Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Sugar Free Dry Creamer and Coffee

I was wondering everyone's opinion on driking coffee (1-2 cups) along with sugar free dry creamer and how that might affect weight loss if you are on program 100%???
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

When I asked my center about a creamer for my coffee they told me I could use their ready made vanilla shake and just keep it in the refrigerator. They also said I didn't have to count it. I tried that for awhile but it kept getting gunky on me. Now I use sugar free coffee-mate liquid creamer. Looking at the nutrition label it looks a lot healthier than the ready made shake. I don't feel it has had any impact on my weight loss. If you think about it, you are allowed salad dressing so to me this is no different.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6''

I don't think it'll be a huge problem. I have a cup of decaf every once in a while socially, but broke the daily coffee habit while i was pregnant and don't want to get back into it.

I think as long as you can tolerate the caffeine (the stimulant tends to make you hungry) then you'll be fine. I'd say give it a try for a couple weeks, realizing that you need to offset it with a little more water too (it's a diuretic) and see how it affects YOU. Each of us reacts differently. If it's not a trigger to eat and your losses aren't effected then you're probably good to go.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #4  

Ooopps forgot to add that the manager at the MRC I go to said absolutely no cafinated soda but she could live with me having real coffee. I have been making my coffee with 1/2 cafinated beans and 1/2 decaf.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #5  

During my first go-round with MRC (sad to say first ... boo), I haId three things I never gave up ... my sugar-free CoffeeMate French Vanilla coffee creamer (in decaf coffee), my Diet Mt Dew, and a small amount of whatever salad dressing I wanted. When I asked, they said absolutely not, so I didn't tell them, and I lost at the rate they wanted me to. Other than those three things, I never ate anything off program for the entire 5 months and lost over 55 pounds. For me, those things made the incredibly boring food palatable. There was no way I would have ever been able to eat all of that salad without some taste I liked. (at that time, they had their own dressing and it was awful!!) Perhaps I would have lost a tiny bit more in that amount of time, but it wouldn't have been worth it to me. Oh yeah, I also used lemon and lime in my water.

Food programs are all about you being able to do them. If you can do it, it will work. But if you don't stick with it, it won't. Those three things helped me to stick with it.

So, as adults, we all make informed choices. So, if you think the coffee creamer will help you stay on program, use it, but if not, don't.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
Ooopps forgot to add that the manager at the MRC I go to said absolutely no cafinated soda but she could live with me having real coffee. I have been making my coffee with 1/2 cafinated beans and 1/2 decaf.
So caffeinated diet soda has more caffeine than coffee? (I assume?)
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I was wondering everyone's opinion on driking coffee (1-2 cups) along with sugar free dry creamer and how that might affect weight loss if you are on program 100%???
I've done decaf coffee all along and used the sugar free fat free Coffee Mate hazelnut creamer and splenda....worked for me anyways.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

The creamer is pure carbs, so it can affect your ketosis, but if it's working for you, why not?
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
So caffeinated diet soda has more caffeine than coffee? (I assume?)
Good question! I don't know.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
That is what I do! I go to Starbucks and have them grind the beans 1/2 of each and then put them in one bag together.. Works like a charm!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwmn1 View Post
The creamer is pure carbs, so it can affect your ketosis, but if it's working for you, why not?
The sugar-free coffeemate creamer has 1 carb, no sugar and 15 calories and 5 mg sodium, so it shouldn't effect your ketosis at all (if that's what you aim for).
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 AM   #12  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

I was told by the center-no caffeine in any way, shape, or form. They said your liver will either burn fat or caffeine and if you drink caffeine; your liver can't do its' job of burning your fat because it is busy burning caffeine you drank.
I actually never knew what my liver did.
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/190/150

I think the caffeine free diet sodas rule is more for the sodium. I haven't been able to find any caffeine diet sodas that weren't loaded with sodium. That's why they push the diet rite and diet lemon/lime sodas.
Phatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
During my first go-round with MRC (sad to say first ... boo), I haId three things I never gave up ... my sugar-free CoffeeMate French Vanilla coffee creamer (in decaf coffee), my Diet Mt Dew, and a small amount of whatever salad dressing I wanted. When I asked, they said absolutely not, so I didn't tell them, and I lost at the rate they wanted me to. Other than those three things, I never ate anything off program for the entire 5 months and lost over 55 pounds. For me, those things made the incredibly boring food palatable. There was no way I would have ever been able to eat all of that salad without some taste I liked. (at that time, they had their own dressing and it was awful!!) Perhaps I would have lost a tiny bit more in that amount of time, but it wouldn't have been worth it to me. Oh yeah, I also used lemon and lime in my water.

Food programs are all about you being able to do them. If you can do it, it will work. But if you don't stick with it, it won't. Those three things helped me to stick with it.

So, as adults, we all make informed choices. So, if you think the coffee creamer will help you stay on program, use it, but if not, don't.
Deb I agree with you 100%. After all isn't that really the ultimate goal here anyway, learning to eat better and find what works for us to maintain for a lifetime? I also have never given up my salad dressing - to me I just know I could not bear day after day after day of dry bland salad and it helps. I have even been known to get it on the side when we are out to eat and just use a little to enjoy my dinner. I have also kept my 1 Coke a week (on Monday nights when I have to go to school from 6-10PM, it's the only way psychologically I can make it through the night) and I have lost and average 2-2.5 lbs a week. Yes it probably could have been higher, but I'm happy with what I have accomplished and know I could not have done it without the basic foundation of MRC (haven't succeeded in the past anyway). Its all about what we learn about our bodies and how they react
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntieb View Post
I was told by the center-no caffeine in any way, shape, or form. They said your liver will either burn fat or caffeine and if you drink caffeine; your liver can't do its' job of burning your fat because it is busy burning caffeine you drank.
I actually never knew what my liver did.
I'd never heard that. Interesting. Thanks!