100 lb. Club - Any bloggers out there?

View Full Version : Any bloggers out there?

Crushed
03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Do any of you blog about your weight loss experiences? Do those of you that blog ever have people in your real life confronting you on things you post or make other comments about your journey that you've had trouble with?

Joni

Gracie789
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I've been blogging everyday since the beginning of December 2009, it's my therapy and keeps me on plan...plus the comments/feedback is really supportive. I blog anonymously, I'm not quite ready to let my friends/family into my blogging world. People I know in real-life know I blog but I haven't shared it yet (except from y'all at 3FC). I'm hoping to eventually be open enough with those I know in real-life to share my blog (maybe in the next few months) but for now it's anonymous. :)

Lyn2007
03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
I blog, but also do it anonymously. That way I can be frank and open without worrying what my family or a future employer might think.

astrophe
03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I used to blog in various places at various times and now I started another one for this leg of the journey. I don't share it in real life though.

A.

Summerblue
03-26-2010, 04:38 PM
WOW...funny, I JUST started one...........literally JUST started it to play out this experience and help me to keep on task with my weightloss journey then maintaining, etc..

Here's some great ones though......
http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/03/100-best-blogs-for-weight-loss-support/

knobhdy
03-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I also blog. I haven't even shared it with everyone here at 3fc because I blog under a different user name to protect my anonymity. If I blogged as Knobhdy, all my friends would know who I was. ;)
I recommend blogging though. It is nice to speak out even if you are the only one listening. :D

cfmama
03-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I blog about everything... but my journey is a huge part of that obviously. And yah... I've had irl people confront me about some things on my blog. Oh well!

calluna
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
cfmama, this is a little ot... but you need to change your subtitle! You're sprinting in Onederland now!

cathydoe
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I blog about everything... but my journey is a huge part of that obviously. And yah... I've had irl people confront me about some things on my blog. Oh well!

what is irl people?

cfmama
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
(in real life)

kaplods
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
irl - in real life

I don't really tell anyone irl that I blog, so I don't have to face that kind of commentary.

I prefer comments from strangers, when it's rude or harsh I can ignore it without hard feelings.

SnowboundChick
03-26-2010, 05:24 PM
what is irl people?
it means 'in real life'

Optical Goddess
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I have two blogs....
htttp://caucasianamericanfemale.blogspot.com
and
http://ayearwithoutcookies.blogspot.com

The latter is my more weight loss oriented blog, the caucasian american female is my main blog. I don't really blog anonymously, but don't really hide, either.
I link to my blogs on my facebook account.

I've had some people mention my blogs, wondering if i was writing about them or something..I've had wierd reactions... it's interesting how I'm perceived.

My 'cookies' blog is quite neglected. I started it with the intent of going a year w/ out cookies but that never worked. I didn't want to put it out of it's misery yet.

The only thing I wish was more feedback, good or bad. I like the interaction..

htx

Xan
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I blog off and on. I'm a terrible blogger. Like sticking to a weight loss plan, I start out with great enthusiasm and then fade away. I'm back again, and determined -- really! -- to stick to both plan and blog. I use a family nickname that no one in my current life knows. Although I suppose it is rather obvious to everyone I know that I'm fat.... :)

Sskar
03-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I blog as another outlet for monitoring the journey and expressing myself through writing. I don't blog every day - just not enough to write about that I think others would want to read. I do not use is it as a journal - that is done in private so I can upchuck my emotional crud all over the page.

My family and all my real friends on Facebook know about my blog and are probably my only readers :) Although I keep pictures on there, I use a pseudonym at this time because of a stalking incident in my past.

My blog is pretty weak, but I enjoy attempting to express what is going on and will probably venture beyond weight loss in my writing, which is why I moved my blog from 3FC to the free WordPress site.

Tibouchina
03-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I blog about it (it's in my siggy). I figured it would get me out there. I don't exactly hide since I am a writer anyways, and I can use my other channels to get more hits (it would be fun to make money while I am losing weight, why not?)

Just had a lovely comment today on my facebook fan page that I just started to go along with the blog. Was excited I got a fan I didnt know, until they went and posted about how fat I was, and you must need a helicopter to move me around, yadda. Deleted the comment and banned them, and wrote a little ranty status in response. Uh duh, look at the picture on the page (use the same one as here) - it's of me running. In a race. That happens to be a half marathon. Bet they cant even do a 5K so neener neener.

But really, thats very rare. Otherwise people are so wonderfully supportive and excited for you. I love writing on my blog, and having giveaways, getting to review products - it's great!