Bob kicked my arse..muscles are sore in places i didnt know i had muscles..haha its a good hurt..

Made the spagetti squash pizza last night..OMG.. with some leftover buffalo chicken..tasted just like chicken parmasen..Hubby said " next time can you make some for all of us.."

its a great spring day here in AZ, already warm..LOL... in hopes of having a nice walk or bike ride...

Have a wonderful day ladies....

cottagebythesea
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Cyndi, that's wonderful news on the job front! At least it buys you all some time, anyway.

We checked at several garden supply centers and it seems everyone is temporarily out of gardening soil because of the weather. :( I put in a call to my son, who is a landscaper, to try to pick me up a few yards if he can find any, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

ETA -

Hi, Susan!

ChelseaW
03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Happy weekend everyone! Thanks to my DH getting up early with our son, I got to sleep in this morning, which felt sooo good. And thankfully I think I'm over the worst of SB flu, I feel MUCH better today. We're heading out for a walk around the lake and a trip to the playground soon.

mmc, What did you think of "The Hangover"? I thought it was hilarious, DH and I laughed SO hard.

jenne1017
03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Morning all. Er afternoon!

DW and I got up early, went for brunch, hit a small farmer's market (they only sold "Stuff" no fresh fruits or veggies), another cheese only shop (I did get a few new cheeses for us to try for lunch) and then to Whole Foods.

Now, I am going to nap before starting my paper. Hope you girls are enjoying your day!

BellaLucia
03-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi chickies! Still chugging along on The Beach!

Lexxiss
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I really did plan to get back here this AM! In a moment of weakness I decided to fix the light switch..needed a new one at Lowe's...got back home...installed it...washed the fixture...had tea with my CSA partner...made pesto...decided to apply for a job at the organic restaurant so went to lunch...and the store...and DH's appt...now I'm heading to the library! This has been one of those days that didn't go where I was thinking it would. I read everyone's posts :wave: :wave:

A special hello to our new beachers! It's a beautiful day here, I can ski on Monday! I'm in a beachy mood!

tammies00
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
We got the flower bed planted today. Well dh did most of the work. I just told him where to put stuff. I also planted all of the window boxes and other planters. I also got a good deal of housework done today. The kids are having a sleepover tonight just waiting for everyone to arrive. I tried the crack slaw tonight. I made mine with shrimp and threw in some snap peas and portabella mushrooms. It was good, but I think it was missing somehting. It needs something more. I forgot the red pepper flakes so maybe that is what was missing.

Have a good night

Tammie

WaistingTime
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much for your advice and opinions about my planned cheat. I love that I can get non-judgmental input on both sides of my decision. I would have felt supported whatever I decided to do. You gals are the best:hug: I debated all day and ended up sub-less:)

Catch you tomorrow when my guests are not around.

TwynnB
03-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah for you Karen!

I must admit, this forum makes me feel normal. So many people around me eat NOTHING like I do. Aren't these chicks great?

Debbie - apply for a job?!?! Aren't you busy enough!??! (although it does sound like fun!!)

We just got home from my DS birthday party. I have decided with those different little boy personalities, that his teacher is a saint. Or crazy. PHEW!!

Have a great night!!

Ruthxxx
03-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Good morning! It looks like spring is back with April showers starting a bit early.

Jazz seems back to normal and was OK at class yesterday. He sure needs a refresher course in the "down stay" command. I have two weeks before the next class and need to schedule him in daily.

We celebrated Earth Hour after dinner at Heather's last night. We sat in candle light and talked and laughed. John and Rob also announced that they are getting married next June. They've been together for twenty years and this will be a big event.

Church this morning and then a day of deskwork with a bit of quilting for variety.

What's happening chez toi?

cottagebythesea
03-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Good Sunday morning! It's back to freezing temps here and a cold rain is expected. Brrrrrr!

Karen, good for you for staying OP at your family celebration last night! If I'm going to have a planned cheat, I want the extra calories to be worth it, and a sub just doesn't fit the bill. I hope you had a good time and that it was a happy celebration!

Debbie, the job you have applied for sounds like it would be fun. Good luck!

Twynn, a belated Happy Birthday to your son!

We spent a really quiet, laid back day yesterday at home, but Jake is feeling much better. We'd like to get some garden prep started today, but the weather will play a big factor in that since rain is moving in. My big excitement of the day may just be going to Bed, Bath & Beyond and buying a new set of frying pans, instead. ;)
The kids will be over later and I should start thinking about what to make them for dinner.

