General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Default Love and Social Networking

Is it just me, or does social networking, for all of its good attributes, sometimes complicate relationships and love?

So, my ex and I were both on one of the larger social networking sites. He would rarely email me from that site because he said he just didn't log on much, plus, we were seeing each other every day, so what would be the point, right? It didn't bother me much as I stopped going to that site once we were in a relationship.

Well, after we broke up I found out that he was on another social networking site. He just added me as a friend. The weird thing is that he was on that site for a few months, but never looked me up or added me, etc., even though he knew I was on it. Weird. It makes me feel like he didn't want me to know.

This brings up a lot of issues because he did, a couple of times, send someone an inappropriate text, and that messed with our trust issues. Also, the way we broke up I felt like he was trying to move out for a while, but he kept saying he wasn't, until the day that we had a talk and he said he needed his space. He didn't really have to move much of anything at that point.

It just makes me feel very vulnerable and doubting...like he had been planning to leave for a while. I feel hurt because while I do understand that we may not just be the right people for each other, I feel like I did so much for him, and was so patient and trying to be so understanding, and yet, it just wasn't enough to keep us together, and he either preferred living with his roommate, or someone else. I do sometimes wonder if he made other friends and realized that I wasn't someone he wanted to be with for the long haul, ya know?

Just sort of upsetting.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/150/140

Height: 5 "5"

So sorry hun. Break ups suck! What helps me is erase that Ex-person from existance, LOL! I would say dont befriend him, dont check up on him and just let him be. It's probably for the best. Good Luck!
zamzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
So sorry hun. Break ups suck! What helps me is erase that Ex-person from existance, LOL! I would say dont befriend him, dont check up on him and just let him be. It's probably for the best. Good Luck!
Thank you, We are still good friends and in each other's lives. I think I just need to contact him less and start truly contacting him as I do my friends, versus someone I was in a relationship with. I also have to start adjusting my schedule for him. He has had to change a lot of times where we were going to meet, so I need to stop planning my schedule around when he says we may spend time together. It is weird. I feel kind of bad that he hasn't wanted to see me for so long, but, maybe it is his way of letting go of the past as he says. I have also taken the step of taking his pic off my phone. I know, I know, it sounds silly and childish, but, that was a big deal for me.

Last edited by milliondollarbbw; 03-24-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/150/140

Height: 5 "5"

Oh Honey it is not childish at all. Letting go is hard. One day at a time. You sound like you still have feelings for him, the more reason why you should distance yourself maybe a little for your own sake. Personally, it gets confusing for me to be friends with an Ex because I'll feel so comfortable and treat it like a relationship. I'll start to get mad if they dont keep their promise, or get busy,or start seeing other people. Ughh...feelings are complicated. So take care of you first. Do what feels good to you. And feel better hun.
zamzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #5  

Thank you. I do think I will always love and care for him, even though I can also understand and accept that we had some differences that may have made it difficult for the long term marriage thing. It still hurts a bit, because I just wonder about finding someone else.

I am just going to work on me for a while and get myself right and together.