Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Last night I ate a whole tub of peanut butter

and I'm pretty much disgusted with myself right now. How do you recover from something like that???
hiswifeylee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #2  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

You just remember today is a new day and start over. You can't change what you did and there is no use stressing or feeling bad about something you can't control now. EVERYONE has a set back now and then. You learn from it and move on. Now you are a little wiser and when you think about doing something like that again, you'll remember how you felt this time. How would we ever learn if we don't make mistakes?

Last edited by MikoMarcia; 03-26-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my life
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

You pick yourself up and start moving forward again. I know that's easier said than done sometimes, but it's important not to let a slip up rob you of your motivation to do good in the future. Sometimes it feels like we have to make up for the mistake before we can move on but really just pulling yourself back on track is enough. Don't look at it like your progress came to a screeching hault, it was only a speed bump.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiswifeylee09 View Post
and I'm pretty much disgusted with myself right now. How do you recover from something like that???

I've done that with hummus. I guess we just have to do a little bit better the next time and only eat part of the tub?
HeartOfGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'8

thanks guys i really needed the support today because I was up at 5am just feeling like s***!!!
hiswifeylee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

HIDE the peanut butter. Get back on your plan and try not to dwell on mistakes,. You will fele much better just getting back on plan, honest. That's the kindest thing you can do for yourself. Also, if you can, figure out why you ate the peanut butter. If you know why, then you can figure out a better plan the next time the jar is calling out to you.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 117/117/106

Height: 5'2

I have done exactly the same. Though I have just swalled 2 easter eggs that were meant to be for my family in about 5 miniutes. And they weren't small ones either.

Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and when you eat the weight doesn't go straight onto you. If you are good for the next few days you will be fine
KittyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

1) Forgive yourself.

2) Don't buy any more peanut butter

3) When you are ready to examine this to learn from it, figure out what prompted the PB binge. Was it emotional eating? Was it meal skipping? Was it a lack of nutrients the PB has?

4) When ready to start buying PB again, buy smaller containers, portion out and freeze the rest -- whatever you need to prevent a future PB binge. And if ti turns out you can't manage to help it, consider not buying it again period and put it on your trigger food list.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #9  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Wow, So did I. Yesterday I ate a whole jar of peanut butter and I was dipping marshmellows in it! I still feel like crap and I gained 3 lbs in one day. I still didn't recover, it's like an emotional scar. lol I binge on it every week and never ate a whole jar at once. Today just the thought of p.b makes me sick. I wish I could be it would be that way all the time. I am not buying it anymore, if I have it here, I'll be after it in a few days. Your not alone, there are alot of people on here that have a problem w/ p.b. Please don't buy it! Stay far away from it! lol Good luck with the recovery
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #10  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartOfGold View Post
I've done that with hummus. I guess we just have to do a little bit better the next time and only eat part of the tub?
I've done it with hummus, too. Why, oh why, does hummus have to be so damn wonderful? WHY?!?!?!?!
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #11  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

I did that yesterday with Kitkats. I ate an entire 8-pack of the snack size ones. I am seriously addicted to them. Basically I woke up today and said- Oh well. It happens. It doesn't mean your weight loss efforts are ruined. I am finding the key (for me) to keep going is exercise. I HATE exercising, but if I do it- it changes my mindset the rest of the day and sets me up for a better eating day.

Also- I pulled my scale out and put it next to my bathroom sink so every morning when I wake up I HAVE to weigh myself. Yes, it's not fun when I gain 2-3 pounds in one day- but at least I know I am still going to have to weigh myself the next day and the next.. so I figure I might as well not binge all day long again and see an even higher number the next day!

It happens to all of us though! That's why we are all here!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #12  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyT View Post
I have done exactly the same. Though I have just swalled 2 easter eggs that were meant to be for my family in about 5 miniutes. And they weren't small ones either.
Damn seasonal candy!! Before I started my present diet, I'm ashamed to admit I was eating a big Russel Stover bunny every weekend. And Valentine's Day with the hearts! Chocolate is my worst enemy. I don't even go to CVS anymore, and I don't walk down the candy aisle at Publix. Too much to handle.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 157 / Ticker / 130

Height: 5'6"

I aagree with the others. Tomorrow is a new day, hide the PB and move on. Use it as motivation to do better
Tia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #14  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I've done that with peanut butter, only I mix in sugar and sprinkles... I guess you just keep going and do your best to get back on plan. But I find a peanut butter binge always leaves me feeling like someone hit me in the stomach the next morning when I wake up.

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 03-28-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 327/293/125

Height: 5'5"

I have days like that too...the food item varies, but the "eat it all" desire is there. I usually ask my hubby to take it and either put it somewhere I can't reach, or to hide it and not tell me where. If he isn't home, I try to occupy my hands with something other than eating. If peanut butter is really going to be that much of an issue, and it's in the house still, you could do a pros and cons list. Or destroy the peanut butter with a ton of salt or pepper or some liquid soap. (rude to others in the household, yes, but is it better to be a bit rude, or to eat the jar?) And if money is an issue, figure out what the peanut butter costs, and how many calories are in the jar, and decide what you would do if someone offered you that much cash to consume that many calories (or paid you that much to work them of in the gym.)
As for the guilt- don't worry about it. Nobody is perfect.
christinesefton is offline   Reply With Quote