How's everyone's Sunday shaping up?

cottagebythesea
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Ruth, I forgot all about Earth Hour last night, and I had meant to observe it. :o I'm glad Jazz is feeling like his old self. Please convey my best wishes to John and Rob. After 20 years together, I'm glad they're finally going to make it official. :)

CyndiM
03-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Wow, the cats let us (well me) sleep in two days in a row. I really needed it this week too.

Debbie - That could be fun though, as Twynn said, I'm now sure how you will fit it in!

Karen - I'm glad you made it through the day with a solution that worked for you. These Chicks are the best around here :)

Ruth - Sounds like a nice, relaxing post vacation day. Wow, 20 years, congratulations to them.

Cottage - Is it warming up there? It actually was pretty nice here yesterday so I'm hoping that happens again. Maybe the rain will hold off for you too.

It's waterbird migration time so we are off birding this morning. Nothing distant, just up and down the Connecticut a bit. There are some nice flooded fields that we check every year about this time. Looking forward to getting back to the birding thing. We took it easy this winter with DW's focus on fitness and working out and my dislike of cold it was easy to just stay in most weekends. Now we are building up to warbler migration - sort of the birder Olympics ;)

If the rain holds off I've got some yard work to do. If it doesn't there's no shortage of housework.

This week's mock snack cake is a success. I know most of you don't have dehydrated strawberries but powdering some and mixing in was a really good idea.

Okay, time for some coffee!

WaistingTime
03-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Good morning ladies. Just checking in while our house-guests still sleep. They will be having bagels for breakfast, which some of you know I LOVE. I will stick with my beans.

Have a great Sunday.

Heidi58
03-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning friends! :wave:
I spent the day with my parents yesterday and was too tired to read or post last night when I checked in to the spring challenge thread. I had a great time but the one day visits always wear me out. :lol: I'm so glad I was able to go though, we had a great visit and got a few things done that I wanted to do with/for my mom and I introduced them to crack slaw. :D (Of course they loved it. lol)

The scale finally budged, too. I'm not sure if it was the shock of having me hop on at 4:30 am yesterday or the surprise of the 13 degree weather but whatever the reason I'm down a little over a pound and very happy about it.

I enjoyed reading through the thread this morning. I'm hoping to get back with some personals after my shower but I have a few odds and ends to get ready for Sunday School this morning and I can't really relax and enjoy my online time til I get that taken care of. :)

Mmckellen
03-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone! A quick wave hello before I eat some breakfast and go out for a walk. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lexxiss
03-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Just checking in. I had a rough evening and ate something I didn't really want to and yet wasn't willing to stop myself, either. DH's daugthers are pretty self centered and the younger one went off on me last night telling me I'm an uncaring b****h (among numerous other things). My head is trying to tell me it isn't personal but in fact, it was very personal...I'm going to try to take care of myself today. Funny, I had gone to the library and checked out the Beck Diet Solution, which I think I am going to try to incorporate into my plan. I feel like I have the good eating tools down through SBD, but am missing the tools I need to deal with the (sometimes extreme) details of life that lead me to overeat in the first place.

So, the daughters aren't coming here for Easter and she left the phone conversation with the "whatever" line which is just so incredibly rude.

I'm going to deal with just today. Church and a good day with DH and the pups. We'll try to get the dogs out for a walk. I'll plan my food and stick to it. Sorry to blather, but it's not good for me to come here and just say I'm great when it kinda sucks right now.

KatehSparrow
03-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Morning ladies!

Just popping in to say Hi before heading out to church!

Mmckellen
03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
So sorry Debbie. In laws can be incredibly difficult!

WaistingTime
03-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Debbie - :hug:

tammies00
03-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Hugs Debbie! I hope you have a nice day with hubby and the pups. I was thinking about getting htat book also. I think MMC had a thread and someone was talking about the book. I wanted to read it.

Congrats Heide on the pounds lost.

My scale isn't showing a loss this week. I am so confused. On Monday I weighed 211 and now it states I weigh 216. I haven't gone off plan except for one day. I didn't plan lunch and end up eating some fries. I have started exercising. I haven't drank enough water. I am not "backed" up.

I just don't think I have gained 5 pounds. Could it be because of not drinking enough water? I had lost 6 pounds in the month of March. I did weigh on a different scale and it weighed me as the same thing.

