UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #1  

Height: 163cm

Default Starting again!

Hi everyone!

Right... I need to start all of this all over again. I cannot follow diets, I do not have the willpower. What I can do is cut down on the amount of rubbish I eat and exercise more.
So, I've embarked on an exercise programme. My aim is to look fabulous at a wedding in June (I've got 11 weeks!). If I can tone up a bit and not have to spend the whole day sucking in my stomach or worried about my arm or back flab flapping in the breeze it would be an achievement!

Any good advice from you lovely people out there?
cammii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammii View Post
Hi everyone!

Right... I need to start all of this all over again. I cannot follow diets, I do not have the willpower. What I can do is cut down on the amount of rubbish I eat and exercise more.
So, I've embarked on an exercise programme. My aim is to look fabulous at a wedding in June (I've got 11 weeks!). If I can tone up a bit and not have to spend the whole day sucking in my stomach or worried about my arm or back flab flapping in the breeze it would be an achievement!

Any good advice from you lovely people out there?
Hey Cammi,

Best of luck, even if you aren't following a 'diet' per se, it might be useful in your case to try a food journal for a while, because sometimes at the end of the day you can feel quite virtuous about how little junk you've eaten, but when you actually look at it all in black and white, you can see other items you could have cut back on, this can help when they crop up again...it's also good to know how many calories approx you consume per day, as, in order to lose 1lb per week ( this differs a bit for all of us) you need to take our more than 3'500 calories that week, or 500 a day.
In your case you might try and cut back by around 2 or three hundred, and then burn an extra 200 or so by increasing excercise!
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote