100 lb. Club - I just REALIZED something!

View Full Version : I just REALIZED something!

Summerblue
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I am no longer on a DIET.

Like it JUST hit me.

My counting calories, walking, eating properly and better whole foods is my LIFE, not a 'diet'.

Diet's come and go. My life is here to stay.

Thanks for helping me really GET IT. I know I still need help remember this and figting that darn urge to go thru and drivethru, but I don't have the strong urge I had 2 weeks ago to just STOP, what's the use.

I know if I stop, I will just add more weight - again year after year that dang 5 lbs that I always seem to add, except for last year I REALLY over did it at Christmas and I gained 10 lbs last year - yikes.

Sorry, I am rambling.....but I think I finally GET IT. :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I

synger
03-25-2010, 09:46 AM
WOOT! That's a great realization. Congratulations!!!

LisaF
03-25-2010, 09:55 AM
YAY! It's an amazing thing to realize, isn't it? Congratulations on getting here.

cathydoe
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM
I GET it too! And doesn't it feel awesome!?!

Thank you for reminding me...than I am living and feeling good!

Eliana
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
LOL! I say congratulations on figuring that out so soon!! I knew that already, and entered with that mind set, but I am only just now, 5.5 months in, really getting it.

So congratulations! That's the first big step to maintenance...I think. ;)

MamaP
03-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Congratulations! It makes a difference when you realize it is not a diet, but a lifestyle. I am not on a diet, I am on a journey. A journey to being healthy and happy (and if I get skinny along the way, that's all the better).

starfishkitty
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Seriously... I'm not sure when I realized that it was my normal life to eat this way and UN-normal to eat badly.... but its still sometimes crazy to me too!

Gourmet Bean
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Congrats!! I realized this last week and it really does hit you like a brick doesn't it! I realized it became normal for me to go to the gym like clockwork and not sit there and argue with myself to push myself to go. Amazing!

Twitter
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Any biggest loser watchers here? I noticed on a recent episode when they all went home that a few went out to eat and instead of whining about others having the high fat, fried foods (like some contestants in the past had done) there was more acceptance of ordering good foods - that you could still go out to eat if you just made a few adjustments. I was so happy to see the attitude change instead of the whining.

Great attitude about this being a lifestyle, not a diet - I like that!

PaulaM
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
YAHOO! It's so true and if we could all get it and never think the word "diet" again I think the whole process would be easier. That's why so many regain, when they go "off" their diet.

Gracie789
03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
:cheer3: Woo Hoo! That is a fantastic realization and (in my opinion) the key to long-term success. I call my change in behavior a lifestyle change because if I want to keep the weight off I'll have to continue these behaviors even after I reach my goal. What we're learning and doing now is something for life otherwise the old habits will come back and the weight will creep up. So congrats on your realization & keep up the great work!!!