My pants that were really loose seem tighter around the belly.

Ok enough of the pitty party for me.

How is your Sunday? On a happy note I have little shoots sticking out of the dirt were I planted onions. I love watching my little baby veggies grow!!!

TwynnB
03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Tammie- you would've had to eat what...15K extra calories to gain 5 lbs??!! I don't think so!! Give yourself a day or two off the scale, and then look again. (It happens to me a lot!)

Debbie - sorry about the daughter. How old is she? If she's not a teenager, she's acting like one!! Nessa from here did Beck as well, and I should look into it too! Everyone here knows you're a wonderful person :hug:

me- off to make the menu for the week. What should I do with some pork tenderloin? It's been a lovely morning so far.

Have a fabulous day!

CyndiM
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Debbie :hug: I started Beck and loved what I read but didn't stick with it. I'd like to give it another try because I also have some attitudes and behaviors that just need adjusting. I did notice that just the little bit I did stuck with me. I'm so much better about being hungry now. I actually pat myself on the back instead of freaking out and looking for food.

tammie - I saw Cat pop-in on another thread with her famous scale advice. Sometimes you just have to step away from the little monster. Increase the water, watch the sodium and keep on keeping on.

Heidi - I always introduce my parents to recipes from here. Last visit I got my Mom hooked on mock snack cake. Now she takes it to work when she subs so she can get everyone else to try it ;)

Now that we are back from birding and it's obviously not going to be a yard work day (windy and bitter) I need to get to my inside list. Anyone else planning a visit back to P1 this week? I've got some serious planning to do.

cottagebythesea
03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm not going back and doing a Phase 1 over, but I am cracking down more on the starchy carbs. I've been going a tad bit overboard with them lately, although it's still fully within the Phase 2 guidelines. I'd like to read that Beck Diet Solutions book, too. And another book that I'm interested in reading is Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint.

It's cold, windy, overcast, and downright ugly outside and looking like rain any minute. All I feel like doing is curling up under a quilt with a pot of tea and my laptop. We did go out earlier for breakfast and I got my new pans (Calphalon is on SALE at BB&B!), and stopped at Mom & Dad's for coffee, but I'm in for the rest of the day. The kids will be here later, and they want rigatoni & meatballs for supper, so that's easy enough. I'll have leftover spaghetti squash pie.

I got 2 quarts of strawberries for .99 @ yesterday and am thinking about using the mock snack cake recipe to make a shortcake. I'm not sure if anyone will eat it if they know it's made with beans, but I think I'm going to try it anyway. I won't tell them, but they know by now that if I'm eating it, then there's something "funny" in it. :dizzy:

Debbie, don't let your stepdaughters get you down. You are a treasure, and we all love you! :hug:

Tammie, I'm a firm believer in not trusting the evil scale. I don't even own one, although I will occasionally weigh in on the Wii scale, just to see my progress. Even that is goofy, though, and goes up and down for no apparent reason.

BellaLucia
03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey girls! Just another Manic Sunday!

Heidi58
03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Debbie :hug: I hope you're enjoying a nice day with Kirk and the pups.
FWIW, I wish I could come visit you over Easter....

I was so glad to read Cyndi's question about going back to phase 1. I've been thinking about it for a few days and almost started a thread to get some help with this.

Is there much point in going back to phase 1 if you're not having any cravings? I have no cravings and I am OP most of the time. (I might have half a cookie or half a brownie or something once or twice a month, usually at a classroom party.) Twice since October I've gone more than a week without losing any weight but the rest of the time I've been losing a steady 1-2 lbs/week so I've never felt the need to go back to phase 1.

I really wanted to be down 50 lbs by Easter (April 4) because that will also be my 6 months on South Beach anniversary. I think that's why I can't just shrug my shoulders and say, "Ah, what's another week?" :lol:

I'd happily go phase 1 for the week if I thought it would zap those last 3 pounds quickly, but I am not convinced it will speed my weight loss at this point in the game. What do you think?

cottagebythesea
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Heidi, the first time I did Phase 1, I lost 11 lbs., but hardly lost anything whenever I redid it again. I've always read that the reason for Phase 1 is to rid your body of any cravings resulting from sugar and refined carbs, and Phase 2 is where the real weightloss begins. If you aren't having any problems with cravings now, I don't think it's necessary to do a Phase 1 at this time.
I know for me, the closer I get to a healthy weight, the slower the weight comes off, and that may be what's happening to you, too.

