South Beach Diet - Feisty Friday

View Full Version : Feisty Friday

CyndiM
03-26-2010, 05:16 AM
I don't feel feisty but I'm hoping the idea along with lots of coffee might help ;) It's cold and windy here this morning.. Not sure about snow yet because it's still dark. I hope we didn't get any.

I had a late night and a very early morning (headache wake-up) so I'm going to drink my first mug of coffee and then come back.

How is your Friday shaping up? The weekend is straight ahead so grab a cup of something hot and stop by and say hello :)

astrophe
03-26-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm up early too.

Already had breakfast, and getting ready to chuck in a load of laundry and figure out my game plan for today.

Good morning! :)

A.

Heidi58
03-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Good morning :wave:

I'm bringing a crockpot of broccoli cheese soup to the teachers workshop today so I started it before bed last night and we both were awake before the alarm because it smelled so good! :lol: Ferg had a bowl for breakfast but I'm waiting til lunch for mine.

Enjoy your Friday friends. :hug:

TwynnB
03-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Good morning A & C!

I'm a bit groggy too. Went to bed early, and mananged to wake up early, darned it!

Busy day today... I get to go with my DS to a play today, then work the afternoon, then to a school function tonight.

I swear plain yogurt must have some magical weight loss activity. I have not been on plan 100%, but I've had my yogurt...and things are staying steady, even dropping?! It's either the yogurt, or the fast runs! (well, fast for me) I've been having some awesome salads too, with the leftover baby greens from my church dinner the other night.

Glad to check in! HOpe everyone is doing well!

Heidi - that soup sounds fabulous! Cute to have a bowl for breakfast. Does give me a great idea for lunch!

CyndiM
03-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Heidi - is there a recipe for the crockpot version? I love the idea of making the soup that way. Now I wish I had a bowl for breakfast :)

Astrophe - :wave: A plan for the day sounds so much more productive than drink coffee, make it to 5:00 ;)

Twynn - I bet it's those runs - Congratulations!

TwynnB
03-26-2010, 06:06 AM
I think I have some frozen broccoli in the freezer......and enough time to make it....You ladies are such bad influences....;)

Mmckellen
03-26-2010, 06:14 AM
The scale this morning said 160.4! :carrot: I'll probably not make my March goal, but the 150s are so close I can taste it...

Twynn, there is loads of evidence that eating more dairy increases weight loss, and I have even read that probiotics (which yogurt has in abundance) help with wieght loss too. So, keep it up with the yogurt! It is considered one of the 12 superfoods we should try to eat every day (so is dark chocolate and red wine - don't you love it).

We have a fairly relaxed weekend coming up...an egg hunt tomorrow with a barbeque to follow at a friends house, and on Sunday just a casual walk down to the new Brooklyn Bridge Park which opened near to our home. This is a project years in the making and when it is finished it is going to be a great asset for the community (and raise our property values through the roof too) and consists of 6 piers, each with different things (a marina, salt marsh, children's playground, etc.) The first one opened this week so we are going to have a look.

Have a great day everyone!

Heidi58
03-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Hmmm, I think I'm going to pick up some yogurt on my way home! lol

There's not an official crockpot version for that recipe. I just put the broth and frozen broccoli in the crockpot before we went to bed and Voila! ;) lol I pureed it this morning and added the canned tomatoes and cream cheese and it's ready to go. I love the taste but I especially love how easy the recipe is.

Heidi58
03-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Congrats on the whoosh Mmck! :carrot:

Mmckellen
03-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Question: has anyone heard from Kara or WeightObsessed? I missed a couple of days while I was on vacation and wonder if everything is ok.

Ruthxxx
03-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Oh my! I've been up 15 minutes and want broccoli soup instead of my coffee. I guess I'll have to settle for the coffee and yogurt with strawberries.

Everyone sounds busy and I'm joining you. It's time to get back in the groove with gym this morning, a Bingo to work and then daffies to sell out in the below freezing temperatures late this afternoon. Jazz seems a bit under the weather but he may just be recovering from the trauma of his haircut.

See y'all later and TGIF.

P

Heidi58
03-26-2010, 06:28 AM
I've been wondering about Kara and Okie, too. I don't do facebook so if I don't see them here I don't see them anywhere....