Heidi58
03-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks Linda. That's pretty much what I figured too, and one reason I've never gone back to phase 1 since finishing it. I was just looking for a quick fix. lol

I'm still more than 20 lbs from what the charts consider 'normal' weight for me. Isn't that early for things to slow down? I'm fine with losing 1 lb/week rather than the 2 lbs/week I had been losing, but this half pound/week is no fun. :lol:

cottagebythesea
03-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Heidi, the charts all say that for my height and body structure, the perfect weight for me is 116 lbs. :faint: I haven't weighed that since I was in my teens! I'm comfortable with how I look and feel at around 135 - 140 lbs, so that's my goal weight. The closer I get to it, the harder it is for the weight to come off. You're only a few inches taller than me, so it's possible that that's what you're experiencing, but I could be wrong.

I think I'd look like a skeleton at 116, I can't even imagine! LOL!

KellyEnix
03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I went to a get together at a friends house last night to watch the UFC fight... I was surrounded by beer, chips and dip, pizza, etc and somehow managed to stay on track and not cheat. I left there feeling pretty darn proud of myself (and think I converted a few of the girls to SBD in the process:D).
This morning I got up and went to my mom's house. We dug drainage ditches in the area I plan to grow my veggie garden in this summer. Whew! What a workout, but it will all be worth it when I have my own personal fresh, organic veggie store in my mom's backyard! Can't wait!

CyndiM
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Heidi - I'd like to know why the stinkin charts don't adjust for age. I hate them more than the scale ;)
I've been having a really hard time sticking to the structure of SBD. I'm not sure I'd describe most of the problem as cravings but there's way too much grazing, the too frequent off plan nibble, and too large portions. I just need to get back into the right framework and Phase 1 seems like a good way to do that. :shrug: I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a try for a week. I'm also starting Beck again and hope that will also help.

As far as goals go, my final weight was 35 lbs lower than my goal weight. I was still losing pretty easily when I blew by my goal weight so just let my body go where it wanted. When the loss stopped I figured I'd hit a comfortable place for my body to be. I've always been extremely overweight or obese so really had no idea what was possible. Now I have physical reasons for wanting to keep my weight as low as I can while still being healthy and comfortable. Some days the weight is still a surprise though.

Heidi58
03-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Good for you Kelly! :) Chips still really tempt me... but I'm afraid if I have one it will be all over! :lol:

Heidi, the charts all say that for my height and body structure, the perfect weight for me is 116 lbs. :faint: I haven't weighed that since I was in my teens! I'm comfortable with how I look and feel at around 135 - 140 lbs, so that's my goal weight. The closer I get to it, the harder it is for the weight to come off. You're only a few inches taller than me, so it's possible that that's what you're experiencing, but I could be wrong.

I think I'd look like a skeleton at 116, I can't even imagine! LOL!

Thanks Linda. I'm thinking I'll be happy at 150 - 155 and don't plan on working to get below that right now. My cholesterol/blood sugar/BP etc are all good and I feel really good, and believe I'll be able to maintain at 150 without too much trouble. Besides, it's not like the extra 20 lbs is going anywhere... I can always lose it later if things change.

Cyndi I've wondered the same thing about weight charts and age. IMO weights that look sleek and slim at age 20 or 30 start to look frail as women age. Not that I'm in any immediate danger of looking "frail".... :p

It's a funny thing though, I KNOW that I'm 52, but I just don't feel like I am. I wonder where all those years went?

ChelseaW
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey everyone! I'm officially halfway through Phase 1. Woohoo! :carrot:

I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream I was eating a Cinnabon. :lol: The funny thing is I realized halfway through eating it - "wait a minute, I'm not supposed to have this, I'm on Phase 1!!!" and I felt horribly guilty. So funny.

sophie
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Good evening
Boy what a busy weekend I had. Won't go into details.
Debbie - don't you pay attention to what SDs say, they probably have lots of luggage and need to take it out on someone and you are handy. You are a very generous and giving person.
Heidi - About three years ago my dr. sent me to a diet clinic she approved of but it was so low carb that I decided not to do it. They weighed me on this special scale that took my bmi and whatever else. I'm 5'4 3/4 and the dr. told me I should weigh 156 lbs. also I am older than you. I would be very happy to be able to maintain that weight.
take care
Sophie