Ruth, I'm glad you had a great vacation in FL, but it's nice to have you back where you belong - here posting at dawn. ;) :D

litar
03-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Good morning everyone! So glad it's Friday!
Heidi- Thanks for that link yesterday- I'm going to check it out this afternoon! Yesterday the boys both had soccer so I ran out of time! That soup sounds yummy....wish I had a SB buddy at my school today! We are taking snack for our AP's birthday. I am taking a veggie tray with some light dip.

Congratulations on the loss McMk! How exciting to get into the 150's!!!

I think I need some yogurt and some running Twynn!

Hey Cyndi and Astrophe
:wave::wave:

I was wondering about Kara and FoodObsessed also!

cottagebythesea
03-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Good morning!

Broccoli soup sounds good, but I still have to start my day with coffee. :) It's a dreary, rainy morning, so broccoli soup may end up on the lunch menu.

I treated myself to a sleep-in this morning. There's nothing pressing that I have to do, I'm going to throw in a few loads of laundry and do some dusting and vacuuming. I should stop in to see my parents today, too.

I remember Kara mentioning that her family was taking a vacation when her DH got home, so that's probably where she is. As for Okie, I don't know. She did complain of computer problems, and perhaps that's why she hasn't posted for a while?

WaistingTime
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Good morning!

This afternoon is DS's first track meet of the season. He is glad his coach is letting him run two varsity races despite all the practice he missed for his sprained ankles. But not allowed the events he really wants! Yet.

Happy dance news: My mom is taking me to the spa in June! She is doing it to thank me for my support during her husband's medical crisis. (Back story here... she takes me and my SILs every other year now, but this is an off year, new location, and just us.) Flights already booked!

So... I am going to see the orthopedic today to see how to if I can figure out how to heal my shoulder faster to get back to my exercise routine and spa ready!

Lexxiss
03-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Karas hubby got back from his trip-she'd been on the countdown. I'm trying to remember if they were going on one of their trips or if she's just happy and busy.

Okie may have computer issues again. She's not posting on FB either. I sent her a msg there the other day.

Back after coffee and doggie walk!

Schmoodle
03-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi chicks, I'm still here! I got back from my trip late last Friday, but have been trying to get caught up at work and at home, so I haven't said hello, although I've stopped in to read a bit. I feel so exhausted since I got back, I suspect it's allergies getting to me.

Anyhoo, all is well here. I got an email from DH and he may stay a month longer on the ship, which would put him home in late June. And my niece called me yesterday and asked if I'd make her wedding dress, so I'm excited about that. The last time I got myself into this, I asked my friend to smack me if I ever considered it again. But that dress was a nightmare, ball gown with a train and big poufy skirt. I put forty yards of fabric in that skirt and had it strung all through the house. This niece wants a simpler dress, so I think I'm good.

So it's Friday, woo-hoo. Planning to go to my mom's for family pizza night, and have a glass or two of wine. Not much planned this weekend except errands and housework, but hopefully we'll squeeze in some fun somewhere. I'm off to do my workout and hit the shower before I lose my motivation. Back later for personals.

jenne1017
03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Bad eating last night - not to mention I had 2 Off Plan drinks :( Oh well, talk about detox today ;)

I pick up DW from the airport so I am leaving work early today :) Happy Friday!

Lexxiss
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Some days it takes longer to get back...this is one...

Cyndi, thanks for getting us started. I hope you've found some additional inspiration this morning with the help of coffee(dark roast). :lol: I live in a valley with steep hills on both sides. It's not snowing here, but the hills are white.

Astrophe, :wave: nice to meet you!

Heidi, you seem to have started something here this AM!

Twynn, personally, I think it's your running but yogurt doesn't hurt...or great salads! Glad to hear the scale is on your side this week!

Mmc, the new park sounds excellent! Maybe someday I'll see it. My Dad was raised in NYC.

Ruth, :wave: Glad you had a great trip and that you're getting back in the groove. Sorry to hear about bingo.:lol:

Lisa, have a good day at school.

Linda, have a great day!

Karen, spa news is great! BTW-I love your new pic! Good luck at the DR.

Schmoodle, good to hear from you. Wow! Making a wedding dress! I can't even imagine.

Jenn, glad DW is finally coming home!

Me, one week of skiing left so I'll head to the pool for a quick aerobics class then head to the slopes. I took the day off yesterday to get reorganized and didn't:lol: so that's the weekend plan. We have company for Easter so I'll spend my free time figuring out where to put 2 grown daughters(DH's) and an additional dog. I have some Baked Brown Rice in the oven to send to the freezer and more pesto to make. I've gotten 2# of basil in the past several weeks from the CSA. Once the farmers markets open they won't have extra, so I need to take advantage of the opportunity.

Have a great day everyone!

sophie
03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
good morning

Debbie, Ruth and Schmoodle, nice to see you back home safe and sound.

Cottage - glad you can relax a bit, don't often see you doing it.

Cyndi - hope your headache goes away and you can enjoy your glass of wine tonight.

Twynn - I too think its the running.

Mmc - great on the whoosh. Great way to start the weekend.

Heidi - broccoli soup sounds good, but I'm scared to make it. Shortly after DH had bypass surgery I made it and he took it to work. Had the worse headache of his life, went to hospital and had an emergency MRI and all kinds of test but nothing was found so now I always associate that time with broccoli soup.

Lisa - have a good day in school

Karen - going to a spa with mom sound so good.

Debbie - have a great day, I am sure your calendar is full.

Jenn - You will detox and have a great weekend

Astrophe - nice to meet you.

me - its cold, had to pull out the winter jacket today. Had supper planned last night and just didn't feel like cooking so had a bowl of oatmeal, told DH to take care of himself. Planning to bake some easter breads for the nursing home my MIL was in and sons over for dinner on Sat and Sun this weekend. Oh yea, stepped on the scale and was up .2, not bad for the eating I did while away.
take care
Sophie

Kim_Star060404
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Good morning, everyone! I'm glad to be posting from home today. We didn't get back from Carlsbad until 8 last night, so I'm taking it easy this morning and heading in when I feel like it, probably in the next hour.

Our seminar was AWESOME! My boss and I learned a lot about how to approach being better leaders/managers. Most of the changes start with how we handle ourselves, so we've both made a commitment to set some professional goals and keep each other accountable. As a result, we're expecting interactions and productivity with our employees will improve. We were really pleasantly surprised. We were expecting a bunch of management buzz words and pop psychology.

Well, I'm off to get the house picked up a bit and then I'll head in. Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY!!!!

Schmoodle
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Did you find your feist, Cyndi? Hope the head is feeling better.
Hello, Astrophe! And thanks for the reminder. I threw a load in this morning too, but forgot to get it into the dryer.
I’ve been planning some broccoli cheese soup too, Heidi. Maybe today is the day.
Mmc, congrats! That park sounds fabulous.
I’m glad you had a fun trip, Ruth. It was cold in FL the beginning of last week, but I think it warmed up by the time you arrived. It was beautiful the day I left.
Hello, litar, Happy Friday!
Sounds like a nice, relaxing day cottage.
Karen, good luck to DS. What a nice thing for your mom to do!
Happy reunion with wifey, Jenn!
Debbie, busy, busy, busy. I am jealous of your pesto stash.
Welcome back sophie. Stay warm. I felt the same way about dinner last night, and gave the kids leftovers and had a kashi bar myself.

I didn’t check the weather and the kids went out the door in short sleeves, no jackets this morning. Now I hear we are in the 30’s today. Oh well, bad mommy.
Anyone else watching Project Runway? I was so sad to see Anthony cut last night. I am not in the mood to work today, rather start the weekend.

ETA: Hi Kim! Glad the trip was worthwhile!

BellaLucia
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone, Debbie was right! My computer hasn't been working for the past week. I'm glad it's working now! I missed you all!

Lexxiss
03-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I missed you all!

We missed you too, Okie!

tammies00
03-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey ladies!

Broccoli is the one veggie I have an issue eating. I like the taste I just had a bad experience once, and everytime I try and eat broccoli I think of that experience.

Just stopping in to say hi.

have a happy Friday!!

Tammie

WaistingTime
03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
So I miss doing personals! But it is too hard to do this late in the day.

Doctor update - I have an MRI on Tuesday for the shoulder. Best case scenario it is badly bruised and I do shoulder physical therapy. Worst case scenario it is a rotator cuff tear requiring surgery. Fingers crossed for the bruise!

I am being unusually laid back about it and trying not to stress out too much about not being able to get back to my workouts. Sigh. And my beach vacation is now less than a a month away!

My worst thought today... if I have surgery I will have to type on here with one hand!

cottagebythesea
03-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Karen, keep thinking positive thoughts, and hope it's just badly bruised! We'll all keep our fingers crossed. :crossed: